America’s Got Talent: Drama On The Judging Panel?

June 12, 2011 07:52 AM by Lisa Princ

America’s Got Talent on NBC is currently showing season six auditions as we gear up for a fun filled summer of the series. Last week we watched a lot of disagreements between the judges, even as far as watching Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel rejoice as Piers Morgan was stuck in a storm and could not make the show. But is there really drama behind the scenes or this just for the fun of the show? Keep reading to find out!

America’s Got Talent fans laughed this week as we watched Howie’s numerous pranks on Piers Morgan, and at one point both Howie and Sharon rejoiced as Piers was unable to make it to the set of the show due to a storm delay. But is there more to the story or do Howie and Piers just put this show on to entertain us? Contrary to what most may think, Piers Morgan revealed to Access Hollywood that the feud between the pair is actually real. Piers referred to Howie Mandel as the most annoying man on the planet and added “He does things like, we had these six giant human dancing gnomes on the show – which I hated – most annoying act I’ve ever seen. And of course, I go and try to grab an hour’s sleep in between the two shows, and next thing I know, there’s a bang at the door and there’s Mandel with the six giant gnomes.” I guess that explains his multiple tantrums and walking off the panel last week!

While Howie Mandel has yet to comment on the drama between the pair, we do know that Howie and Sharon are good friends as she recently revealed that in our interview with her and we also learned that the drama is causing for excellent ratings for the premiere! America’s Got Talent actually won the ratings this week, and the 2 hour episode on Wednesday went as far as beating out Fox’s 2 hours of So You Think You Can Dance! The 2 hour audition episode landed 12.65 million viewers, NBC’s largest audience in the Wednesday 9-11 p.m. time slot, other than sports, since Sept. 15 when it aired the final hour of the America’s Got Talent season finale – which was 5 million plus more viewers than So You Think You Can Dance.

What do you think of the drama on the show? Do you love it or hate it? We love it and would love to hear your thoughts! Comment and share with us!

What did you think of the season six premiere of America’s Got Talent? Are you looking forward to this week’s auditions? Comment and share your thoughts with us below and then be sure to tune in to NBC Tuesday at 8 pm EST to see more auditions!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: America’s Got Talent and then come and discuss the show on our Reality TV message boards.

Photo courtesy of NBC!

Topics: America's Got Talent, NBC Reality TV Shows |

7 Responses to “America’s Got Talent: Drama On The Judging Panel?”

1. D. Woerner Says:
    June 12th, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Piers is right; Howie is annoying. More than that he is an annoying jerk. The pranks are childish and immature. Choosing acts because they are funny and stupid is irresponsible. I hope the producers cancel his contract.

2. marsha spires Says:
    June 12th, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I was very disappointed in Piers Morgan on Americas Got Talent a couple of weeks ago by his behavior towards Howie Mandel’s germaphobic reactions. I am a mental health specialist and it is no wonder that there is still discrimination about people with mental health issues when this type of behavior is openly displayed,encouraged, and tolerated. Mr. Mandel deserves a public apology from Piers.

3. MysterWright Says:
    June 16th, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Howie is great and so are Sharon. They’re both longtime seasoned professionals that entertainment fans both know or have heard about going back the last 30 years! Piers is the newcomer to these shores and should feel so lucky to have any position at all. Nick doesn’t act at all like Piers does and by comparison in age he’s a young man. I’d love to see him with a show! He’s been very sweet to people that Piers panned like last season’s Big Bunny B he got out onstage and danced with. Piers just got his head up his ass and needs to get over himself. In USA everyone has the right to say that it’s, and earn themselves a chance at, their way or the highway. Otherwise you’re just a shallow date Tony Micelli would near take a bat to on a 1980′s rerun of “Who’s The Boss?” I mean correct me if I’m wrong but for the last decade haven’t certain countries been trying to take it back like today is just a rehash of Vietnam-era politics? :D If so then with Chrysler back now Stallone logic says “Winner Takes It All.” :D

4. Brian Says:
    June 23rd, 2011 at 12:16 pm

The contestants that we see that move to following rounds are there because one judge or another convinced another to vote the way they wanted them to. Or a judge votes solely to irritate another judge. I am 64 and I have never seen judging as rotten as the judging is on America’s Got Talent. I feel bad for the people that put the level of work that they do into being contestants. They are getting ripped off by egos calling themselves judges.

5. John Says:
    June 28th, 2011 at 4:16 pm

America’s got Talent should have Judges from america

6. sue Says:
    July 8th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I agree with D. Woerner – Howie is getting on my nerves… he keeps putting acts thru that are stupid.. not talented!!! and he and Sharon are so childish…. I hope they don’t renew his contract!!!

7. AZhot Says:
    July 19th, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Sharon Osborn’s class and kindness and observations are an asset to America’s Got Talent. Howie Mandel offers sweetness and constructive observations, though I do NOT think he should put thru silly acts simply to annoy Piers. I used to respect Piers Morgan’s professionalism and constructive honesty. However, Piers Morgan comes across as a petty, unkind, grumpy old man. Chill out, Piers! The feud is starting to make the show hard to watch.

Comments