American Idol: Scotty McCreery “Humbled” To Be In The Finale

May 23, 2011 04:00 PM by Lisa Princ

American Idol on FOX‘s finalist Scotty McCreery was shocked when fellow contestant James Durbin was eliminated and although he thought Lauren Alaina would make the finale, Scotty says he feels humbled to be in the top two. Keep reading for more on what Scotty had to say!

As American Idol gears up for its youngest finale ever, and with two Country artists at that, finalist Scotty McCreery feels humbled by the fact that he made it in to the top two. In fact, Scotty didn’t think he would make it very far apparently as he recently told USA Today “Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever dreamed I would have made it this far. I told my dad in Milwaukee, in the arena at auditions – I looked at him and said, ‘Dad, what am I doing here? I’m in over my head. All these people can sing so much better than me.’”

Wow, Scotty must not have heard himself because this teenage version of Josh Turner won over America in his auditions and he has done so all season long. Of heading into the finale with fellow country artist Lauren Alaina, Scotty said “We’re both glad to be here and humbled to be still in the running and humbled that America keeps us around. It’s two youngsters in it this year. It’s a minor country finale.” The Country finale comes in just as we learned that Idol’s only other Country winner, Carrie Underwood has become the show’s best selling artist – just goes to show that Country music is a lot bigger than people think it is! I can’t wait to see this finale!

Who are you rooting for? Comment and share your thoughts with us and then be sure to tune in next week to the season finale of American Idol on FOX on Tuesday at 8 pm and then the winner will be revealed on Wednesday night!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo courtesy of FOX!

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

10 Responses to “American Idol: Scotty McCreery “Humbled” To Be In The Finale”

1. Holly Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I think they are both great! They both have fine lives ahead!

2. kikay Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 7:46 pm

go scotty!!your so good in singing!

3. Mauryne Says:
    May 23rd, 2011 at 8:35 pm

This year’s idol contestants are excellent! My heart is in Scott McCreery’s corner. He is so common and down to earth. I think he rocks and he is so sweet. Go Scottie. I am 68 yeards old, loved lots of country stars,and you, young man are very special. Good Luck!

4. Lisa Princ Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 6:01 am

I agree with all of you! LOVED Scotty from his audition. Lauren is talented as well, it’s going to be a great show tonight!

5. Lynn Henley Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 7:34 am

HE IS TERRIFIC, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, HOPE HE MAKES THE #1

6. Rande Hamilton Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 7:38 am

Jennifer and Steven, please do not leave as judges. You have brought American Idol to a masterpiece considering your singing careers. What you say as judges nmatters and this has been the best year EVER for American Idol. You both have a huge FAN Base and make people watch American Idol, the respect you brought this year needs to continue!!

7. jtrent Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 8:32 am

Country or not–these kids were the best singer/performers!!! THE BEST—what personality…and they really touched the audience—every time…Compassion sells music. And I got a warm feeling every time I watched them perfom. Thanks Scotty and Lauren for being real…You’ll both be bestsellers!!!

8. RAT Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 9:01 am

LOVE Scotty! I have to admit that I did cheer loudly when Lauren was voted in as a finale contestant as well. However, Scotty has my vote all the way. Both are talented and wonderful young people. May God bless them and God’s will always be first in their life. However, Scotty had me at audition. Rallied around him since…Your man. And he became an instant favorite artist to me.

9. John D. Beavers Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 9:48 am

I hope Scotty gets to be the American Idol winner. He has a great voice and he is a kind hearted person. I saw that at the beginning of the show.

10. Gail Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Scotty is the personna of the all American boy, and boy do we ever need that sentiment in these days. He constantly amazes me with his vocal ability and musical talents. I hope he has a musical career to match his dreams, and I am so glad he has a family that loves and protects him. Scotty for the win tonight, yes!!!!

Comments