American Idol: Lady Gaga Uproar!

May 25, 2011 07:41 PM by Christine McDow

Overall, the American Idol finale tonight was a fantastic show. Great special guests, great songs by the finalists, and fantastic video montages. However, one of the stars did manage to upstage the rest, like she generally does, and this time for a very controversial move on her part. Keep reading to find out what Lady Gaga did during her American Idol finale performance that has many people seeing red. Note: We have the picture below so if you do not want your kids to see it, kindly ask them to leave them room, and then click.

And the winner is…

Read our East Coast blog!

Read our full recap!

American Idol is supposed to be a family show right? That little fact is what has many American’s upset because during her performance Lady Gaga spread her legs wide open for the world to see. Yes she was covered, but many think it was very inappropriate for her to do on a family show. Our guess is she wasn’t even thinking about who was watching, she was just performing. But does that make it right?

What do you think? Did you see Lady Gaga spread her legs and were you outraged by it? Comment below and let us know!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo courtesy of FOX!

Topics: American Idol |

12 Responses to “American Idol: Lady Gaga Uproar!”

1. Tiffany Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I dont see what the big deal is. If people want to complain about Gaga, then they need to complain about JLo as well. Her dress during her performance with her hubby was inappropriate. It showed her butt too much.

2. ami Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 8:16 pm

ppl are dumb. her performance was awesome

3. Lisa Princ Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I completely agree with you Tiffany! If Gaga offended people, then Jennifer had to as well, IMO.

4. Jeremy Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Stop trying to make Lady Gaga a martyr. Not to mention, your attempt is laughable. I’m sure these “families” you speak of have seen more skin at the beach then they did watching this show. Furthermore, you did exactly what she wanted you to do… give her more exposure. My guess is that you enjoyed the crotch shot a bit too much. Keep up the great journalism, and thanks keep our society safe from camel toe!

5. Carrie Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 10:06 pm

What I didn’t like was the sexuality of her performance in general. There for a minute I thought she and the guy were going to go at it right on stage (which I wouldn’t put past her). The spread legs is bad but like you said JLo and a lot of other girls had short skimpy skirts you could see up. It was the blatant sex that irked me. I don’t mind for myself, but I have little kids that love AI and this was just not appropriate for them.

6. Jennifer P Says:
    May 25th, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I just watched this performance online. I thought she was fantastic. She was “dancing”. what about when the dancers on that upcoming show “So You think You Can Dance” do that nice leg kick and you get a nice crotch shot?
    What about Beyonce’s crooning “Make Love To ME” over and over and over?

7. Tara Says:
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:38 am

First, Gaga is all about shock value. She is not shy, maybe that’s why everyone wants her on their show.
    So Idol booked her knowing they have a family audience. Like mentioned, JLO and Beyonce wouldn’t be considered G-rated either last night.
    Gaga loves people to talk about her, it’s called publicity. It will just sell more songs on I-tunes like JLO’s did.
    Go Gaga!

8. JEN Says:
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:54 am

HORRIBLE EXAMPLE FOR THE YOUNG AUDIENCE WATCHING. THE SONG IS CALLED “OVER THE EDGE”. SHE IS A TERRIBLE EXAMPLE FOR THE YOUNG, IMPRESSIONABLE AUDIENCE WATCHING. I AM DISGUSTED WITH HOW SHE USED SUICIDE AS PART OF HER PERFORMANCE.. THIS WOMAN IS SICK!!!!! I’M VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN AMERICAN IDOL. I HOPE PARENTS OF CHILDREN ARE DISGUSTED ENOUGH TO BAN THIS SHOW FROM THEIR HOME

9. Kathy Says:
    May 26th, 2011 at 9:19 am

I agree with carie. The song was awesome like all her other songs and JLo also had on a provacative outfit when she performed with her husband but Lady Gaga’s performance toward the end was a little to raunchy for the little eyes that love American Idol. Just for future reference she should probably remember to tone it down some. I didn’t see Beyonce’s so I can’t so much comment on that part.

10. Sharon Says:
    May 26th, 2011 at 10:43 am

It was not only Gaga’s performance that was inappropriate. It was Beyonce, it was the “Fat Bottomed Girls”,it was JLo’s suggestive dancing,it was Steven Tyler’s profanity, it was the profanity in the clips of the early auditions. I love Idol, but for all that they like to say that it is a show for the family to watch together, they are making it harder and harder to do.

11. Narcisa Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Both Gaga & JLo’s performances were inappropriate, although for Gaga it was never a surprise; but JLo’s was, not much as the clothing but shaking her booty. If she wants to do that in front of her husband, that’s fine, but in front of live television where there are young people as audiences, I think it’s disgusting. The sad part is, she’s already a great singer, actress, beautiful and famous; and she doesn’t really need to do that kind of stuff. Whether she comes back or not, it doesn’t matter to me, esp. if she continues to do that kind of inappropriate perfomance.

12. she Says:
    May 28th, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I think all these x rated performances of the artists today are terrible. What kind of example does that give the youth? I mean Lady Gaga, Rhianna, Byonce and many more. If they really sing and perform, why do they have to act like sluts on stage? I just don’t understand it. I liked the music back in the day. This is just garbage. Always talking make love to me right now, spreading their legs like they are ready to make love. It is nonsense.

Comments