American Idol: Haley Reinhart Recording Her First Single!

May 24, 2011 10:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Fans of American Idol on FOX were heartbroken to see her not make the top two, but no need to worry – according to Haley’s parents, she is currently recording her first single! Keep reading for more!

We knew that American Idol’s Haley Reinhart came from a musical family, and this weekend her parents, Harry and Patti Reinhart took the stage at Relay for Life, an annual all night event that raises money for the American Cancer Society. While there, the Reinharts revealed that their daughter is currently working on her first single, which she will perform at the finale on Wednesday night.

After thanking all the fans for voting Haley into the top three, Harry Reinhart said of the song that Haley is scheduled to perform on the finale “They are just going to test it out. They may release it, they may not. But she’s recording.” While there were no other details leaked about the song, they did say that Haley turned down two songs and then her mom added “She’s a little spitfire. she likes this one she’s doing, and we hope you like it, too.”

Are you excited about hearing Haley’s new song? Comment and share your thoughts with us and then be sure to tune in next week to the season finale of American Idol on FOX on Tuesday at 8 pm and then the winner will be revealed on Wednesday night!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo courtesy of FOX!

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

17 Responses to “American Idol: Haley Reinhart Recording Her First Single!”

1. sheri Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 11:24 am

I am so happy for Haley Reinhart. I had no doubts that she would get a contract or record deal with some label or some company. It is probably best she got voted off so that she can begin a truly great career.She is truly an entertainer and performer with a great voice. I simply loved her rendition of Bennie and the Jets by Elton John. Besides, who was the last American Idol??????????

2. Dean Mionske Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I agree that Steven should be careful about his comments. However, I think the way Randy JLo treated Haley was absolutely disgraceful. Let’s not forget the producer. I don’t even care to remember his name. Rhiannon Fleetwood Mac did nothing to showcase her talent. Randy should be ashamed of himself for selecting such an obscure song from 1995. The destiny of the contestants should not not be put in the hands of the judges, who were obviously biased, or anyone else. Let the contestants do or die by their own selection of songs.

It is obvious that Haley has no love loss for Randy or JLo and rightly so. At the end, when they all went on stage, she avoided both of them by immediately walking to Steven. Hooray for you Haley!

Haley is a far better singer than Lauren, and Haley’s first single will prove it.

3. opera coach Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I CANNOT STAND HALEY WITH HER SLUTTY ACT, HER LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM AND SNOTTY ATTITUDE AND HER POORLY CONTROLLED VOICE. THE THOUGHT OF SEEING HER AGAIN IS GROSS.

4. Carol Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I will be happy when James records his albun. Haley was so into herself it made me sick. James is brilliant, Haley is not!!

5. Joy Says:
    May 24th, 2011 at 10:36 pm

In my opinion, Haley had the only original voice on American Idol this year. Haley, chin up & don’t listen to the critics…We’ll buy your first CD.

6. grammy Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I hope I never have to listen to her screaming again. I had enough of her while the show was on and was glad to see her voted off

7. Josiah Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Haley is by far the most talented performer. I cannot believe those of you who can’t hear and see that. She was COMPLETELY dissed by Randy and J-Lo. They didn’t want her to win and tried to cover it up but it was obvious. She is very popular here in California. Everyone I know was rooting for her. I never vote but voted for her. Remember Jennifer Hudson? Voted off and look at her now. I remember those of you that thought she had no talent and was screaming. The judges didn’t like her either. She is rolling in the dough now cuz she’s got an amazing voice and proved she is a great actress too. She is the last person I voted for until Haley. Scotty and Alaina are country western copy cats. There are already plenty of CW stars MUCH better than them. Nothing special that I see. Not saying they are bad or not talented but truely not in the same league as Haley. California for Haley. I didn’t watch last night and will tape it just so I can see Haley perform. Don’t care who wins.

GO HALEY! FANTASTIC, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, AWESOME VOICE AND BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!!!

8. oliver Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 4:53 pm

For those of you who dont like Haleys voice or screaming.. you probably hated James, and you will beable to buy Scotty and Laurens recording.. I will LOVE TO HAVE HALEY,S AS IVE BOUGHT ALL OF THEM ON I-TUNES AND EVERYONE AT WORK LOVES HER.. so if over 6 million hits on youtube for HALEY… OVER 2 million for Scotty and over 1 million for Lauren..

9. oliver Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

over 6 MILLION HITS ON YOU TUBE FOR HALEY
    over 2 million for Scotty and over
    1 million for Lauren.. DO THE MATH…
    you buy James , screaming and Lauren, and Scotty,s cd,s and
    the rest of us will buy Haley,s amazing voice….cd,s…….
    She is amazing, Love her presents, voice.. and the way she delivers… I guess you havent been to any shows in LAS, NYC, DTW, ORD, LAX etc… she will do fine. you stick to the other 2…..

10. Judy Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Haley should have won. Randy and Jennifer were such a disappointment as judges. I wasn’t going to watch AI ever again, BUT if Haley is going to perform, I will watch it. Go Haley

11. ALTHEA Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 8:40 pm

All the positive comments and remarks here for HALEY REINHART were absolutely true!She should have won the American Idol crown, if only Randy and JLO gave her the most positive and constructive criticism not the overly frank comments that made her loose her control.Ive watched AI from the auditions down to Haley’s performance last week, she was at the bottom so many times but she was always bubbly and smiling until that OVERDONE FRANK COMMENT BY RANDY that made her loose self control, but her last performance (among the top three) clearly stated who really is a GREAT PERFORMER and a TRUE ARTIST, only Haley!She can be like JENNIFER HUDSON in the future and will last to be a LEGEND in MUSIC. Her voice is really UNIQUE and REMARKABLE!Go Haley youre simply the BEST!

12. Stephanie Says:
    May 26th, 2011 at 7:41 am

It is so amazing seeing all these amazing remarks about Haley. When you go on the American Idol Facebook page, all you ever see are negative comments about her “attitude”. This is truly refreshing and I cannot wait for her single (which she did not sing on Idol? The producers of the show are just mad that she’s been able to make something out of herself without Idol help.)

13. Tim Says:
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:36 am

Haley is fantastic! You have to ask why did she get the short stick all the time from the judges. Look at the final, really sing with Tony Bennet! But James, Laren and Scotty get modern day artists to work with.

14. mommamitty Says:
    May 26th, 2011 at 11:58 am

Haley had by far more “overall” talent. They were all good in their own way. That is the problem with this type of contest.It doesn’t come down to who has the most talent, it is who is watching to vote. If you don’t like Haley’s style, you obiously vote for someone else even if you hate country. And why did everyone else get to sing with somebody more modern day??? I agree Tim. For all the Haley haters, re-”listen” to the performances & criticism and you’ll figure out where the continuous growl came from…the judges! By the way, Haley did country, pop, contemp, blues, jazz, rock etc. Overall talent.

15. Dave Says:
    May 26th, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Haley was too much talent for the teenie-boppers that powertext the votes. She hit 3 grand slams while the most any of the others hit was maybe 1 home run in all 11 weeks. Home run hitters also strike out a little more, but they’re the ones that capture the fans and make the big bucks. She’ll be fine. As to the Tony Bennett comment above – Haley not only had her super groove on (sooo nice), she was the only performer in the building (not Gaga, Beyonce, JLo or anyone) that could make that work and get a standing-o for an 85 year old man from that crowd. I’m disappointed her new single didn’t get on the air – once again stiffed by the producers who needed somebody to sing with Tony and wouldn’t put her on twice.

16. Elaine Says:
    May 29th, 2011 at 9:44 am

Haley is fantastic! She is like a combo of some of the best singers of all time. And opera coach (joke) fyi it takes an incredible amount of voice control to do what Haley does when she sings. People that go out of their way to write negative comments are pathetic. You like a singer or not. If not, go somewhere else. It is negative people like you that add nothing, but instead try to make themselves feel more important by putting down others. Go away!

17. LEVI VEST Says:
    June 9th, 2011 at 8:42 pm

HALEY IS THE MOST TALENTED PERSON IN THE WORLD AND SHE HAS ENSPIRED ME TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR ACTING AND MUSIC AND IN THREE YEARS I’LL AUDITION AND FOLLOW IN HER FOOTPRINTS BUT RITE NOW IM ONLY 12 SO OK I’LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT I’LL BE 13 IN 4 MONTHS. :) GO HALEY!!!!

Comments