American Idol: Scotty McCreery Will Take The Stage First At The Finale

May 22, 2011 02:00 PM by Lisa Princ

American Idol on FOX has been pretty tight lipped about which songs the final two will perform on the finale next week but we do know one thing for sure – Scotty McCreery will take the stage first on what is bound to be a battle of the country crooners. Keep reading for more details!

American Idol’s finale performances will kick off with Scotty McCreery taking the stage first and Lauren Alaina going in second. The show normally does a coin toss, giving the winner their choice and in this case Scotty won the toss after Thursday night’s results show. However, in his true country gentleman style, instead of choosing Scotty gave Lauren the choice and she chose to sing second – what a polite young man he is!

Scotty, being the modest guy that he is, didn’t even know what to think when he was announced as one of the finalists, but he did reveal that Lauren has been his pick for the finale all along. I, for one cannot wait to see this all out country duel between these two super talented young stars. No matter who wins this finale, these two will both have long careers in the music industry.

Who are you rooting for? Comment and share your thoughts with us and then be sure to tune in next week to the season finale of American Idol on FOX on Tuesday at 8 pm and then the winner will be revealed on Wednesday night!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo courtesy of FOX!

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

10 Responses to “American Idol: Scotty McCreery Will Take The Stage First At The Finale”

1. sparker Says:
    May 22nd, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Would really like to see Scotty win–he’s SO talented and seems to be such a super nice guy! I would like to hear him sing one of Don Williams hit songs.

2. rhonda Says:
    May 22nd, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I cant’t wait. Country or not great finale. It’s about time we have two GREAT singer’s in the finale. No matter the style. Where are the likes of Elliot Yamein and Blake Lewis, Adam Lambert for that matter. They are all complaining about all county final. They should be worried about there non-existing carrer’s.

3. Fred Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 3:27 am

For the first time,I don’t care which of these two wins. I like both of them. You are so right,they will both have great careers in country music.

4. Dave K Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 8:10 am

They both are very talented. But God put Scotty on this earth for us to hear! Any young man who kisses his cross twice after being in a room with Gaga is a true son of our Father! Good luck to the both of you-we know GOD has already Blessed You!

5. Linda M Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 12:31 pm

These kids are OUTSTANDING!!

They were bound to be on signed with “19″ records

Scotty b’day 10/9=19
    Lauren b’day 11/8-19

Scotty is a year older.

Good Luck to both of them…………in my eyes they are already American Idols and so cute to boot!!!!

6. Sydney Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I think Lauren should win because she us so good and Scotty doesn’t know how to sing anything but country! And I personally don’t like country! GO LAUREN!!! YOU WILL WIN NO MATTER WHAT!!! <3

7. bonnie Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Scotty has something special about him, besides his good voice. I expect great things of him. He is a good role model for young people.It is so good to see someone proclaim his faith . I’m rooting for him. and plan to vote for him. We need more young people like him.

8. Rande Hamilton Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 6:55 am

Haley is a GREAT Artist, I certainly hope that one of these great judges picks her up and sends her career in music. Haley is so versatile and has the voice that we have waited for!!

9. Doreen Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Scotty is such a star – he will win even though the judges were trying hard to promote Lauren. God is the final authority and Scotty is chosen to win and be a HUGE role model and a witness for Jesus. He had such a “blessed assurance” today even Ryan commented how calm he was. Lauren tried so hard with dress from ballerina to prom girl to biker chick and drama queen with the song to the mothers so as to appeal to the emotions but sorry….Scotty wins!!

10. janie Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 8:11 am

Totally agree. She comes across to me as being pampered and pimped by her Mom all of her short life. I also think that the judges did a bit of the same here. I was looking forward to her performance until Ryan and the”doctor” made such a deal about her “strained vocal cord”? Then when Ryan proceeded to help her off the stage like she was some kind of princess. I thought it was a stained vocal cord, not a sprained ankle. What a farce!!!! She did perform well though, however, no sympathy votes from me. I hope that everyone else feels the same and gives us a true idol. Scotty has my heart,Smooth sweet and humble.

Comments