August 17, 2011 07:08 PM by Ryan Haidet
Tonight’s episode of Big Brother 13 featured a weird mix of events. In addition to a funny comment about killing a zombie from Daniele during the Power of Veto Ceremony, Shelly finally got to speak to her family as Jordan was punished with the humilitard. What else went down? Read on to find out!
Frustrated With Rachel
Even though Daniele nominated her for eviction, Shelly was more upset with Rachel than anybody. Shelly was disgusted that Rachel was spreading lies about a supposed deal she made to get to the final three. Despite video evidence that showed Shelly asking if they (Brendon and Rachel) would ever take her to the end of the game, Shelly denied ever being part of that agreement.
Rachel then claimed in front of the entire house that Shelly even suggested they get Jordan out of the house next. Shelly jumped to her feet and immediately denied everything Rachel was saying. Shelly even looked to Jeff and Jordan saying that was all a lie.
The houseguests gathered together in the backyard for the PoV competition, which was essentially a giant game of cornhole. The only two not selected to participate were Brendon and Rachel. Woo hoo! No shot at winning the PoV! That’s awesome!
Anyway, the competition featured several single-elimination rounds. Each time somebody was eliminated from the contest, they won a prize — one of which was the PoV. But those eliminated next in line also had the opportunity to trade their prize for something somebody else had already won.
Here’s how it broke down:
- Shelly was eliminated first when she was the only person who missed the board. Her prize was the PoV.
- Jordan was the second person eliminated and her prize was 24 hours of solitary confinement, which included a phone call from home. Jordan was initially ready to accept the prize, but realized it would probably mean more to Shelly. So Jordan traded the PoV with Shelly.
- Kalia was eliminated next and won a Caribbean vacation. She kept the prize. “There goes our honeymoon,” Rachel said as she watched from the sidelines.
- Daniele was out next (after several perfect scores) and won a Veto ticket, which guarantees she competes in next week’s Veto competition. She kept it.
- After Daniele promised that he was not the target this week, Jeff threw the competition and won $5,000. He obviously kept it.
- Adam was the last man standing and his prize was initially the humilitard — the most humiliating unitard in Big Brother history. He quickly traded the humilitard with Jordan and took the PoV for himself.
Punishment Mixed With Love
Shelly’s 24 hours of solitary confinement were held inside the Have-Nots bedroom. For her time inside the room, Shelly was supplied with bread, water, slop and a small toilet in the corner. After painfully waiting for the phone to ring, Shelly was finally given the opportunity to talk with her husband and daughter. She was instantly brought to tears as she heard their voices for the first time in weeks. “I miss you,” her daughter said with teary eyes. When they all said goodbye, Shelly sat down on the bed and cried tears of joy. She said it was her happiest day in the house. At the end of her 24 hours, the rest of the house surprised Shelly with food and an ice-cold drink.
Jordan was then called into the Diary Room so she could be suited up in the humilitard. It was weird green color with a pink tutu. It said “I’m with stupid” on the front with an arrow pointing up at her face.
Killing The Zombie
Concerned that his return to the house would be short, Brendon and Rachel worked on Daniele once more. They concocted a plan to backdoor either Jeff or Jordan, while promising 100 percent loyalty for the rest of the game. “If you keep us both here, that’s two more people that are gonna be on your side,” Rachel said.
But it didn’t work…
At the Veto Ceremony, Adam removed himself from the chopping block. Daniele immediately rose to her feet and nominated Brendon for eviction once again. She compared Brendon’s life in the house to that of a zombie that just won’t die no matter how many times they’ve tried to kill it.
I love it! Are we ready to see Rachel cry as Brendon walks out the door again?
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Big Brother and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.
For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!
Photos courtesy: CBS