September 14, 2011 07:44 AM by Martha Zaborowski
The series finale of Kate Plus 8 aired Monday night, and Kate Gosselin has taken to several media outlets, including the Today show and her Twitter handle @kateplusmy8, to express her desire for her and the children to continue working in television. She clams that the cancelation of Kate Plus 8 is the “end of an era” and that her children are “sad” and her fans are “devastated.” What does Jon Gosselin have to say about all of this?
Jon Gosselin talked to RumorFix.com about the possibility of his children reappearing on television. “They won’t be on TV, I’m telling you that. I have joint legal custody and I won’t sign for them.” Jon explains he’s legally taken Kate to court to try to get the kids off television, but obviously he’s been unsuccessful so far. It is unclear how his parental rights would prevent the kids from reappearing on television in the future, but he seems adamant in his preference to keep them off TV.
When asked his opinion on whether the kids’ desire to be on television matters in his decision allowing them to be filmed, Jon says it does not matter and that “it’s not their decision.” What does he think about Kate being on TV? He says it’s her choice to be televised and she can choose any career she wants…just as he has, with his un-Hollywood office job.
Jon Gosselin also reveals that TLC wanted to have him film the final episode of Kate Plus 8. He declined. Why? “I chose to have privacy.”
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great Kate Plus 8 news, please feel free to check out SirLinks A Lot: Reality Television and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.
Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!
Photo courtesy of TLC
Topics: Kate Gosselin, Kate Plus 8, TLC Reality TV Shows |
« Flipping Out Reunion: Andy Cohen Talks To The Cast! | Home | Big Brother 13 Finale Spoilers: Who Won Part 2 Of The Final Head Of Household Competition? »