Duggar Family Growing To 20 Kids And Counting!

November 08, 2011 12:37 PM by Megan Thompson

Michelle Duggar, from the TLC show 19 Kids and Counting, appeared with her family on the Today show for their big baby announcement. Yes, the Duggar family is adding another child to their large family and they couldn’t be happier. Keep reading to find out what Michelle Duggar has to say about be pregnant at 45!

The Duggar family appeared on the Today show for their “surprise” announcement. If you were actually surprised by Michelle Duggar’s announcement than you really don’t know this family very well. Michelle Duggar, currently 45, is three months pregnant with her 20th child. This mom is already a grandmother; her oldest son has two children.

The couple’s last child, Josie, was born prematurely at 25 weeks and had numerous health problems. The public thought the health scare for both mommy and baby might make Michelle think twice about having another child, but Michelle had no hesitations. Jim Bob told Ann Curry, “Michelle and I both feel like some of the most blessed parents in the world. Our children are so sweet… we are so grateful to God.”

As for Michelle’s health she told the Today show, “I’m really in better shape than I’ve been in 20 years.” She works out five to six days a week on her elliptical. Plus chasing after that many kids has to keep you in shape.

So how did the Duggars announce the pregnancy to their other 19 children? Jim Bob gathered the children for a family photo and said, “smile – mom is going to have another baby!” The children were shocked, but excited at the same time. Jim and Michelle will learn the sex of their 20th child around Christmas time.

So what do you think about the Duggar family growing to 20 children? We know you have an opinion, so let’s hear it.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great 19 Kids And Counting news, please feel free to check outSirLinksALot: Reality Television

Photo Credit: TLC

Topics: 19 Kids And Counting, TLC Reality TV Shows |

146 Responses to “Duggar Family Growing To 20 Kids And Counting!”

1. cindy clemons Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 12:43 pm

As long as she’s healthy and they can afford the children, I think it’s their decision. I only have a problem with women having children when they can’t afford to take care of their needs both immediately and long term.

2. Bethany Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 12:44 pm

This is so stupid. These people are stupid. Anyone who cares about this is stupid.

3. LM Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Adding to their litter! If her husband was carrying & birthing, they’d have ONE kid!

4. Terry Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Oh, my God! AGAIN??? They’re son has a child now. They’re grandparents. They need to take a break.

5. Starr Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Well if I had a TV show where I was making money and all the inside help I am sure they get with medical assistance, food assistance, housing etc…..then I could have 20 kids too……

6. Nanette Varela Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 12:56 pm

God she makes me sick with that clown car vagina. We are pregnant with our first child and i have no clue how we’re going to support it. How does these jesus freaks do this???

7. Lill lou Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I hope to have atleast 5

8. Dee McVey Mehta Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I feel the state where Michelle Duggar lives should investigate this woman’s mental stability and who is really raising her numerous offspring. I feel this woman’s other children are raising their brothers and sisters – not Michelle. How could she possibly raise her own children when she is always pregnant? Is she jealous that her son and daughter-in-law have 2 children? Maybe JimBob needs to take contol of this continuous cycle and have a vasectomy.

9. May Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Good for them! I LOVE this family..They are the epitomy of what the American family can be again. I am a homeschool mom and there is alot to say about how hard it can be. I will also say it is most definately worth it! Especially for our special needs child who was getting very depressed in public school. The school anti-moral, pro homosexual agenda is also another reason to homeschool. It is not an anti-gay comment just an anti-special interest comment.

10. Karen Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Enough is enough already!

11. audrey Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I think this family must stop to think that if all their childen have the same amount of childen as they have, the world will be even more overcrowded.
    Nice to have an income from their appearances and videos of the family but living with cameras in the home is not the best way to raise childen.
    Enjoy the family you have and having the cameras in your home if that provides and income but NO more babies please.

12. Sue Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I am also a Christian, but I think it is obscene to have another child when you almost lost the last one. Does she think that that this one will be any different? This child may not even make it to birth.

I think God was sending them a message with the last child (being premature & will many life-long issues)…it is time to stop.

Perhaps she only got pregnant to make sure they get another season of their tv show.

13. JesusJosephandMary Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:14 pm

You can thank God all you want to, honey, but your hubby got you pregnant, not God.

14. nan Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

The fact that the family appears to not rely on government assistance to raise their family is amazing.I’ve never seen such well behaved kids on tv,what is the discipline?

15. YellowMutt Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Well, more power to them! Somebody needs to be able to keep up with all the dumb and degenerate people out there procreating at the speed of light. The Duggar’s produce wonderful, smart, well rounded children that are outstanding members of society. Make more! Society needs good people!

16. Debra Miller Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Twenty children just really blows my mind. And to look at their website that says too many children is like having too many flowers. Too me that is like comparing apples and oranges: foolish. Since I have what amounts to allergic allergy, yes indeed their are way too many flowers in the world and yes therefore in my mind there can be too many children. But each to their own for myself I have what I can in my heart handle: no children.

17. Jay Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I’m sorry but these people are just sick! I am sure that not all of these children gets even 20% of the attention they need…at least not while they are all built in “help”!! They are no more than slaves! I feel so sorry for these children and especially the younger ones and now that the mother is older she is more likely to have a Down’s Syndrome child. Shame on her…she is nothing but a baby machine…what a pitiful claim to fame! She has done nothing with her life but be a baby slave to her husband and inturn the children are slaves to the family…what a life!

18. DHassel2001 Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Here’s to a healthy mother and baby! Best of luck!

19. Jennifer Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:35 pm

If your grandchildren are older then your 20th child it’s time to close up shop!

20. Mary Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I don’t care how “fit” this woman thinks she is, but she had problems with several pregnancies, including a miscarriage. This last baby was barely more than a miscarriage, and has life-long health problems. If these idiots parents don’t think about themselves, they should at least think about the problems the next child will probably have. It is well known that genetic problems increase exponentially when the mother is over 40 years old.

21. Danielle Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I’m super excited for the Duggar Family! They take care of their kids, they have NO debt, they’re a wholesome family who love each other! No one should have any problem with them!

22. Bev Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:38 pm

“If you were actually surprised by Michelle Duggar’s announcement than you really don’t know this family very well.”
    Who is proofreading this stuff???? Than should be THEN!!!
    One of these either she or the baby she is carrying will die. The last one was born at 25 weeks and had multiple problems. Hope the next one does not have problems.

23. No Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Stop giving these people more publicity.This behavior should not be encouraged, especially since we have reached the 7 billion mark world-wide.

24. Joe Juarez Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:42 pm

The Duggars have 19 children so far not one of whom has ever been on welfare or other assistance.
    They have done an outstanding job as parents so far, so if they want another child that is their business. I wish them all continued happiness.

25. justina Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I think it is discusting. I mean really? I know the lord said be fruitful and multiply but i don’t think he meant like that. THere is no reason to have that many children. Thats why all the children are home schooled. As not to be ridiculed. I love this family watch the show all the time but MIchelle is to old to be having more children. I mean really?!!! Are you even thinking about your children? REally? I mean of course they are excited, that is all they know! THey were probably like “Isn’t it about time for mom to have another child?” I mean 19?!! and now 20? If you were really trying to show someone anything it was how to keep all your children under your control until they get married. That is all. THose children are friends to each other and that is all and of course they like it because that again is all they know. Each other. BUt having another baby? WHat happens when something happens with this baby? She just got past the PPD period with the youngest now she’s gonna put it all back in the front and put her old body through that stress. And yes she is old to old to be having a 20th child.

26. Mo Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

As far as we know they are paying for them and not the government….GOD BLESS THAM!!!

27. samuel bowyer Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:45 pm

SHE IS NUTS

28. agustin aguayo Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:45 pm

i,think that is fine that they like kids,however 20 is too many.Mr.shoud cut his winner off to ritered.They are no funny.

29. DENNIS Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:46 pm

It’s Gods will…. He wanted Jim Bob to have more at his table …than HE had at the LAST SUPPER!!!!!!

30. Greg Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Ok this is starting ti feel like a sickness. Maybe they’ll be on Hoarders next

31. Melissa Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Good thing they keep having children. We are soooo under populated and there are no kids that are trapped in the system with no familys to love them. Selfish, selfish people!!!

32. stauvy Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

The Duggar’s are nice people with a beautifully large family, but there is a time for common sense and this is the time. Look at the complications for both mom and Josie, but God will be with them no matter the outcome.

33. Donnie Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I think it’s absolutely wonderful, if you watch the show then you know they are fantastic parents and wonderful people,the whole family,lots of people could learn a lot from this family.

34. Candice Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I dont understand why she would have another child. With all the problems she had the last child. Is it more import to have more kids or be a mother to the kids she has now,This time coulld take her life and 19 kids will be without a mother.Wish there family the best and lets hope her body can hold out for this child

35. Jerrilynn Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Congratulations to them on their blessing. But this is really nobody else’s business, and I have a serious problem with people who parade their children around on reality TV shows. This couple is like Jon & Kate Plus Eight on steroids. While I am happy for their blessed news, this is none of my business & these people need to keep their private lives–AND their children–out of the public eye. Did you learn NOTHING from the Gosselins?

36. gmp Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:56 pm

So her last pregnancy almost caused her her life
    her child also suffer, due to premature delivery
    and she cares so little for the 19 children she has that she is Risking a child and Her life. In other words taking a hughe risk of leaving 19 kids orphans???? Cause dont think for one minute
    her husband is going to dedicate his life to those kids, he will be out there looking for a new Uterus to break record of 40 or 50 kids and no step mom will have patience to deal with 19 or 20 kids that are not hers. Selfish and Inresponsible. Who maintains those kids the Goverment????? welfare ??

37. Calmspirit Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:57 pm

They need to be spayed and neutered! SMH

38. Vern Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 1:59 pm

disgusting

39. CB Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I wish her, her husband, and all the children good health and happy lives.

With this said, I am concerned that she may need to get into counseling to find out why she is likely addicted to having children. What “void” is she trying to have the newest and latest baby fill?

If I didn’t believe there is something deeper and psychological going on here, to me, her constantly wanting to be pregnant and deliver babies is – well – selfish.

1. Is it fair to the child to have to share parents with so many siblings?

2. What kind of quality bonding exists between parent and child when there is so much competition for time with the parent?

3. Is it fair to expect the other children to be quasi-parents to the other children?

4. God forbid, if something happens to her, can you imagine her husband trying to care for all these children in their home? What if media stops wanting to see so much of them on tv? Will his earnings support this brood? Do they have passive income streams, enough to cover expenses and healthcare, should his business become unstable?

Yes, it is in God’s hands – and I suspect spiritually speaking God also gave us common sense to know what is responsible parenting and socially responsible.

Reality check – these two are good conversation point for ‘should society have a limit before enforced sterilization’?

40. jesica Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:00 pm

There is soomething wrong with these people. There is no way you can give all of those children the real relationship with you they need. It is so SELFISH to have another child at her age after the last one had so many problems! When is she going to stop?

41. Maryann D. Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:03 pm

This is not even funny! What about birth control? I think they like making $$ off of this. Disgrace.

42. heather Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I believe it is time to quite she just better becareul and i hope she quites soon. Not be rude or anything but she is getting older and her body might not be able to handle such stressers such as another child birth. I am mean the child already had health issues so whos to say the other one wont. I hope not but who knows. That is a lot of children. They are very blessed to have so many children and be able to care for them. I think it is time to let her married children to share the blessing and start the family wihtout the grandparents having children themselves.

43. p carlisle Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:08 pm

REDICULOUS, THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY….IF HAVING BABIES DID’NT PUT THEM IN THE SPOT LIGHT, THEY WOULD NOT BE OVER BREEDING LIKE THIS…..THIS IS TWISTED AND SICK…GET REAL PEOPLE……

44. Carrie Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Unbelieveable. At some point you should wake up turn these things over to the younger generation. Goodness knows they have enough children to take over! It doesn’t seem fair that these children will have such aging parents. They aren’t responsible for populating the planet…..

45. Carrie Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I am just beside myself. How on earth can they care for so many children? How are they supporting themselves? I think they should ban them from having anymore kids. I think its disgusting and to flaunt it.

46. Cin Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:17 pm

These people may, at one time, have started manufacturing kids out of their “duty” to God, but let’s be honest-they’re in it for the $$ now. How else are they going to support so many kids? It’s abusiness to them now. Mother Duggar will keep spitting them out until her insides MELT onto the floor. HUMAN PEZ DISPENSER.

47. sharyn jensen Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:22 pm

When is enough, enough? Has this family never heard of zero population? We have more than enough people in the world right now.

48. Rose Wegner Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Having a 20th child at the age of 45 does put one under public scrutiny. People talk about the genetic risk, but, then other celebrities and non-celebrities give birth in their late 40′s, some even early 50′s. It is indeed phenomenal to birth and raise 20 children; few people have the physical capacity, nor financial means to do this well. The Duggars seem to have an extraordinary way of carrying this off, few couples would survive this, especially without the large salaries of a “reality show”.

49. Tabi Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I like the Duggar family. They seem like good people. I’ve heard that we (as tax payers) might be footing the bill. I don’t believe they are on any type of welfare or public assistance. I sometimes have mixed feelings. (1) There are plenty of kids in the world who need a home, and (2) Many of us, like myself, would like to have just one child but can’t. If the Duggar family is self-sufficient and we don’t have to pay for their joy in reproduction, I don’t see why their big family is so “wrong”. Their kids are good. They are modest, polite, respectful, and thankful. They have hearts of gratitude. They aren’t brats. They have a strong Christian faith. Many of them are old enough to be out and about- screwing up- but they aren’t. I don’t think we’ll ever see one of the Duggar kids on TMZ or RadarOnline for doing something utterly inappropriate. I don’t think Michelle will ever get a boob job, a tummy tuck, veneers on her teeth or even hair extensions. I don’t think Jim Bob will ever get hair plugs or be photographed in Vegas with a random bimbo or worse, be photographed out on the town with a barely coherent Kate Major look-alike. Compare their path of success to another infamous couple who ended up being all show and no go.

People have criticized that the older kids raise the younger kids. Big families work best as a team. Even if Jim Bob and Michelle had only 5 children, it would be important for the family to work together and important for each family member to do their part. Otherwise, they would have a bunch of potentially overweight, selfish, self-centered kids who lay in their rooms with their heads buried in Facebook or video games. I pray that the Duggers don’t let the success of their TLC show go to their heads. I doubt Michelle got pregnant for the show. When we (as viewers) were first introduced to the Duggars, they already had 17 kids. This is not something they did for the cameras unless it was premeditated for 17-18 years. If having 17 kids is a sure bet for making someone famous, maybe we should share this info with Spencer and Heidi as well as the rest of the fame chasers in the world.

As long as the Duggars are supporting themselves, I don’t see what’s wrong with their big family. It seems a little odd for them to be pumping out babies when they already have two grand-children but they have to live with their decisions. In light of the last pregnancy, I’m afraid that Michelle is putting her life in danger but that’s where their strong faith in God comes in. It’s a very personal decision and only they can make it. I pray that the rest of her children, her husband, and even her grand-children do not lose her and have to spend the rest of their lives without her simply because she and Jim Bob wanted to have another baby.

To see the Duggars and their love and support for one another is heart-warming- even inspiring. I wish the Duggars my very best.

50. Lucinda Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:24 pm

OMG, what is she thinking!!!! I guess things were getting dull so time for another kid for another media blitz! These people just want constant attention and limelight!

51. Tammy Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Stupid, that’s what I think! Why is she risking her own life as well as the life of a baby, when the last pregnancy went so badly? When is it time to say enough is enough already?!

52. Anna Gisen Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Well, she’s no Octomom – but thank goodness. I’d hate having all those kids myself but you know each kid is loved, seems happy, well mannered, kind, will be productive most likely. They don’t take welfare so if this floats their boat, good for them! The world can always use more responsible, caring people who don’t steal, beat on others, use drugs, cheat and such.

53. April Whitehead Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I can’t believe after having the problems they had last time…they would have another baby. It is her body…but if something happens to this child (premature birth, still birth, birth defect)it is all on them and they should be blamed. Babies don’t ask to be brought into this world. Why can’t they just be happy and realize they have been truly blessed with the children they have?

54. Rosalyn Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

They are really ridiculous. There is no way that they can raise so many children and give the children what they deserve/need.

Just because a woman can, doesnt mean she should have 20 kids. Two idiots.

55. Pammie Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I think this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. The older children are expected to help take care of the younger children and that just is not right. They did not have those babies, mom and dad did. They need to take full care of the babies and I will just about bet all this continual breeding will stop. Yeah, she can work out on a machine…because while she is doing that, one of the other children are babysitting the little ones. In the long run, when some of these children start getting some age on them, they are going to be unhealthy because of so much birthing and their bones, etc., are not going to grow right. These horny parents need to slow down and stop calling so much attention to themselves.

56. Susan Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:37 pm

The Duggars have a small family compared to Adam and Eve. I cannot imagine what the family reunions could have been like. Can you imagine? Twenty children is like almost nothing in comparison!!!!!
    Having children in this country has become something like a curse. Abortion is so widespread.
    As long as the children are healthy and the family is happy, go for it!

57. MrsB Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:37 pm

All their children are happy, healthy – even the last one who was born early – and they are all well mannered. They are all learning to care for others and give back. Reading these comments, I think others can learn from them. Whether they have 1 or they have 20 doesn’t matter. They have had their own resources, and were debt free long before the show came along. I say best wishes to the new addition. That child is going to have alot of love!

58. Tamara Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:39 pm

My only comment would be, “WHY?” They are already so blessed. I’m sure some of the children have long figured out that they are just some sort of publicity stunt for their attention starved parents. This is just so sad. If they want to truly do something then stop having children and adopt all those who are waiting to be loved.

59. Faye Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I agree with Tabi’s (#12) comment. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

60. Janice Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I was shocked to hear they are expecting again. She is 45 and has so many kids. At her age the possibility of having a child with Down’s is so much greater. They should have stopped and been thankful for what they have. I would be concerned about her health also. How many more kids do they want????

I dearly love kids, but we stopped at 3 and some days I thought 3 were too much.

61. iceman Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I Think They Just Wanted An Even Number of kids lol

62. Annie W Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Seems all she wants to do in life is sscrew & sit on her butt and let her *free help* raise the family. Time to get spayed. Sleeping with her must be like poking a walking stick in a large tunnel. Sick.

63. angelichumbird Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:46 pm

okay this is ridiculous. The older kids have to be paired up as a buddy system works in the Army. They have to feed, bath, and dress the younger kids. No wonder none of them want to have kids of their own. They have been raising their own siblings their entire lives. Since this is her 1st caesarean I pray that her and the baby are healthy. But it comes a point when its time to stop. Is this the new aged OCD?

64. Sindi D Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I think it is crazy, look what happened with the last pregnancy. I truly believe that it was Gods way of letting them know it was time to stop. Just because he has blessed them with another pregnancy does not mean anything. It is really sad that the older ones have to do so much to help out with the younger ones all of the time. I get that, that is what family is all about but these kids have to be kids as well. If you are going to decide to have children than it is your responsibility to do the raising, not the other childrens. What I do believe is great is the fact that the state is not paying for this family to coninue making babies and living. Yes they are a happy family and Michelle seems a little too happy all of the time, but who wouldn’t be if you had all of that help raising all the babies you produced. Don’t get me wrong I love watching this family but give me a break when is enough enough?

65. Erica Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Do they not realize there is a serious population problem??? These are very ignorant people. Think about the rest of the world!

66. GB Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Having children is a blessing, but the world sees it as curse. We had a vasectomy almost 10 years ago after only 3 children and have regretted it since. They put the decision for life into God’s hands. That alone is commendable. They seem like a great family to me!

67. Marianne Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Anyone who thinks having a large family is “new” or “disgusting” might want to examine his / her family tree more closely. As a family historian, I can tell you that prior to WWII, most families had upwards of 5 children, 10 was not uncommon, and MANY had 20 children. There was no such thing as public assistance. Older children helped rear the younger ones. That was life, and it was accepted. My Grandparents had 9 and 7 children respectively. The Great-grandmothers had between 9-12 each….and there is a case of 20 fathered by a G-G-Grandfather (he had 10 children by the 1st wife, remarried after she died, and fathered 10 more.)

As long as the Duggars are self-supporting…it is none of my business how they run their family; I have enough to do to care for my own. I do have concerns for the baby she is carrying. Being a premie, #19 had lots of medical issues, and I have no reason to think #20 won’t have some sort of issue too.

From their website:
    “As a family project the Duggars built a 7000 sq. ft. home debt free! Both Jim Bob and Michelle are licensed real estate agents.They often host and facilitate the Jim Sammon’s Financial Freedom Seminar. Jim Bob served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2003 and was a candidate for the U.S. Senate in 2002.”

68. mztonit Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I really don’t give a #@$%!

69. carmen Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I think enough is enough. all the children in that family are working like slaves to keep it going. The parents are inconsiderate and need to stop. They are on a high with the TV show etc..to keep producing. I think they are stupid to keep having all these kids..Risking her life and the well being of the other kids..I know those kids are tired of hand me downs and cleaning up chitty babies.

70. Alex Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I’m So excited!! I love their family!

71. Jenni Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Although the thought of having 20 children is beyond my realm of thinking, we are not to stand in judgement of this couple. God has a purpose and a plan for each of us and our ways are not His ways. If He sees fit to allow this couple to have yet another child, then there is a reason. A child is the greatest gift there is and also the greatest responsibility that brings challenges and precious moments and it’s what we do with these children that tests our integrity as a person. I can honestly say I can’t imagine having this many children but then I guess God decided the two I have was enough for me. He obviously planned and purposed for the Duggard’s to have more. As longs as they do right by each child, that’s ALL that matters!

72. Ellen Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:05 pm

In this country women have the right to choose. She chooses life & that is her choice. Her children are blessings to her!

73. only child Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I think that this is great news!!!! I know I wish that I could have one brother or sister but could you amagine having 19!!!! This baby will be in good hands with his siblings and his parents. And they know they will be able to get dippers even if their camrea crew has to go get them in snowstorms(past show).

74. connie mosley Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:10 pm

i think they are stupid for having this many kids, i dont believe in abortion but i do birth control

75. Heidi Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I don’t think their doing anything wrong, as in I don’t think they mean any harm in having so many kids, but I worry about the health of mother and baby. I mean Mrs. Dugger has been pregnant most of her life, in good shape or not that takes a toll on the body. I know that Josie was very early, but what about the baby before her (Jennifer?) wasn’t she early too? I worry that Mrs. Dugger’s pregnancies will continue to get shorter and shorter. What’s going to happen if this baby or even the next one ends up having special needs that requires lifetime round the clock care? How, even with the older children helping, is that going to work with that many little ones running around? I know all the children present and future will have all the love in the world, I just pray everything continues to go well for mother and babies!

76. miss m Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:22 pm

i dont feel she should have anymore she is 45 give it up already.she already had problems with last child and this one could be worse god forbid but it could happen.that to me is beeing selfish and all the other childeren have no freedom sorta speak when they haveto help out with all 19 other kids.they will not have a normal childhood like all kids should have.they are very dumb and adopt if you want to have so many kids.

77. K. L. Hunt Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:25 pm

It is their right, their business, and we should have nothing negative to say. Yet, everyone is so quick to condemn! How about: CONGRATS! (???)

78. Sue Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:31 pm

“Quantity, not quality.”

79. Cat Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:35 pm

WOW! I’m not shocked but I truly thought they would stop after the scare they had with their last child. I’ve got to hand it to Michelle Duggar, there is no way I could do what she does with those kids! She has way more patience than I do. Do I think they need more children? No, it’s time to stop because she has reached an age where there are too many complication factors. She needs to enjoy the kids she has and help raise her grandchildren.

80. JD Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:40 pm

This is just selfish for them to keep having kids when the older girls are doing most of the raising…i mean you can see in the show that when a little one cries out for someone its Jill or Jana or Jessa its just wrong. These girls NEED to have thier own lives!!!. By the time jim bob and michelle can raise these kids on thier own the girls would be in thier 30′s…Really inconsiderate and downright wrong. People please remember that its the duggar older girls that are going to do all the work here not the parents. Dont even get me started on the fact that she could take her own life as well as her babies just really irresponsible plain and simple…very sad

81. Allison Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Enough already!! The world is already overpopulated!!!! I just hope the baby is going to be ok, considering what poor Josie has had to go through.

82. Katie Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

REALLY GUYS, Its ber life NOT yours!!! If she wants to have more than 5 let her!! Its her life and let her live it! She doesn’t need you rude Ass people telling her “its bad for her health, and They are crazy for doing this!” Just leave her alone! She is doing what she wants to do in her life! And she doesn’t need you guys to ruin it for her!! And Since they are having more children, they problary Like doing what they do!
    And all am saying Is leave her alone and stop talking CRAP about her!!!

83. dingydoo Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:54 pm

wow that lady has too much kids, which means she has too much s e x with her husband

84. blah Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I don’t know why people admire these people it’s stupidity how they are allowed to do this and have that many kids. Also there are others in this world that need more then these people it’s time to take them off TV and start making them work for what they got stupid ass folks.

85. Gina Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:56 pm

The problem I have with the Duggars’ having so many kids is that the parents are NOT raising them. Michelle gives birth and nurses the baby, then hands them over to one of her other kids to raise. Whenever you see them out and about, the older girls are holding the younger ones’ hands or carrying them, while Michelle and JimBob walk ahead holding hands and smooching. If they actually participated in being hands on parents, I might be impressed. As it is, they just continue having kids for the publicity and to keep their TV show going. Also, because of the limited education these kids get, none of them will be able to function anywhere except in their small world that consists of their family and the only friends they have, the Bateses. Its sad that the kids will never experience having friends over for sleepovers, movie dates, high school football games, and all the other fun memories that most kids have as they grow into adulthood.

86. TheBride Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I figured they ran out of names. I was wrong.

87. Cyndi Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 3:59 pm

The Duggar family is awesome and they do a heck of a good job at raising their kids. And for the ignorant comments about the taxpayers paying for all this— UNTRUE! They are not on any type of assistance. They run their own businesses, and they do get money from the show (which is fine!), so they make plenty of money. Government assistance is INCOME based, not CHILDREN based. Once you make over $30,000-$40,000 a year, you get NO assistance!!! If any of you have ever even seen the show then you would know the truth! People just like to say ignorant, negative things about people because they are jealous and dissatisfied with their own life!! Well, I feel nothing but bad for you. Go Duggars!

88. Sarah Reald Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I would just really like to give that woman a good slap and tell her “We are not in the 1980′s anymore (though you probably think so, since you believe you are still twenty five and in your prime years of child bearing) its time to chop off that greasy perm of yours!!!”

89. Leenie Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Ugh. When your grandkids are older than your kids…it’s time to stop. I thought for sure when the 19th baby has so many health issues they would quit.

90. maxtor123 Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:04 pm

These people home school their kids and are NOT on public assistance. They are not the enemy, they are the model of character and virtue. They are honest and work. They pay their own way and stay out of trouble. The have been married for once and have been married for years. Why do people hate those that do good?

91. Amy Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I think they are part of a religious cult or something…I mean, come on? Others have commented on how they support themselves financially, how they can pay attention to 20 freakin kids, and of course the discipline issue?? It was hard enough before birth controll came along for ” cathlioc or christian” families to raise all their kids back then…can u imagine how difficult and expensive it would be today? I am sure that they claim to have “chores” yea right..someont hit it the nail on the head…the poor kids are like little slaves…just like in the old days…Get over your so called “religious” believes and GET ON THE PILL OR GET A FREAKIN VASECTOMY…PLEASE!

92. BabyGirl Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:06 pm

This woman and her husband are ridiculous!!!! 20 kids at the age of 45???? I think she has a mental issue and I think she and her husband are ADDICTED to getting pregnant. It is not fair for this woman to bring “another” baby into this world at the possible risk to this child. It’s wrong! I feel that they are money hungry, greedy people that will do anything to keep their gravy trains moving!

93. barbb Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Best wishes to them, it is their choice and no one needs to question that. They are taking care of their kids, supporting them, and raising them to be good people in society. God knows we need more of those people in the world! Who says they are living off medical assistance and any other assistance that costs the taxpayers? No one should make judgemental remarks about anyone. I see a wonderful loving family that supports and helps each other, and looks after each other.

94. Melody Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Congratulations Michelle & Jim Bob! I think it’s great! It does say Be fruitful & Multiply! Let’s see the older kids help out with the younger ones while pursuing their own careers & participate in the Fire Dept. They are debt free(amazing in this day & age!) And they have income properties that they rent out to support themselves, they are always going places to learn new things and contributing to the community in so many ways. And they are Missionaries! I think it’s wonderful! They have alot more on the ball than alot of other people!

95. Carroll Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I think it’s fine as long as they can afford to do it. My only concern is that a woman of Mrs. Duggar’s age is at higher risk of having a baby with Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome). I also have to think that although she is in good shape, having so many children does take a toll on the body. Josie – her youngest – who was a premie – still has a lot of health issues, too. I know the older kids help out but it’s placing a lot of responsibility on them to take care of a sick sibling. I wish them all luck and I hope God blesses them with a healthy baby.

96. Rachel Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

the J name for this kid should be Jesus because its a damn miracle that a 45 year old woman is going to have baby number 20! good lord!

97. J Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Like most of these comments, I think this woman is flat out nuts. Animal hoarders and hope garbage hoarders seek professional help. I think she is no different than those people but she hoards babies. Her husband is cruel to keep impregnating her, no woman’s body can continue to keep poppling them out like a pez dispenser. TLC also should be ashamed of themselves, they are making money off of being irresponsible breeders. HOW SORRY I feel for the girls in that family with mama pez as their example of what being a woman is.

98. Chnice Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Gross!!!!!

99. Kali Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Please God give me the strength to not say something derogatory about having 20 chilodren…please! C’mon Michelle…Josie nearly died she was born so early, you know middle aged women have difficult pregnancies and can have babies wth birth defects. ENOUGH ALREADY!

100. tjake13 Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:17 pm

God is not getting her pregnant. Somebody with a penis is… A form of greed, is what the duggars’ are doing. Either they love themselves; or she wants to keep her huband, by having his children.

101. Kelli Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:19 pm

This is INSANE….they have no regard for all these children….you cannot be a good parent with so many kids running around…someone needs to show Jim Bob and Ms Vagina how to have sex without getting preggo…like a BJ or ORAL OMG they have NO clu and this is child cruelty…also they look like those cult people the way they dress……this is just INSANE!

102. Marilyn Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:21 pm

i watch the show all the time and enjoy it, im from a family of 10, and my mother is from a large family my grandmother gave birth to 15 children, i wish all my sibling got along like the duggers, we are all grown up and barley see each other, we had a hard life and up bringing.im the second youngest at age 52 and when i watch the duggars i wish my family was like thiers, mind you we did have some good times growing up but also some bad times and hard times. to michelle and jim Bob congrats, but please michelles be careful you dont want to put yourself and baby in danger and lose your life trying to have another child , you have a great family and you would leave them motherless and thats a heart ache, think of all the great children you have now, dont put you life in danger having more children at your age, the body can only work for so long.

103. tracy petersen Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Awsome news….congrats duggar family!

104. p trietley Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I don’t think She can give undevoted attention which each child needs. The brothers and sisters are responsible for their siblings and mentally they are not ready to be parents.

105. bern Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:34 pm

this man has no respect for this woman i think he regards her as a brood mare.she must be simple minded to go along with this program for so many years.guess he hooks up with her once a year

106. Jaque Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:39 pm

It honestly bothers me to see the negative feedback his family gets. These are genuinely kind and wonderful ppl that would give u the shirt off their back if it would help you. It is their religious belief that this is what they are here for. They do it well they are not spending their money on new clothes their thrift store they aren’t going on vacations. They are raising 19 human beings to the best of their abilities. With the best intentions an amazing work ethic and probably the most sincerest hearts around. It’s too bad that when you find really great honest and generous ppl, there is a group out the door waiting to tear them down because their different and not the way that “normal” ppl are. I’m guessing half of the ppl making negative comments are those ppl that say they hate dramatic and judgmental ppl.

107. Aless Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Do we care? I do not care a pickle !

They are making money from their

“enjoyment”, the News channel

are paying them who knows how much.

With so many really interesting news that

deserve to published, I see no reason to keep

bringing that trash to the readers.

(That I should stop reading? of course !
    but it is in front of the daily news.)

108. Cassie Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I think that if she has the patience and time.. she’s in shape, etc. More power to her, BUT!.. I really don’t feel like she is the one taking care of these babies.. If you watch the show.. her older children are the ones taking care of the young kids.. and they all have chores.. so I mean.. when you think about it.. What is Mrs. Duggar doing all the time, other than getting knocked up?!?!?!

109. annie Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:46 pm

These people are idiots….There is no way they can give the attention these kids need. They are just adding to this earth’s crisis.

110. momof2 Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:47 pm

As a woman that had difficulties getting pregnant. God Bless them! I am very excited. I do understand that the idea of 20 children is hard to grasp BUT this family is well disciplined and they would do anyting for anyone.
    BEST WISHES TO ALL OF THE DUGGERS!!

111. Jennifer Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I just can’t believe the number of comments being left by people criticizing this family. However many children this woman has is their own business. They support them with no government assistance and all of their children are the most upstanding of individuals. The show is great because it displays how a family like theirs works together and loves one another. If only there were more families like theirs in the world. If this pregnancy is successful I’m sure Michelle will continue to have babies until she reaches menopause. It is their Christian belief that contraceptives are wrong and that they should have as many children as God allows them to. Do I agree with that? Absolutely not, I’m not even a Christian. But I respect their beliefs BECAUSE they have proven to be self sufficient, wonderful people.

112. Michelle Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I think that it is their business if they want to have 20 kids. It is obvious they are all well taken care of and loved and that is the most important thing. I personally would not want 20 kids, but then again, I could never afford them either. I wish them the best!!

113. Kelly Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Some of you people should have your mouths washed out with soap, saying such nasty things about them. You have no right to judge them. They are raising happy, healthy, upstanding, MORAL children and DO NOT depend on welfare OR food stamps. They are self-sufficient and support their family, which is more than I can say for some people with only 2 or 3 children who sit on their butts all day and expect society to support them. If they want to have 20 kids, MORE POWER TO THEM! It’s none of your business! God bless Michelle and her new baby. EVERY child is a blessing. May God watch over them and keep them healthy.

114. Kelly Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Some of you people should have your mouths washed out with soap, saying such nasty things about them. You have no right to judge them. They are raising happy, healthy, upstanding, MORAL children without depending on welfare OR food stamps. They are self-sufficient and support their family, which is more than I can say for some lazy people who ARE on welfare and sit on their butts all day expecting society to support them and their family. If they want 20 kids, MORE POWER TO THEM! It’s none of your business! God bless Michelle and her new baby. EVERY child is a blessing. May God watch over them and keep them both healthy.

115. Traci Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Really you want 20 kids!! That is way to many and why not enjoy your grandkids while you can. But hey whatever enjoy it. The grandkids are older than the aunt or uncle. Is it time to stop????

116. Doula Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Stupid (and Selfish) is as stupid does!!!!

117. Courtney Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 6:20 pm

wow. this chick is havin her 20th kid. um im srry but ur fuckin stupid. i agree i would like many kids but not so many that i go broke and can’t provide for my family. u don’t stop parenting once ur child turns 18. u parent for life which means they may ask for money for help. my personal limit is between 5-8 kids. im srry but i’ll laugh my ass of if that family goes poor. 20 kids is way too many and i dont know why u want that many.

118. Barb Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I watch this show all the time and when Im at work I tape it. I think Michelle and Jim Bob are very nice people and you can tell they really love the lord. God bless them with this many children it takes a strong marriage and family together to be able to make this all work. But with GOD all things are possible. I pray all goes well with this pregnancy and Michelle’s health. I know 20 kids would never be for me. I have 3 sons and 3 grandkids and this is a blessing.

119. TIesa Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 7:16 pm

WHat HEALTH issues does she expect??? The last baby was 15 weeks early and MOST families would still be paying medical billls,,,,not to mention long term effects….WHY cannot these IRRESPPONSIBLE parents either stay busy raising the 19 they have OR stay away from each othe or GO forbid use birth/slf control!!!!!!

Just make it STOP!!!

120. Lisa Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Hey, to each his own! lol I just hope this child is healthy because I couldn’t imagine having to take care of a 20th child, possibly with special needs, just because I misinterpreted scripture. I have three beautiful children, and I am very happy with the family I have. :) As a Christian, I know that God gave the “be fruitful and multiply” commandment to the first generation of people He created in order to populate the earth, there was a necessity for it then, however, a lot has changed in a few thousand years, I think the Duggards must have missed that. :)

121. Wet blanket Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I know everyone saying if they can afford it but i don’t care if they can afford it. I thin its unfair to the other children, instead of being a child and having social activities to make them well rounded individuals , they are babysitting their siblings.

Moreover, something don’t seem right when mothers is having babies at the same time their children are having babies. Her grand kids have aunts or uncles younger than they are, just wrong. “billy go ask your aunt for advice” Billy replies “Cant! shes not home from day care yet” grrrr

122. lindsey Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 7:59 pm

we really need china’s one child policy

123. carolyn Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 8:35 pm

If her adorable husband “jim bob” went to work with the men and they had to look at it he would have had his stuff tied or something. It is scriptual to “be fruitful and multiply” but even God would not hold her up just taking chances on birthing kids in her vaginal environment. There are some problems. He makes them we watch TV and take care of them. He does not sanction college, some of those kids will get professions and leave the country club of 20 and counting. Her GYN Md. she teach them the joys of sex and find out you don’t have to get knocked up to enjoy. The sons wife looks like she would really like to have an enjoyable time in the bed, seems like the only way they can throw down is to get knocked up. what a shame. hope they read this. some of their lifestyle is good and the production line is not good even to watch really. I feel sorry for her, what happens if she does not progess well and health is bad? Is the last child mentally stable? Who knows she laughs and throws kisses, but is she well, like normal? Those kids only know 1 thing go outside have a bonfire picnic, go to daddys birthday party eat some food, go help the next one with the birthing factory open a car shop, start the baby land up, don’t go to college and if there was no reality TV, how would they really manage? Do they ever think about the real world? Grandma

124. Bakergirl Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I have a friend from HS who followed certain religious practices and believed the same thing they did. After pregnancy number 5, the doctor told her to stop. She died with baby number 8, during childbirth. After Michelle’s last baby was born, it was very clear that her body was telling her to stop. This has nothing to do with being able to “afford” the children. I have watched the show, and while they are wonderful children, the oldest are the caregivers. Not just a helping hand, but BEING the parent. It isn’t fair. I just pray that her body doesn’t give out, and these 20 children are left without a mother.

125. Jessica Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 9:28 pm

First off they can do what they want …. it’s her body and if she wants 20 children, girl go for it. They are NOT on government aid and they already had money and NO debt even before their TLC show. I just hope nothing happens to her or her baby.

They put their whole lives in GOD’s hands so they don’t sweat what anybody else says. In the end the people talking crap about them and about how they should stop having children… those are not the people they have to answer to.

126. Noella Johnson Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I think she can do what ever she wants and also know that these are people after GODS own heart and our Heavenly Father is going to take care of that family. I wish people would stop saying bad thing about that family. To the family GOD BLESS YALL AND CONGERTS!!!!! I watch the show all the time and love it.

127. bc Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 9:54 pm

This guy has it made; he brainwashed his wife long ago to think his sperm is a gift from God. OK, if that’s just sour grapes, then he’s creating the possibility of forcing 20 orphans on his local community should he and his wife meet an untimely demise. If everything went according to plan for this dickhead and if everyone fertile couple in the world had 20 children, we’d all be armpit deep in 140 BILLION people rather than 7 billion. I volunteer to cut off his balls before baby 21 (or at least volunteer to collect for his vasectomy.)

128. JP Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 10:01 pm

While I would not personally want 20 children, oh heck even ten for that matter. This is their decision, as for the people who say her last child was premature the next one will be too, that isn’t true and not all premies have life long health issues. My middle child was born at 34 weeks and that was in the 70′s, she is a normal healthy adult and mom of five (one of whom was a premie and not her youngest). I went on to have two more healthy full term babies. This is the Duggars choice, I pray that the Lord gives them another healthy child. I would be concerned in Michelle’s situation only because at age 45 her risk of a Down’s child is much higher.

129. Mamaknows Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Oh MY GOODNESS! How fun is that!
    I am happy for them. They are happy healthy and living the American dream…she needs to start spreading that sticky baby dust AROUND!!

To the negative posts on here :
    Lighten up! They are GREAT parents they support their family. Would you be the same people that call big families “breeders”? Oh or do you pick on people that choose not to have kids at all? I have a few friends that made the choice not to have kids because they are happy where they are. If they want to spend time with a kiddo they come to my house and play..they are WONDERFUL people.
    So get your panties out of a bunch and say CONGRAT’S to the Duggar’s Family!
    XO :)~

130. Heather Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Congradulations to the family! I’m really happy for them! :)

131. Donna Lucas Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I’m sorry I used to watch this show but this latest news is to much to take. I thought with the problems they had with their last child they would realize that someone was trying to send them a message! Fortunately they have older children who are their built in babysitters to care for their other younger children. I’m curious who paid for what I’m sure was an enormous hospital bill when their last child was born and spent so much time in NICU etc? I guess these reality shows really pay more than I thought. Jim Bob needs to get fixed, enough is enough. People say well as long as they can pay for their own they should be able to have as many children as they want. Well, who’s actually paying? The state of Arkansas & the viewers?

132. Heather Says:
    November 8th, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Congradulations Duggar’s! I’m really happy for you! :)

133. Maxi Says:
    November 9th, 2011 at 1:34 am

They must be CRAZY. I agree w/Carmen–the parents are inconsiderate of the children they already have. Probably all the older kids have to parent the younger ones, not fair to the older ones. What quality time do the little ones get when the next baby comes along? Shows like this should be off the air, the world does not need another Nadia Suleman to be inspired by them. Their kids don’t know any other life so of course they’ll say this is great.

134. TexsFIlly Says:
    November 9th, 2011 at 7:34 am

Well the reality of it all is it is their business as long as they are not taking any tax payors dollars to raise this herd of kids. And it appears that they are doing this all on thier own. As a nurse though I have to ask how her uterus is still intact. It should be hanging out by now. Plus I wonder when she will be having her A&P repair as you know everthing else “down there” is about to fall out.

135. Lindsey Says:
    November 9th, 2011 at 8:10 am

I think this is all pathetic. It’s very obvious that the number of children they are having are clearly for publicity reasons. The children are practically the ones raising the younger ones, as shown in the shows. Who in their right minds would have that many? But then again, if they are getting paid by having a house over populated with children from a TV show, then I suppose I’d keep popping them out too. Good grief, Michelle and Jim-Bob, give it a damn break. You are grandparents now. I’m sure you can’t feel her at all when you are intimate now anyways. Get fixed!

136. Jenell Says:
    November 9th, 2011 at 11:51 am

I think she needs to stop. She is a grandmother now. She needs to stop having children. I don’t understand why she would continue when there is such a high risk of death in either her or the child or the child having disabilities. This is selfish. It’s time for them to focus on the children they have and focus on being grandparents.

137. cheryl Says:
    November 9th, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I cannot imagine having that many kids…wouldn’t want to. Nor would I be in to the home schooling deal. I believe that her last pregnancy could be a message in regards to her body getting worn out etc….I’m equally certain most modern physicians would agree. However, having said that…It is a real joy to see a truly functional family for a change. These people, like them or not, actually practice what they preach. They do not say one thing, then do another. They’ve been debt free, long before the tv show came to be, use hand me downs, teach their children the right kind of values and most importantly….keep GOD in their daily life where HE should be. You people say the older kids are raising the young ones?? Used to be in the old days for all of our ancestors people…you know, back in the day when children RESPECTED their parents. I say, congratulations Duggars. I wish you all the best. My prayers are with you and your family. Too bad these ignorant people can’t perhaps learn from your example. How many people out there have 2 kids….don’t work or try to…on Welfare..think the world owes them a living…their kids stay glued to tv…no respect for their parents or teachers…drink smoke…drugs and get pregnant and don’t finish high school? Don’t diss these people that are doing it right.

138. ditto Says:
    November 9th, 2011 at 10:46 pm

wow, im 40 and pregnant with my fourth child and i cant imagine how they can do it again, im scared but excited at the same time, i am barely making it with the ones i have now, i love kids but people should have limits or make limits, to each his own i guess

139. dan Says:
    November 10th, 2011 at 2:19 am

some people like to read…some people like to breed.

140. Ashley Says:
    November 10th, 2011 at 10:41 pm

WOW!!!! I love watching this family on tv but I have to agree with everyone else… enough is enough! it dont really surprise me that she is pregnant agian bc u always have in the back of ur head when watching the show when is the next one going to come? but she needs to think of the health of her unborn children… look at poor josie and how that effected the other children at the same time!! I know their religion provents them from using birth control but there is another form called absanace…. she dont have to be having sex and having all these children… enjoy the ones that u have already and your grandchildren god knows there is going to be babies always around for along time with all the children goin to have grandbabies! enough is enough!! NO MORE BABIES PLEASE!!

141. Janelle Says:
    November 12th, 2011 at 12:46 am

I have watched this family ever since the days of “14 Children and Pregnant Again” (the first special done on them). Michelle herself has admitted that once her babies are weaned then they go straight to one of the older children to take care of. It is even on youtube if you care to see it. She does not take care of any of her children, the older girls do it all. The family follows the teachings of Bill Gothard who has wrecked many lives with his teachings. They are not the harmless family that they appear to be.

142. Big J Says:
    November 14th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

WHY? He must be the biggest horn dog in the world. She’s not even healed from one kid and he’s getting busy making another. Someone needs to tell them what’s causing her to get preggars. It ain’t the water. She’s averaged nearly one a year. 20 kids, 9 months 180 months = pregnant for 15 years, 1/3 of her life. Thats crazy.

143. Fred Derf Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 3:30 am

Idiots, sorry to be so blunt but they are totally crazy.

144. Am Says:
    November 15th, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Hello Michelle,
    My mom wanted another kid and the dr sayed u better have one now(she was 35) sure I don’t have any issues but my mom wasn’t 45 when she had me!!! And ur last baby Girl ALMOST die and u too it’s time to stop ur awayyyyyyyy to old to have kids!!

And sure u think it’s god will u have soo many but b.c when having sex yeah ur get prego stupid it takes an egg and sperm!! Duhhhh

145. Cleo Says:
    December 5th, 2011 at 3:14 pm

How stupid can you be. Why would you put another baby’s life in danger. Get a clue and use birth control.

146. Barb kaye Says:
    December 8th, 2011 at 11:53 am

I say, “If you are not paying their bills, mind your own business.”

Comments