Survivor Season 24 Premiere Date Announced!

November 24, 2011 09:00 AM by Ryan Haidet

When CBS announced that Survivor was being renewed for seasons 25 and 26 with Jeff Probst continuing on as host, there was one tidbit that got lost in the mix.  Buried in the network’s press release was also the announcement of the premiere date for the upcoming 24th season — Survivor: One World.  When will the season premiere?  Read on to find out!

Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 15, 2012.  That’s when Survivor: One World is scheduled to debut on CBS.  As of right now, the premiere is only slated to last one hour unlike this season’s 90-minute debut.

Season 24 of the show has already wrapped production in Samoa, which marks the fourth time it has been used as a Survivor location.  Fan sites speculate the twist of the season will include all new players who are divided by gender while living as two separate tribes on the same beach.  The title of Survivor: One World, which has not been confirmed, first hit the circuit when an apparent cameraman posted the title on his online resume.  Within hours of the news surfacing, that title was removed from his site.

Are you excited for season 24?  Did you ever believe that Survivor would last this long?  How much longer do you think the show can last?  Sound off and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Survivor: South Pacific news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Survivor: South Pacific.

Photos courtesy: CBS

Topics: CBS Reality TV Shows, Survivor |

7 Responses to “Survivor Season 24 Premiere Date Announced!”

1. Hanna Says:
    November 25th, 2011 at 6:53 am

Survivor is my Nr 1.I watched every episode since day one.Love it and hope to go on forever.

2. Deb Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Love the show wouldn’t want to see it end. wish Ozzy was on it all the time:)

3. BestPlayer2NeverPlay Says:
    December 11th, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I am a huge Survivor fan. It has always been my number 1 show. Unfortunately for the past few seasons it has gone downhill with the new twists of pitting returning players against new players and RI. I heard that RI and returning players will not be back for season 24. That alone sounds great. Although putting everyone on the same beach changes the game around, it sounds very interesting and I just can’t wait!! I really hope that these rumors are true. Finally the producers will be giving the fans what they really want.

4. Tiaan Says:
    December 12th, 2011 at 5:28 am

LOVE SURVIVOR!!

IT CAN KEEP ON GOING AND GOING AND GOING!I’LL ALWAYS BE A FAN!!

5. K Says:
    December 18th, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I was a huge fan of survivor the first few seasons back when it was actually GOOD. Now it’s just the same drama with the same people and the same locations. Did the world shrink or something, because I’m pretty sure there are TONS of OTHER places to play. I will no longer be watching this show which is sad because it had become somewhat of a family tradition. I don’t even live at home anymore and I would still come over to my parents on survivor night and watch it with them. RIP survivor

6. Jeff Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Dont bring back past players..they already had their chance. Survivor can keep going on for years. Love it.

7. Marko Says:
    February 19th, 2012 at 1:56 am

Survivor is also watched from France. We have “koh lanta” an adaptaion of Survivor but it is not as well. The playes do not play the game and the goal of the producers is to make the concurrents starve. Anyway I enjoy watching Survivor, I am a big fan. Long Life !

Comments