June 29, 2011 05:34 AM by Megan Thompson

Is it a new cast for The Real Housewives of New York City? Alex McCord and Cindy Barshop are rumored to be leaving the popular series. This is Cindy’s first season on the show; she was brought on to replace Bethenny Frankel. Keep reading to find out who is staying and who is moving on from the popular Bravo show.

Hollywood Life reports that Alex McCord and Cindy Barshop will not return for the next season of The Real Housewives of New York City. Alex has been with the series since its start, so why is she leaving? We can only guess why Alex would want to leave the popular show that has made her a reality star. Are the women fed up with Simon? Is she too busy with her modeling career? Whatever the reason, I do think the outspoken, Brooklyn mom, “character” Alex brings to the show will be missed.

As far as Cindy goes, I don’t think she will be missed by many viewers. Cindy had too big of shoes to fill by replacing Bethenny Frankel. Cindy is a very successful business woman too, but viewers just don’t seem to be that interested in her storylines. Cindy also got along too well with Jill Zarin, so what’s the fun in that?

All the other ladies; Sonja Morgan, Ramona Singer, Jill Zarin, LuAnn de Lesseps and Kelly Bensimon are all expected to return for another season. A Bravo rep has released the following statement, “No decisions have been made regarding next season and everything at this point is a rumor.”

As long as Ramona Singer and her pinot grigio stay, I’ll be watching!

Which cast member do you think is irreplaceable? Let us know your favorite New York City housewife, comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of New York City and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows!

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of New York City |

18 Responses to “The Real Housewives of New York City: Alex McCord and Cindy Barshop Leaving The Show?”

1. Meghan Says:
    June 29th, 2011 at 10:51 am

Dump the entire N.Y. cast (esp. Jill, LuAnn and Kelly).
    Dreadful season–horrid women.

2. shelly Says:
    June 29th, 2011 at 4:58 pm

dump Jill, the ugly, lying toad and it will get interesting. thanks

3. Jan Hall Says:
    June 29th, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Can’t say as I blame them. The remaining housewives are the original MEAN GIRLS!! I stopped watching it this season because as much as Jill says she wants to be nicer this season, ha! They are all just MEAN!!!

4. Boca Boi Says:
    June 29th, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Jill and LuAnn are starting to make Leona Helmsley took like Miss Congeniality.

5. terri Says:
    July 1st, 2011 at 10:36 am

This show has gotten extremely boring and beyond self indulgent. LuAnn is rediculous, Jill is all about poor Jill, Kelly I cannot imagine what she is thinking. Alex/Simon trying to be interesting, but Simon is just plain weird. Perhaps he should invest in getting the puffiness under his eyes corrected, he might look a little better. I do like Mario and Ramona both out there and being themselves, like it or not. Think this will be last season for me.

6. Sue Says:
    July 1st, 2011 at 10:43 am

I could care less about Cindy, but if Alex leaves I’m out – I cannot take another season of Jill, Kelly and LuAnn – those are the 3 that should be dumped by Bravo!

7. Sonja Says:
    July 3rd, 2011 at 1:09 am

Jill Zarin showed her true colors last season by the she treated Bethenny and seemed to assume full responsiblity for her actions on the reunion show. However, even though she says she’s done with the drama, she is constantly digging for gossip and speaks out both sides of her mouth and ass by making crap up as she goes to cya regardless of whether it’s true or not. I’m sick of her and Lu Ann. Lu Ann is nothing but a self serving snob who has become a real ugly person.

8. Dr. Maddrick Says:
    July 3rd, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I hope Alex is moving on to bigger and better things. I’ve met her a few times and worked on a charity with her. Wonderful woman. Very loving. She’s too good to be on this show. Honestly.

9. jj Says:
    July 4th, 2011 at 8:22 am

Alex was pitiful this season– she and her husband are creepy
    . . . .
    Love Ramona , Sonja , Jill for adding so much tension

10. KarenR Says:
    July 4th, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Alex and Cindy are better off without these bitches (especially Jill and LuAnn). Kelly is an idiot period. She’s annoying as hell. Sonja and Ramona are the only descent ones that will be left. Bethenny was right about LuAnn being a snake. And Jill has not changed one bit, she’s still a backstabber.

11. Lorrie Ottowell Says:
    July 9th, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I think they should dump Alex. Her and Simon are just strange. Breaking out in hives everytime you have something to say!!Not what I call normal and Simon tweeting about Jill and Kelly is that why he quit his job?? Come on my husband has no time to talk about my friends and why would he? Calling Jill and Lu Ann mean girls come on are we in high school? It’s just a show watch if you like it,if you don’t move on. With all thats going on in the world if people take any of these shows to heart they need to GET A LIFE instead of watching someone elses!!!

12. D Ansley Says:
    July 10th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

NY housewives has become a piece of crap. LuAnn is snooty, mean & obnoxious. Jill is mean and obnoxious. Kelly is CRAZY and makes you just want her sent to rehab. Wait! They don’t have rehab for idiots. She attacks but thinks anyone who says a word to her is threatening. Weird!
    Cindy is annoying and boring. Let her go.
    Keep Alex, Ramona and Sonja, then build from there.

13. Julia Martin Says:
    July 19th, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Kelly is a terrible dresser! LuAnn is Ms Buttinsky! Jill is a BITCH! Ramona is priceless- we love her!

14. rebecca Says:
    July 20th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Cindy just does not have enough screws loose to be a part of the cast. As for Alex and Simon,,I have not liked the social climbers since the beginning. ..and yes, their kids are little snot-nosed,unruly curtain climbers.. I really like Jill, Sonja, and LuAnne. At least they are not posing in every “shot” like ugly Alex is. By the way what has happened to her modeling career????what a joke!!! …that posture,those teeth and hanging breasts.
    As for Ramona,,,,just thank God that she will be back! crazy eyes

15. Aaron Kelly Says:
    July 22nd, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Alex was too good for this show. And I know a secret that Alex is keeping that will explain why she will not return. It’s NOT a rumor people.

16. Donna M. Says:
    July 22nd, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I’ve been on medical leave and started to watch this show. At first, I was not too sure about Ramona and Alex. But then when I see Kelly flipping out and talking nonsense, I must say……..I really wish the producers would take her off. She’s mental and very phony. I believe she’s a terrible role model to her girls. I loved it when she got on Bethany about her being a cook/chef. This twit can’t even cook herself so who is she to even open her pie hole??
    Please remove her!!!!!!

17. Donna Says:
    July 22nd, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Kelly is boring! She criticises Bethenny about not being a chef calling her just a cook when she herself can’t even boil water! And her stupid suprised “horse-face” UGH!!
    Terrible role model for her two girls. TAKE HER OFF THE SHOW!!

18. Larry Says:
    February 19th, 2012 at 10:36 am

A hair sample and a polygraph which will prove what I am saying . I am also willing to prove she is in another relationship while being with me . This girl took me for everything as well as she did to her ex husband that she used as well and claim abuse for the sole purpose of gaining a green card. This isn’t right what this girl has done to me as well as other men . She also has white blisters in her upper mouth from constant use of drugs and this what we call a law abiding citizen. I know I am not perfect and have a lot of issues of my own to deal with but I am not a drug addict i use weed for medical reasons all that other stuff she was on I tried to get her off but no she keep lying and using me to get her gifts pay all her meals took her to California and spent 4000 on her and all she buys me is a100 dollar gift come on then I lent her a bag I paid for that I lent to her to get her stuff home but was never giving back to me . Furthermore she in another relationship . I am willing to take a polygraph test myself to prove what she told me is true

Comments