May 18, 2011 10:00 AM by Veronica Dudo

Gretchen Rossi from Bravo’s hit reality TV show The Real Housewives of Orange County has a tough decision to make–stay with Slade or move on. Keep reading to find out more about her dilemma!

In a video clip on Bravotv.com, fun-loving Gretchen and her boyfriend Slade Smiley have a very serious talk about the future of their relationship. While sitting out on the patio, Gretchen tells Slade she has some reservations about moving forward in their relationship.

Referring to the numerous accusations online that Slade doesn’t pay child support for his child, Gretchen shares her concern saying,

“Everything about anything gets put on the internet.”

Slade responded to her concerns by saying, “Everyone that knows us–knows the truth.”

Looking ahead at the future, Gretchen has many concerns that people will have the wrong perception about Slade if they choose to have children themselves explaining, “Lets give the perfect example: ‘Gretchen and Slade are going to have a baby but Slade owns this much on child support.’”

Slade fires back, “But it’s not about that.”

Gretchen responds, “But honey, you understand that people’s perception is going to be that, people are going to say he’s not able to pay for his first child why is he having another child? You know that.”

Slade tells her, “That debt is always going to be there, it’s never going to end.”

Gretchen says, “Ok, I guess what I’m saying is that, that debt is so high right now how are we ever going to be able pay that?”

Slade quickly cuts her off by stating, “You’re not going to pay it–it’s not your responsibility.”

“And I appreciate that,” Gretchen answers, “but my point is that if we’re going to be married and we’re going to be in a relationship–whatever is your issue is going to be my issue.”

During the interview portion of the show that is taped individually, Gretchen reveals, “I’m madly in love but I’m not madly in love and stupid, I don’t know if I’m ready to be like ok, I’m taking all of my hard earned dollars and monies and work and everything and I’m going to start supporting your child right now.”

Back on the patio, Slade responds to her by saying, “But the reality is, is that everybody’s got baggage, everybody has a past, everyone has things that will ultimately affect their future.”

Gretchen answers him explaining, “I know that honey, but if I wake up tomorrow and I’m like you know what–life’s too short I just want to be married and I want to have babies and I want to do that, I want to feel like there’s nothing that’s stopping us, I just want to move on with our lives and I feel like there’s a lot of things that are holding us back from that right now.”

Tearfully during her interview for the show Gretchen breaks down and says, “It’s really hard–it’s really hard because I love him and I want to have a kid with him but I have to be smart. Sometimes I realize that love isn’t enough.”

Have you been watching The Real Housewives of Orange County? Do you think Gretchen should stay with Slade? Tell us what you think by leaving a comment below!

The Real Housewives of Orange County airs Sundays on Bravo at 10p|9c.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Orange County and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Orange County |

11 Responses to “The Real Housewives Of Orange County: Gretchen Rossi Wonders If She Can Have A Future With Slade Smiley”

1. jan Says:
    May 18th, 2011 at 7:51 pm

leave him..you are beautiful girl. Find someone your own age…life is not a dress rehearsal you cant relive what doesnt turn out

2. Tracey Coleman Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 9:14 am

I’m glad Gretchen is being smart. It’s okay to love him and live with him and not get married and have babies until she’s secure. He just needs to do more in the lines of having an income so that the security will come sooner than later. She is so brave to be smart. I feel she deserves much respect for her decision to wait. And I feel like he’s losing my respect by not taking what employment he can in order to resolve this issue. Ultimately, I think if he doesn’t come around, she should look to fall in love with someone else. Gretchen deserves to be taken care of. She’s a sweet girl and deserves an honorable man. I know that he can’t pay the higher amount child support and needs to have it modified, but he also needs to get a good paying job and start the process of getting it modified. That part doesn’t cost him anything. People will start calling him Slade slacker instead of Slade Smiley.

3. rea Says:
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Slade is a joke. He needs to get a real job and take care of his child and hisself instead of relying on a woman to take care of him. And Gretchen should have more pride in herself. She is a smart and beautiful lady – run and run fast. Slade will never be able to provide for you. If you lost all your money today he would leave you within a week.

4. Nicci Riche Says:
    May 22nd, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Gretchen please trust your gut and leave Slade now. The longer you stay with him, the more entrenched in your life he will become. He needs you more than you need him. Slade is toxic and if you marry him his problems and debts will continue to grow and you will be on the hook for all of it. Slade is not an honest man. He is not a decent man. He is a parasite and if you leave him now, you’ll cut your losses. Don’t think too much about it, just pull the trigger and get rid of him. You’ll be glad you did. Dodge that bullet girl!

5. renee Says:
    May 22nd, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I THINK ITS A TOSS UP WHOS RUDER,YOU OR ALEXIS.”VICKIS IN THE HOSPITAL AND ALL YOU TO DO IS MAKE SNIDE COMMENTS.I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING YOU HAVE FOR SALE”TRY SAYING SOMETHING NICE FOR ONCE!

6. FAYE Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 11:02 am

SLADE IS A LOSER. SLADE IS A USER. BUT AFTER BEING WITH A REAL WOMAN LIKE JO HOW CAN HE STAND TO BE WITH GRETCHEN. THATS A LONG WAY DOWN. SO I GUESS THEY DO MAKE A GOOD COUPLE

7. Tora Says:
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I think that Gretchen puts Slade down on a regular basis which is a sign that she is not happy. He can’t feel good either, so I must conclude that this is an unhealthy relationship. Why would a healthy person continue with this? It makes me as a viewer feel extremely uncomfortable.

8. Dakota Says:
    June 5th, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I think Gretchen, if she marries this loser, will deserve what she gets. Slade sees his meal ticket and he doesn’t want to give it up. You’re right about people making a big deal out of Slade being a deadbeat Dad and then bringing another child into the mix.
    If Gretchen is prepared to raise this child on her own with no support from Slade then she probably will make the mistake of staying with him.

9. Gay Says:
    June 14th, 2011 at 7:49 am

DO NOT MARRY someone who doesn’t take responsibility for his child. If he does that to the mother of his child, he will do that to you if you have a child with him and it doesn’t work out. Keep your head on straight Gretchen.

10. Darby ward Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 3:51 am

Gretchen: Slade is a major looser. A deadbeat dad is inexcusable! If you marry the bum YOU will be paying off his child support payments…he’s unreliable, he’s just a bum! You can do sooo much better! You marry him unless u have pre nup then his problems become yours and California has even split divorce laws…you are in a loose loose situation…no benefits if u stay w him and definite disadvantages if u marry him like infidelity, loss of your hard earned money, etc. Your smart girl…dump the bum!

11. lou Says:
    March 15th, 2012 at 1:21 am

Gretchen could have any man she wanted, why is she bothering with a waste of space like slade. she will live to regret it if she marries him,

Comments