Emily Maynard Is Closer To Becoming The New Bachelorette

July 06, 2011 12:09 PM by Megan Thompson

Guys will be begging to be on the next season of The Bachelorette, because it looks like it’s going to be Emily Maynard. As we all learned last week, Emily Maynard and Brad Womack officially split! It didn’t take long for ABC to pounce at the opportunity to have Emily as the new Bachelorette. Keep reading to find out all the details!

That’s right Emily Maynard, the blonde bombshell that makes guys drool, is closer to becoming the next Bachelorette. That’s quite a rebound for the girl who just kicked Brad to the curb this month. A source told Us Weekly, “She hasn’t officially signed on yet, but it looks like a done deal.”

Well, it might not be just to find a new man that has intrigued Emily to be the next bachelorette. Rather, appearing on the show would be a career move for the 25 year-old single mother. A source tells US Weekly, “She wants to be famous.” What’s a better career move than wearing small bikinis on a dating show?

It didn’t work out with Brad, but if Emily has her pick of 25 eligible bachelors, maybe she will find her happily ever after.

It looks like the guys across America might get their wish, to see more of Emily! Do you think Bentley will have the nerve to apply for the show? Let us know if you think Emily should be the new bachelorette – comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great The Bachelor news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelor and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette |

56 Responses to “Emily Maynard Is Closer To Becoming The New Bachelorette”

1. Carol Says:
    July 6th, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Not at all…..if her focus is becoming famous-what makes you think SHE will doing that show for the right reason. That is not fair to 25 men who hope to find love with her-and all she wants is her face on the cover of magazines. I am not impressed.

2. Crystal Says:
    July 6th, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Emily portrayed a southern young mother totally devoted to her daughter. Then she was away from her during the bachelor season and introduced her to Brad who, it seemed, got along very nicely with her. Now, she will be away again and possibly introduce her to 2 or 3 men.

I have watched this show but will not watch it if she is the bachelorette.

3. Babe Says:
    July 7th, 2011 at 7:45 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO… Please NOT Emily. I have so much respect for her; I don’t want to see her being all over each guy in the show. I can’t really reconcile her being protective of her little Ricki yet subject herself and her daughter to being kissed and touched and for Ricki to later on hear all the trash of the show.
    Why take re-cycles; for ratings? This really just undermines what is good for the bachelorette.
    Emily, you do NOT need the money; if fame is what you want, then, should I believed that you initially went for the bachelor hoping that you will be the next bachelorette. Did you really just mess up with Brad (who I find sincere in searching for his wife)and his life? Brad may have his issues but that was not fair to him either.

4. Maggie Says:
    July 7th, 2011 at 9:03 am

Emily will seem like a greedy fame whore if she decides to be on the Bachelorette. It is hard to reconcile a mom’s love for her daughter and also the mom kissing 25 guys and acting like a horny slut. Ashley is not improving her image as a dentist by going on national TV and acting like a tramp. All of her patients will be wondering which Bachelors she slept with and why she slept with Bentley so early in the programming.

5. virginia Says:
    July 7th, 2011 at 5:50 pm

NO….NO….she has plans to become famous, not to fall in love!

6. patty Says:
    July 8th, 2011 at 8:43 am

NO…… I felt she was so sincere on the bachelor and I was hoping Brad would not lead her on, I thought he had a stronger relationship with Chantel and now it looks like he should of picked her. But Emily NO NO NO I don’t think she is seriouly ready to find true love.

7. steve Says:
    July 8th, 2011 at 11:03 am

i truly fell for emily…i do think she however won’t pull up her southern roots and move to her “future” husbands hometown….the chosen male will need to be open to sharing emilys and rickis home…

8. Nancy Says:
    July 8th, 2011 at 11:23 am

No. As the others have stated, she has plans to become famous, not to fall in love.
    She was picked, engaged, it should be the end of her. I too would not watch it she is the bachelorette.

9. Judy Says:
    July 8th, 2011 at 6:35 pm

She’s a fake

10. dwayne Says:
    July 9th, 2011 at 12:54 pm

omg,Emily i love you
    i,m bachelor and live in a small town named after a actual indian chief,you,d love it here,i,m from shipshewana,in,google it Em,your gorgeous and i,m smitten by you,

11. swasy Says:
    July 9th, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I didnt get the impression that Ashley slept with Bently..Are you sure?

12. Amy Says:
    July 9th, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Absolutely Not! She is to controlling and I do not think it is a good idea. She plays like a poor victim and is looking for a guy with some money just like Ricky Hendrick. NO NO NO

13. jackie Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 11:30 am

I think that Emily should be sent packing….Emily is so self centered and she appears to be a gold digger……How about a brand new, all American girl next door, Bachelorette?

14. Gayla Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 12:12 pm

NO, NO, NO, Emily is to fake.

15. Eve Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

NO! NO! NO! For Emily To Be The Next Batchelorette! SHE IS SO FAKE.

This is one time I will not be watching!!!

16. Denise Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 1:51 pm

If you didn’t get the message in the last 12 messages, it’s NO,NO,NO on Emily being the next bachelorette. In fact I’m sick and tired of ABC trying to boost their ratings, based on our feelings. I agree with Crystal, I will not watch any more bachelor/bachelorettes until ABC brings in totally new faces. I’m sick of watching all the rejects from other shows. Let them find true love (if they can) with the Bachelor Re-Union Cruise, like some others of the past have.

17. Joanna Kerns Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Please dont have Emily be the next bachelorette. I know I wont watch it if she is. She is a snob compared to the other girls who were on. She spent enough time away from her daughter to be on the last time. The way she Fawns over her how can she leave her again?? She wants to get well known so she can start a tv career. Doesnt have the voice for it. Thank You.

18. Shirley Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Emily is not ready to move on yet! She is devoted to her daughter and the motherhood role is the main thing to focus on in her life. Maybe someday she will be ready but Brad CANNOT be first in her life and thats what I think he wants.

19. cindy Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 6:52 pm

NO NO NO NO
    Do not make Emily the next Bachelorette,
    I liked her so at first on the Bachelor,
    but now we know her better…
    I do not want to see her on that show………..

20. YellowRose of Mo Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 7:26 pm

How pathetic! Never once did Emily mention “Her” fault with this (again)failed relationship! Can she not be honest about what “SHE” didn’t bring to the table. Hoorah she is a mother – but she is also a ‘single’ woman outthere trying to find a ‘suitable’ husband/father – this takes two & it takes risks!

21. Nanny Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 11:38 pm

I do not see her blondness and beauty anymore… she appeared even more faking on the interview with Chris tonight. She could not even give any good reason why she split with Brad. I wished Brad could come out and tell it all! I don’t mind to have Brad to be next Bachelor again but not for Emily on the show ever. I hope no more victims of a faking and fame chaser. A lesson learned! Please make it a true Reality show and rating will boost!!

22. flo souza Says:
    July 12th, 2011 at 6:13 am

why would she do that if she cant stand being
    followed every where she goes. maybe she does
    like the attention.

23. Lee Says:
    July 12th, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Hopefully she will not be the next Batchlorette!
    Think that is why she dumped Brad and asked for
    spot on show last night. She loves attention and
    will never be able to settle for the attention of
    one man. How could she say so many nice things about Brad but give up so easily. She does not
    trust herself and that is why she said she did
    not trust the relationship with Brad to last.
    Have heard enough of her whining….”you know”.

24. Terry Says:
    July 12th, 2011 at 3:15 pm

NO…NO…NO…Do not make Emily the next Bachelorette. She is so fake and phoney, if so it will be the last time I watch this program. It looked like Chris was catching on to her scam last night like everyone else has. She would turn the water works on and off at the appropriate time durning the interview trying to make herself look so innocent…be real. As her being a good mother come on seriously how pathetic. Any other women who would be drinking, partying, kissing and sleeping with several different men in a short period of time in public, would be called a whore and social services would have beeen called in. Hey lets give her mother of the year..right. It’s time the show got some new faces and not the same old rejects from previous shows. Here’s an ideal for the producers hook Emily up with Bently that would be reality show to watch.

25. Rio from England Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Why shouldn’t she do it I still have alot of respect for Emily
    I don’t think brad was father material and I think that’s why Emily didn’t commit, all she needed was for Bead to be responsible and act like an adult you can’t kiss and go to ved with 3 other ladies on the show if your heart is truly with one person

26. Judi Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 8:39 am

When I saw her on the interview with Chris, she must have said “you know” in that Southern voice of hers at least 1,000 times. It almost made me want to throw up!!! Is there a shortage of words in her vocabulary or what??? Find someone else for the next Bachelorette, PLEASE.

27. Ronnie Says:
    August 1st, 2011 at 2:21 pm

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Please ABC get NEW PEOPLE we don’t know from previous shows!!!! IT IS GETTING VERY OLD!!!!!

28. Bee Says:
    August 1st, 2011 at 7:44 pm

NO, NO, NO. Get someone new, fresh. She had her turn, she screwed up on purpose. She just wants to be famous, not in love.

29. FRYER01 Says:
    August 2nd, 2011 at 7:56 am

ISN’T SHE THE ONE WITH THE KID…SHE CAN NEVER LEAVE….???NOW SHE IS COMING BACK AND LEAVING THE KID AGAIN???? NO ETTE SHOULD HAVE A KID…NO MAN WANTS TO SIGN UP FOR THAT..
    BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!

NO NO NO SOMEONE NEW !!!!!!!!!!!

30. gail Says:
    August 2nd, 2011 at 8:22 am

no she pretended to b REAL she’s not don’t give her a second thought!

31. Susan Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 9:35 am

NO NO way bring her back. She went on TV and claimed she didn’t like the people following her and Ricki everywhere, and money she doesn’t need money, the Hendricks take care of her, wake up everyone, she doesn’t have the real reason for going on the show. I liked her but now I have a totally different impression of her. She just wants to be famous, well don’t go hurt other people while you are trying to do it.

32. doxiemom Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 5:09 am

PUHLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE! She is a hypocrite at best and a fame whore. Her southern charm is wearing thin. I wonder how Chris Harrison can do this show with a straight face. Time to can it ABC!

33. bubbles214 Says:
    August 13th, 2011 at 1:09 am

ok all you guys need to relax!!! This is basically a tabloid you can not believe it 100%!

34. hines123 Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Emily is as fake as they come, she played Brad and made a fool of him in her quest to become famous. She is a spoiled rich snot that had no intention of wanting to be with Brad she just wanted to play the game, do what it took each week to be given a rose to ensure she had another week of airtime. She has a gorgeous mansion she lives in, has a great life of wealth now she wants to stardom and as much airtime as possible while toying with guys acting like her child is why she can’t have a life with anyone. I always watch the Bachelorette, but will skip this season is the fake Emili is the new bachelorette. I am sickened the network even wants her on it knowing she isn’t truly looking for love. This is very upsetting, I hope Bently is on it and rips her apart, she deserves it. And to think I actually chose her to win Brads heart, what was I thinking?

35. Laine Says:
    August 27th, 2011 at 4:40 pm

YES YES YES, Emily will be great as th next Bachelorette. CBS if you are looking for higher ratings, get Emily and Bentley together for a Much watched show. VERY EXPLOSIVE SHOW. GO FOR IT.

36. Sam Says:
    August 28th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

No way I’m going to watch it if it’s Emily, get someone new, it will be refreshing..é.é

37. Resa Says:
    August 29th, 2011 at 12:04 pm

No,No, No……Please not Emily. If she really want to find true love she would have stuck with Brad. I thought Chantel was a better fit for him but hey he is the one who’ve had to live with his mistake. I don’t have any respect for Emily.

38. Adele Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 8:18 am

I think anyone appearing on these shows should have been unmarried and NO CHILDREN! This just complicates the beginning of any relationships. Emily….you’ve got to be kidding. I am sure there are plenty of other women and men that would love to be on these shows to find happiness….again…No Children or Previous Marriage!

39. shemara Says:
    September 4th, 2011 at 9:02 pm

No please!! Please stop recycling these people. Can’t you find someone who would want to do this besides the ones we have seen? Emily will not be with anyone whether she chooses them or not. She is still in love with her deceased ex. She needs to just raise her daughter and leave romance alone.

40. JungleCat Says:
    September 8th, 2011 at 5:25 am

Get somebody else. The consensus is here is: NO, PLEASE NOT EMILY. She does not have to appear as the Bachelorette to be famous. She should sign up at a model agency to utilize her physical talents without appearing on TV with 25-30 men. This is not a good portrayal for her young daughter, either.

41. Ariana Brockwell Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 8:12 am

No – she should not be the next bachelorette – it is getting to fake with all the returns – if she is the the new one – I will not be watching the show anymore.

42. Melanie Carnley Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I know this is a stretch but I thought this show was about regular people finding “love”. If she is continually on tv for her failures w/ Brad, don’t you think she’s had her time in the spotlight? Let some other poor desperate girl have her 15 minutes too.

43. Rayne Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Yay! She deserves to be the next bachelorette! She was a true southern belle when she appeared on the bachelor. She was too good for Brad and has had a lot of saddness and deserves some happiness!

44. carol Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 12:15 pm

absolutely, no,no,no, Find someone fresh-many won’t watch

45. trudy Says:
    October 22nd, 2011 at 9:24 am

no she is too fake pick a new bachelorette not from a previous show.

46. jinni Says:
    October 24th, 2011 at 7:16 pm

No Please NO. look what she did to Brad she dont know what she wants.

47. tidewater Says:
    October 25th, 2011 at 12:53 pm

She will never leave the HENRICK status to become a bachelorette!!!

48. Canadian Girl Says:
    October 26th, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Emily is a big girl, if this is the next chapter in her life then GO FOR IT!!!. If it don’t work out for her on the Bachelorette then she can move on……her choice. I can’t believe some people here calling here a whore or a horny slut, like seriously nice words.

Emily your beautiful and I think your a sweetheart.
    Life is way too short, it don’t wait for you to live it, do whatever your heart desires.

Good Luck to you and your lil one on whatever decisions you make in life.
    All the best :)

49. bery Says:
    November 1st, 2011 at 4:07 pm

What a joke. She shows herself as being a fussy person. What if she does not like not one of the bachelors? What then? She is a joke. I thought she worried so spending so much time away from her daughter.

50. Jo Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 8:12 am

Sad, really that this is even a question. Absolutely, NO, NO, NO…dot, dot, dot. If you look back thru the whole season with Brad, she NEVER , EVER committed to Brad, ever. I think she should have dropped out of it, before the end.

Emily has never stepped up to the plate to say, why she didn’t want Brad. Brad was committed. I think she has a problem with committing to a relationship. When Brad proposed, which is what she was in this for…she was so inhuman, and unresponsive. She is all package with looks but she is HEARTLESS, really.

Brad never had a chance. He was a class act. She is just in it for fame. Emily is a huge disappointment. Time to change the shows program. Emily needs a reality check.

51. Lori Says:
    January 2nd, 2012 at 9:45 pm

NO! She prevented Brad from seeking and obtaining a true partner to share his life with by going on the Bachelor. She was and is only interested in serving herself and using her daughter “poor me card” to obtain it. She may be a beautiful person on the outside, but inside she is an ugly person.

52. Jennifer Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 12:46 pm

ABSOLUTELY I WILL WATCH IF EMILY IS THE NEXT BACHELORETTE! She’s so sweet and deserves it! If being on the show finds her FAME and LOVE…then kudos! All these hating women need to stop! Jealousy is ugly! GOOD LUCK EMILY!

53. rosemarie Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 2:44 pm

no not at all… she portrayed herself as a goodie two shoe….because of her daughter…and now she gonna go on the show and kiss and make out with all these guys….unreal…

54. marge Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 7:28 am

NO,NO,NO,NOT EMILY.
    SHE IS IN IT FOR ALL THE
    WRONG REASONS…
    NEED A NEW FACE.
    SHE IS FAKE.

55. sue Says:
    February 4th, 2012 at 3:25 pm

The show should pick a *real* woman that the viewers can relate to… not a young, spoiled brat wealthy woman. How many *real* 25 yr old women live in a mansion?

56. Adele Says:
    February 20th, 2012 at 8:59 am

Producers: – When are you going to get it in your heads to only have unmarried and no children participate. This only causes a third party being involved in a B & B situation…Or am I mistaken as to what a bachelor and bachelorette means.

Comments