Lee DeWyze Clears Up Misconceptions About Being Dumped By RCA Records

October 08, 2011 02:00 PM by Lisa Princ

We recently found out that American Idol on FOX‘s season nine winner, Lee DeWyze was supposedly dropped by his record label, RCA Records. After seeing the web buzzing about him, Lee DeWyze decided it was time to clear up some misconceptions for his fans. Read on to hear what Lee wanted to share!

American Idol’s season nine winner, Lee DeWyze, was suddenly dropped from his record label, RCA Records, only a year and a half after winning the show – or at least that is what we all thought. Lee DeWyze recently spoke out after hearing all the buzz about him, claiming that he was not just suddenly dropped from the label. In fact, Lee DeWyze says that RCA gave him plenty of notice, enough so to keep his career moving along.

Lee DeWyze recently took to Twitter as well and told his fans: “Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know I have not been with RCA for a good few months. I didn’t want that to be my focus…. I am putting out another album, and there are many things in the works. I am very happy to be making the music I am making, & the direction I’m going in.” Lee DeWyze reiterated that he is working on a new album, and he put together a team to help him move forward and continue making music.

This is great news for Lee DeWyze and his fans, who are anxiously awaiting his new album! Are you excited to hear Lee’s new album? We’ll keep you updated as we get additional details on when we can expect it!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great American Idol news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and then come and discuss the show on our American Idol message boards.

Photo credit: Fox

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, Lee Dewyze |

7 Responses to “Lee DeWyze Clears Up Misconceptions About Being Dumped By RCA Records”

1. Heat1022 Says:
    October 8th, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Very excited for the new album!! Can’t wait…this guy has the most amazing voice and talent to come around in a long time :) Sorry things didn’t work out with RCA but I definitely feel like it was their loss.

2. gatorgirl5028 Says:
    October 8th, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I am definitely excited for Lee’s next album. It never seemed as if RCA had him as a priority and I’m so glad he’s going to be able to make this album more “Lee style” as he tweeted recently. He is an amazing artist/musician and has become my favorite singer. He took the high road with this situation as he has every time and it only endears him to his fans all the more! Can’t wait for the next chapter in Lee’s career!!!!!

3. Kj Says:
    October 8th, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Lee has too much talent to sit idle.. RCA didn’t backhim, he’s better off without them!.. I for one can’t wait to hear what he’s up to, and to buy any music he puts out..I’ve never been drawn to a artists music like Lees, he sings with passion.. You just believe him.. That’s so important in music!

4. Donna Says:
    October 8th, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I am one fan that will be waiting for any new music from Lee. I’ve liked everything he’s done so far.

5. Tal Says:
    October 8th, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I admit im abit upset because RCA is a major lebal recording compeny, but thay didnt promoted him anywhere near the standarts.. he is gonna make good things now

6. SharonS Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Yes I am very excited that Lee came out publicly about what happened with RCA. Lee is a Class Act in every way. I’ve always liked him as a person and as a musician. He gives shout outs to many other singers including many American Idols specifically Adam Lambert not only when Adam mentored on AI but since that time on twitter. I wish Lee the best of luck in his future and I will continue support him and buy his music.

7. angieh Says:
    October 12th, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Lee is not the kind of guy to make big issues for anyone. He is just a nice guy who wants to make music. He really cares about his fans and he is talented. I hope his next album gets more play time because he has the soul of a poet. May God bless him and help him along his journey.

Comments