Kate Plus 8: Jon Gosselin Says The Kids Will Never Be On TV Again!

September 14, 2011 07:44 AM by Martha Zaborowski

The series finale of Kate Plus 8 aired Monday night, and Kate Gosselin has taken to several media outlets, including the Today show and her Twitter handle @kateplusmy8, to express her desire for her and the children to continue working in television. She clams that the cancelation of  Kate Plus 8 is the “end of an era” and that her children are “sad” and her fans are “devastated.” What does Jon Gosselin have to say about all of this?

Jon Gosselin talked to RumorFix.com about the possibility of his children reappearing on television. “They won’t be on TV, I’m telling you that. I have joint legal custody and I won’t sign for them.” Jon explains he’s legally taken Kate to court to try to get the kids off television, but obviously he’s been unsuccessful so far. It is unclear how his parental rights would prevent the kids from reappearing on television in the future, but he seems adamant in his preference to keep them off TV.

When asked his opinion on whether the kids’ desire to be on television matters in his decision allowing them to be filmed, Jon says it does not matter and that “it’s not their decision.” What does he think about Kate being on TV? He says it’s her choice to be televised and she can choose any career she wants…just as he has, with his un-Hollywood office job.

Jon Gosselin also reveals that TLC wanted to have him film the final episode of Kate Plus 8. He declined. Why? “I chose to have privacy.”

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great Kate Plus 8 news, please feel free to check out SirLinks A Lot: Reality Television and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo courtesy of TLC

Topics: Kate Gosselin, Kate Plus 8, TLC Reality TV Shows |

8 Responses to “Kate Plus 8: Jon Gosselin Says The Kids Will Never Be On TV Again!”

1. Deanna Says:
    September 14th, 2011 at 8:37 am

When Kate says that Jon “isn’t the man I knew” she is right. He grew up and grew a pair. He is no longer the chump that she abused and ordered around. The children are his as well and she has no right to continue to exploit them for her own selfish purposes. The truth is that if the children want to stay on television it is a clear indicator that they shouldn’t be on it. They aren’t actors. Previously, Kate said they weren’t even aware they were being filmed and now if they are aware and so thrilled with it, they are clearly becoming influenced by Kate and have contracted her disease like need for attention. Not a good thing. She is so manipulative and such a grifter. Crying about how she can only have a job on tv if she is going continue to support them. Well for starters, sell our two seated luxury car. That should give you and extra 50 thousand to pay your bills.

2. Brittany Says:
    September 14th, 2011 at 9:26 am

Ugh while I can’t stand Jon Gosselin and he just always seems to want the media attention, Kate is a million times worse. She is one of the biggest bitches I have ever seen on tv and I’m not surprised she ended up losing her best friends and anyone in her life. I feel sorry for her kids and hope they turn out okay. She needs to get a real job, instead of trying to get on tv. Nobody wants to see you on tv.

3. Lucy Says:
    September 14th, 2011 at 9:55 am

Way to go Jon!!! I have total respect for you and I think you should get custody of the kids. Kate is really messed up.

4. Loreteta Says:
    September 14th, 2011 at 4:46 pm

While I think that Kate is waaaaaaaay over the top most of the time, I did watch the show because the little kids are adorable. She should be set for life, but I still wonder, does Jon pay any child support? Although I would never berate my husband in private, much less the way she did on TV, it must have been tiring having a 9th child. They both need to learn to parent these kids and the sooner the better.

5. LeeLoo Says:
    September 15th, 2011 at 12:06 am

I think the reason he has been unsuccessful thus far is because he signed off on the kids being on television before the divorce. Therefore, he gave his permission beforehand.

Now that they are divorced and the original contract has been terminated I think he can very easily keep the kids off television.

6. MARY Says:
    October 3rd, 2011 at 11:19 am

Yeh, Jon wants his privacy BUT it takes no time for Jon to get the media attention to state his view point. He always stated his children and life is his business not the worlds. GO FIGURE. Since the divorce Kate really hasn’t mocked Jon and has many times given him credit for being a good dad. As for the comment of Midiocore Job he has. Kate just said as a MOM she wants the best for her kids and being on TV gives the kids experiences she would be unable to provide them if not on TV and provide a living for them on the farm property. YEH, Jon don’t have a farm but the kids are only with hime on 4 days per month. The kids Live on the farm property with crooked houses, pool, chickens, and now a tree house.

7. Jana in Sendera Says:
    November 10th, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Kate says her fans are devastated. What fans? Where? Who? I think most people are (and have been for a long time) sick of Kate, Jon and the 8. She should get over herself and get a real job and support her family like so many other parents do. I hope the kids have some stable adults around them to give them a chance to grow up in tact.

8. lisa Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 2:15 am

i’m so glad you all off the tv…..lisa birmingham, alabama

Comments