Gene Simmons And Shannon Tweed Are Finally Married

October 02, 2011 06:00 AM by Lisa Princ

The last time we heard from Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed of Gene Simmons Family Jewels, the couple set a wedding date, only after Shannon said she was not sure they would end up married! Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed have indeed kept the date they set. That’s right, Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed finally tied the knot last night! Read on for more!

After the much anticipated proposal to Shannon Tweed by Gene Simmons on the season finale of Gene Simmons Family Jewels on A&E, Shannon Tweed was not so sure the pair would be walking down the aisle. But, then the couple decided on a wedding date of October 1, and apparently they kept it as they were officially married last night! A rep for the famous couple confirmed to People Magazine that Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed had a ceremony outside on the crystal lawn at the Beverly Hills hotel yesterday.

After 28 years and two children, Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed said their vows, which they wrote themselves, yesterday in front of 400 guests, including everyone from Hugh Hefner to Gene’s fellow KISS band members. Shannon donned a beautiful ivory Priscilla of Boston gown, and held a bouquet of garden ivory roses. For their first dance, the pair chose a very fitting “At Last” by Etta James, which was set to be performed by their 19-year-old daughter Sophie.

A huge congratulations to the happy couple – it’s about dang time! A wedding special is supposed to air on A&E later this month for your enjoyment! Are you shocked that Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed finally tied the knot? Share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Gene Simmons Family Jewels and then come and discuss the show on our reality TV message boards. For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!

Photo Courtesy of A & E

Topics: A&E Reality TV Shows, Gene Simmons Family Jewels |

24 Responses to “Gene Simmons And Shannon Tweed Are Finally Married”

1. xao Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 6:06 am

One ugly dude

2. Connie Dale Tolentino Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 6:33 am

After two grown children it’s way past time!!! Even their children thought it was way past time!!!!

3. kimo Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 6:33 am

Who is that genne simmons..thats a pure felth,and i wont consider his social value for a penny….no manners,or behavior,lived like an animal,acted like an animal…give one principal that we can value ,or he lived for

4. Maria Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 6:44 am

All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS! No matter the celebrity status, the drama and pain leading up to the decision or the many years of waiting – 2 people who obviously loved each other deeply married. It is a beautiful happy time for them and their children.

5. Jimbo Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 6:57 am

Did they do it out of love, or for want of ratings? Their airing of personal relationship details, contrived or not, for reality tv was tasteless.

They should have kept this for themselves, and their families. Now, I guess they’ll have to pair up with the Kardashians to “take it to the next level”.

6. Mary Sue McCormick Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 7:04 am

Best wishes to you both. May your lives be filled with sunshine, laughter, and love!

7. Arlene Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 7:17 am

Shannon waited a long time and was the love of Gene’s life. Glad to see they’ve joined together as one in marriage. Wishing them nothing but the best from here on out. Also, hope Gene doesn’t regret it!

8. spitzmix Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 7:34 am

IT’S ABOUT TIME. AND WHAT WAS WRONG WITH HIM ANYWAY. SHE IS A SWEET, BEAUTIFUL WOMAN AND HE IS A DAM UGLY MAN. THE ONLY REASON WOMEN LIKE HIM IS BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS, CERTAINLY NOT HIS LOOKS. I WOULD NOT BE ATTRACTED TO HIM FOR ANY REASON.

9. Barbaraw Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 7:35 am

Gene you did the Right thing the only thing, thing Smart thing. Shannon I am so happy for you I hope y’all have many happy and Blessed years together. Sophie and Nick y’all are the best and I love you to pieces. Your Mom did a great job and your Dad helped just a lil (haha). I have watched from the start and
    have never enjoyed any reality show more, ok I’ve never wanted to watch any of them. Love y’all Good luck ..

10. Lisa Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 8:02 am

I am so happy for Shannon Tweed and Nick and Sophie and also for Gene Simmons. I pray that he really does realize how good he has it with Shannon and do a bang up job as her legal husband now and forever more!!!!!

11. Roberta Cramer Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 8:06 am

Gene and Shannon, Nick and Sophie,

Congratulations! It is about time, i have been a fan of Gene’s since the 70′s. As i grew up and you were an idol of mine. However, after watching the show i became more of a fan of the entire family, i almost lost repect for you towards the end of the season, Shannon has done a marvelous job caring for you and your 2 children, she deserves only the best. I am so over the moon happy for all of you. You have become a bigger idol of mine, when you stepped up and married her, congratulations again,i pray you have a long and continued happy life. I look foward to tuning in this year to your show.

Sincerely,

Roberta Cramer

12. JA Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 8:39 am

Seems they’re screaming law and order when I go with anyone’s daughter. Woman I should like some peace and daddy hold your tongue, I think you’re gonna die of fright when I tell you what I’ve done. I can hear your tales and lies you say I’m bum and scraggy but man this bum and scraggy is your daughter’s baby’s daddy. She’s a lucky daughter such a lucky daughter. Why did I always get the kind of girl I didn’t want to get? Now I got what I always fought for cause I married a rich man’s daughter! Courtesy of DP!

13. Kevin Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 8:41 am

Mozel Tov Gene and Shannon! Miracles do happen. Wishing you happiness, along with true earthly love, joy, and peace. Be blessed.

14. Bettty Steele Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 8:58 am

Everyone is so SICK of Bethenny Frankel! What a media phoney…PAleeze need to see more of KISS, and Tweed. TY.
    BSB and friends.

15. Barbara Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 9:07 am

FINALLY. so glad that they found the time to finally do it because they both knew it for a long time coming..omg so happy for them

16. Denise Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 9:19 am

I’m not surprised. Having recently participated in a reality show myself, I know how they operate. They are out to get the highest rating. One way to do that is to do something spectacular. In the case of the show I was on, there is an on-air proposal of the town’s fire chief to his long-time girlfriend. This show will probably be one of the top-rated shows that week.

17. Patti T. Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 10:09 am

Cool! Very happy for both of you.

18. Laurie Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 10:41 am

Congratulations!!! I have been praying for this to finally happen.

Now Gene keep away from the hotties!! You got a hottie by your side for life now.

19. Dave McCreary Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 11:46 am

This couple HAS shown their loyalty to each other and their children by completing their cycle. 28 years for a couple to make their commitment shows us all that BOTH of them are COMMITTED TO EACH OTHER. WAY TO GO!!!

20. Paul Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Gene should have had Shannon and the kids live in poverty for one year. Then, if they still didn’t like his behavior, he’d change.

21. Melissa T Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I am glad they got Married.I think she is the only one that would have put up with him all these years if she didn’t love him, I am sure the kids like the Idea of their Parents being married, finally! Now If will just last! Congratz To the both of them.

22. Robin D Says:
    October 4th, 2011 at 12:40 pm

To all of you haters, I have met Gene Simmons and he is an awesome man. He took the time to spend with my son on a Make a Wish trip this past summer. He was humble and gracious. He spoke highly of Shannon when asked and I know that he loves her. I too think it was time after 28 years but that was their decision to make not anyone else’s. I wish them the best and hope that they are together for a long time to come.

23. Michelle Says:
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:28 am

Look I could care less if they wed or not but i’m commenting because of how long it actually took them to tie the knot. 28 years loong friggin years…28?…seriously! Not only does the dude leave little to be desired…especially since he had two kids with her, he should have made her an honourable woman looooong time ago! Seriously! mother of your children deserves a show of loyalty to her, especially as a show of respect to having kids together and commitment that you willing to risk to get the damned biscuit!
    All the best!

24. Jennifer Says:
    October 12th, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I love you guys and the show. Would you consider helping me have a professional Haarley rider and me get to the place of Harley heaven. I have a motorcycle (Sporster 1200). It would make a great show. I’m a funny lady that is about the same age as Shanon. Please help me reach my goal of a life time. I also love your music and your attitude towards life. Let’s get on with the fun.
    Sincerly