Food Network Star: Winner Revealed (Spoiler)

June 20, 2011 04:07 PM by Megan Thompson

Are you ready to know who the winner of Food Network Star is?  After only three episodes, the name of the winner has been possibly leaked.  Keep on reading to find out who won their own show on Food Network!

That’s right, after only three episodes the winner is possibly known.  All the signs point the finger to Los Angeles chef, Penny Davidi.  Yes, Penny is said to be the winner of this season’s Food Network Star.  The web is a buzz with the name of Penny’s new show being, The Simple Palate.  If you do a google search on Penny, the Simple Palate name does appear as a Twitter name – Penny David (TheSimplePalate).  However, if you click on it to go to the page, it says it “doesn’t exist”.  Hmm – was it put up by mistake and then taken down?

Penny as the winner of Food Network star does make sense. Let’s break it down.  First, Penny refers to herself as the “Mediterranean mama” on the show and the judges have really enjoyed all of her dishes.  Second, the network doesn’t have a show that currently focuses on Mediterranean cuisine.  Third, Bob Tuschman is a huge fan of Mediterranean food.

Penny has also shown that she is in this game to win it!  In last week’s episode Penny schemed to knock out a fierce competitor, Orchid Paulmeier.  Penny purposely gave Orchid a difficult dish, hoping Orchid would fail in front of the judges.  The other contestants were blown away by Penny’s plotting actions, Penny is now the outcast of the girls.

Penny has the cooking chops, fight, and personality to be a Food Network Star.  Could this all be hype by the network to keep us on our toes? Of course, but it’s fun to see if we are right.  Let us know what you think of Penny as the winner of Food Network Star, comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Next Food Network Star and then come and discuss the show on our Reality TV message boards.

Photo Credit: Food Network

Topics: Food Network Reality TV Shows, The Next Food Network Star |

46 Responses to “Food Network Star: Winner Revealed (Spoiler)”

1. trs Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 8:13 am

She wins – will NEVER watch her show. I need to like the person I’m watching. Don’t like her – AT ALL.

2. jeffy Says:
    June 21st, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Amen to that. She is such an unlikeable hag she makes my skin crawl. Personality is part o being a good host, not just food. I hope Jyll or the engineer lady wins.

3. pr Says:
    June 22nd, 2011 at 2:48 am

I don’t think so… my favorites are Orchid and Whitney..they so much have the personalities I would watch.

4. Steve Folino Says:
    June 22nd, 2011 at 10:25 am

I doubt that I’d ever watch her show. She’s not someone that I’d like to hang around with for a half-hour show. She’s too mean.

5. Daniel Says:
    June 22nd, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Hmm, if they picked her, its a very bad mistake. She’s the mostunlikeable person on this season. I thought she was Middle Eastern momma, not Mediteranean.

6. KCMommy Says:
    June 22nd, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I don’t quite see her as winning, sorry. It’s good sleuthing – no doubt – but as we’ve seen, they also give losers their own show. Plus I have trouble believing that Food Network would make a mistake like that.

7. msp Says:
    June 22nd, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I DO NOT LIKE PENNY!! Her mean personality absolutely sucks! She is so arrogant. For her, it is only about her. She disgusts me!

Food Network–pick her and watch her show fail.

8. Maggie Says:
    June 22nd, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Never would I waste my time watching her show — I can barely stomach the small successes she’s had so far. She takes me back to junior high and the Mean Girls era — and why would anyone want to relive those years. Cook or not, chef or not, she holds no allure for me in the kitchen, with her nasty tone and/or her food. A big thumbs down on PD.

9. Edilia Says:
    June 23rd, 2011 at 6:31 am

I hope this is not true, if it is, what a mistake from the FN. She will never be likeable enough for anyone to watch her show.

10. ds Says:
    June 23rd, 2011 at 7:19 am

I cringe when I think of that. I agree with everyone – would never watch her show.

11. Laurie Says:
    June 23rd, 2011 at 7:44 am

If this spoiler is true, than you can count me out too! Women never forget! She is the mean girl from Junior High and High School we all remember. I love the Food Network, but I can barely tolerate watching this show with her on it now. This will be one of the biggest mistakes they have ever made if they chose this, uh….lady?

12. Liz Ozoa Says:
    June 23rd, 2011 at 2:15 pm

If you look up the whois of her website you get this:

Created On: 19-JUL-2010
    Last Updated On: 27-JUL-2010
    Expiration Date: 19-JUL-2011
    Sponsoring Registrar: DROPWALK.COM INC.
    Status: ok
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: ()
    Registrant Phone Ext.:
    Registrant FAX:
    Registrant FAX Ext.:
    Registrant Email: pennydavidi@hotmail.com

She registered the domain for herself. If it were for Food Network, the whois would be private and under Food Network if it weren’t. I think someone is trying to get Penny in trouble with Food Network…

13. Davesgirl Says:
    June 23rd, 2011 at 7:12 pm

There’s a facebook page supposedly started by her daughter….:-/

14. Jsg Says:
    June 23rd, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Yuck on Penny winning!! Give me Orchid, what a sweetheart she appears to be. I too wll not watch if Penny wins. Hopefully Food Network is reading these posts.

15. Gail Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 5:34 am

I’m amazed that Penny even made the cut to the finals. If the judges watch the show they should be able to see what she is like. She may know how to cook, but she sure doesn’t understand inter-personal dynamics. I won’t watch her show if she gets it.

16. Cat Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Penny Davidi is horrendously ugly, from the inside out. I suspect that this is just another example of her cheaply pimping herself out, trying to generate buzz in hopes that it will translate to an actual show.

TFN has gone downhill over the past several years, but as shallow and useless as many of their stars are, they are all about photogenic and likeable. There is nothing about Penny Davidi that the camera seems to like. She is utterly abhorrent, and she just looks used and filthy.

17. Darlene Hurst Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I’m all for JYLL. I WANT TO SEE MORE OF HER DISHES, PLUS SHE’S AN ALL AROUND GREAT PERSON. I’D WATCH HER. AND YES, PENNY BELONGS ON STORM CHASERS INSTEAD. SHES A BAG OF WIND.

18. Steve Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 11:20 am

There is confidence and then there is just pure stupidity of ego. She is neither likeable nor is she capable of sustaining a kind demeanor as she constantly proves herself to be ‘fake’.

I do hope your spoiler is tripe and not fact. I may have to pull a no-longer viewing jihad on Food Channel if this goes down;)

19. Ashley Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 4:41 pm

The Simple Palate was a blog she had in 2010. If you click on “cached” underneath the listing on Google you will see that entry was from January 18th 2010. There is also a Facebook which was made for this “recipe blog” attempt which never was deleted, so everyone is getting confused because of the show she in on now. There was no leak.

20. Jeff Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I am so glad they have Penny on this show. We watch it with our 9 year old daughter and it is great to point out all the nasty and evil things she does to demonstrate what our daughter should not be like. She is the ultimate anti role model. It is nice to show in real life all of the things we tell her not to do and what they consequences are from doing them. That said, I would never watch an actual show starring that woman.

21. lyn Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Sorry, I won’t watch her show if she wins. Aarti is a nice person, but I don’t care for Indian food, so I don’t watch her show. Melissa is delightful, but her cooking style is pretty simple for me. The last couple of Next Food Network Stars haven’t been very successful in my book, and if Penny wins, it will be three strikes and the Next Food Network Star is out!

22. Anna Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 9:12 pm

if food network does pick penny d. then i will no longer be watching food network!!! it is bad enough that most of the shows on food network are competitions (that they show a couple times that day!) but to put someone that most people do not like even a little bit on the air?!?! that just shows that food network is going down the drain!!! after the best cook that i saw on the channel was Alton brown on good eats and that show is ending with this season being the last one!!! All the good chefs are leaving and the crap ones like Penny are coming in!!!

23. Anne Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I have not seen one positive comment about Penny anywhere. Not on Facebook. Not on the FN web site. Penny, if you are reading all of this, I hope you will see that the way that you treat people is unacceptable. I hope this whole experience has taught you how to interact with others better. Building others up always wins over ripping people to pieces. People are drawn to others who make them feel warm and welcome, even in the middle of a competition. This is a food competition, not a dragon fight.

24. haidi Says:
    July 1st, 2011 at 1:37 pm

i think every one is wrong , look at others they all need to fight to have this title plus she is good at cooking but we cannot compare her personality with what we see in this competition ….so we have to be fair and get to know her!!! I am sure they all have another hidden personality

25. Bob Says:
    July 2nd, 2011 at 6:24 am

Middle Eastern Mom? More like Al-Qaeda Mom. If Penny wins I’ll have to remove Food Network from my channel favorites list simply to avoid coming across her show by accident while channel surfing.

26. Bill Marsden Says:
    July 3rd, 2011 at 6:27 pm

If Penny won this competition, I think I would head to the Food Network Studios and go postal. No one I know likes this filthy whore. Not only do I want her off the show I want someone to throw acid in her face and instigate a long, painful death on this terrorist want-to-be. Damn her to hell!

27. Tom Says:
    July 3rd, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I wouldn’t cross the street to see Penny. And, I would NEVER watch her show. I don’t think she’s still in the running because of her cooking or personality. I think she’s still there, for the drama factor. AND, IT’S GETTING VERY OLD!!!!! Get rid of her!!!!!!!!!!

28. Tica Says:
    July 3rd, 2011 at 10:37 pm

No way Penny will even make it to the end!

Her Personality is so obnoxious & Offensive!

Food is Good maybe…but she is horrible in her approach!

This is just a hype…probably started by her!

I am sure no one would agree she would ever win!!

29. Josie Says:
    July 3rd, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I can’t believe she really wins – nobody likes her personality on the show. Also, just wanted to point out, she calls herself “The Middle Eastern Mama”, not the “Mediterranean Mama”. She cooks middle eastern food like lamb and Tabbouleh.

30. Kim Says:
    July 4th, 2011 at 4:59 am

I don’t think so. Penny is rude and even if her food is good, she will not be watched. Plus if she does not get along with her peers, then if she did become the winner she would be rude to the others and I do not think that would fly. I have no idea who will win, I wish Vic would win hes a nice guy just like Herb from last season. One of the nice ones will win Penny will not make it.

31. Susan Says:
    July 4th, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I certainly hope you are wrong about this. Week after week, she shows her mean streak, and no matter HOW much I like Middle Eastern food, I would not watch her. There is competitive, and then there is vicious. She belongs to the latter. I can’t imagine that the food channel would make such a huge mistake.

32. Ginger Says:
    July 5th, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Penny Davidi is nothing more than a ratings grabber because of the hostility and drama she is dragging into the segments. Why would anyone watch a woman that reminds us all of the Penny-Davidi-types we all have to live with everyday? Penny Davidi is reminiscent of the child-minded-hysteric-drama-queen who is driven to suck our souls into their personal living hell.

Like Bobby Flay said “It’s not the ‘Fun Network’, it’s the ‘Food Network’”. I am a huge fan of Food Network Star — and I am truly disappointed in the Network’s desire to dump us all with this emotional train wreck of a (bleep).

33. Buffy Says:
    July 6th, 2011 at 9:27 am

Penny is gross, in look and personality. I will never watch a show that she’s on.

It disappoints me that Bobby likes her because I love him…….All I can pray is that they don’t do a show together.

34. Jan Says:
    July 10th, 2011 at 8:11 pm

IF PENNY WINS…. I WILL NEVER EVER NEVER WATCH HER SHOW!!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE FN WOULD MAKE A FATAL ERROR LIKE THAT. HER SHOW WILL BE OVER BEFORE IT EVEN BEGINS.

35. Char Says:
    July 10th, 2011 at 11:48 pm

If Penny wins or has already won, I probably will not watch Food Network anymore. Why would you want someone that hateful representing you.

Char

36. Diana Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Ditto – Won’t watch Penny’s show if she wins; won’t watch FNS, either. Why? We already have “Hell’s Kitchen” with all the dysfunctional personalities we could ever dream of.

37. Karen Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 8:42 pm

This season of FNS is the worst ever. If I wanted to watch Survivor I wouldn’t be watching Food Network. The network should discontinue this show – it has become unwatchable.

38. Carmen Says:
    July 16th, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I’ve loved this program since season one. Good programs with new stars have come out of it. Best example is Guy, Big
    Papas House and many others. My opinion is that Penny doesn’t have the grace to deal with people. Her personality will not allow the program to be succesfull. If she wins Food Network will lose my support.

39. Barbara Says:
    July 17th, 2011 at 6:40 pm

If Penny wins I will never watch food network again….

40. Meat Says:
    July 17th, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Apparently wrong, Penny gone tonight. Good riddance.

41. sharon Says:
    July 18th, 2011 at 4:00 am

She got eliminated so I guess you are a big fat idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Beyonce Says:
    July 18th, 2011 at 10:59 am

I don’t like Penny, but I was shocked that she was sent home last night! Her cooking has been consistently good, whereas Jyll’s and Mary Beth’s have been so-so.

43. Bebe Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 8:10 am

Well she’s gone. I think the Sandwich guy might win. I want Vic to win though

44. Kate Says:
    July 29th, 2011 at 8:03 am

I like Whitney , Vic, and Susie. I’m a sucker for good Mexican food! :) GO SUSIE!

45. Julie Says:
    August 4th, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Looks like Penny is back on sunday. If she wins or they let her back I’m not ever watching that show or her show. She is a drama queen witch.

46. Penny is a total skank Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Penny is the most haggard, unsightly, mannish, skank whore that any television show has ever seen. If she wins, I”ll never tune into the Food Network again. Oh, wait, she already got booted so I guess I can keep watching! What a total street hoe. I wouldn’t hit that with someone else’s tube steak. She’s a truly wretched human being.

And, on top of that, she’s fat. Just watch those arms jiggle in the wind. Ugggh, I’d rather sleep with a dead cow carcas in a meat processing plant than touch that woman.

Comments