Deadliest Catch Dedicates Finale To Justin Tennison

July 27, 2011 10:18 AM by Lisa Princ

Deadliest Catch on Discovery Channel aired its season finale on Tuesday, dedicating the episode to the fallen Time Bandit member, Justin Tennison.  However, nothing was mentioned during the aired footage from the filming of the crab fishing show about the fishermans death, which left many people wondering who was he and what happened?  We have found out…keep reading for more details!

Deadliest Catch fans watched the season finale this week, which was dedicated to fallen crew member, Justin Tennison, who was found dead in his hotel room back in February. Although no official autopsy results have been revealed on the death, TMZ reported that the star was found with drugs and alcohol in his hotel room, and police noted that it looks as though Justin had thrown a party the night before.

After his passing, his friends on of the Time Bandit posted on their website saying: “Justin was tough as a bull and was an all-around good hand. The captains and crew appreciated his hard work and many contributions this past year. We will miss him terribly and wish his family all the best during this most difficult time,” while the network said: “Discovery Channel is saddened by the passing of Time Bandit crew member Justin Tennison.” The death of Justin comes just a year after the tragic death of Captain Phil Harris, who suffered a stroke during the filming of the hit show.

Justin Tennison of Deadliest Catch was only 34 years old when he passed away and is survived by his two children. If you were a fan of Justin, or the show in general, you are welcome to share your memories and condolences on the Time Bandit’s official website. All of us here at Reality TV Magazine send our prayers and condolences to Justin’s family as we are sure they are still struggling with their loss.

Do you watch this popular reality show?  Tell us what you think about this last season?  Who is your favorite captain?  Will Josh and Jake Harris be back to run the Cornelia Maria or have we seen the last of the blue lady.  Comment below and let us know what you think.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Discovery Channel news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo Credit: Discovery

Topics: Deadliest Catch, Discovery Channel Reality TV Shows |

24 Responses to “Deadliest Catch Dedicates Finale To Justin Tennison”

1. Karen Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 10:42 am

I do watch the show (Deadliest Catch). There should have been some mention of who Justin was and what crew he was a part of. I hope that Josh and Jake are able to make it back. They have had their share of bad luck. I know that the stress of out catching crab and looking out for the safety of all members on the boat gets to the best of everyone, but it would be nice if the language was more family friendly with fewer beeps.
    I really like Sid the best, then the fun that Andy brings into the show.

2. C. EASTERWOOD Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 10:49 am

We love the show, watch it every week. So sorry to hear of the loss of Justin Tennison and the family’s loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. This work has to be harsh on the mind and body. We hope the Cornelia Marie crew comes back and are a success. We loved Captain Phil.

3. Scott Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 11:05 am

On after the catch earlier in the season they said he died from sleep apnea at the same age his mom died from the same thing

4. Ann Daly Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I live in Michigan where everyone I know absolutely loves Deadliest Catch. When Phil died my friend and I sat and cried like we had known him all of our lives. I believe Josh and Jake are much like their father in their strength and determination. Which leads me to also believe that they will carry on Phil’s legacy and make the Cornelia Marie the best ship in the fleet.
    Best Regards to the Harris boys and the rest of the Deadliest Catch Captains and crews.
    Ann

5. Poe M. Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Sad for his two children. :(

6. mike Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 2:00 pm

dont watch it as much since cpt rhil died. sry to hear about the death of justin. what a waste of a good young man. our prayers are with his children and family

7. josh Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Jake Harris is a dope head, junkie. That guy shouldnt be allowed to run a ship, let alone, work on deck, he is a born loser! But I am rooting for Josh. Captain Phil Harris was my favorite, now I would have to say Sig. Someone needs to whoop Kieth Colburns butt, he a pompus a hole.

8. Vonya Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Prayers and condolences to his family. Is there a fund set up for donations to benefit his children (for medical, college, therapy, etc…..)? Crab fishing’s hard work for fair pay and there aren’t many benefits so the children may need help in the future.

9. Christine McDow Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 5:53 am

Vonya, If you google the Time Bandit’s website I think there is information there.

10. Sherry Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 5:55 am

A latecomer to watching “The Deadliest Catch”, it seems to have grabbed me and i can’t stop watching it. My favorite ships are the “Time Bandit” and the “Northwestern”, though all the ships are mesmerizing. Those guys earn every penny they make, the work is unbelieveably hard in terrible conditions.
    I think it is terrible that the ships don’t get paid anything from Discovery for filming their lives. I’m sure the channel is making lots of money off the show, they should compensate the ships for it as well. Why would they do it uncompensated? It’s a mystery to me…

11. Christine McDow Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 5:58 am

Josh, I agree. I do hope Jake is successful but I like Josh as well and can see him running the ship!

12. Christine McDow Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 6:00 am

Mike, I agree it isn’t the same since Capt Phil died. This season was really good though. The storms were massive which created great drama. There were lots of mentions of Phil too and great tributes.

13. Christine McDow Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 6:01 am

Scott, I missed that! There was one episode of ATC that we didn’t get to see because of cable issues. Thanks for letting us know!

14. Christine McDow Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 6:02 am

Karen, I agree it would have been nice if they had talked a little bit about Justin’s death in what they aired. My husband and I both looked at each other and said, “Who was that???”

15. michelle Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 3:56 pm

i love deadliest catch. capt.so sorry to hear about justin, and that there was yet another loss on the show. phil was a great. my fav. boat is the time bandit and both hilstrand brothers. i agree with josh about jake, josh, and keith. i think capt keith rules with intimidation. and just might be psychotic. and yes josh will be the one who comes out on top..he has his head on straight. looking forward to next season. oh yea, they should get paid by discovery too.

16. Dr. Pepper Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I love Deadliest Catch, always rooting for Cornelia Marie
    And the Harris boys. I think Jake gets a bad rap
    for doing one of the hardest things ever. Admitting he is
    an addict. I don’t think he’ll fall off just knowing what it
    means to his dad.

17. Carl Pheneger Says:
    August 20th, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Deadliest catch is correct we have seen two people we know die and another boat lose four people. These are the real Guys who live by the “work hard play hard” rule.

18. Dakota Tennison Says:
    September 23rd, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Thank you everyone for being concered and having your prayers go out to me and my family. I’m justins daughter,16, and my whole family appreciates the support from everyone. It is truely amazing how people you don’t even know care so much. Thank you<3

19. Paul from Ireland Says:
    November 1st, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Dakota, You can be a very proud person,knowing your Dad was such a brave guy. All thoughts are with you and your family in these hard times. It seems you have that same tough, strong spirit as your Dad, I have no doubt he would be so proud of you. Stay Strong and keep the faith.

20. tj Says:
    November 2nd, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Keith must be REALLY short for having such a Napoleon complex. Why is he so afraid of people with a strong constitution?

21. tj Says:
    November 2nd, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Keith Colburn must be a REALLY little squirt for having such a Napoleon complex. Why is he so afraid of people with a strong constitution?

22. Josh b. Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Josh if phill was ur favorite how can you talk about his son josh like that every sinner has a future and every saint has a pass…

23. laurie Says:
    March 8th, 2013 at 11:54 am

Its now March 8th 2013 when does this years DCatch air?

24. Kris Says:
    April 29th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Seriously? How do you ask who Justin was and call yourselves fans? He was featured often on the Time Bandit. He was the one who got into it with Mike Fourtner on deck about complaining and bitching, the one Capt. Andy always called JT, and the one Scott Hillstrand was talking about kids with while going through his pics on his computer. Justin showed a pic of his daughter Dakota who was 15 at the time.

Comments