Real Housewives Of New York: Bravo Confirms Who Is Leaving

September 18, 2011 11:54 AM by Martha Zaborowski

Fans of The Real Housewives of New York have been glued to Twitter, blogs, and various other media outlets for the latest on the saga of “Who is staying? Who is leaving The Real Housewives of New York City?” First there were the whispers that Jill Zarin, Kelly Bensimon, Alex McCord, and Cindy Barshop were being fired. That news followed with denials from Cindy Barshop saying she was not officially out yet and that she was still negotiating.

Alex McCord chimed in on Twitter saying: “Speaking for myself only, there is no decision yet whether I’m in or out of RHONY -Nothing’s finalized, though I’d like to do another year.” Jill Zarin took to Showbiz Tonight saying “there is no pink slip when is comes to TV” and that the negotiations were based on “who was going to work with who.” Sonja Morgan seemingly confirmed rumors saying that she, Ramona Singer, and LuAnn DeLesseps have been invited back and the other women hadn’t. LuAnn added to the rumors telling New York Live that three new “wealthy, glamorous” women were being considered for The Real Housewives of New York. What’s the official verdict? Who is in and who is out of the Real Housewives of New York? Bravo confirms the following in a statement…

“Ramona Singer, Sonja Morgan and LuAnn DeLesseps will be returning for season five of The Real Housewives of New York. We’ve had a fabulous run with all the ladies and appreciate them sharing their lives with our viewers. It is a friendly departure among the other ladies and we continue to have ongoing discussions with them.”

It’s official: Cindy Barshop, Alex McCord, Jill Zarin, and Kelly Bensimon are out. What do the former cast members have to say? No word for yet Kelly, but through their various Twitter accounts, @cindybarshop says she and Bravo left on “great terms,” @jillzarin posts “When one door closes..another one opens.I love all my fans and can’t wait for @SkweezCouture to launch this wk and announce my next project,” and @mccordalex says she and Bravo have parted “sadly but amicably.” Alex and her husband Simon van Kempen don’t seem to be taking the news very well and are posting their social media rank versus the other Housewives and Simon has released a statement saying that this isn’t likely the final time you’ll see him on television. How do you feel about the news about the Real Housewives of New York? Did Bravo make the right choice?

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of New York City and then come and discuss the show on our Reality TV message boards.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo courtesy of Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of New York City |

31 Responses to “Real Housewives Of New York: Bravo Confirms Who Is Leaving”

1. Kim Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 12:31 pm

So glad Jill, Cindy and Kelly are gone !!!! But very sad ALex and Simon will not be back, they are such a cultural couple and added laughter and fun to the show, Big Mistake letting them go BRAVO boo to you!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Becky Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 1:39 pm

This is one person who won’t be watching anymore. I can’t stand Ramona or Sonja. Jill was my favorite.

3. Theresa Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Could not stand cindy and Kelly. Jill was mean but entertaining and Alex and Simon is a big mistake to have been let go. Luanne has changed for the worse this year. Mean spirited . I love Ramona and Sonja

4. Cathy Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Do not like Sonja (restaurant consultant? really? She used to be a hostess at some restaurant)
    Ramona – a drunk, (and yes i believe her husband has some on a side… she’s so annoying , if I was a guy I would not want to be with her!) Her jewelry line is simply tacky. And one more thing…even though she has a decent body she’s too old to wear that stuff…. it makes her look cheap…not very lady-like (she should consult LuAnn)
    LuAnn – ok, love her large jewelry…
    Kelly – I thought she was a wacko at the beginning but last season she was a voice of reason in Morocco.
    Alex – media whore (including her husband, her older boy seems like he has ADD)
    Cindy – She was so out of her element in last season. She seems too nice to be in a same place as Sonja, Alex and Ramona..
    Well… just my two cents…

5. Diane Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Thrilled that Jill, Kelly and Cindy are gone wish LuAnn was going unsteady of Alex!! Good move Bravo!!

6. Arlene Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I agree with Becky….I will not watch without Jill….Cant stand Ramona and glad that Alex and Simon are leaving…they were also annoying…

I would hope Jill would reconsider, but it doesn’t look that way…

7. tracy Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I LOVE “Silex”!!! The need to bring Alex and Simon back!! They “make” the show!

8. Angie Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Deleting this show from my DVR. Ramona and Sonja are drunken, psycho idiots. These latest firings must be Bravo’s attempt to make the show an over-dramatized bunch of nonsense.

9. Patricia Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Becky I agree. I cannot stand Ramona or Sonja. I can’t believe they would keep Sonja over Jill. Well, tell you what, I won’t watch anymore. I have better things to do with my time anyway.

10. Maggie Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Oh my god, what a bunch of ignoramuses. Can’t stand Kelly – so glad she is gone. But why keep Luann – she needs to take some etiquette and grammar lessons. Sonja? Me, me, me – I’ve never seen such a self-centered person – cannot stand her.

It’s a show I didn’t admit watching but those days are over – I’ve watched my last episode.

11. alinda Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 9:24 pm

It was about time! The Countess should have been terminated also. A new cast was sorely needed.

12. elaine leirer Says:
    September 18th, 2011 at 9:44 pm

It is my last time seeing you Simon. I feel that your management of Alex was the cause of her decline. Your macho poseur appearances, desperate shoving your face in the camera, rant posting of every fart and turn in your interaction with Jill should never have happened. Your strange ideas about what the wealthy and successful do is bizzare. Involving yourself in political crossfire does not win you viewers. You are neither the phony tough or the crazy brave….you are a cipher.

13. VVV Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 6:41 am

Yippppppppppeeeeeee! No more Krazy-Kelly, no more Jealous-Jill, Cindy who??? Wish they would have kept Alex sans gay husband, and dumped the Looney-Lulu aka CountLESS! Can’t have it all tho’…….. cannot wait for new season!

14. Sharon Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 7:27 am

Some of these comments are just ridiculous! The show was these women and I for one had connected with everyone of them like them or hate them. It was their drama and their conflict that made us watch this show. I find it sad that they kept the Alcoholic! Most likely with the decline of the economy and how reality TV has taken over some washed up has been TV/Movie/Soap stars have been desperate enough to beg Bravo for their chance with Real Housewives of New York! I for one won’t be watching!

15. Utah Girl Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 7:37 am

Simon needs to come out of the closet….Alex needed to mute the voice she found……Ramona….ick….drunk…..classless woman and that is keeping this post clean; Sonja..somewhat entertaining, needs to hide her bits….no one cares about her private parts. Countess also entertaining…..Loved Jill…did she have qualities that people found deplorable….yes…but I like her honesty…Ramona is a snake……Kelly…sorry to see her go….think we need to see what if anything Bravo has in store, if anything…with Jill and Kelly…will probably scan the show…and not be a fan….

16. Christy Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 8:13 am

Jill was fired. She can’t change her mind. They do not want her. She took the know it all, jealous, gossip to a new mean level. Glad she is gone.
    Cindy never really had much of a part on the show. She was brunette so I guess she had to “choose that side”. Will not be missed.

Kelly kept trying to play a victim even after everyone saw she was a strong, mean backstabber. She lied and then wanted everyone to call her nice. I think she wanted to be LouAnne and Jill’s child more than a housewife.

Alex let her found voice get the best of her. There is a time to listen. When she found her voice, she lost her ears. She was encouraged by Simon with what to think and who to like. I like Alex but do not want to see Simon anymore. I wonder if she were given that option, if she would take it

17. yvonda Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 8:41 am

I really loved Jill on the show, didnt really care much for Kelly, but have never like Alex and Goofy very much anyway…Luann will be the only reason i watch because i cant stand Ramona and Sonja!!!
    lets hope the new ladies add enough to keep viewers coming back because i wont if its all about these two dorks!

18. Hermosagirl Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 8:43 am

Hope this helps the show. Seems like they take turns acting crazy. Tired of Alex, never could stand Simon. Stupid Kelly- all she ever says is “Amazing”- nauseating. Jill is SUCH a narcissist. Cindy added nothing. Ramona IS an alcoholic. Love Luann.

19. Colette Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 10:54 am

Very happy Kelly is leaving. She is one piece of work and it needs fixing. Gone is the hair twirling she drove me nuts. Sorry to hear Jill going she stirred up a lot of stuff on the show and it made it good. Alex and Simon well what can I say they were out there. Let’s just hope that this doesn’t kill the show. It was already not as interesting without Bethanny.

20. Tamara Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 12:17 pm

“Cindy who?” is right!
    She brought nothing to the table, and no one will miss her, much less even remember who she is 6 mos from now.

Kelly, annoying and sometimes hard to listen to the ridiculous things that come out of her mouth, but also entertaining. I can take or leave her.

Alex/Simon- also annoying but not entertaining. She is hard to watch, but Simon can be funny.
    I wont miss Alex.

Jill -WTF??? She WAS the nucleus of the show. Thats like firing Vicki from RHOC.
    Big mistake, Bravo. Whether you love or hate Jill, her presence on the show made for great TV.

The only way I can see Bravo justifying firing Jill is if she got her own spinoff, aka Bethanny…

21. Jerry Casey Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 12:21 pm

What a shame that they didn’t take the opportunity
    to just clear the boards of all these women.Not one of them had any real money and certainly none of them had class,which was shown through their manners.

22. Lauri Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I am so glad Brainless Kelly Bensimon is gone.
    Bravo should listen to its viewers and keep Alex and get rid of RUDE, NO CLASS, THINKS SHE IS BETTER THAN EVERY ONE ELSE, LUANN DELESSEPS. I can’t stand this woman she needs a manners class.

23. Bobby Says:
    September 19th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Dump all these shows.
    We have enough pimps in real life!

24. luef Says:
    September 20th, 2011 at 8:41 am

should be a Ramotional season……so tired of the ra moaning! She’s two faced wacko!

25. pauline Says:
    September 20th, 2011 at 8:51 am

Seems a lot of people would like to see Luann go, me too. She’s her biggest fan. As far as the other four, good move, hope we get some interesting replacements with compassion and real lives that can put a sentence together without getting into a screaming match.

26. Pat Says:
    September 20th, 2011 at 9:43 am

I agree with most Alex should be saved and Countless should be put off the show. I will not be watching anymore. Glad that Kelly and Jill are gone. Kelly should have been let go when she went crazy last year. Jill should never have been on the show.

27. Barbara Says:
    September 21st, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Without Bethanny Jill has lost her zeal for the show. She became a meanie and I think a change of pace will do her good. Afterall, she has many irons in the fire.

Kelly: I never understood why she was on the show in the first place. She is a confusing soul!

Alex and Simon: Who knows if Simon is bi, hetro, or gay. He did not help is wife in any way shape or form become a part of the group. They are like cats and will land on their feet.

I think the Countess has the class of a gnat but I guess she is enough of a ratings draw.

Ramona, Ramona…likeable fool and I do hope she is not she is needing an intervention.

Sonja is lovable and has enough sass to make it through.

Cindy who?

28. West Coast Sasha Says:
    September 22nd, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I can understand getting Alex off, she never belonged, but Jill and Kelly have earned their spot. Ramona is a back-stabbing piece of shallow work and would have loved to see her out the door. If they become a cast of Ramona like ladies, count me out…will not watch it. The OC Housewives has never been as good with the newer ladies they have now (Alex and Peggy) Bring back some “real” housewives, their kids and their troubles…that made it “real”. Hope Bravo doesn’t ruin NY altogether.

29. Toni Savone Says:
    September 29th, 2011 at 9:16 am

I had already stopped watching last season because I can’t stand LuAnn. Since they decided to keep LuAnn I know I will NOT watch the next season. BAD CALL!!!!!

30. Arkansas Razorback Says:
    January 19th, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Need to get a whole new batch of housewives….
    Would help revive the fan base.

31. carole Says:
    November 1st, 2012 at 9:22 am

loved watching show very sad that gill has left liked bethany and gill did not like kelly very loop the loop

Comments