August 17, 2011 07:27 AM by Lisa Princ

Last night on Fox‘s Masterchef, we watched the season two finale, in which Jennifer Behm’s braised quail blew the judges away and earned her the win. But, did the judges make the right decision? Time to sound off!

Masterchef on Fox ended the second season as we watched Jennifer Behm walk away with $250,000 and the Masterchef title, but not everyone seems to agree that she should have won. In a shocker prior to the final challenge, we watched as Christian Collins, who was a strong but arrogant contestant all season, get eliminated, leaving only Jennifer and Adrien Nieto. Many fans had hoped to see the feud between Jennifer and Christian carry out into the finale – were you one of them?

Adrien Nieto really impressed the judges with his short ribs, but was the fact that the pressure cooker did most of the work on them the reason he was not granted the win? Adrien also took a lot more time and technique in making his dessert, so we are left wondering why Jennifer was chosen over him. Obviously, Jennifer Behm did manage to make a stunning quail, but her scallops and dessert seemed to fall short in the judges’ eyes, where Adrien only seemed to fail on his dessert.

So, the question remains – did the judges make the right decision, or should Adrien Nieto have won it all? Why do you think Jennifer Behm was chosen when both contestants seemed to do equally as well? Comment and share your thoughts with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Masterchef news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Masterchef and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, MasterChef |

9 Responses to “Masterchef Crowned A Season Two Winner Last Night, But Did The Judges Make The Right Decision?”

1. Melanie Says:
    August 17th, 2011 at 7:43 am

I really thought Adrien was going to win the whole thing. But, as long as Christian wasn’t declared the winner, I’m fine with the outcome!

2. Bravo51 Says:
    August 17th, 2011 at 8:56 am

my question who cares the show is over move on. what they do now isn’t any concern to me or to you. it’s like america’s next top model, dancer, singer who cares what happens after the winner is picked you got your enjoyment from the wasteland of so called “reality” tv. it’s not like what the so called “winner” does after the show matters to your life or mine or any one’s for that fact we all forget them in a month.

3. Smurfe Says:
    August 17th, 2011 at 9:03 am

I am a huge Hispanic food fan and cook a lot of Hispanic food but have to say that Jennifer’s food looked better and sounded better. Plus, we didn’t get to taste it but putting the flavor profiles together in my head, I think they made the right choice. Congrats to both of them. Event though he didn’t win, I am sure the benefits are going to pay off big time for him.

I don’t think Adrien should of been “gigged” for using a pressure cooker though. A pressure cooker is not an automatic for fantastic meat dishes. I also really think his cake lost it for him. I knew it was going to be dry. I think if it would of been “decent” he would of walked away with the crown.

Remember to that his seasoning of his appetizer overpowered the main ingredient. Sure, it probably tasted good but that isn’t the only criteria in a competition. I cook a lot of Hispanic dishes with shrimp and have done the same thing myself. It might taste great but I couldn’t taste the shrimp. Why even use it?

4. Mexican Guy Ripped Off Says:
    August 17th, 2011 at 9:51 am

She won cause of her “marketability” to the public most Americans hate Mexicans.

5. Carrie Copsin Says:
    August 17th, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I knew from the beginning that Jennifer was going to win, it was the way the judges treated her. I just knew she is white and blonde that makes a winner, the hispanic should not be number one. I hope the race card was not played in this show. Chef Ramsey the number 1 food in America is Mexican food. Now you know that Adrian had the best presentations, and should have won..I probably won’t watch next year, and lot of my friends said they won’t either…

6. Shenequah Dunlop Says:
    August 19th, 2011 at 10:03 am

First of all she was I good cook but Adrien showed more skill. I’m a Culinary Studant in North Carolina and I have to say that Jennifer’s food would not pass my teachers classes and I don’t know how Chefs passed her and let her win. First let me start with the app, yesthe scallops looked pretty but they were “DIRTY”.My chef whould not even ate the things cause they were not cleaned right( Cooking 101 sweetie)and the egg should have been in the middle of the plate with maybe the scallops on the white of the egg(plating a dish is 101 cooking too) and the entree, the Quail was not pretty it was white and I know you don’t cook it all the way done do make the skin brown by maybe putting it under the broiler for a minute just to make it have eye appeal. Last was that sorry dessert that my 9 year old friends daughter could make, Please Mr. Gordon loved this so called pretty lady from the first day. Sorry Adrien, Just let me know where you are cooking at and I’ll be there. I use to love Mr. Gordon but this was a bad choice and I can’t watch his shows any more. And to think I was gona apply to be on the show after I graduate, not now ..

7. MEL Says:
    August 22nd, 2011 at 7:10 am

I think the judges made the right choice – Adrien will be able to have more opportunities he can accept than Jennifer, who is currently relegated to the cookbook and appearances. Both were deserving though so I would be happy with either winning.

Christian was not going to win because his attitude would not translate into book sales. Had he been more humble and kinder to his fellow contestants – just letting the food speak for him – he may have pulled it out and it’d been a different finale.

8. Sue Says:
    April 23rd, 2012 at 8:15 am

I think its ridiculos she won, and even the fact she wasnt kicked out earlier! She made alot of HUGE mistakes in her cooking early on, and lets face its, shes been a huge bitch the entire show. If anyone has been trashtalking, its her. I really hate her, and I have not been impressed by her cooking AT ALL. The judges have been favoring her, and it is really unfair. I have lost alot of respect for those judges after watching them favoring jennifer like that. She is a nasty person, and she seems very into herself, and she really thinks she is something, when her cooking is really lacking. (fex. when she got placed top 3 with that meatloaf she did, seriously? whats new and inspiring with that meatloaf, it was just a standard one! any idiot who could have made it)

Not to mention her laugh! Cant stand it!

jennifer is just a stupid bitch with a fat ass.

9. Mortos Da Soul Stealer Says:
    October 14th, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Seriously, even in Jennifer’s interviews she talks about Adrien like she knows he is better than here.

News Flash: He is.

News Flash: For anybody paying attention and not in bias denial–this ain’t news.

Comments