Bret Michaels Launching “Pets Rock” Line Of Pet Products

October 02, 2011 06:37 AM by Lisa Princ

Bret Michaels won us all over, as well as Donald Trump, with his dedication on season three of NBC‘s Celebrity Apprentice, in which he ended up winning. Due to his stint on the show bringing so much awareness to his charity, Bret Michaels has been asked to create a new line of pet products, which will be heading to stores next summer. Bret Michaels will be launching his “Pets Rock” collection in Petsmart, but what can we expect out of this line? Read on to find out!

Bret Michaels, of Celebrity Apprentice is pairing up with Petsmart to launch a new line of pet products which will be available in the summer or 2012. The new line called “The Bret Michaels Pets Rock Collection” will consist of apparel, toys, beds, feeders, collars and other accessories for our four legged friends. Petsmart asked Bret Michaels to partner up with them when they saw how successful Bret was in bringing awareness to the American Diabetes Association while he was on the show.

Being a dedicated animal lover, and owner of two dogs, Bret could not say no to this opportunity. Bret Michaels said of the partnership: “As a musician who loves animals, I’m thrilled to be collaborating with PetSmart to create the Bret Michaels Pets Rock collection. As a dedicated pet owner myself, this is a natural partnership for me, and I can’t wait to unveil the collection. I know my own pets rock, and I wanted to design a line of pet products every bit as fun and cool as they are.”

Meanwhile, Petsmart is excited about the partnership as well, as they recently said in a press release: “Adding the Bret Michaels Pets Rock collection to PetSmart stores enables us to continue to meet our pet parents’ needs with a cool line of products from an entertainer with a demonstrated passion for our four-legged family members.” The Bret Michaels Pets Rock line is set to be sold exclusively at Petsmart starting next summer and will be available in all of Petsmart’s 1,197 stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as online at www.petsmart.com.

What do you think of Bret Michaels starting a pet line of products? Will buy it? We can’t wait to check it out!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Links and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards.

Photo credit: NBC

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, NBC Reality TV Shows |

17 Responses to “Bret Michaels Launching “Pets Rock” Line Of Pet Products”

1. Tiffani Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 6:49 am

Gene Simmons will want in on it…

2. virginia Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 7:12 am

Go Bret!

3. evelyn nesbitt Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 7:13 am

I have numerous pets and will certainly visit his new line. My daughter and granddaughter got to know Bret. through his manager, while he was performing in Atlanta in ’93. He is a very nice, multi-talented young man.

4. Pam Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 7:52 am

Can’t wait to rock my dogs out with Bret gear

5. Karen S Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 8:05 am

Too bad Brett that you didn’t think of the little pet stores that are trying to survive against the big box store. Thanks for thinking of the little guy.

6. Roger Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 8:07 am

Is there nothing this has-been won’t endorse? Why not do some Hair Club commercials while you’re at it. Trust me Bret, you’re not fooling anyone with the bandana and the cowboy hat. And those Barbie dolls called – they want their hair back….

7. 12know Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 8:08 am

I did not know that Michaels was an animal lover. I do know that he has a good heart and is always up for helping out charities. He did a lot for the Diabetes Association when he was on Apprentice. He is a motivator.

8. joe Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 8:59 am

Surprised he didnt recommend “Pocket rocket for puppies”.

9. Adam Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 9:14 am

Did anyone proof-read this article? Terribly written.

10. Really? Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 9:30 am

This is a joke right? Come on Brett get back to music…

11. Sherri Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 9:43 am

I love Bret Michaels. I just wish it wasn’t PetSmart that he was teaming up with. They’re just too expensive. And yes, I love my doggie, but spending $30 on a chew toy is not my idea of ‘love.’ I also love my daughter, but I won’t spend $75 on a pair of jeans, either.

12. Mary Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I am pretty sure Bret Michaels raised money for the JDRF….Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation…when he was on the Celebrity Apprentice, not the American Diabetes Association (ADA). The JDRF focuses on Type 1 Diabetes, which is the type of diabetes that Bret Michaels has and it is the type in which the pancrease stops producing insulin, and it is not preventable nor at this time is it curable, and Type 1s must take insulin injections many times a day in order to live. The ADA researches for Type 1 and Type 2. Type 2 diabetes is where the pancreas still produces insulin, but the body does not use it effecively (often becasue of lifestyle decisions) and this type can sometimes (not always) be controlled by diet and exercise. Both are great causes, but the JDRF specifically is working on a cure for his type of diabetes (and the diabetes that his daughter seems to be manifesting). Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes are NOT the same disease, and the JDRF and the ADA are not the same charities!

13. Vicki Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I am very excited to here about that. It will be amazing im sure.

14. Lisa Princ Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 3:34 pm

According to NBC, he actually raised the money for The American Diabetes Association, where he has a special fund that sponsors diabetic children.

15. Lisa Riley Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I think this is a GREAT idea!!! I LOVE Bret Michaels & I LOVE Petsmart!!! I will buy anything that man sells cause I have been a fan all my life!! He is an amazing person and an even more amazing entertainer!! Looking forward to this my dogs will love it too!! :-)

16. Mark Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I wish him all the success in the world, I think he truly deserves to it after all he has been through.

17. Michele Says:
    December 13th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

It doesn’t mention products for cats. Cats like to rock too! Unfortunately, I don’t have a dog, but if the line included cats, I would certainly buy for them.

Comments