Octomom Nadya Suleman’s Kids Run Wild On Today Show

July 09, 2011 09:10 AM by Kristin Watson

Octomom Nadya Suleman stopped by NBC’s Today show to talk about those nasty rumors she hates kids, but 9 of her little darlings ran wild and almost distracted us from getting the dish. Read on to find out if Nadya Suleman is contemplating suing as a result of the rumors.

Nadya Suleman hit the Today show Friday, July 8, with her unruly kids to discuss, among other things, the tabloid rumors she hates her kids.

In Touch Weekly magazine recently ran an article saying Suleman said, “I hate babies. They disgust me. My older kids are animals. I can’t discipline them.” When in fact, Octomom Nadya Suleman told Today co-host Ann Curry that’s all lies.

“I’ve never said any of that, none of it actually. I think they should retract it because it was all slander, all of it. I love my children. I would do anything for my kids — I live for my kids,” she said. Suleman also hinted she might be looking into suing In Touch Weekly for slander when Curry point blank asked her.

The big tabloid rumor talk almost got sidetracked by Suleman’s wild kids. The two-year-old octuplets ran amok while her older daughter tried to help. Even Ann Curry tried to control the situation as Suleman’s kids climbed on things and got into all kinds of mischief. You have to see the part where Ann Curry has to help one of the kids who fell into a piece of the set — way to go, Ann!

As for how Nadya Suleman is supporting her large family, she told Ann Curry, “I’m in the process of earning my personal trainer’s license, but again, that’s peanuts compared to the total dollars amount I will need to support all the kids every month. I’ve never in my life been on (welfare) and I never will. I would feel like a failure, not only as a mother, but as a human being. That’s my own bias.”

Maybe she’ll find a nice man to help feed those mouths when she hits the new HDNET dating show in October dedicated to celebrity dating. What’s it called? Oh yeah, Celebridate.

Anyway, The fun didn’t stop at the Today show. There’s also reports that passengers on the flight the Suleman and her kids were booked to leave New York on was delayed, leaving passengers concerned over the kids’ behavior. Who would want to be delayed on a flight with all those kids? Octomom or no Octomom, it would be horrible, and we love kids!

Oh, that Octomom, never a dull moment. Check out Nadya Suleman’s Today show appearance and watch her kids run wild.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot and then come and discuss it on our reality TV message boards.

For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows!

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: Reality TV |

14 Responses to “Octomom Nadya Suleman’s Kids Run Wild On Today Show”

1. Josie Says:
    July 9th, 2011 at 11:21 am

I think Anne Curry was incredibly RUDE. If I were Octomom, I couldn’t have compused myself as well as she did. It doesn’t do these kids any good to bash their mom. I think it’s very sad.

2. e.t. Says:
    July 9th, 2011 at 2:05 pm

who cares

3. Louise Says:
    July 9th, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I wonder if Ms Watson has ever been a mother. Someone with 8 2-yr-olds, who is trying to give a serious interview on national tv, can’t control them. Really?? I don’t care WHOSE kids they are; the results would be the same. And did I hear Nadya say that they had only had 2 hrs of sleep the night before? Their mother looked remarkably put together for someone who had to get herself and 8/9 children ready to be on camera!

I feel like America is always trying to put a negative spin on the family, rather than offering the support they need. Sure, it wasn’t a wise decision to have that many children, under the circumstances, but they are here now… no way to put them back. So do what you can to help them, instead of constantly knocking them down.

I have, actually, received e-mail from friends, saying things like, “I hope those children have medical problems as they grow up. It will serve OctoMom right!” Hello? People want the innocent little children to suffer because of a poor choice their mother made?

4. Michele Putman Says:
    July 9th, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Of course she is going to have kids running around and not acting like an adult. I have 4 with 3 the same age. The more same aged brains are around one another, the more ideas and acting of their age is INCREASED! I am so tired of ppl making babies and young kids act like total adults. Though I found myself doing that is just ridiculous. It is no wonder why ADHD is a top diagnosis because if a child acts like a child it is just WRONG!!!

5. Janice Says:
    July 9th, 2011 at 2:32 pm

This interview was a mess. Shame on NBC Today Show producers for creating the chaotic scene. Anyone who ever has/had 2 yr old children understand the nature of providing a setting where the children can be engaged successfully. The Today Show set up Nadya to fail and shame on Nadya for not learning from her mistakes and therefore refuse to do an interview where her children are not properly safe.

I challenge The Today Show to bring in SuperNanny to create a child-friendly environment and have a “do-over” interview. Come on Anne Curry – you are far better than this awful interview.

6. Angelina Says:
    July 9th, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Wild? Oh come on. I thought they did really well for just coming off a delayed flight. The kids did not seem wild to me, just normal energetic little children. I do feel bad for the older daughter. She has a lot of work helping her mom out.

7. Myrl D'Arcy Says:
    July 10th, 2011 at 7:28 am

Give her a break!!…Shes got a BIG JOB taking care of all those kids..I don’t know any 2YEAR OLDS that just sit down and behives…I think she is doing the best she can, especialy if she has no help from any one….I raised ONLY 4 kids and it was not easy……Myrl D’Arcy

8. BARBARA SPELL Says:
    July 10th, 2011 at 7:31 am

I really felt bad for the Mom…the Today Show set her up big time. Anyone who has raised any children know that 2 year olds are very active and they should have had them all, including the adults, in one of those kiddie corrals. They are wonderful for keeping the children in one spot. They come with electronic gadgets on the wall and that alone would have kept them occupied. They tried to make her look very bad and the children as if they had no discipline. Kudos to the oldest child for helping but they should of had at least two other adults there to keep the kids engaged. I am so sick of people hating on this woman. At least she is not as inhuman as those women in America who have participated in the 53 million abortions performed on babies in America. At least she chose life for her children.

9. Lynn Zimmerman Says:
    July 10th, 2011 at 9:10 am

good thing nothing happend to the children while on. you took their moms atention totaly away from them just to get answers, and the today show had no child care to help while keeping moms atention.shame on you today show!the kids did what all kids do.

10. Yvette Warren Says:
    July 10th, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I am so glad I have a chance to comment on this episode. Clearly, Today’s Show was wrong..wrong.. wrong.. Why? Knowing the children was going to visit, they should have child-proofed the stage.. and provided wonderful toys for the children to occupy them during the interview.. Today’s staff also should have provided assistance for the children. Those beautiful children have been exploited enough.. It would have been an act of kindness to take a moment and promote structure as a good example instead of letting them run wild.

11. Carla Showell-Lee Says:
    July 11th, 2011 at 8:26 pm

What happened here was sensational television at its best. I love the Today’s Show but they handled this particular interview in a very unprofessional way. I produce and host television shows and I think when you have children running around…you are not interested in getting out the best interview. You are setting your guest up to fail. There should have been a “picture in picture window” where the kids could be seen in a kid friendly environment waiting for their mom to come back from her professional studio interview with Ann Curry. I wanted to have an update on Nadya but I was distracted. Those kids are gorgeous and we would have seen that IF the kids were in a camera ready green room setting with cutaway shots them coloring, playing with their toys, watching an animated story…whatever. (Oh and some ADULT supervision) Her older daughter could have been on the set with Ann and Nadya. She may have had a better answer for Ann. I wanted an update and couldn’t receive it because I was too busy watching Ann chase after Nadya’s kids. When you know better, you hopefully do better. My hope is that we’ll stop exploiting people and really push for a higher good in people.

12. CT resident Says:
    July 12th, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I didn’t catch the Today show, but saw Anderson Cooper. The kids are so cute and she seems like she’s doing a good job. I have 3 kids, 2 of which are twins and remember the 2′s. I hope she is getting the financial support that so many of these tv stars do. I would rather see her than Kate Gosslin any day!!

13. Lori Says:
    July 17th, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Wow! I just caught the re-airing of this show a few days ago, July 2011. I used to think Suze Orman, although pompus, obnoxious, and arrogant, was somewhat interesting to listen to because her ideas seemed sensible….but not anymore! How dare her tell Nadya to get rid of her nannies! Nadya claimed she was emotionally depleted and having axiety attacks, as well as heavy laden with financial worry! Neither Oprah nor Suze know how it feels to have your mind racing 24 hrs a day, sick to the core of your being, worried over how you will find money to avoid a disconnect on utilities, buy food, or pay a mortgage. They are out of touch!! Then, couple those horribly draining problems with trying to care for and nurture all the children, my God, she could easily abuse them in the midst of all that stress!! Nadya needs those nannies, period! That help is for her own good as well as the good of the children! I have a 2 yr grandson (had 4 kids myself) and that little fellow can run you ragged! I could not imagine 14! And then, Suze says write a book, dear God, is she nuts? You can’t do anything that requires concentration while caring for babies, I know, I went to college when mine were young and I would do my homework after they all were sleeping! The next point of contention is how utterly cruel and viscious Suze was! Who the hell was she to sit there shaking with rage, and spewing her sarcastic venom on Nadya? I’ll tell you, this transcript sanitizes what transpired on that show, you had to see it to believe it! Suze Orman is a Hampton, hob-knobbing bitter bitch, I’m sorry, but there is no better word! The children are here now, how dare her force this young woman to say she would not have them if she could do it over again!!!! Do you think one day those kids might see the interview and hear their mother saying this and maybe feel like they wrecked her life or something? That Orman is a bully!

14. White Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 6:17 pm

I’m sure that Octmom wasn’t on any show that didn’t invite her and pay her to be there. Because they needed to make a show.

Comments