So You Think You Can Dance: Alex Wong Possibly Returning As An All Star!

June 11, 2011 06:58 AM by Lisa Princ

Fans of So You Think You Can Dance on FOX were disappointed when the top 20 were revealed on Thursday and there was no sign of Alex Wong. However, Nigel Lythgoe has given us some hope that Alex may return as an All Star! Keep reading for more!

So You Think You Can Dance announced our top 20 this week and many fans were upset that Alex Wong, a huge favorite who was eliminated due to an injury would not be returning to join the top 20 this season. Alex, who was overwhelmed by fans with curiosity recently Tweeted “Hi All :) I’m not back on SYTYCD competing because I wasn’t ready to dance when Vegas rounds came, thanks for everyone’s support!”

Despite the fact that he will not be returning to compete in the top 20 this season, fans are still hopeful that the super skilled dancer will return as one of the All Stars. Well, for those of you hoping, you have good reason to be excited – while it has not been announced yet, Nigel Lythgoe has made it known that he is also hoping Alex will be an All Star. Nigel Tweeted this morning “Alex Wong wasn’t ready to compete in a weekly dance competition. I am hoping he will recover enough to be considered as an SYTYCD All-Star.”

This is awesome news for Alex Wong fans! Now we can sit back and hope that Alex does get well enough so that we will see him once we hit the top 10 and the All Stars are added. Do you want to see Alex Wong return as an All Star? Comment and share your thoughts with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great So You Think You Can Dance news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can Dance and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, So You Think You Can Dance |

9 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance: Alex Wong Possibly Returning As An All Star!”

1. Judy Says:
    June 11th, 2011 at 9:27 pm

It will be awesome he can come back as all-star! Alex is an awesome dancer.

2. ERyeland Says:
    June 13th, 2011 at 11:04 am

I really want to see him dance again but I want him to win, not be an All-Star. I wish he could be an all-star this year and compete again next year! :-)

3. Ruette Says:
    June 14th, 2011 at 1:12 pm

If Alex dances as an all-star, I hope that doesn’t disqualify him from competing in Season 9. He definitely should be given a chance to compete in Season 9. He deserves a chance to win he is so good. So far, I haven’t seen anyone as talented in the top 20 of Season 8.

4. D Lim Says:
    June 15th, 2011 at 1:27 am

Feel so sad when he had to backed out due to his injury. We would have loved to see him dance all the way trying out different dance styles and challenges. He also gave up so much to be in SYTYCD and to follow his heart and passion, and has proven so far to have the talent, passion and versatility. And for one reason or another, many of us just like and find him adorable. Certainly, it would be great to see him as an all-star but it would mean, he would never compete in SYTYCD again. Whichever way, I wish him all the best and hope he will get what he deserves some day.

5. jean Says:
    June 15th, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I waited for 2011 SYTYCD and Alex. No Alex. Hearing that he is not well enough is sad, he is so gifted. I hope he will be strong enough to all star and if not then next year.
    I will keep hoping you heal perfectly Alex

6. michelle louise Says:
    June 15th, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I would love to see him again;he is a HUGE talent. But if being an all star means he can never compete in the show again I would rather see him compete and win. He’s such a versatile dancer and seems to be such a kind and gentle spirit. Hope he will heal and dance again.

7. Sandy Says:
    July 3rd, 2011 at 11:18 am

I hope to see Alex dance again. He’s my favorite dancer,he’s so awesome and he’s such a big talent. It’s so sad that he was eliminated from SYTYCD season 7 due to an injury would, that hurts. I love to see him as an all star on this season and he can compete in the next show. He deserves to win. Wish Alex better luck next time.

8. Sandy Says:
    July 3rd, 2011 at 11:19 am

9. Brandi Hanscom Says:
    October 5th, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I’ve been anaavis supporter of the show since day 1 and love it to this day – adding the all-stars was a stroke of genius! However, I am still concerned about Alex Wong from season 7. I know he damaged the other foot, and that he auditioned for Idol; however, is there any chance he can return to SYTYCD soon? His artistry & abilities know no bounds, he has the most amazing heart, and his smile is infectious. I’ve loves all the cast and dancers; but there’s just something special about Alex. And the choreography just keeps getting better and better! Can’t wait for next season!!!

Comments