November 12, 2011 09:00 AM by Ryan Haidet
Before Survivor: South Pacific premiered in September, host Jeff Probst told Entertainment Weekly’s Dalton Ross that Redemption Island would be handled differently than the first time they tried it out. Probst revealed there wouldn’t be multi-person duels this season saying “it will only be a one-on-one situation. Loser’s out, winner stays.” But heading into next week’s episode there are three people on Redemption Island, which means there is definitely a multi-person duel on the way. Huh? Why did things switch? Read on to see Probst’s explanation.
When this week’s episode came to a close, I was left baffled. I was so confused. Why were Keith, Ozzy and Jim all left on Redemption Island when Probst had previously said there would be no triple battles in the duel arena? EW’s Ross was definitely curious and got some answers in his weekly questions with Probst about why this whole scenario changed. Why are there suddenly multi-person duels? Here’s Probst’s response verbatim from EW’s feature:
“Yes, I did say that and I was trying to find a simple way to say that generally speaking duels will only be one on one. I think there are two times where we have double eliminations and have to have a 3 person duel. But only the winner stays. The two losers are out. My bad. Just seemed more complicated to explain it the way I just did.”
So there you have it. We will have at least two three-person duels on Redemption Island. But unlike most of the duels from last season, only one person will survive the battles.
Who do you think will win next week’s three-way duel? Who are you rooting for? Who is your favorite player this season? Sound off and leave a comment below!
Photos courtesy: CBS
Topics: CBS Reality TV Shows, Survivor |
« J.R. Martinez And Karina Smirnoff Honor Veterans With Dance Lessons | Home | Kenny Wormald Talks About Footloose, Working With Julianne Hough And Appearing On Dancing With The Stars »