Is The Voice’s Cee Lo Green a Dwarf?!

May 27, 2011 01:00 PM by Shayla Perry

Fans of Cee Lo Green have loved the singer since his days in Gnarls Barkley — and yes, for those of us who are old enough to remember, The Goodie Mob. But now that he’s a fixture in living rooms across the country every Tuesday night, thanks to his stint on NBC’s reality competition, The Voice, the web is all abuzz over the star’s stature. So, is Cee Lo Green a dwarf, or is he simply “stocky”? More after the jump!

To avoid any confusion or controversy: No, we’re not saying that there’s anything wrong with dwarfism, or being a dwarf — whether we’re talking about Cee Lo Green or Larry Green. And whether he’s a dwarf or not, we’re still big (pardon the pun) fans of the artist and his body of work throughout his career. If there’s a Larry Green somewhere out there that happens to be stricken with dwarfism, we apologize in advance for dragging you into this debate, and we’re sure that if we knew you, we’d be fans of whatever it is that you do as well.

Now that that’s out of the way….

The dictionary defines a dwarf as someone with an abnormally small stature and disproportion or deformation of features and limbs.

At first glance, one might be inclined to think that Cee Lo’s just a little on the stocky side. But then again…. His arms and legs do appear to be slightly out of proportion with the rest of his body, which would in fact be a sign of dwarfism.

For the record, Cee Lo Green has neither confirmed nor denied these rumors, and this may get us a huge “F*ck You!” from the Voice coach, but the question remains… Do you think Cee Lo is a dwarf? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Voice Links and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows!

Photo credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Voice |

82 Responses to “Is The Voice’s Cee Lo Green a Dwarf?!”

1. Anne Says:
    May 27th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

This whole article is offensive to me and I’m not a little person. Whenever we make a big thing about the differences of another person we are being prejudiced in my book. I truly do not see any point to this article.

2. Anabel Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Yea and its good ro be different you never want to be the same as evreyone else

3. Jackie Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Im with Shayla, I totally curious!

4. Alfie Says:
    June 22nd, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I’m pretty sure he is. For the commenter above who feels victimized, it sounds like a personal issue. There is nothing wrong with this article.

5. Greg Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Anne

Lighten up it just an opinion!

6. Raul Allegre Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

No this article is not offensive. Cee Lo’s in the public arena. People discuss stars’ looks. That’s the way it is. There are many different types of dwarfism and Cee Lo looks like he probably has one. If he doesn’t want to comment on it that’s up to him, but to wonder about it is totally normal. It would be rude to walk up to a random person and ask them a personal question like that, but we get more leeway with celebrities.

7. Ryan Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I’m guessing he has hypochondoplasia, a mild form of dwarfism.

8. Anna Says:
    July 7th, 2011 at 10:16 am

I don’t know the correct terminology, but definitely does have a mild form of, or partial dwarfism. Like Shayla said, not because of his height but other characteristics that are indicative of dwarfism.

Having said that, it is just an observation not racist. No different that saying if one is short or tall. Unless, of course, you’re adding a negative connotation to it. So to the offended commentator, you’re the one that is thinking in a negative (racist) manner.

In addition, he is a great entertainer! Rock on!

9. Trice Says:
    July 8th, 2011 at 9:16 am

Cee Lo is definately a dwarf, big time, no big deal he’s the prime example that anyone can make it, it doesn’t matter how you look, if you have talent America is willing to accept you for who you are no matter what and thats how its suppose to be, his drawfism, doesn’t make him less of a man.

10. Anthony Says:
    October 24th, 2011 at 12:47 am

I think something is wrong ol’ Cee Lo.

11. Katie Says:
    December 1st, 2011 at 10:40 am

I am a dwarf/little person and I have been wondering the same thing! My parents and I thought there was definitely something weird with his short arms. Nothing wrong with it at all, but my whole family was wondering the same thing. I’m glad we’re not Crazy…

12. Christine McDow Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 7:47 am

Thanks for responding Katie! I know it can be a touchy subject and misunderstood so I was very specific when giving the instructions to write this article that it be a respectful inquiry, not judgemental. Still no response anywhere from Cee Lo, but recent pictures on his FB page, without glasses, really make him look like there is something going on. We see nothing wrong with it either and don’t understand why, if he has a form of dwarfism, that he does not come out and talk about it. Imagine how much it would help all the little people to have a celebrity like them telling everyone it is ok and that there is nothing weird about it. Oh well, maybe one day!

13. Sue Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Dwarfism, or anything similar, is going to have a genetic, congenital (born with) basis. Cee Lo would know. Obviously he doesn’t want it to characterize him. I love him and have a lot of admiration for his music and work. He’s a good role model and I wish him continued success. I’m with the curious crowd and didn’t notice anything offensive in the article.

14. Nobby Brooker Says:
    January 7th, 2012 at 8:23 pm

This person is what is known as an incomplete or new mutation achondroplastic. In addition he is grossly obese.

15. Rick Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 10:57 am

Gee, Nobby, is he grossly obese? Did you really just say that? What was the point? Who do you think you are?

In addition, you are a total dick.

16. Cahow Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Thank goodness I’m not the only person wondering about Ce Lo and his arms. My son could NOT take his eyes off of his “turkey leg” shaped arms (as he called them) with the highly disproportion of the length and width. Then, to amplify the difference with the gynormous watch he was wearing on The Voice…what’s up with that? This has nothing to do with race or picking on someone different, but it did bring up a lot of questions in our home that I had no answer for my son. Now I do. Thanks!

17. Vae Says:
    February 6th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

dude’s a midgit, but who gives damn. He’s also black, in case you want to poll that too.

18. Jojette Says:
    February 25th, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Someone told me years ago, you can tell the shape of a man’s penis by his thumb. Well, his thumb is a little tiny stump, so he must have a itsy, bitty baby peenee! lol

19. Dee Says:
    March 4th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I Myself Am A Dwarf; I’m 20 years old & I Find This Article Offensive. whether Cee Lo Is or Isn’t A dwarf it shouldTyer.! Everyone is different; EVERYONE!

20. chris Says:
    April 9th, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I’m short, blonde, Polish and I know that when people make short jokes, blonde jokes, or Polish jokes that they aren’t being malicious and I find many of them to be quite funny. Probably because I can get over myself. It’s just the way people are. People seriously need to lighten up these days. As for the people who find this article offensive I am sure you’ve offended others as well, so please, get off your high horse.

21. Thatguy Says:
    April 9th, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Hahahaha Dee really had a nerve touched with this one that’s hilarious!! I love midgets

22. Cameron Says:
    April 11th, 2012 at 12:24 am

Oh please, if your offended to bad, dwarf, dwarf, dwarf. I’m fat but if people are talking about fat people, I’m not offended. This country has given everyone too much to run with. If your sad , you can get an emotional support animal and by law you can take this dog anywhere, if your fat then your considered handicap and are given tons of rights. Etc. Etc. that’s why this country is so effed up.

23. Stafford Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I had sex with Cee Lo. He is a midget with a massive penis. He tore me a new hole with that dwarf dick.

24. Brent Says:
    April 30th, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Premature closer of growth plates leads to shortened bone structure. This can be caused by several medical conditions including sickle cell disease which has its highest occurrence in people of African descent.

25. Randi Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I will admit that I have found myself poking fun at him by calling him Mini T and saying “I pitty the fool.” But it was all in good fun and I pick on people equally so I am not prejudice. I can also take a joke as I am not perfect by far and I am ok with that. I think Cee Lo is great and I agree that if he is it would be good if he would talk about it, as it is nice to see some vanities leave the world.

26. tim Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 8:43 am

YES he is

27. Mitch Winger Says:
    July 15th, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Did you mean ‘midget?’

28. www.Soshitech.com Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 8:33 am

CLo Is The Man!!!

29. seeker Says:
    July 16th, 2012 at 3:18 pm

He’s not a midget, just another filthy mouth. I don’t care how much he makes, he’s a freak.

30. raven3658 Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 8:58 am

I have always thought that he had a mild form dwarfism. His head,arms and legs are way out of proporation with his head and the rest of his body. Inquiring minds wants to know.

31. milosi Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Randi,
    Poking fun at everyone may not make you prejudiced, or maybe it still does. However it does make you a jerk.
    Everyone else,
    As someone who carries the dwarf gene and has many characteristics I do not find this article offensive in itself, but if C Lo has this condition it’s his business. If he wants to share his personal story, great for him and his fans. If he doesn’t that’s great too. It’s his story not some gossip rags.

32. Goodlace Says:
    July 21st, 2012 at 10:14 pm

C-Lo is supposedly 5’2″. That’s how tall I am but I’m not a little person. I’m a female and that is somewhat different, but still. My arms appear longer, but his do extend across his body. I don’t think he’s a little person. He’s just real short and he has short arms, but not disproportionately.

Why would anyone take this as offensive? It’s not offensive at all, but I guess I always try to people just as “people”.

33. Krystal Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 11:34 am

I have seen Cee Lo in person and stood right beside him at Target in Fayetteville GA. He is not a dwarf!!! He is a little short, about 5’6′ but he is not a dwarf!!!

34. BlingLuxe Says:
    July 26th, 2012 at 10:27 am

Straight nonsense. But, not offensive IMO. No, he ain’t a dwarf. He’s stocky. This must’ve been a slow news day.

35. Andre Jackson Says:
    July 31st, 2012 at 11:10 pm

He’s definately a f’n dwarf! And an ugly one!

36. maya Says:
    August 4th, 2012 at 11:23 am

well i think anne is right, it is offensive, no matter if it’s an opinion or not! what do you think cee lo would feel like if he saw this? no one should be debated over what they look like online without their permission! not even famous people, ( unless it is saying how pretty or handsome they are ) it’s rude, mean, and plain out wrong! and i don’t want anyone commenting that i need to lighten up or chill out, or anything against me, i’m sure the person who wrote this article didn’t mean to offend anyone, but it is wrong no matter what they meant by it. BTW this was written by a girl who isn’t even 12 yet, burn!

Oh, yeah, and Andre, shut up

37. Peter Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 11:04 am

I find little people sexy.

38. Net Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

It don’t matter what he is, he’s making money and he’s not sucking up the welfare system with his kids and family taking from tax payers! I say if he is a dwarf so freakin what! Get paid Cee Lo like you know how!!!

39. Stabmaster Arson Says:
    August 18th, 2012 at 11:42 am

Naw but his T-Rex arms make him look as such.

40. dean Says:
    August 19th, 2012 at 10:52 pm

he looks like..(to me) that is a t-rex….big head…weee lil bitty arms…wee lil bitty hands…big ass rear and short stocky legs and weeeee lil bitty .. fat wide feet…and he is brown so there u have it…t-rex only a midget t-rex lmao..and he looks like he came from the jungle….hehehehehe got the visual yet??? lol

41. hi Says:
    August 21st, 2012 at 9:59 am

I always asked myself the question if he was a dwarf? I think he’s

42. marla hice Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Does it really matter? Who cares!!!!

43. ifkyng Says:
    August 29th, 2012 at 11:46 pm

He’s not a dwarf. I’m from Atlanta and you can see Cee-Lo walking around the city at will on any given day. He’s round, yes…and he’s short, yes…but he’s like 5’5″…long story short…he’s fat, with a round head, fat limbs and a big belly…not a T-Rex…more like…Buddha.

44. jim jim Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Dudes a no talent midget.

45. D Right One Says:
    September 1st, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Love Cee Lo’s work. If he were 6′-2″ and shaped like a basketball player, it wouldn’t be the same. A lot of great artist’s have something that sets them apart from the rest of us.

46. truthful ted Says:
    September 1st, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I don’t know if he is a dwarf, but he is oddly proportioned and very overweight as well. Not a fan of his music, but he does have a good singing voice.

47. Lynda Says:
    September 5th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I believe that he has some disportions; however he is still a great guy, he sings beautifully and is well educated. There you are!

48. Sue Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I would say No to being a little person. I think his short stature and obesity give that illusion.
    Sue R.N.

49. Jill Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:16 am

Yes. Cee-Lo is what you would call the great southern coon dwarf. These were raised on a special plantation in Alabama for the amusement of white slave owners. These were reported to be very expensive and very rare. They were more of a collector item then a work slave, hense increased their value.

50. Patricia Says:
    September 21st, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I love Cee Lo Green and his music. I could careless what he looks like. This man is super talented.

51. standup Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:58 am

People need to lighten up.Nobody is really being malicious. It started off as a valid question.The jokes that followed are just that jokes.I’m sure he’s heard jokes at his expense before.
    Saying that, those teeth sure aren’t dwarf.

52. GILLIAN COHEN Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

ALL I CAN SAY IS MY DAUGHTER IS AN INCREDIBLE SINGER,,,AND SHE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO SING IN FRONT OF CEE LO….SAD TO SAY, SHE DIDNT MAKE IT PAST THE SECOND INTERVIEW…..SHE’S SO GOOD….HAS A 3 OCTIVE RANGE, ANDD DOES NOT EVER GO OFF KEY..SO IF HE IS READING THIS,,,,CEELO, I LOVE YOU MAN, AND I HAVE YOUR “VOICE STAR” HERE….SMILE GOD BLESS

53. Dilbert Doe Says:
    September 28th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Yes, he is definitely a midget. He’s also a f**king idiot. I can’t stand him!

54. Eva Amore Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 11:20 am

I am a dwarf and, let me make one thing clear! Calling us a midget is inappropriate. Its the same thing as calling a gay guy a faggot, or a black person a nigger. Just stop.

55. Leopold "Larry" Green Says:
    October 3rd, 2012 at 9:37 pm

From google:
    strick·en (adjective): Seriously affected by an *undesirable* condition or unpleasant feeling.

An associated alerted me to this disturbing article; I’m Larry Green, also a member of the small person community (damn proud of it) – and I AM offended, but only by YOUR ill-adjectived disclaimer! My therapist will hear ALL about this absurdity!

56. cam Says:
    October 5th, 2012 at 10:36 pm

c lo is a dork and a dwarf – a total loser

57. Dennis Byras Says:
    October 6th, 2012 at 12:21 pm

There are not many things I consider offensive enough to ban an entire website from ever showing up in my browser. With this degrading, petty, slimeish pandering to the bullies of our society you win the prize.

58. depro Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 7:22 pm

He’s short and fat. Period.

59. Amanda Says:
    October 9th, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I am curious. I am not trying to start an argument. Why is midget considered offensive? I have always wondered.

60. Mrs. J. Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Just like Cee-Loo, I am vertically challenged – standing tall at 5’2″. That being said, from the first time I saw him, I thought he was a dwarf which in no way takes away from the very BIG talent that he has. Vertically challenged people unite.

61. Luci Says:
    October 16th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I just don’t care. He is an extraordinary entertainer,and he’s cute!

62. Byna Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 4:36 am

Until I read this article, I never really paid that much attention, guess its cause I’m short, 5’2(due to osteoporosis will get shorter), or as Mrs. J so nicely put it, “vertically challenged” and proud of it. So, After looking at some pics of him, Id say yea I think he may have a form of dwarfism. But even if he does, who cares! I love me some Cee Lo Green, doesn’t matter if he 4’3 or 6’3, I’ll always love and be a fan of his.

63. mugwort Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 11:50 am

I checked Cee Lo Green’s height at imdb.com. It states he is 5’6″ Last I checked this is within normal for adult males. He is short but isn’t dwarfish. A dwarf is someone who is 4’6″ and shorter. Ergo he is not a dwarf.

64. rhonda Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

people can be cold. they are so critical. it’s somewhat funny how critical people in general can be.

65. Percy Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 10:27 am

No offense to anyone. He’s short. He knows what he is. I know all his front teeth are capped.

66. GoldenGoddess75 Says:
    October 21st, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Personally, I don’t find anything about the article really that offensive. It was a question born of curiosity as you can very well see. Those of you who are offended, I feel sorry for you. Those of you who are making lame, judgemental, snide-assed, sideways, offensive comments, you need to grow the hell up. I don’t happen to be vertically challenged as someone so eloquently stated, but I do have plenty of friends who are. We joke about it. My man is also a little vertically challenged, but he makes jokes about me being built like a redwood and my feet still growing and certain other parts of my anatomy still growing or larger or smaller than “normal”. What is “normal” anyway? What is “normal” for one person or a few people may not be normal for others, so who are YOU to judge? Judge not lest ye be judged. Isn’t that what your “good book” says? Last time I read it it did. So therefore I will say to you judgemental negative ninnies out there, remember that quote. I sure do because every time I feel like I’m being a judgemental bitch, I remember this quote and check myself just like Ice Cube said.

I love Cee-Lo’s music. From Goodie Mob to Knarls Barkley and forward. I love his voice. I love his style. I may not agree with his choice of endorsements, but I’m not him and he’s making bank, so Cee-Lo, if you are or have read these comments, do your thizzle, man! I find nothing wrong with the man as far as his looks and other features go. I actually find the man rather attractive despite having shorter than normal arms (I wouldn’t mind having those arms wrapped around me in an embrace. I love Cee-Lo and hugs!), but I guess my mother just raised me right meaning she raised me not to judge a book by it’s cover or a person by their looks, to check out the inside first. So with all that being said, why are his looks even an issue people? Grow up. Move around, there’s nothing to see here.

67. brian Says:
    October 23rd, 2012 at 2:14 am

first time on here and last, what a sad waste of space this reality tv is? is that the best and offensive thing that you can write about? i expect that the writer is fat and ugly lets tear them to pieces!

68. The Thinker Says:
    October 25th, 2012 at 2:22 am

I love how people are so upset by this. What’s wrong with being curious?

Look, you go into showbiz and people are going to stare at you for one reason or another, thus being watched is going to cause people to wonder about you and where you come from and if there’s more to you that would allow them to relate on a deeper level.

Do you have any idea how many celebs have had people wondering about their heritage? Like if they’re Black, Hispanic, Chinese, Japanese, part Caucasian, etc? Nobody got all pissy when someone asked those questions. So really, stop being so sensitive because someone asked a question.

69. Kellie Says:
    October 25th, 2012 at 3:50 am

Cee Lo Green is not, I repeat not a Dwarf. A Dwarf is under 4’10″, Cee Lo is far too tall to be a Dwarf. Case closed. Now stop the ludicrous BS.

70. The Truth Says:
    November 29th, 2012 at 7:16 pm

This guy’s Thursday Night Football opening proves he is a giant no talent dwarf who should be reviled for infinity.

71. The Truth Says:
    November 29th, 2012 at 7:18 pm

This guy’s Thursday Night Football opening proves he is a giant no talent dwarf who should be reviled forever.

72. Giancarlo Fring Says:
    January 14th, 2013 at 5:15 am

Dwarf or not… he is a better singer and performer than any of you

73. Lamanzia Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I say He IS a dwarf it seems like all dwarfs/midgets are fat.

74. Jones Says:
    April 5th, 2013 at 4:15 pm

He is a GIANT dwarf – the Andre the Giant of all dwarfs. I am sure of it and I love him for it!

75. Abe Pera Says:
    October 12th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Being a dwarf myself, I find that Cee Lo has an incredibly large Head to Hand ratio.

76. sarah picklehorse Says:
    October 25th, 2013 at 1:13 pm

he’s actually 5’7

77. jrachelle Says:
    November 6th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

“…to be stricken with dwarfism.” really!? In the year 2013 you refer to someone with a different appearance than you as “stricken?” Your ignorance truly shows. BUT, most small people are offended by being referred to as a dwarf or a midget. The term little person is much preferred. Anyone can obviously see his limbs are stunted compared to the size of his torso. What does it matter why or exactly what his medical diagnosis is.

78. Diane Says:
    November 12th, 2013 at 7:51 pm

My friend has a son with the same physical features and he does have a type of dwarfism.i think cee lo has been a great influence on my friends son. Ty cee lo for being a positive role model now

79. leslie Says:
    November 16th, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Wow…I have a dear friend who is a little person and from what I’ve learned dwarfism is not determined by height
    ..it is genetic…. personally I don’t find the question any more offensive than one questioning whether mariah is black…

80. Betty Says:
    November 30th, 2013 at 11:13 am

I think he is a dwarf. He has all the signs. Little short arms and a big middle.

81. Me Says:
    February 19th, 2014 at 8:51 am

I think he is a dwarf. I’ve seen a pic of his daughter and she has dwarf characteristics. Just watch her grow… If she keeps those characteristics then you know he is a dwarf because it’s genetic! If she does appear normal sized as an adult then he probably isn’t a dwarf. And since he is a celebrity he totally opened himself for this usual criticism. But he doesn’t deserve the border-line racial jokes. Or the penis size jokes. No one deserves that!

82. jimmy Says:
    March 18th, 2014 at 9:33 pm

It is offensive to label the obese as “stocky”. Even more offensive to label an extremely vulgar person as “a role model”.

Comments