Billy Ray Cyrus Is Going To Be A Grandfather!

August 25, 2011 06:01 PM by Lisa Princ

Billy Ray Cyrus, who was partnered with Karina Smirnoff on the fourth season of Dancing With The Stars on ABC, is going to be a grandfather! Read on for all the details!

Dancing With The Stars’ season four contestant, and country music singer, Billy Ray Cyrus is going to be a grandfather in the near future, as the news of a new pregnancy emerged yesterday. Before you get the wrong idea, it is not Miley who is expecting, but Billy Ray Cyrus’ eldest son Trace and his girlfriend, Brenda Song of Disney’s “The Suite Life Of Zach & Cody,” who leaked the news that they were expecting yesterday. The news comes just as Billy Ray Cyrus celebrates his 50th birthday as well – what a nice birthday present, isn’t it?

Billy Ray Cyrus did not comment on the news yet, but we are sure he and his wife are excited, as Billy has told Parade Magazine in the past: “I pray for my kids that they live their life with purpose, knowing that it’s about giving back and finding out what you can do in this world to hopefully make it a better place,” when asked about fathering advice. Billy Ray Cyrus is best known for his mega hit “Achy Breaky Heart,” which reached #1 on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart, as well as his role as the dad of “Hannah Montana.”

A big congratulations to Billy Ray Cyrus and his family, we look forward to hearing all about the newest member to the Cyrus family! Be sure to check out our other post all about Billy Ray Cyrus’ new single!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great Dancing With the Stars news, please feel free to check out Sir Links A Lot: Dancing With The Stars and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo courtesy of ABC!

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Dancing With the Stars |

57 Responses to “Billy Ray Cyrus Is Going To Be A Grandfather!”

1. Dale Says:
    August 25th, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Another celebrity having a baby without marriage.

2. Derek Says:
    August 25th, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Who gives a crap they aren’t married? Like you’re so perfect? Stupid Christians needs to practice what they preach… that’s why no one takes you seriously anymore.

3. renelle Says:
    August 25th, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I love Brenda Song and give her best wishes for her and the baby.

4. Geo Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 6:07 am

Brenda Song?! as in suite life of zack and cody? wow, thats kinda weird

5. Lessa Rook Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 7:19 am

I thought Billy Ray and his wife were divorced, or was it publicity for Miley? Hopefully his son will stick around for this child. So many single men leave after they realize what’s involved with raising a child.

6. Dan Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 7:54 am

His grown son having a baby out of wedlock? No, that is not a good birthday present. It is a shame. This is the kind of moral decay that our young people do not need to know about. The family should be ashamed and should have hidden this news out of guilt and a respect for society. Can GOD forgive them? Yes! I hope they seek His forgiveness! But, to flaunt their immorality is disgusting!

7. sha Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 9:59 am

hey miley are u pergent and congrats if you are let me know

8. Someone Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Derek – Suck it idiot.

9. rich Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Derek – atheists like you go to hell – at least we Christians have morals and beliefs

10. Brandon Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I had so much respect for Brenda Song….. She was like my role model. Now, I don’t know what to think. Now that all is said and done, I wish her the best, but I wish that she would’ve waited.

11. kelly Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 4:54 pm

who cares if the kid is in or out of wedlock. The divorce rate in this country is at least 50% so why would anyone in their right mind get married. Because it’s the “christian” thing to do. Well christians are over rated. Organized religion is a joke. It’s all about the money they can bring into their church. We have too many “preachers” involved in drugs, hookers and pedophilia. Let’s remember that A BABY IS A GOOD THING! And if you go the christian route a baby is a “GIFT FROM GOD” and god doesn’t make mistakes!! So are the good christians saying that this baby is a mistake on God’s part?

12. kelly Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Hey Dan: I thought a baby was a gift from GOD?!!! If so are you saying that this baby is a MISTAKE? thought your “god” didn’t make mistakes

13. Bill Says:
    August 26th, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Just had my 8th grandchild Monday. Nothing greater. Congratulations Billy Ray. Like grandma (my wife) likes to say “If she knew how great grandchildren are; she would have had them first.” HaHa

14. Sherry Says:
    September 5th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Is anyone surprised? He is not a father, does not control his family.

15. sylvia Says:
    March 9th, 2012 at 4:02 am

a child wil never be a mistake the only problem is how we have it and the time we have it but dispite that a baby wil always be a bessing….

16. Razor Says:
    April 9th, 2012 at 8:52 pm

1. Can we stop the stupid debate about Christians in the comments its offensive to those of us who are not preaching or saying its right or wrong. Not all of us are that idealistic. GOD! Why do I say this…cause I had a kid outta wedlock :T Given it did not live long but still.

2. Good for them may they be happy.

17. Silje Says:
    May 1st, 2012 at 2:15 am

Billy Ray Cyrus is not the father of Trace. He did not adopt him either, he just changed his last name.

18. Lynn Says:
    May 6th, 2012 at 8:38 am

Ok, really?? Well congrats to Trace and Brenda. I hope your baby is born healthy and happy. They are both adults, I’m sure they knew what they were doing when they decided to get together so let them have their happy moment. At least the baby won’t be born into a family where they can not take care of it. All we need to hope for is this baby is loved, healthy and taken care of.

19. Carol Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 9:30 am

I’m a Christian… and I had a child out of wedlock many years ago. She was the best thing that ever happened to me. Made me grow up real quick. No doubt their baby will be loved very much.

20. Max Says:
    May 27th, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Really who are we to Judge, last time I check the Bible said that we are not to judge or we will be judged by the same measure! So a really true Christian would know that God gave us all “Free Will” otherwise we all would be perfecto and there wouldn’t be a need to have earth we all would be in heaven!!! duh A baby out of wedlock is created out of sin but God turns bad things into miracles that is why Children are a gift from God!!! When we judge we are no different than the ones that commited sin! So I will do what what my God has taught me and say congrats to the Miracle that has been give to Trace and Brenda! Quick don’t hurry but everybody grow up and learn to think before you type!!! :)

21. Buchi Says:
    May 30th, 2012 at 4:49 am

@Max:you are so right.But really,God have mercy on us all.

22. Dennis Says:
    June 10th, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Hey Dan, shut up with that right wing religious nonsesne.! Let people live their own lives. Go work for Rick Santorum if you think youre holy enough! The two of you can bitch about the re-definition of marriage

Shouldn’t you be out killing an abortion doctor?

23. Hannah Says:
    June 16th, 2012 at 5:40 am

I was really excited for them but not anymore. Look at the date she would have had the baby by now. Such a shame that people have to make this up!

24. Daisy Says:
    June 19th, 2012 at 10:51 am

Why do HETEROsexuals fight against marriage saying marriage doesn’t matter and “it’s just a piece of paper” whereas HOMOsexuals fight for marriage saying “it’s so important”? – anybody know the answer to that? Just wondering.

25. sally Says:
    June 27th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Trace Cyrus – one scary dude.

26. DollopyDaisy Says:
    July 19th, 2012 at 11:49 am

It’s not true. They said Brenda was pregnant before, but she’s really not. Watch, nine months will go by, and her stomach will be as flat as a pancake.

27. Pat Says:
    July 20th, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Great. Another unwed mother ruining society. Gross. Just get married for Pete’s sake. Oh, I forgot, it’s too much of a responsibility to commit to the person you’re bringing another human being into the world with. Again, gross. And before anyone gets upset, go educate yourselves on the fact that the vast, vast, vast majority of criminals and other disturbed people and lowlifes are the product of illegitimacy. While rich celebrities give the go-ahead for the other “parents” of society. Gross.

28. dp Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 7:18 am

The young people today have no morals. Old fashioned ways have gone by the wayside. Its such a shame. I still believe in engagement, marriage and babies.

29. seriously? Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:26 pm

wow,, people seriously need to grow up,, 1 who doesnt have a baby,, two who gives a sh*t about celbs anyways.. Theyre all going to be the first ones to go when the world end bc they wont know how to do things them self’s and plus money wont mean anything. Also a baby is a baby, no one should be lashing out at a CHILD bc they’re parents are wanna be stars,, another things this is for everyone who keeps talking bad bout the God situation,, SHUT THE F*CK UP HONETLY ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM AND IF U HAVE A F*CKING PROBLEM THEN LEAVE THIS PAGE SERIOUSLY NO ONE IS PERFECT AND IM 100% THAT ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE TYPING THEIR LITTLE SELF CENTERED FINGERS AWAY ARE PROBLEY SITTING AT HOME ON THE COUCH WITHOUT A LIFE SO THEY GET ON HERE TO “ACT” LIKE THEY’RE BEING HEARD

30. jackie demace Says:
    July 26th, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Why dont u all mind your own business? I don’t remember these 2 parents (to be) asking anyones opinion! And, I am sure that each and everyone who is against this, has someone in the family who isnt married with children. This is 2012, GOD ACCEPTS ALL!!!

31. Emma Says:
    July 30th, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Rich-go and get a life please it’s not your place to decide who goes to he’ll or not ok and also who cares if the baby is born out of wedlock it’s not like brenda’s related to you do stop posting your stupid negitive comments.

32. michelle Says:
    August 3rd, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I think Brenda Song is a beautiful, talented, and classy woman. I personally think she can do better than Trace Cyrus. I wish them all the health and happiness that a new baby can bring.

33. Anny Says:
    August 6th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

For all of those saying crap about God and the baby! Go read your bible and you would know for yourself! It’s all in the bible NOT the preacher! If u don’t believe in God don’t comment about him! I just hope she raises her baby to be a good person and wish her luck!

34. joojy Says:
    August 7th, 2012 at 5:59 am

well.. having a baby this way is not something to be ashamed of to most christians unfortunatly. Although I believe 100% that it’s wrong.. I really don’t have respect to those who live their lives this way! All they care about is living the way they desire with no limits and at the same time they believe they will end up in heaven!! please don’t say it’s the 21 century where you must be open minded! It’s sad how they abandoned their morals and religion simply under the name of modernization! If you think about it.. why would the god creat something called marriage? To let you have what you couldn’t get before marriage. what’s the point of marriage if you actully end up like married people although you are not?!!!! Of course this explaines the reason of having high rating of divorce, because it’s against humans nature that created by God.

35. John Gordon Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

The kids today are worthless…Sex ,sex , is all they know . Marriage, respect?what is that? Mommy and Dada are so happy there son knocked this broad up Good for the next Elvis[RIGHT] . he should be so proud of his kids.

36. She is not Pregnant Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 8:47 pm

This is a lie. Check the date August 25th 2011. Its Now August 10th 2012. There is no news of her having a baby. She don’t even have a belly.

37. Sasha - Lee Says:
    August 11th, 2012 at 2:40 am

I also believe that we shouldn’t have kids unless we’re married and yet I’m only 16, but it’s all up to Brenda and Trace, it’s their life, if they want 2 have children without wedlock, then they will have 2 answer to God 1 day so just leave them alone and let them do what they want 2

38. tracey Says:
    August 12th, 2012 at 5:10 pm

omgosh shut up congrads brenda one im a christian spirtualist i believe in God but dont think all of us are hyprocritical like that guy on here and christianity isnt overrated its been destroyed with lies anyways the point is the few us that havent been forced to believe wearing red lipstick will send you to hell well be open minded and be congrads and no our god doesnt make mistakes people do so stop lumping all of us together NOT ALL OF US ARE BAD!!!!!!

39. stupid Says:
    August 13th, 2012 at 1:00 am

This whole argument is stupid. The people saying “kids theres days” and “this generation” are dumb. How about we say if people of YOUR generation are so awesome why didn’t you guys raise your children to be responsible adults? Maybe if the former generation raise better children they wouldn’t all be getting pregnant at a young age. Granted yes i believe you should be married before you have a child but im not going to shove it in someones face saying they are now going to go do hell for it. Get lives

40. Jeremiah Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

why is everyone even worried about who is having a baby? how about our economy? lets fix that so at least the baby can have a stable place to live when it grows up!!!

41. ImaniIsFaith Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 10:35 am

Congratulations Billy Ray!

42. uh.... Says:
    August 16th, 2012 at 8:46 am

They broke up right after Miley got engaged.

43. Lindsey Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Why is everyone saying “This generation.” You know because most of this generation. is making the mistake to get pregnant at fourteen fifteen sixteen not all of us are. I am not a Christian I am a Nyxist and I love my Goddess I am still staying a virgin because I don’t want to get a douche bag guy that knocks me up and leaves me. And you know maybe if parents actually cared where there kids were half the time they wouldn’t be out getting pregnant,so you know what don’t lose faith in all my generation. ‘Kay? ‘Kay. I wish Brenda and Trace the best of luck and congratulate them on their baby! -13 year old Lindsey

44. Wendy Says:
    August 24th, 2012 at 11:35 am

Wow…the announcement of a baby out of wedlock has turned into a Christian AND atheist bashing session. Regardless of their marital status, it is a blessed event and hopefully they will have a healthy baby and have enough decency (married or not) to teach their child right from wrong, raise a decent human….we are sorely lacking decent human beings these days!!!

45. Nunya Says:
    August 26th, 2012 at 9:16 am

Clearly, no one reads anymore. The girl LIED. Check Huffington Post.

46. Gayla Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 6:08 am

I am waiting anytime for some legislation to purpose a expiration date on marriage licenses. That will be a sorry to the world. I am 61 so I might not see it in my liftime.

47. Tre Says:
    August 31st, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I hear this news like last year or the year before. Are they having another one or is she about to give birth.

48. Tre Says:
    August 31st, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Oh nevermind this is old news from last year smh lol.

49. stefani melbivic Says:
    September 5th, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Why do people have a problem with pregnancy without marriage you ain’t in the relationship so bud out for all you know she might not even be pregnant…

50. cosmiccowboy714 Says:
    September 9th, 2012 at 8:51 am

All you Dumd-Asses should shut the Fuck up. IT’S not the Fifftys any more,You don’t have to adopt to love a kid,you don’t need a piece of paper to say you are married.Today Relationships are not the same as yesterday,Hell it’s tough enough just dating just think if the whole WORLD is watching you.You all need to GET A LIFE.

51. Kerri Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 4:02 pm

She had a miscarriage. So all you Christians wishing the worst for her and her child to go to hell, you got her wish. Good job.

52. RubyHeart Says:
    September 27th, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Why is this still showing in the top stories section? It’s way old and it was never even true. Brenda wasn’t pregnant and she and Trace have even broken up since then. Lame!

53. Karen Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 4:32 am

If you look up the history of marriage, you will
    see it had nothing to do with God.It is said that the first union between a man and a woman took place in Mesopotamia at 2350 BC. Marriage evolved since then and such practice was observed by the Romans, Greeks, and Hebrews. However, the union was never about love or religion. The primary purpose of the marriage is to ensure that the man’s children are biologically his, and so women were treated as mere ‘property’.

54. NitaJ Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 6:01 pm

It time for people to stop embracing sin whether it is in Hollywood or down the street. Most people who do have children and do not marry do not stay together long. God ordained marriage, then children not children then maybe marriage. Stop making up excuses, children need to be born into a loving 2 parent household. Sure some people who are married cheat, then again so do people who are not married. It is amazing that if you ask a person can I borrow your car for a few days or can i wear your jewelry, people have excuse after excuse, I worked hard for that, I love that too much to let you borrow it, but some people meet and a few weeks later they are having sex together and getting soul tied up, now isn’t that a crazy thing to do.

55. Angel Says:
    October 13th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Wow… You know, I realize that most people have valid beliefs, and I also know no celebrity mentioned here isn’t pregnant, but why does this have to be a religious feud? I actually side with Derek, because they’re actually smart. Woman can get pregnant and still be in a very stable relationship, you don’t need a ring and a certificate to be happy. Derek didn’t really have to call Christians stupid, even though they are often judgmental. But either way, I am going to ask the question so many people want answered: how the fuck did a pregnancy scandal become a religious fued?

56. Seriously Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Guys, really. She’s not pregnant but even if she really was why does it matter if she isn’t married? Is that your relationship? Why should it affect you so much. If she wants to let her be. It’s her choice and her body…

57. Ami Kader Says:
    October 22nd, 2012 at 1:57 pm

You dont have to be married to raise children in a loving 2 parent home. As long as the couple are in love and want to stay together. Just because theres a wedding ring involved dosent mean love or happiness thats why there is cheating in the world. Im happy for the cryus family and wish all the best for brenda and the baby. I hope that the baby is happy healthy and is welcomed into the world with open arms and loving hearts by all.

Comments