Big Brother 13 Recap: One Shot At Redemption

August 11, 2011 07:55 PM by Ryan Haidet

Tonight’s episode of Big Brother 13 was sort of like Survivor: Redemption Island — the evicted houseguest had a shot at returning to the game by battling a previously booted player.  While most of the episode surrounded that moment, another highlight came when Lawon kept bragging about his genius plan in which he asked to be evicted with the belief the twist would bring him back in the game with super powers.  Who was evicted from the house?  Lawon or Rachel?  Who returned to the game?  Read on to find out!

Lawon’s Foolish Idea

After volunteering to be nominated in Jeff’s place and asking (yes, asking!) to be evicted from the game, Lawon was bragging about his self-described bold move in the Diary Room.  “Lawon is on the block and I love it!” he shouted.  “Love it!  If I do get voted out of the house, I have a 99 percent chance of coming back into the game with super powers.  So take note, America.  Lawon made the boldest move that anyone can do in the Big Brother house.”

Too bad there are no super powers, Lawon.  Little did he know there was a second part to the twist — he would have to battle a previously evicted houseguest to re-enter the game.

To make things even worse, Lawon put on the crummiest act I’ve ever seen by pretending to be shocked Kalia put him on the chopping block.  “I’m pissed and disappointed because I didn’t think I was gonna be put up,” he told a few of the houseguests.  Although Lawon thought his acting was flawless, Shelly saw right through it.  After asking him if he volunteered to be nominated, he denied it.  But she wouldn’t let it go.  So Shelly went upstairs to the Head of Household bedroom and asked Kalia straight up if Lawon volunteered.  Kalia simply answered with a “yes.”  D’oh!  La-moron.  Looks like your acting skills are La-worthless!

Rachel’s New Allies?

Hoping to be spared from elimination, Rachel approached Daniele and Kalia to ask for some sort of deal.  Surprisingly, Daniele and Kalia seemed willing to work with their intended target.  As part of their agreement, Kalia told Rachel not to blab her mouth about their discussion or she would call her end of the deal off for good.  Then Rachel and Daniele agreed to act like they still hate each other since nobody would expect them to join forces.

But when she got in the Diary Room, Rachel said that Daniele and Kalia are going to face her wrath if they are stupid enough to keep her around for another week.

Moments later, in true Rachel style, she went downstairs to blab her mouth to Jordan and Shelly — but she spoke half truths to them.  She kept on saying that she felt threatened by Kalia and Daniele and promised that neither of them offered her a deal.

On a personal note, Rachel, I can’t stand you.  I hope you get home once this summer is over and read some of the comments my readers have posted on numerous articles about you and “your man.”  Maybe it will teach you to change your attitude.

Daniele’s Second Thoughts

Shelly, who also has a big mouth, told Daniele almost everything Rachel had just spouted off about regarding their secret discussion.  “This is unbelievable to me,” Daniele said in the Diary Room.  She was astounded Rachel wasted no time in opening her lips to blab.  Come on, Daniele.  Why wouldn’t she?  It’s Rachel we’re talking about here!

Ragan On Rachel

Ragan, who competed in the game with Rachel last season, stepped up to weigh in on her behavior this summer.  Ragan, who hated Rachel in the house, revealed that they became great friends outside of the game.  Huh?  The guy who said everything about Rachel being fake — except for the pimples on her chin?!?!  He’s even going to be a member of her wedding party!  After giving us some funny Ragan-isms about Rachel’s actions, he then compared her to a serial killer at the end of a slasher movie — she may seem down and out, but she never is.

Live Eviction — With A Twist

When the votes were made, it was truly shocking — all six people who could cast a vocal ballot chose to evict Lawon.  Even Daniele!  As Lawon gave his goodbye hugs, host Julie Chen told everybody to stop what they were doing.  She asked them to take a seat so she could explain the rest of the twist.  “For the first time in the history of Big Brother, you will need to battle your way back,” she told Lawon.  “Who will you be battling?”  When Julie revealed one of the first four evicted players would be his opponent, Rachel’s jaw hit the floor.

Battle It Out

America voted for the entire week on which player they wanted to see return for the battle — Keith, Cassi, Dominic or Brendon.  Julie said that more than two million votes were cast.  With more than one million of those votes, America chose Brendon.  Here’s when Rachel jumped up with loads of excitement like an idiot whack-a-mole.  I truly thought this would be no contest with Dominic dominating the vote.  Seriously, America!  What are you thinking?!?!  You really voted for Brendon?!?!  More than one million votes?!?!  I call bull.  I don’t believe this vote one bit and I want CBS to prove it to us.  It seems like they realize the potential for more drama with Brendon and Rachel back together.  Anybody else agree with me?  Doesn’t this all feel like a ratings scam?  It sure does to me!

It would have been so much better had Rachel been evicted and then forced to battle Brendon.  But knowing his knight-in-shining-armor-like (blech) ways, Brendon would have probably let her win.

For the challenge, 150 balls were dropped from above — each one featuring a houseguest’s name.  The first player to get one ball for each of the 14 players (or the most after three minutes) and roll it up a ramp into a huge hole would re-enter the house.  Think of it as a giant game of skee-ball with one hole.

This wasn’t even a contest.  Brendon couldn’t have had it any easier.  It was almost like Lawon was competing like he was born without arms.  How hard is it to roll a ball up a ramp into a GIANT hole?!?!  So much for super powers, Lawon.  That’s what you get for asking to be evicted.  As Rachel annoyingly rooted for Brendon on the sidelines, he whomped on Lawon.

Yes, you can all gag!  Brendon is back in the house.

Are you disgusted that Brendon is back in the house?  How dumb do you think Lawon is?  Who do you think will win the next HoH?  Who will that person nominate for eviction?  Sound off and leave us a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Big Brother and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!

Photos courtesy: CBS

Topics: Big Brother, CBS Reality TV Shows |

26 Responses to “Big Brother 13 Recap: One Shot At Redemption”

1. Kim Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I’m glad Brendon is back. I hope either he or Rachel win. It’s a game and not everyone is a hater. People are different outside of that house.

2. jessie Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I’m absolutely disgusted with america voting brendon back in to the house. How is that even possible, with his partner being RACHEL?! Now Dani and Kalia are absolutely fucked unless Dani can pull off a win with HoH.. Lawan is an idiot for his decision, Kalia was an idiot for backing down and not getting rachel out. I’m so annoyed with this right now, I was seriously expecting Dom to come back.

3. Marrs Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 9:14 pm

WHAT?!? America votes BRENDAN back in the house?? I have a very, very hard time believing that. The producers angled this twist to re-empower JEFF & JORDAN, their sure-fire stars. Brendan is a JERK, and he with Rachel are both horribly behaved. The remaining houseguests will NEVER ban together to survive this– they will all be eliminated, with Daniele greeting them at the jury house.
    I really like Daniele and I’ve only been watching to root for her. Now, she’s totally screwed.
    Another thing: the producers put those six “veterans” in a house with imbeciles so they would have an easy chance to dominate. Kalia, whom I was rooting for this week, showed her true colors as a spineless, gutless floater. BIG DUMB MOVES.
    This game sucks now.

4. Kristin Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I will no longer watch. I’m disgusted. I think sending one back is unfair to the rest of the house.

5. Bryan Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I am never watching this show again

6. Jose Says:
    August 11th, 2011 at 10:50 pm

CBS obviously rigged the voting. There’s no way anyone would want Brendan back. He was one of the least popular contestants and his coming back will unfaily unbalance the house in favor of the couples.

7. wes Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 4:24 am

Haven’t watched BB in several several seasons only to watch this one…horrible …America never voted pompous Brendan back in its a ruse!!! Anyways I thought survivor was bad with producer interference but BB is really really bad …oh yeah gotta say the 3 episodes a week is ridiculous too cut out all the crap and make it one episode a week. Sorry I digress with that …the ruse was absurd and they couldn’t have picked a more lobsided eviction challenge for Brendan to get back into the game..a physical and athletic challenge???? BB have you seen Lawon???? Come on BB the only thing worse would have been if they did a double veto challenge the week Brendan was evicted.

8. karen Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 4:39 am

America voted him in to see him face off with Rachel.

9. Opal Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 4:39 am

I have been a fan for ever…. I couldn’t wait for the new season, but after seeing the first show with all of the old people, I realized that CBS is desperate!! What happened to the regular Big Brother with new people who you can form new opinions on….why brig in old players and stupid (rigged) twists. I TOLD MY NEPHEWS THAT CBS WOULD BRING BRANDAN BACK B/C THEY WANT RATINGS AND DRAMA. I am no longer watching…Maybe next year they will produce the real Big Brother show. SMH

10. Alan Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 4:45 am

I’m happy to see Brendon and Rachel back together. My family and I are fans of Brenchel since last season, we gave 120 votes to Brendon.

11. Ladyj Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 5:46 am

I am so done with this show. Brendon & Rachel are disgusting and Jeff & Jordan were my favorites at first, now they are bullies. Kalia needs to go home next week for being stupid and weak.

12. lisa Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 6:17 am

I voted brendan back in….him, rachel, jeff and jordan and the strongest players and thats who you want to see compete!!

13. BrenchelHater Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 6:28 am

I cant believe how stupid the houseguests were to keep Racho or that AC was Brendumb. CBS Managed to rig the show yet again for drama and ratings. Alot of people are not happy with this decision but im sure will still watch in hopes that they get the boot again soon. So much for “reality” tv. Just admit its more scripted than anything.

14. Alicia Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 8:19 am

Ryan Haidet you such a hater.
    I and everyone I know really like Brendon and Rachel. The show would be boring without them. What’s wrong with a little drama? Deal with it and grow up! Everyone is not cookie cutter. Who gives a hoot if you stop watching the show? Would you prefer they sit around cuddling each other all day in the house….it’s just a game!
    If it’s such a problem, stop blogging about it then.

15. Tim Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 8:25 am

I also thought Dominic was a shoe-in to win and was shocked when Julie said Brendon would come back! I thought American hates him but yet we picked him, I call bull.

Some other people are wondering if the producers told Lawon there might be a super power to the person who comes back in a Diary Room session. Have to admit I kinda wonder that because this outcome makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

1. Kalia targets Rachel for eviction.

2. Lawon, out of nowhere, thinks super powers are involved in coming back and so offers himself up for eviction. Not just being a pawn, but eviction!

3. Kalia wants to work with her target for eviction!

4. America’s favorite douchebag gets chosen by America to display more douchbaggery….. O_O

5. In the contest the other houseguests could help the competitors! How is that even remotely fair when you get outside help during a competition. Rachel was screaming the answers to Brendon the entire time. Only after Brendon was clearly going to win did the other houseguests start to help poor Lawon.

16. fireeyes Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 8:59 am

Every poll I looked at showed either Cassie or Dom leading. I knew that if Brendon came back into the house that the vote meant nothing. Allison Grodner/Big Brother wanted Brendon back in, plain and simple.
    What I don’t understand is why Big Brother endorses an abuser. He is dreadful to Rachel and I wish she’d see that he is abusive towards her and dump his ass.

17. Lorraine Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 9:17 am

Are u kidding me american WHAT is wrong with you guys bringing back brendan all rachel does is cry, cry, and cry . They need to get rid of the two of them ,and let the others have a chance to win . The both stink. And if Rachel doesnt win she gets mad as hell what was c.b.s thinking . Just for the rating are u kidding me . Please play the game and get those two out .

18. Sherry Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 10:05 am

Totallllly rigged! I agree with above — America would not have casted that many votes for Brendan — he’s an egotistical idiot! I hope he and Rachael lose every game they play!

19. deepor Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 10:49 am

Well, Dani won the HOH, so, bye bye Brenchel…AGAIN!!!!!

20. DJ Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 12:57 pm

It does not matter to me if Brendan is back or not. I would love to see Jeff win but if it is between Jordan or Jeff, they will likely give it to Jordan again. Rachel is a good player but a sore loser and Brendan and her relationship is nerve racking at times. They deserve to be in the game the play well. Lawon, I loved this guy he was funny but really stupid. Never volunteer to be voted out there are not guarantees to return what a dumb a– play. WHY – I wonder what is wrong with some of these players that come into the house some seasons, you would think they never watched the show.

21. cris Says:
    August 12th, 2011 at 1:00 pm

omg really brandon?? what the hell?? and jeff and jordan where my fav. team..but thay have become such bullies that i dislike them now..ugh this show is pissing me off!!!!!!

22. cindi Says:
    August 13th, 2011 at 3:39 am

Brendan back on is seriously a fixed plot!!! He & Rachel make me sick when they are together. Brendan going to school for what a Doctor, who would hire him after seeing the way he acts with Rachel? Rachel made a comment to Brendan 1 time about whats he upset about, hes got a beautiful, sexy woman. Gross!!! She thinks of herself as beautiful & sexy??? Are you kidding me? There is nothing beautiful or sexy about a grown woman acting like a 10 y/o child. She is just nasty!!! And then there is Shelly, she think of herself as very clever, guess what? Shes not! If she only knew how stupid she looks when she votes someone out and kisses her 2 fingers. Ok, enough with the bashing….Dani, I hope you take over the BB house and win. Dom should of been back in, I think the rating would have been even better had he gotten back in. And for the sake of the viewers, get Brendan & Rachel out of that house!!!

23. LadyV6905 Says:
    August 14th, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I am sooooo sick of CBS catering to the “veterans”. This was definitely rigged. We look forward to different people each season. They are making it into the Brendan/Rachel, and Jeff & Jordon show. CBS is turning into the Apprentice, so much drama that it makes you stop watching it. Come one Julie, don’t be like Donald. You might as well pick the winners yourselves…if you don’t already do it. STOP!

24. Cheri Says:
    August 14th, 2011 at 6:12 pm

So disappointed with this seasons Big Brother, don’t like the twists don’t like them having veterans joining in with the new guests, I’m so disappointed I will not continue to watch it and I won’t watch it in the future.

25. Doug Says:
    August 14th, 2011 at 8:33 pm

This is so disgusting, god I cant stand Brendon and Rachel… both whiners… Go Brendoooonnnnn!, No body messes with my man… PUKE!!!

26. Jessi Says:
    August 15th, 2011 at 8:02 am

People who say that the votes for Brendan were rigged or fixed are lying to themselves or afraid to face the truth. The millions of people who voted for Brendan want the drama that everybody here does not want to watch on BB.

Comments