Emily Maynard Needs A Bachelor That Understands Parenting

June 30, 2011 06:15 AM by Lisa Princ

The Bachelor’s Brad Womack and Emily Maynard confirmed their breakup yesterday, and now Emily has revealed that Brad could not handle instant fatherhood. Does this mean that we will see Emily head to The Bachelorette in search of a Bachelor who understands parenting?

Brad Womack admitted that the breakup was his fault yesterday, but now Emily Maynard has revealed the reason: Brad couldn’t handle instant fatherhood! In fact, Emily said: “It’s hard to convey what it’s like to be a parent to somebody that has no idea. He didn’t understand why I couldn’t go on a random vacation the next day. It’s hard for me to say, ‘I am so tired, I want to go to bed at 8,’ and for him to understand.”

Okay, so we have to cut Brad some slack here as fatherhood is definitely a tough job and to be thrown into it is a whole other challenge. Emily, who puts her six year daughter before anyone, definitely thinks the lack of understanding how parenting works was a major reason why the pair are no longer together.

With that said, Brad knew what he was getting into, so maybe he should have put more thought into it and chosen a girl with no children? What do you think? And if Emily Maynard heads to The Bachelorette next season, we are betting she will definitely be looking for someone who understands children and how tough parenting really is.

We all know how much Bentley Williams gushed about Emily Maynard, maybe he will be looking to hook up with her. After all, he is a father….so at the very least he would have experience there. But after all he put Ashley through we can only hope that Emily would rip him a new one and tell him exactly where to go.

What do you think? Should Brad Womack and Emily Maynard have it thought it out more before hooking up? Share your thoughts with us and stayed tuned for more details on the possibility of Emily Maynard starring the next Bachelorette!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great The Bachelorette news, please feel free to check outSirLinksALot: The Bachelorette and then come and discuss the show on ourreality TV message boards.

Photo Source: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette |

16 Responses to “Emily Maynard Needs A Bachelor That Understands Parenting”

1. dee Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 10:14 am

She may be the most talked about, buttt, she is the most confused young woman I have ever seen. She can’t seem to decide on a simple situation in life, like this Brad guy, she said she would marry him, and after the show they both went off and had a short relationship, but Brad should be glad she is out of his life, she doesn’t know what she wants out of life and probably is a very moody person. First she needs to get it together, then she can make good decisions and NOT go back and forth on it!!! she’s a mess at her age.

2. Lynn Klamt Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 10:37 am

Emily comes across as stubborn (my way or the highway). And a child is not put ahead of the primary husband/wife relationship although that is Emily’s position. I place the blame for the failue of their relationship on Emily.

3. Sandals Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Brad wouldn’t know how difficult “parenting” would be until he got into it after the show ended! While the show was being filmed, he didn’t have a week, a month, or several months to BE a parent with Emily so, how would he know until after the show ended? I feel badly for all three of them but, I wouldn’t “blame” Brad! It’s a tough situation!

4. Premiere Reviews Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I normally would have no opinion but I recall an episode toward the end where she specifically described a day in the life of being a parent and Brad was upset and walked out of the hotel room cursing. Maybe that should have been the first clue to him and HER that he wasn’t cut out for it.

5. Mary Nganga Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Emily and Brad were wrong for each other right from the word “go”. Some of us saw it coming. But apart from Brad not being ready to be a father, has it not been said how Emily did not want to be uprooted from NC to TX and also she was seeing another man at the same time as Brad. I think they are both to blame.

6. Hillaree Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Instant parenthood is difficult, especially when the mother cuts the mate no slack. Been there, done that. She’s been without a partner for 15 years. Child is now grown and gone. Too bad. Emily has no love for another person. She worships the child and a ghost. Emily will always be by herself with her manstick. Wrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

7. DIane Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 5:00 pm

The Bachelor/Bachelorette just isn’t a natural way to meet someone! If Brad and Emily had met in the same community and he could grow into the step parent situation, that would be easier. Trying to do it all is hard, but long distance? Please! They guy is handsome, successful, decent, well-mannered. There are nice women in Austin—date them! As for Emily, I like her, but she doesn’t seem to know what she wants. I hoped they would have the resolve to make it–guess not.

8. Kim Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Its ok. Emily will probably be the next Bachelorette but right now we can all wait to see if Ashley and JP work out. I hope they put Bentley on the show so Emily can keep him around for 4 weeks, let him think he is getting somewhere and then cut him loose. It would be great! My JP prediction is also fact for those who are thinking I am out of my mind.

9. Steve Shodin Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Brad is just a dork. He really is. He blew it with Emily. He really did. She was too good for him. She really was. Idiots like Brad talk like this. They really do.

10. nanaoffive Says:
    June 30th, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Well I think Brad should have definately thought it thru first, before falling for Emily!! It’s one thing to hurt an adult in a relationship, but when it includes a child, that’s when it has gone a bit too far!! Emily played her cards very true to protection of her daughter & I feel did not do anything wrong!!!! As far as Mr. Goof Off disgusting Bentley goes, he makes me sick & he isn’t even anywhere NEAR Emily’s class of men!!!!!! So if he is even contemplating applying for an upcoming Bachelorette show thinking it will be Emily, he may as well save his time cause I feel she will send him home the first rose ceremony,unless she chooses o give him a bit of his own medicine & that would be super fun to watch!!!!!!!!

11. mary Says:
    July 1st, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I think she did not want to move to Austin and he was just not the right person for her. You could tell he was trying too hard. Love should come easily – poor Brad – I really do think it will take for him to get over this one.

12. Deana Says:
    July 3rd, 2011 at 7:41 am

I believe that Emily should had put more into her relationship with Brad. I understand about being a single mother and dating someone who has no experience at being a father. My now husband needed to be guided into becoming a good dad. If she truly loved Brad then she should have taken the time to teach him and guide him into being a father.

13. jewel takai Says:
    July 3rd, 2011 at 4:45 pm

i think she played him right along, after show she was real difficult person. i saw him getting hurt because he really fell for her.
    i think she is to blame, she most likely never give him a chance.\

14. mary Says:
    July 4th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I really think that when she went to Austin and saw how Brad lived,staying up all night with his bars, I think she thought to herself “heck,no, I do not want this for my daughter.’ And let’s face it, Austin is not as nice as NC.

15. Christine McDow Says:
    July 5th, 2011 at 5:55 am

Did you even watch the show? Emily’s daughter is very very young. Her fiance did not die that long ago. Not a clue what you are referring too…”15 years”.

16. Sally Says:
    July 6th, 2011 at 4:45 am

It’s funny how blind Emily’s fans were when they said he should pick her and she was perfect for him etc, etc.. Well duh! He said he wanted the gal he choses to move to Austin Emily in the other hand was dithering. If Emily truly loved Brad, she would have moved and made it work and would make her daughter understand. Also was she even really ready to move on? Ricky Hendricks died in 2004. She should have put that part of her past where it belongs…in the past before even auditioning for the show. At least Chantal who is divorced was ready and was willing to move to Austin. Sorry Brad but you chose the wrong gal who still in love with a memory. Oh ya as for those saying Brad’s temper was a factor Emily said she had a temper too.

Comments