Karina Smirnoff Will Miss Seeing J.R. Martinez Every Day

November 24, 2011 06:49 AM by Megan Thompson

Karina Smirnoff, from ABC’s hit show Dancing With The Stars, finally won her first mirror ball trophy with J.R. Martinez Tuesday night.  Though the DWTS pro gained way more than a trophy, she now has a lifelong friend in J.R.

Karina Smirnoff couldn’t be more thrilled that she and partner, J.R. Martinez, took home the mirror ball trophy this week.  The two worked hard all season long with one goal in mind, to win.  Now that the two reached their goal, both are sad that the journey is over.

The war veteran and All My Children star certainly won over America with this story and his sparkling personality, but he also earned a place in Karina’s heart.  Karina Smirnoff told People magazine, “The journey is ending, and I don’t want it to end.  I don’t want to not see him every single day.”  It meant so much to Karina that she won the trophy with J.R.

Their relationship also meant a lot to J.R., he wanted to win the mirror ball trophy for Karina.  He called his partner, “creative and risky and she really deserves that {trophy}.”  J.R. also credits Karina and DWTS for giving him a second chance at life and for allowing him to be himself.  The two shared a lot of special moments on the show that they will cherish for the rest of their lives.

Karina Smirnoff even took to Twitter to show her love to J.R. and the fans.  She tweeted, “OMG!!! The words cannot describe how amazing this feels.  Thank u so much 4 supporting us & making our dreams come true. We love u! @knowjr.”

What did you think about Karina Smirnoff and J.R. Martinez’s chemistry on the dance floor?  Let us know, comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great Dancing With the Stars news, please feel free to check out Sir Links A Lot: Dancing With The Stars.

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Dancing With the Stars |

20 Responses to “Karina Smirnoff Will Miss Seeing J.R. Martinez Every Day”

1. Maria Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 8:36 am

I was praying that Karina and J.R. would win the trophy for several reasons: they were great dancers, they are great people and human beings(you can see how legitimate, polite, respectful, caring and what a smile they both have). Their positive attitude was an example of good sportmanship as well. I wish both the best of everything.

2. agsb02 Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 8:58 am

Their chemistry was like Skully and Mulldar, Lucy and Desi!!!!

3. Miikkii Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 9:18 am

I have always love Karina, and I am very happy she finally got the credit she has always deserved. I thought they had wonderful chemistry, as really good friends. I am very happy for both of them.

4. Louis Edwards Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 9:26 am

What a fantastic night of abc dancing with the stars winners, don’t you think? Karina Smirnoff wanted that Mirror Ball Trophy so badly from her expressions and her tremendous output in choreography, and J.R Martinez was not about to disappoint with his natural flair for dancing.

Mind you, the competition was stiff from Ricki Lake & Derek Hough who were leaders most of the 10 weeks, & Rob Kardashian who came in with a late burst of excellence with master teacher Cheryl Burke

5. Peggy Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 9:32 am

Amazing cannot describe it! I would love to see those two together.

6. ron Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 9:43 am

I enjoyed watching them very much, it seams that they were very close the way they moved together. He should try turning pro he caught the way the dance should be done very quickly.

7. shumaila Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 10:13 am

very very very very very very very hoot

8. Deborah W. Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 12:57 pm

awesome team!

9. postalron2000 Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

they were spectacular together, they seemed to feed off of each other, both physically and mentally. They truly acted and looked like lovers, and I’m almost hoping they wind up together. I feel there’s a much deeper connection than either of them is letting on about right now.

10. tonycee Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 1:16 pm

karina has the best body in hollywood hands down

11. Sally Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I’m thrilled for both of them. Karina has remained loyal to the show since the beginning, so I’m especially happy to see her take the trophy. I really enjoyed this season’s celebs, and love the final results. The top three really deserved to be there.

12. Mia Bella Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Congrats Karina and JR. You two were my favorite!
    Karina… so super proud for you!! This should have been your second win as you were robbed when paired with Mario Lopez!

Enjoy the victory you two!!

13. Jimmimac Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Karina and JR deserved to win, and it was way over do for Karina she and Mario should have won it years ago instead of that football player who was a cluts for the first 8 weeks according to the judges he should have been sent home earlier plus the fact that Mario is better! He was voted the best male dancer on DWTS, but JR may edge him out now.

14. JRFAN1 Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Jr,you are amazing.You earned that trophy and you know you did.Nobody as talented as you and has been through what you have been through could not even do what you just acomplished.And I want to tell you right now you are the best yet that has ever been on DWTS.You are a strong talented man.LOVE YOU.THANKS FOR SERVING FOR OUR COUNTRY.

15. Jim Clark Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I thought in every dance that they were indeed connected..I think it showed in their performance.We also hate to see them depart..with or without the trophy

16. caren Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 8:36 pm

loved j.r. and karina from the very beginning. new they would take the trophy. they were an amazing couple and would not be surprised if they continued their relationship after the show. they are really a super couple that looked liked they were just meant to be together. so glad they won.

17. Pisces228 Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I absolutely loved the partnership between Karina & JR. I could tell it was special and that they were going to win during week 2 when they did the jive. That was one of the best routines I’ve ever seen on DWTS. So happy for the two of them!

I also thought that Ricki Lake and Rob Kardasian were terrific runners-up and so gracious. I cheered for Ricki as she sculpted her body down a few sizes, and for Rob as he became a better dancer and more self-confident person week after week.

What a great season!

18. annie Says:
    November 24th, 2011 at 11:00 pm

It was obviously not a dancing contest they won but a popularity contest. That spells the difference.

19. ross1776 Says:
    November 26th, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Technically, don’t think he was the best but had been hyped all season due to his war injuries, and personality in the face of what he endured. For those of us against this continuing war, a war which even J.R. acknowledge he joined to gain a college education and never thought he would be in danger, it really was more sad than anything else that he endured what he did and clearly as this goes on…needlessly. How do you ever win a war against a tactic, against a truly ill defined enemy. Don’t you think these radical Muslims existed before the past 10-15 years…like during Viet Nam or after World War II…seems they only attack us when we occupy their territory, or attempt to inject Western ideas and ideology into an Eastern one. Just an opinion, and do believe there was much politics and hype this season, and this show seems to have more than its share…

20. julianne Says:
    November 27th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

So happy that JR and Korina got the mirrorball. I really love them since day one.

Comments