America’s Got Talent: Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Feels He Has No Competition Left

September 07, 2011 09:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Last night we watched the top ten acts on America’s Got Talent on NBC, and among them was Laundau Eugene Murphy Jr., who impressed us as usual. Recently, Landau revealed that he feels like he is the million dollar act. Keep reading to find out why Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. thinks he has no more competition on America’s Got Talent!

America’s Got Talent contestant, Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. recently spoke to People Magazine about his experience on the show, where he revealed that he is “the one to beat.” Landau impresses us every week, and he told the magazine on Friday: “The only thing that’s missing in Vegas is the rat pack. That’s it. Right now you’ve got Michael Bublé, Harry Connick, Jr., and then you have Landau Eugene, Jr. Put one more guy with us and you’ve got the whole rat pack.”

Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. is certainly confident in his chances of winning, but some of his fellow competitors also think he is the one to beat, as The Smage Brothers told People that they expect Landau to win, adding: “The show is about popularity and relatability to the American public,” while Magician Landon Swank said: “I think Landau’s going to be up there. He’s got a great voice and a great personality, both on and off camera.”

Now, before you get the wrong idea about Landau, he is not by any means saying that he doesn’t think the remaining acts have talent. He did add: “I think Anna Graceman is great, but I don’t know if she’s old enough to be in Vegas. Even though she’s so small, she’s so wonderful and great,” but Landau feels that his biggest competition had already been eliminated. Who was that? Landau revealed: “I thought Snap Boogie would be in the top two,” and we assume that meant the other person he assumed would be in the top two was himself.

So is Landau confident or just determined? The husband and dad goes on to say that it is all about his children as he told People if he does win: “I’m going to take that money and invest it in my kids’ future so they won’t have to wait as long as I did to follow my dreams. I’m just so overwhelmed seeing the joy on my kids’ faces when they watch me perform.”

Best of luck to Landau, guess we will find out if America loved him last night when we tune in at 9 pm tonight! What do you think of Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.? Comment and share your thoughts with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: America’s Got Talent and then come and discuss the show on our Reality TV message boards.

Photo courtesy of NBC

Topics: America's Got Talent, NBC Reality TV Shows |

7 Responses to “America’s Got Talent: Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Feels He Has No Competition Left”

1. Sheri Says:
    September 7th, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Landau…..in addition to your MASSIVE God-given talent, you are one of the most humble people that I’ve ever seen on TV…or anywhere else for that matter! I’m praying and hopeful that people that read your interview with People Magazine will not mis-interpret your quiet confidence with being over-confident in saying that you’re the one to beat….that’s IF you were even accurately quoted. As I’ve said before…it really doesn’t matter whether or not you win AGT…you WILL BE SOMEWHERE IN VEGAS as a HEADLINE ACT!!! I’m already saving my money to buy my tickets and flight arrangements so that I can be there for your first show! May God continue to bless and keep you….stay sweet and humble!! These comments, however, may have just cost him winning this competition…that is if too many people read this and make a big deal out of what the article implies. I think we all know he didn’t mean it the way it came out….it’s just his innocence and lack of knowing how to interact with the media that is probably the issue. He really is a sincere and sweet young man. My constant prayer is that he is surrounded by the right kind of God-fearing, God-knowing people that will help him deal with all the trappings of fame that can potentially destroy the lives of so many people. Let’s just continue to keep him in prayer! : )

2. kirby Says:
    September 7th, 2011 at 9:14 pm

EXTREMELY poor choice of title. Very misleading and completely inaccurate. For such a humble and genuine man to be depicted in such a manner is truly shameful.

3. susan Says:
    September 8th, 2011 at 8:06 am

This article could be very damaging, and maybe that was the intent. But anyone who has truly watched this young man knows he is as humble as apple pie and has a god given talent that is raw and natural. He deserves to be the winner….

4. burklebees Says:
    September 8th, 2011 at 10:15 am

I agree with Kirby about the title. It almost seems that the author of this article was trying to make him look bad by that title. Landau Eugene Murphy Jr is one of the most genuine people I have ever seen and I hope he wins it all. He has been my favorite from the beginning.

5. Chris Allen Says:
    September 9th, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I’m from WV and met Landau and his wife in September. He spoke from the heart and is as genuine and sincere in person as he appears on TV (as is his wife). I am also familiar with people from his home town who know him and they all have great things to say about Landau. Vote for Landau.

6. Shari Says:
    September 9th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I’m sure you have selected your song for the finale. However, have you considered an updeat song from Sammy Davis, Jr? It takes you out of the crooning saga and gives you a wider audience. I think you would be great and could knock America out of their socks, if it’s done well. Good luck, Tuesday!

7. Cristi Says:
    September 14th, 2011 at 1:18 pm

The title of this article is FAR from true..I know him personally and he does not think that he has already won. Him and his wife are the most humble people that I know. You really should think about correcting the title because you must have never spoke to him to come up with a title like that

Comments