Anna Kournikova Leaves The Biggest Loser – Will You Miss Her?

November 16, 2011 07:00 AM by Lisa Princ

Anna Kournikova of NBC‘s The Biggest Loser recently announced that she would not be returning to the show after this season, but it was not confirmed whether or not the tennis pro was fired, or she quit on her own. This season, we have watched Anna Kournikova struggle to get through to some of the contestants, although others have had successful weight loss on her watch, so we can’t help but wonder where she went wrong? More after the jump…

The Biggest Loser fans will not have to endure Anna Kournikova as a trainer next season, or any season after that for that matter. Anna Kournikova issued this statement yesterday as she announced she was leaving the show: “I enjoyed my time on the Biggest Loser ranch. Although I will not be returning as a full time trainer on season 13, I will always be a part of The Biggest Loser family and my commitment to bettering lives through health and fitness will continue.” It was not confirmed whether or not the tennis pro was fired, or if she quit on her own, but we have a sneaking suspicion that she may have been fired – although some sources say it was a mutual decision.

Last week, when we chatted with Joe Mitchell, he gushed about Anna Kournikova, and how she changed his thinking, but other contestants this season were not as lucky. Bonnie, for one, dealt with the constant feeling that Anna never gave her enough credit for her hard work, while she praised everyone else. Ironically, when Bonnie switched to another trainer, she started to see results that she hadn’t seen all season – coincidence? We think not! Sources continue to claim that Anna was difficult to work with, even referring to her as “a nightmare.”

Anna Kournikova never really caught on with viewers either. Could that be because she never shared much with us? I mean, for weeks we have been listening to Dolvett Quince open up, little by little, and last night he shared his full childhood sob story with us all – and if you are anything like me, you had a tear in your eye while watching. We can’t help but wonder why Anna Kournikova never opened up more, so we may have connected with her better.

So now we want to know: Will you miss Anna Kournikova, or are you thrilled that she is gone? Also, would you like to see Dolvett Quince come back next season, or should he leave next? We know that you have an opinion, and we want to hear it! Comment below and share your thoughts with us!

Also, stay tuned later as Reality TV Magazine has both a press conference with Bonnie, and an exclusive interview with former trainer, Kim Lyons, so we are sure to have more opinions on the exit of Anna Kournikova from these ladies!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The Biggest Loser news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Biggest Loser.

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

31 Responses to “Anna Kournikova Leaves The Biggest Loser – Will You Miss Her?”

1. Renee Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 7:20 am

My prayers have been answered. Now if we can get http://www.theajzone.com/ to replace her I’ll really be happy!

2. Dee Dee Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 7:29 am

I think Anna opened up a little bit about herself to her “new” blue team but I think it was too late and not enough. Like we say in poker – Ace King is the “Anna Kournikova” – looks pretty but doesn’t win. I just think she had some big shoes to fill, i.e. Jillian. I love Dolvett and would love to see him come back. I would love to see Jillian come back too but remember….we all thought she was a B*&%H at first too. I do like the format with the 3 trainers but two would be fine too.

3. jeniferr Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 7:33 am

I think Anna was a great trainer, her accent was difficult to decipher at times but she, in my opinion was a good trainer. I think that it was difficult to work with the elderly group because she wanted to do circuit training that they weren’t able bodied enough to participate. Lastly, I’m sorry Bonnie but it was time for you to go two weeks ago. You are on the biggest loser to push limits and with Anna you gave up to soon. She tired to push you and you said no. It gave me the impression that Bonnie doesn’t deserve to be on the show.

4. floridagal Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 7:36 am

Yeah I am glad she is leaving she is so boring!!!!!!!! I like the new guy he and Bob are doing a great job. Hope bob does not leave.

5. jan Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 7:56 am

Yes I will miss Anna. She is not Jillian and her style is different. I think Bonnie would be difficult regardless who trained her at first. Best wishes to her.

6. S Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 8:04 am

I don’t think she is actually a licensed trainer. That should be a requirement to be on that show. That might be why she can’t connect as she has not been formally trained as a “trainer”.

7. MAcfia Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 8:23 am

Anna was horrible, rude and an awful trainer. the fact that they did get rid of her right away is pretty disturbing.

8. lynn Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 9:29 am

yes, I think Dolvett should come back next season. I think that Bonnie is a baby, she is a whinner as well. As for Anne she doesn’t seem to be a happy person and has no personality

9. Fester Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 9:30 am

I liked her and will be sorry to see her go. I got the feeling that the contestants thought she would be a push over and when she wasn’t, they rebelled against her. Cry babies like Bonnie should have went home weeks ago! I am soooo glad I won’t have to listen to Bonnie whine anymore!

10. Beverly Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 10:10 am

I love the Biggest Loser and have never missed an episode. However, this season, I’ve been taping the episodes so I can fast forward through the parts with Anna. For whatever reason, she just grated on my nerves and I wasn’t impressed with her coaching/training techniques. Just because she is an athlete and has had to train for tennis doesn’t make her a trainer. I will not miss her at all and say good riddance!

11. CONSHR Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 10:17 am

I was not thrilled she was on the show and wondered what gave her the ability to train. She’s a tennis star/player; she’s beautiful and seems to have never had any issues with weight or the feeling of no worth. It would have been good to hear her side of what made her the trainer to train obese people.
    Dolvett should definitely stay – he shows extreme care and ability to train the people mentally and physically.

12. m&m Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 10:32 am

I will not miss Anna. Please do not get rid of Dolvett, he is wonderful. I would like to see a battle of the trainers. Bring back Brett, Bob, and Dolvett and make the competition tougher for them. Let the three of them battle it out. that would be fun since the three of them are highly competitive.

13. LE Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 11:27 am

I don’t think the sharing/not sharing was the issue…I felt kindof yuk! when Delvett shared last night…I felt manipulated. TMI too soon. Seriously, what do we know about Bob’s childhood? The problem with Anna is she isn’t Jillian. That was the problem with last year’s trainers, and that silly blond they had a few years ago. They need to pay Jillian what she’s worth and bring her back!

14. blah Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 11:47 am

WHo CAres???

15. Shelby Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 11:57 am

I liked Anna as a person, but I never felt she was qualified to be a personal trainer. She trained all of her life, yes, but her training was specific for her and her fitness goals. I just never felt like she had much knowledge in relating to these contestents and helping them on their weight loss journey.

On the other hand, I LOVE Dolvett. I think he is absolutely fabulous and I REALLY want him to stay on the show.

16. 12know Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I think it was a good move. Anna just didn’t seem to relate to the contestants at all; probably because she has never had a weight problem. Jillian may have been tough but she also had a soft side, deep down. She would give credit to contestants who gave it their all. She remembers being heavy as a teenager so she is familiar with emotional eating. I think that Dolvett should stay as he is an inspiration to many contestants. FYI, the trainers may seem harsh at times but they have to be. These people have serious issues, both physically and emotionally. They have to be “kicked in the butt” to understand the seriousness of their condition and to know that overeating is not the answer to emotional problems.

17. matt Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I am glad to see Ana gone I have been watching from season 4 and I hated Cara last season and Ana sucked. Dolvett is awesome he better come back next season.

18. John Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 2:05 pm

> I mean, for weeks we have been listening to Dolvett Quince open
    > up, little by little, and last night he shared his full childhood sob
    > story with us all – and if you are anything like me, you had a tear
    > in your eye while watching. We can’t help but wonder why Anna
    > Kournikova never opened up more, so we may have connected
    > with her better.

Grow up.

19. tidho Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I’ll miss her, been a crush for a long time.

Given how she was raised, basically to be a machine, I’m not shocked she wasn’t a great fit with everyone. She seemed to have little patience and less sympathy. Some respond to that, but if you need to be babied she would be a nightmare.

20. Vivian L Adams Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I will not be sorry to see Anna Kournikova leave. I did not care for her. And as for Dolvett, I am not particularly fond of him either. Sometimes he is downright scary.

21. Chelsea Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Keep Dolvett!

22. Carolyn Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Will NOT miss Anna. She was not a good match for the show or the contestants. I like Dolvett. I’d like to see him come back.

23. Shana Says:
    November 16th, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I personally did not care for Anna as a trainer on Biggest loser. I felt like she was very phony with her feelings towards the contestants and she really doesnt know how to talk to people without coming off like shes being ignorant.

24. Mirra Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 12:25 am

I liked Anna. Its her first season. Cut her some slack. Going into it it didn’t seem like the contestants had much respect for her at all. She is new so that will happen. As far as Bonnie goes, she was so sensitive the whole show.

25. Lordes Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 7:47 am

Hell Yes. She is the reason I watch the show. Bring her BacK!

26. Ms Chriss Says:
    November 17th, 2011 at 11:07 am

No, I wil not miss Anna; I’m glad she will not be back next season. Anna seems like a nice person, maybe, and she is defintely a great athlete BUT she is not a trainer!! I really felt for those that had to train with her. I do love Dolvett and hopes he stays on the show for a very long time like Bob.

27. Bob Says:
    November 18th, 2011 at 6:39 am

Anna was great. I will not watch the show next season.

28. Pat Says:
    November 18th, 2011 at 6:40 am

Enjoyed Anna’s approach. Bonnie should have left the show much sooner (constant complainer). Will no longer watch the show.

29. Dana Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Yes, we will miss her. She got a bum deal at first and then did better than Bob once she got better contestants. Bonny was horrible! We fast forwarded her. Dolvett is one that we fastforward because he is mean and cruel – hard to watch to say the least. We will no longer watch this show.

30. Trina Says:
    December 13th, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Bring Jill back!!! Good Riddence Anna kick rocks;))))

31. Jason Says:
    December 30th, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I thought Anna was a great coach. The problem was with the contestants, not her. Bonnie, for example complained and whined the entire time and never tried. Why? Because she didn’t like taking orders from a girl. Dolvett succeeded simply because he is a man, not because he was a better trainer. She smiled every time he yelled at her or pushed her forward and was way more abrasive than Anna. I think there is something psychological about it. A lot of women have this old school mentality about authority imprinted in their brain somewhere and it has nothing to do with men putting it there. They just don’t want to listen to a female authority figure, especially one younger and prettier than they are. I think, like Jillian, Anna is all about getting them healthy and Dolvett is better for ratings, period.

Comments