Hell’s Kitchen Recap: Who Made The Final Four?

September 12, 2011 07:31 PM by Lisa Princ

Last week on Hell’s Kitchen on Fox, we watched as some veterans returned and the current chefs shocked us by beating them. This week, it’s a battle of the salmon that determined the final four, but if you think you know who went home, you may be in for a shocker! Read on for more…

Hell’s Kitchen returned tonight and the chefs were on a high after last week’s stellar performance, but could they keep it up? In the dorm, they were all mocking Jennifer for professing her true feelings about Paul in last week’s episode. But then it was back to business as they were called in for their challenge. In this week’s challenge, the chefs were presented with a rare white salmon, which Gordon Ramsay asked them each to create a profitable dish out of, as the salmon was very expensive. All the chefs put in what appeared to be a good effort to create a profitable salmon dish, but Jennifer seemed to take her time deciding what to make.

Gordon Ramsay had three guest judges come in, and tell the chefs what they would pay for each dish – the most profitable would obviously win the challenge. Most of the dishes went over well with the judges, except for Elise’s as they could not figure out why she would pair salmon with macaroni and cheese, nor did they think her dish looked good. Despite Jennifer’s delay in creating her salmon dish, it seemed to have paid off as she came in 2nd place to Paul, who ended up winning the challenge. For his reward, Paul was getting a helicopter ride with Gordon Ramsay over L.A., which also including dinning! Paul decided to take Tommy with him, much to Jennifer’s dismay.

Last week’s dinner service on Hell’s Kitchen was a dream compared to the nightmare that took place tonight. Tommy and Jennifer could not get the communication going at all, and the appetizers were severely delayed because of this. When the appetizers finally did start to roll out, Elise began to screw up the salmon. Despite numerous attempts by Paul and Gordon Ramsay explaining to her that she needed to cook it skin side down, Elise continued to cook the salmon on the skinless side. Finally, she said she would cook it on the correct side, but when she sent it up, it was raw in the center.

The lack of communication and poorly cooked food sent Gordon Ramsay on a rampage tonight as he asked all five chefs to get out of the kitchen. But quickly after they left, Gordon asked sous chef Andy to go back up and get Paul and Will, who would help him complete dinner service. Paul and Will rocked out dinner service with Gordon Ramsay while the other three sat in the dorm until Gordon Ramsay brought them back down after service. After telling them to choose two members for elimination, Tommy argued with Gordon Ramsay about why he was sent away. When Gordon threatened to put Tommy’s head on a grill, Tommy challenged Gordon Ramsay to do it, and Gordon Ramsay told him to get lost and not rub anymore salt in the wound.

Gutsy move by Tommy, but would it get him eliminated? In the dorm, Elise begged both Will and Paul to tell Gordon Ramsay that she was the better chef out of herself and Jennifer. When it was time for elimination, it was no shocker that Elise and Jennifer were up for elimination. When Gordon asked who the better chef was, both Will and Paul said Elise was, while Tommy said Jennifer was. Oddly enough, we have seen Jennifer cook better time after time than Elise, so for the viewers, this question was a no brainer. In any event, Gordon Ramsay was torn between the loud mouth and the girl with no voice. After deliberating and pleading their cases, it was Jennifer who was sent packing tonight, which was a shocker to us!

Next week is the 2 hour season finale of Hell’s Kitchen on Fox, so be sure to tune to find out who takes the season nine crown!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Hell’s Kitchen news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Hell’s Kitchen and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, Hell's Kitchen |

21 Responses to “Hell’s Kitchen Recap: Who Made The Final Four?”

1. raisa Says:
    September 12th, 2011 at 8:18 pm

loudmouth elise should have gone home-she is the most arrogant,vain and annoying chef i have ever seen on hell’s kitchen,and there have been many!and she isn’t even that talented.i think she has stayed on this long because she is so contraversial and because of her race-in which case either of these two reasons would really unfair to the other contestants.if she is at the top two then i will never watch this show again!

2. Poetic Says:
    September 12th, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Omg someone tell me why they dont throw that bitch out , yes Elise needed to be gone along time ago.

3. Not a fan of elise Says:
    September 12th, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Why is this a shocker? Elise is the designated villain in this show, the only reason she has lasted as long as this is that she causes controversy. The producers wouldn’t think of sending her away.

I’ve gotten to the point that I watch this show only to see how it is manipulated to create controversy. If I ever walked into a restaurant and saw some of these “chefs” in the kitchen, particularly Elise, I would walk right out again.

4. kathy Says:
    September 12th, 2011 at 10:19 pm

So upset with Hells Kitchen. They sent Jennfer home who has allways been better in the kitchen than Elise but Elise has a big mouth which I think they think make better TV and Jennfer was heavy, not as pretty as Elise, but much better cheif and all around better person to work with.Elise has no chance in ____ that she could run any business, she can only run her mouth and has no concept of management. This is such a dissapointment. Hells Kitchen sold out

5. eddie medina Says:
    September 12th, 2011 at 10:33 pm

i can not believe you all kept elise she does not pull her own weight you always see her standing around she didn’t even clean the fish how is she suppose to run BLT she can’t she’s to immature.she wasted at least 200 dollars of salmon that you could not use. she came in last place jennifer was in third should of kept jennifer.i would never go to any place elise ran.

6. Paris Says:
    September 13th, 2011 at 3:14 am

Jennifer shouldn’t have gone. Chef Ramsey like to keep the chefs who create DRAMA. Elise was way worse then Jennifer.

7. Warren Nadler Says:
    September 13th, 2011 at 6:04 am

The producers had to keep Elise on the show. She has become one of reality TV’s most hated people. I hope she makes it to the finals, then loses.

8. starting_to_hate_HK Says:
    September 13th, 2011 at 7:51 am

Elise is a plant. Everyone knows that she isn’t going to win but she’s there to just ruffle feathers. It’s the same old story with Hell’s kitchen. They think it makes things interesting but seriously it’s getting old. A few episodes fine but to drag it out this long is making the whole thing boring, tired and what I’m starting to expect out of HK. It’s reminding me of the last season of American Idol…I stopped watching that after James was voted off. it just got boring with the 2 country singers, didn’t even bother watching the rest and I’m getting that same feeling with HK now. there’s enough drama with Tommy, there’s no need for the b**ch.

9. Jax Says:
    September 13th, 2011 at 4:24 pm

What a disappointment! Although no one should be surprised at the outcome… Jennifer should have been either a finalist or come in as third behind Will & Paul. I have no idea how Tommy has made it this far in the game. He & Elise should have been axed long ago but Elise=controversy and controversy=ratings. Boo!

10. Rebecca Says:
    September 13th, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Lesson to Chef Ramsay – I’m done watching your show. Elise is a rude nasty human being. I canNOT believe you allow her to remain in the kitchen. What happened to integrity and dignity?

Loss of a viewer.

11. Be Norris Says:
    September 13th, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I am SO annoyed with this season. Admittedly, it’s the first season I’ve watched most of the way through, but Elise–and Tommy–have no business being there! Elise should have been gone long ago! And so should have Tommy. And WHY did Jennifer go home, when things on her station ultimately turned out OK, but Elise screwed up the salmon time after time after time? From what everyone else is saying, this is, indeed, a VERY aggravating stunt. And it really makes watching the show pointless, when they keep the worst people on. I thought that Will and Jennifer were the only people *I* would remotely think about hiring to run a restaurant, and yet Elise, Tommy, and Paul are still there! WTF…to coin a phrase.

12. Mickey J Says:
    September 13th, 2011 at 11:51 pm

I just checked in here to see how my Boston girl Jennifer was doing–I stopped watching weeks ago, when Elise tried to “remind” Tommy that he had scored a tray of Wellingtons that they both knew he hadn’t. Unbelieveable. I wouldn’t hire Elise as a SCULLERY MAID let alone ANY type of cook. My brother-in-law is a chef, and he’s told me how tough the business is; anyone who behaved like that on a daily basis would take an accidental bath in a steaming lobster pot. I think her career in the restaurant business will be very much intertwined with the words grill, spatula, and Denny’s.

13. Anybody Says:
    September 14th, 2011 at 6:35 am

You guys this is a competition. I would keep the person (Elise) that I know I can easily beat.

14. Anyone Says:
    September 14th, 2011 at 6:39 am

I don’t think this has anything to do with race, I would have kept Elise also because why would I keep someone who can actually cook? It is a competition and keeping Elise is a excellent strategy.

15. flanders Says:
    September 14th, 2011 at 7:36 am

I hope to goodness Elise doesn’t win I swear I will never watch Hell’s kitchen again.

Cannot believe they kept her over Jennifer.

16. Bev Says:
    September 14th, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Have you noticed that Ramsey and crew seem to pick pretty women over the not-so-pretty. Example was ex-beauty queen who won Master Chef! There have been lots of cases when the not as attractive person physically won. Also the arrogant ones seem to stay as well for a long time though their cooking skills are not on par with others. I am through watching this show! I don’t know whether producers push the foul language and conflict to get ratings (much like a Jerry Springer deal) or whether that is all Ramsay. Jennifer is sooo much better than Elise and has been the entire time. He talks about some being “too quiet” but that translates to having arrogant loudmouthed jackasses left sometimes! This time was the worse!

17. Michael B. Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 10:07 am

Everyone is right that Elise is kept just for the ratings. There is no kitchen she could run with getting a beating or the entire kitchen staff walking out. For someone who demands such high standards from culinary it’s apparent Gordon Ramsey has sold out in the name of ratings. Would he EVER let someone like Elise work in his kitchen let alone run it? It is time to send the little pouty b**ch home where she belongs!!!

18. NoireVixen Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Let’s face it, Jennifer was a fat, boring cunt.

19. Derrick Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

WHY IS ELISE STILL THERE??? Does she have something on Gordon that she is bribing him with? If she is in the final two I will never watch another Hells Kitchen Season. I did it with Survivor many many seasons ago ( was a huge fan ) I can do it with Hells Kitchen. Attention Gordon Ramsey!!! GET RID OF HER!!!!!

20. anne Says:
    July 24th, 2012 at 2:53 am

Yeah Noire, she’s fat and boring and that’s why she got booted off. Forget the fact that she was a strong chef with excellent multitasking capabilities. Look here folks to NoireVixen, more than likely as fat as Jennifer herself, but with a fraction of her talent and capability. These focus-starved, couch sloths are perfectly willing to throw away their notions of integrity to watch this filth. GFY, madam, and good day.

21. Jasiel Says: