August 31, 2011 01:07 PM by Lisa Princ

Ever since the celebrity cast for season 13 of Dancing With The Stars on ABC was revealed, most of us were wondering who Chaz Bono would be paired with. This morning, it was announced that the beautiful Lacey Schwimmer would be teaming up with Chaz Bono this season. Now, Lacey Schwimmer is already defending her new partner, and sharing her excitement to be paired with him! Read on for more!

Chaz Bono is making headlines daily regarding his new stint on Dancing With The Stars. Some folks are rallying behind him, while others are sharing their disgust that the transgender was asked to be on the show. This morning, it was announced that Lacey Schwimmer will be Chaz Bono’s dancing partner, and Lacey is not taking anything lightly! Lacey Schwimmer immediately hit up Twitter today, expressing her feelings on dancing with him. Lacey’s Tweets read: “I’m so thrilled to let you know that my dance partner on Dancing with the Stars is Chaz Bono. He is such an amazing person! And so sweet! Weeee…”, as well as “He has been working so hard this past week! Such a beautiful person inside and out! Team LaZZy?”

But it wasn’t all sweet from Lacey Schwimmer today on Twitter as she also addressed the “hate” for Chaz Bono by saying: “Why people feel it’s OK to judge, bully and harass others for being themselves is beyond me. Shame on you people!” Kudos to Lacey Schwimmer for standing up for her partner! Meanwhile, Chaz Bono Tweeted: “I’m having such a great time rehearsing with my amazing partner on DWTS,” adding that he was very happy and working hard.

What do you think of the Lacey/Chaz pairing? Which couple are you looking the most forward to this season on Dancing With The Stars? Do you think he has a shot at winning? Comment and share your thoughts with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great Dancing With the Stars news, please feel free to check out Sir Links A Lot: Dancing With The Stars and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo courtesy of ABC!

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Chaz Bono, Dancing With the Stars |

64 Responses to “Lacey Schwimmer Defends Chaz Bono And Shares Her Excitement To Be Paired With Him”

1. Amy Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Good for Chaz Bono and Lacey. I’m glad they’re having such a great time. :)

2. Common Sense Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Just because you mutilate yourself, take hormones and call yourself a dude, doesn’t make it true. Chastity has serious problems and that we let her do this to her body rather than get her the help she needs is what is truly sad here.

3. chris Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 1:30 pm

None of them. There are no stars on DWTS this round. As for Chaz, a girl, DNA, not surgery make the human. As for Lacy, maybe she can date Chaz. They are a cute couple! Will not watch DWTS again due to the political climate being pushed and the fact that the best dancers very rarely win, just the most popular.

4. Diana Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Kind of weird and strange, but really who cares

5. FACT1 Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 1:58 pm

CHAZ “THE TWINKIE” BONO IS A FREAK!!!!!!!!!!
    THIS CHICK IS ONLY SAYING SOMETHING TO GET SOME AIR TIME.

6. HP Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Chaz deserves the right to live with dignity. That being said, the best way WE can live with dignity is to be indifferent to one another. Let’s stop kissing the ass of the disenfranchised. I can’t speak for Chaz, but would assume he doesn’t want to be a relic or some sort of figure, he just wants to be treated as a man. Let’s just let the chips fall as they may. Enough pointing already, that includes those who feel the never-ending need to be champions of justice. These people want to live like any of us, stop assimilating them to your f*cking cause……

7. Rose Dolce Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I have absolutely nothing against Chaz Bono, except what exactly is he/she a “Star” of. Isn’t it dancing with the stars? Not dancing with the children of stars. This does not constitute stardom, nor do does getting pregnant and your mother being a former governor of Alaska, or popping out tons of kids make you a star. This is an absolute insult to those who are actually hardworking actor who have paid their dues, not bad behavior or poor choices. I’m sure I speak for most.

8. LINDA Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 2:18 pm

WHO IS ‘HIM’.

9. Shannon Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Lacey,
    You arre so beautiful inside and out as well. People who talk smack about other people are just unhappy themselves. The only thing I feel bad about for Chaz is that it took this long for him to realize/uderstand who he really was. He probably would have been happier a long time ago!! I will be rooting for you guys! Go TEAM LACEY & CHAZ!

10. janet Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 2:36 pm

who the heck cares , let people be who they are,no one is perfect in this world cause if you were you would walk on water . Good for Chaz for doing this , and for Lacey they just might win . And one last thing, this show will be seen by millions now because of all the reports of anger for Chaz being on. If you don’t watch who cares and if you do watch who cares , its just a dance show of entertainment and who ever is on it good for them all . Do you have the nerve to do this and can you dance .!

11. Diane Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I knew as soon as I heard Chaz Bono was going to be on DWTS, that Lacey would be the best suited to pair up with him…..I am sooo glad! Best wishes to them, and I hope they go all the way to the finals, if not the end!

12. catie Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 2:42 pm

As long as the winner isn’t Nancy Grace, I don’t care who wins!

13. Mary Grace Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Why does DWTS have to include freaks and queers to keep the ratings? Moderate America still wants to have good shows for the whole family! Heterosexuals do not flaunt their sexuality, so why do those who rebel against heterosexuality feel the need to do so? Love the sinner, but hate the sin! God help them turn from their sins before it is everlastingly too late!

14. jerry Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Chaz is an “it”, not a he or him. I’m sad that I’ll miss my first season of DWTS, but with the lineup this year, who are they kidding? I hope the ratings tank and they cancel the show. We need STARS on the show, not sideshow freaks.

15. zoolander Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Amen catie!

16. Chano Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:12 pm

DWTS should have tried to persuade Cher to join the group instead of Chaz. She is not a star.

17. Marla Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I initially had mixed feelings on this one and still can’t totally wrap my mind around the idea of casting Chaz in the first place, but basically I do support him and hope he doesn’t catch too much flak for trying to be who he is and having a good time on the show like any other contestant past or present. Woman, man, transgender, etc., Chaz is still a human being. I’m also looking forward to seeing J.R. Martinez, the war-vet-turned-actor.

18. kay Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:17 pm

looks like Lacey has experience with artifical body parts so it looks like she and Chaz should match up nicely

19. Chuck Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:22 pm

People should Leave Chaz alone. The real enemy of common decsentcy is Nancy Grace.

20. Tom Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Okay, I’m confused! First “Chastity/Chaz” comes out of the closet and declares to be a lesbian. Then she goes through sex change to become a man. What does this make her/him now? She/he is now considered a male dating a female…………does this not make he/she a “lesbian” anymore? How can you consider yourself “gay/lesbian” being a male dating a female? Would this make him/her a heterosexual now? I’M SO CONFUSED??????

21. mimi larrieu Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:25 pm

So chaz is on DWTS, who the hell cares. But lets get one thing straight.Chaz is not man, male or not even clsoe. She had a mastectomy, thats all and she takes hormones and dresses like a man. that does not make her a man. ive had a mastectomy due to breast cancer, I take hormones Iam not a man. Just because she is tired of being a lesbian doesnt mean she can say poof i’m a man now. Until she goes the distance she is a woman. how in the hell can she be legally a man?? Still has a vagina and all the internal female organs minus her boobs.

22. Kevin Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:37 pm

The problem is, Chaz is not a boy. Chaz is a girl. Not amount of surgery will change that unalterable fact.

23. Lorin Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:39 pm

It’s called the 1st Amendment, don’t like it, choose another country.

24. dee potter Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I don’t know how I feel. Honestly, it takes getting into your 40′s to decide to have this surgery? Well, obese men are far more accepted than obese women that’s for sure. I was born in an ear where I still find it incredible that someone would mutilate their body that God gave them like this. I guess I have to say it sickens me, and I think how Cher must feel, and I’m glad Sonny didn’t live to see this. Chaz has issues that changing sex isn’t going to cure.

25. sheila Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I was hoping Chaz would be paired with LACEY when I first saw he was going to be on the show. I hope he kicks some major booty!!

26. Nancy Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Ugh. I still remember the so-called man Chaz as Chastity, daughter of Sonny and Cher. He really isn’t a he. She was born a she and that is what God intended her to be. Personally I hope they go out in round 1.

27. Jack Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Since the show never pits men against women, how can anyone complain about Chaz being included? If changing gender could give him an edge, then I would understand a little criticism, but since your sex doesn’t give you an edge one way or another in dancing, it won’t affect the competition.

28. P. Burk Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Chaz dude or whatever you are, why didn’t you lose some weight before going on DWTS. How is Lacy going to swing you around. Anyway have fun.

29. Dee Potter Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Oh well,Chaz being on the show draws attention away fro the fruitcake that is Carson Kressley. If it wasn’t for Chaz we would be discussing “OMG he’s just so gay.”

30. Julie Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I guess that everyone feels that it’s ok for a girl to be dancing with girl. I can tell you as long as the homosexual agenda is being portrayed on television, I won’t be watching Dancing with The Stars this season. It’s a shame that none of the people out there feel that this is abomination to God’s people.

31. donna wiederhold Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I think lacey is the perfect partner for chaz, if only because she has been a proponent of same sex couples being on DWTS. But some of Laceys’ most devout supporters must have been unaware of her stand. The only thing i knew to respond to was WOW. And i hope that got my message across. Before anyone judges a transgender, just think about how uncomfortable one would have to be in their own skin, in order to go to such extremes.

32. wanda Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:58 pm

people should be ashamed of themselves talking bad about any of these people. Chaz obviously lived a tough life and finally figured it all out and did what he felt was right for him. I applaud him for sticking to his guns and pray he has a happy life from here on out. He deserves to have peace and live his life the way that is best for him. I can’t wait to see him dance and imagine the courage this one human being has inside to face the scrutiny and abuse he has gone through. Blessings to you Chaz and all those in your shoes.

33. Jeff Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Do a DNA test! It will show that the “him” is a she. Check the organs and it will show that “him” is a she. Why is it on one hand Hollywood tells us how bad Globe Warming is, which is mankind not following Natural Law and on the other hand tell us how good same sex intercourse is, which is mankind not following Natural Law?

34. Heshe Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I don’t care at all. I just wish I could not get the he/she so confused. I want to say SHE because that’s how I was conditioned. Love the paring though. It will be nice to see Chaz drop a few pounds. Lacey really is perfect for HIM. Go Lacey!!!!

35. Arwin Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Okay, time for an EDUCATION for some of you. Chaz’s “condition” (as he refers to it himself) is that he was born as a male with a woman’s body. It’s as simple as that. He’s not gay, not a lesbian, not a bisexual although Chaz himself says he was confused growing up. In his teens he thought he was a lesbian because he was attracted to women. As he got older he realized that he was NOT a lesbian. He had a man’s brain and a woman’s body. It’s like any other birth defect except that for whatever reason some people want to make it a political issue and all I can say is shame on you. I am happy for Chaz that he finally discovered who he was and thanks to modern surgical techniques he was finally able to do something about it and become who he was meant to be in the first place. Lacey, good for you for understanding, I wish the both of you good luck this season on the show.

36. J. Gordon Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I don’t really care about Chaz regarding his sexual orientation or transgender status. Based on the pictures I have seen, he doesn’t look to be in shape to compete, and looks to have been included purely for publicity and ‘buzz’.

Kudos to Lacey S for trying to put a happy face on the situation – you figure that she would prefer to be paired with someone with more potential to win.

37. Pam Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Best of luck to Chaz and Lacey. I’m sure Chaz knew he’d be kicking a hornet’s nest when he signed on for this. I hope he’s amazing. Lacey, you’re super wonderful to watch, and now it seems you’re just as super inside.

38. Lee Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Not a fan of anyone picked – not watching this year

39. evergreen9081 Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I doubt that Chaz will last very long in competition because of the weight. You gotta be in great shape to last one dance.

40. Eric Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:35 pm

The show has definitely run its course if it has stooped to putting a he/she freak and Nancy “far from” Grace on the show. Neither of these people are stars in any way, shape, or form and hopefully the 5 people that actually still watch this show will vote them off the first rounds.

41. Kendall Gilmer Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I agree with Catie!

42. gifter Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:37 pm

The only reason I am going to watch the show is because Chaz will be on it. He is so likable and exciting. Win it all dude!

43. sld247 Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Something about Lacey that I don’t particularly care for. As for her partner, it’s not my place to judge someone else’s lifestyle decision. I just don’t see Chaz/Chastity/whatever as much of a dancer, or a STAR for that matter. We will see.

44. Cher Fan Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Who wants to watch a fat woman who looks kinda like a guy. He won’t last so I guess I won’t worry about it. DWTS surely can do better than this!

45. Lois Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:50 pm

At first I thought why is Chaz Bono on the show what makes him a star?
    Then I thought who am I to judge anyone. Lets leave this alone

46. eydie Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:54 pm

i don’t watch dwts, however, i say more power to chaz.i’m sure the opinions of the narrow minded are old hat to him, something he lives with everyday. i think he is a really strong person not to throttle a bunch of idiots who think they have the right to decide what’s normal. i think i would have busted some heads already.

47. dern Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Couldn’t care less about Chaz one way or the other. However, I’ll boycott the show until Nancy Grace is eliminated. I cannot stand that woman.

48. Kathy Shepard Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Chaz Bono is probably the bravest person out there on Dancing With The Stars. I am sure his mother is very proud of him. If he is even half as talented as his parents he will be terrific. SO WHAT if he had a sex change. What makes that any worse than breast or penal implants??????

49. Becky 46 Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:56 pm

For all of you haters, I have a quote: “You without sin caste the first stone.” I have a cousin who is transgendered and we knew when we were little that he was different. We watched him go through so much and now he’s being true to himself, I will always love and suppport him and if God thinks I’m wrong for that; He will judge me when my time comes, in the mean time,God Bless Him! Good Luck Chaz and Lacey!!! Don’t worry about these people who are judging you for who you are. God’s the only one that has the right to decide what’s right and wrong.

50. KJ Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I am looking forward to seeing Chaz, Karson and Nancy Grace the most. I think it is wonderful that Chaz feels secure enough to do this. I hope it helps him lose weight as he really needs to do so for his own health. Lacey is gorgeous. Any guy would be happy to have her as a partner. I think Karson will be wonderful as well. Nancy Grace, well, maybe not so much. Ha! Good luck to all!!

51. cindy Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 4:58 pm

There are no stars on dwts,the good dancers who deserve to win never do.I STOP Watching when sarah palins daughter got second place.she was horrible from start to finish, stayed at the bottom of leader board,and came in second,now how fair is that?

52. Virginia Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 5:01 pm

People need to mind their own business and stop being so judgmental. A person’s life choices are just that – their choices. If he is happy that’s all that matters. His actions have hurt no one. He has as much right to be on DWTS as anyone. I wish both Chaz and Lacey good luck with their dancing.

53. Angie Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I don’t think I’ll watch this season. And it’s absolutely not because of Chaz! The line up is a who’s who of reality and I’m tired of it. And to top it all off… Nancy Grace! Jeez! Really? ABC, you really screwed the pooch with this cast. There are only 2 that I would tune in and bother to watch, Chaz is one and JR Martinez. Everyone else? Eh.

54. karen Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I can hardly wait to see the show, I am excited about everyone that is going to be on it this year. I think it will be good for Chaz, he is a great person, and he is an author. He is going to be the better to loose weight in get in shape , and be the good looking guy he is meant to be.

55. Deborah Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 5:12 pm

It is amazing to me how much hate people can have towards someone for being true to themselves. Chaz has done nothing to anyone, yet people are so hateful and spiteful to him. He has the right to live his life the way he wants, just as you have the right to show your ignorance on the internet. What this person was born as or whatever … who cares? Does it affect your life personally – NO. Does it harm you in anyway – NO. So leave him alone. It isn’t a s/he, its him. So fuck off and please, please don’t hide behind religion. Its so overdone. Good luck Chaz. And kudos to you having the courage to be yourself no matter what others think and call “problems”.

56. Cheryl Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I say let people live the way they choose…isn’t this America?? After reading this entry (“I have absolutely nothing against Chaz Bono, except what exactly is he/she a “Star” of. Isn’t it dancing with the stars? Not dancing with the children of stars.”) I have to ask….why was this not posted when the daughter of Palin was on??? Nobody cared then about Palins daughter being a “star”!
    So if you don’t like the fact that Chaz will be on, don’t watch but keep your hate comments to yourself!

57. Rebecca Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Note to Rose Dolce -Sorry but i had to comment – Chaz has been on television lots more than Kristin Cavailiari and has directed a wonderful documentary – but that aside, so your definition of “star” is an actor?? What color is the sky in your world little girl??

58. Lisa Princ Says:
    August 31st, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Great reply Kathy! Couldn’t agree more :)

59. Jetwoamn Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 7:00 am

Expand your minds and hearts if you have any. Chaz is amazing and really quite hot. I am sure he will continue to lose weight as he accepts himself no matter what other ignorant people think – and will become more and more dynamic and handsome. It is already happening.

60. Kevin Chalk Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 8:48 am

Don’t really care about Chaz and his/her story. But, would Chaz even be on this show if he/she hadn’t gone through this whole ordeal in the first place? Just like having Bristol Palin on…capitalizing on their “life stories” when they are no where near being a “star”.

We’ve gone from “B” list to “C” list, and now “D” list celebs. I guess once we start seeing Tonya Harding, Leif Garrett, and the rest of the “crackheads”, we’ll know that ABC has hit rock-bottom. Thank God for cable and 1,000 other channels to choose from this year.

61. Duchess McKinnon Says:
    September 1st, 2011 at 10:46 am

Who does it hurt to have Chaz Bono on the show? How does it personally hurt you. It’s not like he is telling you to change genders. I say go for it! I will vote for HIM every single performance that is good! When I watch DWTS I look for who is good, not who was born what or their sexual preference. For those who find an individual like Chaz offensive, honey you have way to much time on your hands.

62. Human Says:
    September 3rd, 2011 at 6:47 am

Wow! No doubt we will bring an end to ourselves. Life is way too short to have so much hatred. Does it really matter either way ? In the end, we are all just human. Our Souls have no gender….

63. Rebeka Says:
    October 17th, 2011 at 7:38 pm

GET THAT FAT HIPPO OF THE SHOW PLEASE… She/he. doesn’t know how to dance.. all U SEE IS FAT BLUBBER BOUNCING UP AND DOWN.. GET OUT OF TOWN.. AND DON’T COME BACK.. POOR LACY.. ONE OF MOST TALENTED DANCERS ON THE SHOW HAS to dance with that.. who was the idiot that let that fat elephant on the show… what a freak show this season has turned out to be….

64. TRUCKER Says:
    October 18th, 2011 at 11:29 pm

What ever Chaz wants to be is his choice and noone has the right to judge him…now for DWTS the dancers should win on their talent and not ride free on the shirt or skirt tales of their family celebs

Comments