Big Brother 13′s Jeff Schroeder Caught Making Anti-Gay Comments: CBS Responds

July 14, 2011 12:00 AM by Kristin Watson

Big Brother 13′s Jeff Schroeder probably should have remembered the live feed catches everything. Schroeder’s anti-gay remarks about beloved Harry Potter character Albus Dumbledore were caught for all to see and now CBS has released a statement for damage control. Read on to find out the details…

Big Brother 13′s Jeff Schroeder and Kalia Booker got into a heated debate about Harry Potter character Albus Dumbledore’s sexuality, but they forgot one thing – the live feed was catching it all.

Jeff Schroeder’s not-so flattering comments about Dumbledore being gay prompted Kalia to speak her own mind.

Here’s what happened. When Kalia Booker informed Jeff Schroeder that Dumbledore was gay (even though the books don’t say it) and JK Rowlings said she always pictured him as such, Jeff went nuts.

“The character was written to be gay,” Kalia explained to Jeff. To which Jeff responded, “He’s in a school with little kids? You can’t make that guy gay.”

Here’s where the real debating began. “Why? Can’t gay men work with little kids?” Kalia asked, prompting Jeff to argue, “It isn’t right to have it in a little kids’ book and have the headmaster locked away in this magical land, be gay. That isn’t the right kind of writing to do. Listen, you know what I’m talking about and don’t make it seem like you’re doing the right thing by saying it’s not. You are going to let your kids read a story book where little kids go to fantasy camp without their parents and the guy is … gay?”

Kalia debated, “Just because he is gay, doesn’t mean there is a thing wrong with him.” Before we get into what CBS had to say, you have to see the live feed for yourself.

The rant caught on the live feed prompted CBS to issue their own statement: “Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 — and seeing every moment of their lives. At times, the Houseguests make comments, reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a Houseguest appearing on BIG BROTHER, either on any live feed from the House or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program.”

Way to perform damage control CBS. Did you catch Jeff Schroeder’s anti-gay remarks on the live feed? Tell us your thoughts.

Photo credit CBS

Topics: Big Brother, CBS Reality TV Shows |

23 Responses to “Big Brother 13′s Jeff Schroeder Caught Making Anti-Gay Comments: CBS Responds”

1. craitg Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 7:45 am

Please STFU so what faggot , faggot, faggot oohhh get over it now guess i,m going to die because I don’t beleive wehat you do lol

2. Big Brother Fan Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 9:02 am

Good for Jeff! I agree with him 100 percent.

3. mike Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 11:10 am

The CBS response is totally disingenuous. When he was in the house during season 11 he engaged in similar homophobic rants and used profanity laced anti-gay insults against other players on a regular basis. CBS even aired some of the arguments where he used homophobic language, but they cut his homophobic remarks out of the footage to make him look like a hero. Bottom line is Jeff is an ignorant bigot, but CBS likes him so they’ve been covering for him. And they will continue to cover for him.

4. Karen Downen Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 11:56 am

Jeff has a right to his beliefs. We all have to answer for what we say and do; but, too, we have a right to say and do what we believe. That is why living in America is so wonderful. CBS handled this just right.

5. Traci Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I think Kalia was just trying to play to the camera’s and be politically correct Jeff was just keeping it real and I didnt see him say anything bad about gay people This is just another case of the news trying to make a big deal out of something so small and to take this all out of context

6. kathy Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I am a person who accepts gay as a way of life and Jeff was not bashing gays he just said it wasn;t apropriate for something little kids read and watch, my grandson is 6 and has watched Harry Potter since he was 3. He would not understand gay and it is not something little kids need to undrestand till they are older! So get over it already, get a life people complain about things that matter!

7. Candice Sweet Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 8:32 pm

What a CREEP!
    My ex thinks the same way, she thinks we are all dammed to hell and all gay men are child molesters!
    He really needs a reality check!
    Candice

8. Teresa H. Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 10:37 pm

No problem what he said…He spoke the truth in my mind. Hooray for Jeff.

9. Randall Says:
    July 14th, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Will never watch the show again. Jeff’s comments should not be tolerated. He needs to come out of the closet in my opinion. He is hiding who he really is. Making comments like that sounds like all these closeted Senators that rule against anything gay-friendly to hide their own sexuality. If he had said black people should not teach which children it would not be tolerated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Crystal Says:
    July 15th, 2011 at 8:34 am

Jeff should remember that gay and pedophile are not synonymous. It doesn’t rub off you idiot. I like Jeff a lot less now.

11. Jason Says:
    July 15th, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I’m not sure which is more ridiculous, what the idiot on the show said or some of the bigot comments on this post. Really people what year are we in 1900? It is 2011 and I believe people should understand by now that your sexual orientation (especially one of a fictional character, I mean cmon now) should not make you less than or unqualified for anything. I don’t care if it was his opinion because it is wrong and as a gay person I find it very insulting. For the sake of gays everywhere and this country I hope this show’s rating plummet.

12. Jan Says:
    July 16th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Thank you, Jeff, for speaking your mind and the truth. I do not tolerate all of your vocabulary but what you said was perfect. God tells us that Homosexuality is a sin and those engaging in such will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I am proud of Jeff for saying what he did. I do not approve of any of the Harry Potter stuff and would not ever allow my children to read any of it or watch any of it. That is another thing God tell us is a sin . . . witchcraft. Also a sin is sex outside marriage. One sin is not worse than the other. Doesn’t anyone read the Bible anymore??? It doesn’t matter what year we’re in, it’s wrong in any year to disobey God’s Commandments.

13. Lori Says:
    July 16th, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Get over it and move on! Everyone has said something that someone else doesn’t agree with and it doesn’t make them a bad person!!

14. what Says:
    July 17th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

@Jason: The fact that it’s 2011 doesn’t make it an excuse. By your logic in 2111 pedophilia would be more than welcome.

15. Dina Says:
    July 17th, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I love Jeff and I am with him. The f’cking word police are out and about. I don’t want a flamboyantly gay queer teaching my child. Go Jeff I hope you win the whole kit and kaboodle…..

16. Mickey Says:
    July 17th, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I agree with Jeff!

17. Cindy Says:
    July 21st, 2011 at 10:55 am

Did all you Jeff fans know that he has a D.U.I. (Dupage County, IL)? Check it out! A real “hero”, right?

18. Troy Says:
    July 25th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

For the person that brought up his DUI, I myself know several people, co-workers and friends that have made that same mistake. Horrible that it occurred, but I still consider them to be good people. You must live in a small sheltered world if you’re writing off every person that has made a mistake.

19. Hildegard Says:
    July 25th, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Jeff is just ignorant on this subject. He doesn’t get that gay does not mean pedophile. Noone is talking about flamboyantly gay anyway. Someone needs to provide basic information not inflamed by Christian fanatics.

20. Lisa Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 8:20 am

Jeff is a closeted flammer-some day he will commit suicide because he can’t deal with the fact he is gay. Stop hiding behind god and the bible just because u are religious you dont get to change what the book says to what you want it to say. it reads how it reads and says what it says – by the way isn’t there something in there about NOT judging others? There are probably more straight pedophiles than gay! STOP the hatin jeff you closeted HOMO! VOTE HIM OFF VOTE HIM OFF

21. Toria Says:
    August 5th, 2011 at 10:59 am

I have nothing against gays at all. But we are all entitled to our own opinions. I don’t have to agree with Jeff. Which I do not agree with him. Seems Jeff is being judged because he had a DUI. That is none of my business or yours.
    I was taught God loves all his children. Those that turn gays away from churches are sinning and they are ignorant. My brother’s church does not allow gays. That is just so wrong. This is 2011..There are opinions and then there is judging.Leave the judging to God.

22. bridgette Says:
    August 10th, 2011 at 7:25 pm

i think that jeff is a total gay man who can’t come out of the closet, i mean look at him he falls for the biggest airhead ever. and those personal attacks on ppl, only show his manlyness or lack there of,and jordan wow her mom must really b proud “not” i now have more respect for brendon and rachel than those two ppl, and those who agree with jeff only let us know that you are butt holes as well, stupids you all aren’t god….

23. Christine McDow Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 5:26 am

Why is it that every time a close minded straight man bashes a gay man or the homosexual life style in general, people say that straight man is really gay but refuses to admit it. Those people are as close minded as the straight man himself.

Comments