June 24, 2011 09:26 AM by Kristin Watson

Season five of Jersey Shore hasn’t even begun filming yet and there’s already news that the cast is saying goodbye once the season is done, but MTV is shooting down rumors it has plans to recast the show.

We’ve heard the rumblings and TMZ has said it’s a done deal, but a spokesperson for MTV is saying there are no plans to recast  Jersey Shore after season five at this time.“We love the present cast, and their summer adventures have just begun. We currently have no plans to recast the show,” the spokesperson said.

MTV does, however, have  plans to work with its stars on spin-off shows. Besides, who could they possibly replace Snooki with?

Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Jennifer “JWOWW” Farley and Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio are all set to work with MTV on their own shows, so it’s not like we’d be missing them anyway.

Reports were running wild that the reason for the cast switch up was simple money logic — the show blew up and so did its stars. That equals more money for the cast that already reportedly demands an estimated $100,000 per episode. A new cast would be so much cheaper, according to the reports.

Hopefully this new statement will put us all at ease that there won’t be plans to recast and the GTL format won’t be messed with. However, do you think that means they’d just shut the franchise down? Okay, let’s not start that rumor.

The Jersey Shore’s fourth season was recently filmed in Italy and will debut on August 4th. Season five is set to start filming in Seaside Heights very soon.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Jersey Shore News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Jersey Shore and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo courtesy of MTV

Topics: Jersey Shore, MTV Reality TV Shows |

25 Responses to “Jersey Shore: MTV Currently Has No Plans To Recast Jersey Shore After Season Five”

1. Charlie31 Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 11:22 am

I have only seen snippets of these greaseballs and their ho’s, which was WAY too mucho, and will be so happy to see MTV ship them off to somewhere they can never be seen again, no reruns please, and can’t believe that there are plans in the works for them to further dumb down MTV in the future. What are you thinking???

2. Jackie Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 11:43 am

No big deal to me and many others who watch the show, that a new cast will be brought on for a 6th season. Greed is all it has become. There are people in this country right now who are struggling to make ends meet, and excuse me, they want $100,000 an episode. My family will never see that kind of money in our lifetime. They should have been happy with the $30,000 they were originally getting. Heck, I don’t make that much in a year’s salary and I work 2 jobs to make ends meet. Shame on them, and good riddance!!

3. Yup Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 12:04 pm

This is THE BEST NEWS IVE HEARD ALL YEAR!!!! WTF do these people do anyway, but film about their sorry azz lives. One season ends another begins, they HAVE NO PURPOSE!! GTFO and go get some talent and do something that HELPS society NOT bring it down!!! Dirtbags

4. THETruth01 Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 12:05 pm

5. ted doran Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Oh darn. I’m broken hearted.

6. john jacob Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I smell a Jersey Shore Movie eventually

7. nekita Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 12:21 pm

no way no one could do jersey shore like they do! not worth doing a spin off

8. SHOREHATER Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 12:29 pm

YAY!!!!

ABOUT F’N TIME

NOW MAYBE THEY WILL ALL JUST GO AWAY

9. tone down Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 12:45 pm

what a world –where doushebags prosper-= -deep down someday they will look back at themselves and feel completely embarrased–maybe they are rich, but they made an ass of themselves in front of the world–and thats something that money can’t change–they were a lab experiment–Mtv put tan dum dums together just to see what happens–what a bunch of dumb mice–I think its hysterical that these classless losers keep going–keep getting paid Jersey Shore, because you keep making a bigger fool of yourselves each season–and I’ll be watching–laughing at you doushebags==ha ha

10. taylor jenkinson Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

good riddance to this crap show!

11. Jason Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 1:03 pm

And who gives a sh#$??? Certainly not me.

12. Kate Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 1:05 pm

No way, I can’t stand the Shore crew, BUT they are so out there and dysfunctional I can see why people tune in. Like watching a train wreck. I don’t think anyone can do what they do, and because it’s reality, people will always compare whoever takes over to them. I mean come on, could anyone see another Situation, or another Snooki? They would just be wanna bes. I say let the show die with this and come up with a new concept.

13. Guest Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Wonderful, they get rewarded for bad behavior. They are inbred and have no class.

14. Megan Renee Says:
    June 24th, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Interesting to see what will come of the current cast and if the show will live on. I think it should.

15. Bolony Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 4:58 am

Just dump em already they’re old!

16. Ashley13 Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 6:13 am

I happen to like Jersey Shore very much, not because I want to be like them, but because it’s funny. I mean, the only thing on tv these days are reality shows, which is sad may I point out, but Jersey Shore is a funny one. I’m not sure if I would like a new cast, so thank God they’re not thinking about it. Oh and all the people complaining about them getting $100,000 an episode, yea it’s a lot of money, but don’t hate on them. Maybe you think the show is garbage, but would you really want a camera crew in your face 24/7 and you just get paid $30,000 an episode, I mean come on. Don’t hate on the SHORE!!!

17. ryan Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 9:33 am

wow,i will miss jersey shore the spin off shows will be dumb, they should stay together n keep makin the show
    JERSEY SHORE<3

18. sandra Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 9:48 am

19. ROFL Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 11:06 am

About time these NO TALENT LOSERS LEFT. The Situation talks like Mike Tyosn’s retarded brother, and Snooki looks a short, puffed up, ugly version of Kim Kardashian..ROFL
    These Guidos would have went running from the ahore if they ever saw me and friends coming..they wouldn’t have stood a chance.

20. brandy Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Its bull im going threw withdrawl right now bc it isnt on…So sad:(

21. kevin cranston Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

never will the original be outdone…sammi and ronnie fighting, snookis poof, mike GTL and vinny grenade whistle not to mention pauly d and his charming personality WE WILL MISS YOU!!!!!:(

22. May Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Yay! No more of that Snooki crap! :D

23. i know Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 7:14 pm

These people are not even Italalian most of them are half spanish and snooki is 100% Guatemalan.

24. jamie Says:
    June 25th, 2011 at 8:25 pm

HAPPY DAYS R HERE TO STAY THANK GOD SOME OF BAD T.V PEOPLE IS GOING BYE BYE. THERE IS A GOD

25. charrme Says: