Kate Plus 8 Canceled by TLC: Kate Gosselin Responds via Twitter

August 16, 2011 06:49 AM by Martha Zaborowski

TLC has canceled Kate Plus 8.  TLC has issued a statement: “TLC has decided not to renew another season of Kate Plus 8. By the end of this season Kate Plus 8 will have hit the 150 episode mark (including Jon & Kate Plus 8); an exceptional milestone. TLC hopes to check in with Kate and the family periodically with specials in the future.”  What does Kate Gosselin have to say about this?

Kate has responded through her twitter handle, KatePlusMy8:

We’ve had a great run! Six years of whirlwind fun filled adventures thanks to TLC and our many many supportive & diehard fans! … While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning!) … we are looking forward with great anticipation to our bright future! As is very typical for me, I am choosing to  to see the positive in this situation and I am excited to consider the many more invigorating opportunities that may come my way!I poured my entire self in2 last 6 yrs of ‘Kate+8′& I can’t wait2have the chance2challenge myself again w future endeavors!… And maybe even some dating??!! We wish our fans well. And remember, this is not ‘goodbye’.I prefer to say ‘See you around!’ Xoxo … we will all stay on twitter! I know I’m not going anywhere!

After issuing her Twitter statement, Kate spent the rest of the morning afternoon retweeting fans’ supportive messages. At least we know Kate is at peace in her divorce with Jon Gosselin. She reveals on a recent episode of Kate Plus 8: “I am glad to be divorced and on my own.” And as she revealed on Twitter, she is open to “some dating.”

Is this the end of Kate Gosselin’s 15 minutes? Will she reemerge on a dating show? Are you interested in what happens to Kate Gosselin next?

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great Kate Plus 8 news, please feel free to check out SirLinks A Lot: Reality Television and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo courtesy of TLC

Topics: Kate Gosselin, Kate Plus 8, TLC Reality TV Shows |

22 Responses to “Kate Plus 8 Canceled by TLC: Kate Gosselin Responds via Twitter”

1. DeniseNY Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 7:06 am

Best news I’ve heard all month!

2. Emily Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 7:18 am

Thank goodness, I DO NOT watch her anymore, but her 15 minutes of fame ARE OVER!

3. nina Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 7:22 am

THANK GOD! IT is time for this to be over -

4. David L. Smith Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 7:26 am

It’s about time. Time will showw how this experience messed up those children. Kate was always more obsessed with fame & celebrity that she was being a mother.

5. Abby Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 7:30 am

TLC did not do this family any favors in allowing the children to continually be exploited. I certainly hope all the money made from the show and any other appearances, books, promotions has been set aside in a trust for these childrens’ future. They should all now be set for life and not have to participate in another freak show.

6. Sheila Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 7:31 am

Gee – no more Kate and Jon bickering for the camera, no more show. What a surprise.

7. Elle Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 7:32 am

The kids are adorable.. but, I think it’s time for Kate to get a real job and a real life. Be nice for her to have some “normalcy” again and I am sure it will be good for the kids. Good luck to them all.

8. carol Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 7:48 am

We are sorry to see the Gosselins go, but I am sure they will continue to live thier lives without the cameras. It will actually be a more normal and wholesome life for the kids to learn they do not have to be the center of attention.

9. Doris E. Morlachetta Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 7:49 am

Sorry to see KatePlus8 canceled. How will she feed
    all those kids & pay the bills? Wish her all the best. God Bless.

10. Texanne Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 7:52 am

It’s time for the show to end. I was getting tired of seeing Kate bitching at everybody. She probably wanted too much money to continue the show.

11. bigE Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 8:02 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

about time someone at these so called “networks” uses their heads…. can that same person head over to the Kardashian set an pull that plug too…and on the way hit the Jersey shore set, and the housewives and all the other low life scumbag no name wanna be “celebrity” shows so we can get back to REAL tv….REAL entertainment instead of this mindless, puke invoking krap that hores out children.

12. Donna Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 8:04 am

13. Diva Dana Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 8:22 am

We have seen enough of her and her no talent bitchiness. It has shown that she is more concerned for her and her TV career rather then her responsibility for being a parent. It is obvious why Jon had to leave. Regarding a “dating show” … there would be no candidates as no guy wants to take her on… let alone the baggage.
    She should not be given anymore spotlight or opportunities (which should be given to people with talent).
    Enough of her please!!!

14. Monique Greendale Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 8:26 am

Ding-dong the witch is dead!

15. SharoninPA Says:
    August 16th, 2011 at 8:27 am

Thank heavens someone finally got the idea that this money-grubbing woman needs to spend her life in oblivion. I’m sorry, there are families who have this many children and do not get once ounce of help, sympathy or t.v. shows…they struggle (and may live below the economic standards) but here’s this so-called-mother pandering her kids and herself for trips, money and other crap. GOOD BYE Kate G and don’t come back, no more, no more!!!

16. Shash Says:
    August 17th, 2011 at 10:52 am

Finally!!! So glad that the media whore is going away. Too bad she wasted the money on her phony boobs. Cannot wait to read Madys expose’ when she hits 16!

17. Chris Says:
    August 17th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Oh, no…please no future “endeavors”–just get those children some help, get yourself a real job, fire the bodyguard and stay out of the limelight. Your children won’t know normalcy at all if you continue down the same road in search of another tv quest. JUST BE A MOM!!!!! Personally, I think America was sick to death of you. I know I was!
    Won’t miss your complaining ways, your snobbery or your obnoxious attitude. Your children need a great therapist!

18. JoN Vetec Says:
    August 20th, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Kate needs to take a long look at her life.
    Please let your kids be kids so what if they make a mess thats what kids do.You changed and entertainment world has no place for u

19. Mady Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 11:14 am

Im going to miss Kate so much! I cried last time her showed ended. And im guessing ill cry this time to. Kate has been my hero since the first season! I love her and her kids and my dream would be to met her. Good luck kate your a great mother and person! You make me happy everyday. Love you lots,
    Mady <3 :)

20. Candie Says:
    September 26th, 2011 at 8:18 am

Good Luck!!May God Bless You and the children!!!!!!

21. schelle Says:
    November 22nd, 2011 at 7:30 pm

It is about time.. I got tired of her passive agressive behaviors by season 3. I only hope she is a better mom than wife and does not screw up the kids self esteem like she did her husbands.

22. Good4Her Says:
    February 14th, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Good for her, to have time to get on with her own life. I might not praise everything she’s done- but you have to admire the woman for doing what she had to do to feed her family when her husband sure wasn’t trying to do anything extra to give their family more. Once I’ve watched some of the episodes a second or third time I can see how she was getting little or no help from Jon and it wore on her. It would on any sane woman. We all can only take so much and then it just becomes that we either have to medicated or stop caring all together about that person’s feelings to save ourselves from being co-dependent. It just happens. It happens to people without kids. I still say that no matter what she did, that was no cause for him cheating and giving that horror off to Kate and the kids to continually relive. That’s just unforgivable.

Comments