Will Maksim Chmerkovskiy Return To Dancing With The Stars Next Season?

November 29, 2011 10:02 AM by Lisa Princ

Maksim Chmerkovskiy made quite an impression this season on ABC‘s Dancing With The Stars, when he blasted the judges and some of his fellow dancers. After his behavior this season, should Maksim Chmerkovskiy return next season? Most of us are wondering if he will or not. Read on for more…

Dancing With The Stars fans watched this season as Maksim Chmerkovskiy created quite a stir when he blasted the judges for criticizing his partner, Hope Solo. Maksim went as far as claiming that it was “his show,” and even telling reporters after the show: “F-ck judge Carrie Ann Inaba.” But the question remains – will Maksim Chmerkovskiy return next season, or does he even deserve to?

While there has been no official word yet on whether or not the Ukrainian hothead will be back, Maks recently blogged about it, posting: “I can say at this point, I don’t plan on taking any seasons off. If I’m not back next season, it wasn’t up to me. And if I do change my mind and want to take a break, I’ll announce it.”

Maksim Chmerkovskiy also wanted to put in his two cents about the rumors that he and Hope Solo chose not to do the interviews after their elimination. Maks reiterated what Hope said (that it was ABC’s decision and not theirs) as he added: “One thing I want to emphasize in all of this is that I don’t want our fans to feel betrayed, like we’re sore losers and we hung our heads down and walked away because we got eliminated.”

According to sources, Maksim Chmerkovskiy is currently trying to mend the bridges he burnt this season on the show, and he and Derek Hough are friends once again. Now, it’s your turn to sound off below. Comment and let us know if you think that Maksim Chmerkovskiy should return next season or not!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great Dancing With the Stars news, please feel free to check out Sir Links A Lot: Dancing With The Stars.

Photo Courtesy of ABC!

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Dancing With the Stars, Maksim Chmerkovskiy |

33 Responses to “Will Maksim Chmerkovskiy Return To Dancing With The Stars Next Season?”

1. lisa Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 11:22 am

Lets take this show for what it is worth. ENTERTAINMENT. and Max and the judges helped provide extra entertainment this season. I will keep watching with or without Max or the current judges for that matter because I enjoy the DANCE content and watching someone learn and progress week to week.

2. Annie Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 12:34 pm

The only thing that could make me watch DWTS again is if Maks is on it and has a decent partner. It would help if they’d replace the judges too! But, I will not watch if Maks is not on it.

3. Rebecca Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Yes, yes, yes he should return. He brings excitement and fantastic dancing to the show!

4. Larry Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Maks was out of line last season in general. Not only did he mouth off to the judges but he got physical with Hope in rehearsal and that’s just inexcusable.

That said, I am a big fan of his dancing and if he can come on the show and work as an effective, professional and compassionate coach as well as continue to dazzle us with his dancing, he’s a huge plus to the show and one of the primary reasons I watch.

5. Anonymous Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 2:25 pm

No! Let him take a break and do some thinking and counseilling!He’s got some major personal issues needs to be resolved! It’s not even fun to watch.And it is something shouldn’t be ignored for the sake of good tv! Viewers (except his loyal fans) do not care if he is on or not, but clearly this guy should seek some help first. If i am a celebrity, no way i would want to be partnered with him!No way i would want to deal with his arrogance and abusive demeanor!

6. Laura Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Personally, I’m a fan of Derek. I find Maks annoying and not that cute. I’d prefer if he was off the show but I’ll still watch my boy Derek & Tristan either way ;-)

7. Jerry Challenor Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Maks is a terrific dancer and should definitely be back again next season

8. Amy Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

No Maks no Amy…..

9. Jancy Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Yes Maks should return. He is the best!! The
    show will not be the same withour him. The Exec.
    Producer said he is not in trouble. So the media
    can drop all this gossip!!

10. Marcie Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Yes, most definitely Maks should return. He’s the only reason I watch the show and without him and his exuberance the show would seriously be lacking. It’s entertainment people, time to get over it and move on. Everyone has a bad day and that’s all that happened with Maks that night. We’re all human and make mistakes, apologize, make amends and move on. Here’s to seeing Maks and his brother Val on next instalment of DWTS.

11. Fancy Choice Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 6:51 pm

ABC publicity pulled the Plug on Hope Solo and Maksim from going on Jimmy Kimmel. GMA and the View. They were afraid of what they might say. Jimmy Kimmel even tweeted that they would be on his show that night.

NOW, If you go back and watch the end of the show after Hope and Maksim were eliminated: TOM BERGERON Says: The 3 Finalist will be on Jimmy Kimmel Tonight.

Hope and Maks were still on the Dance Floor when Tom said it, go back and watch the Video. Also, DWTS Didn’t even do a Farwell Video Montage that Night for Hope and Maksim. ABC knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

12. SAM Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 7:02 pm

He must returned…he is gorgeous, a fantastic dancer, adds a great deal of drama, oh and did I mention he was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! Without him the show would be so boring!!!!!!! Love me some Maksim!!!!!

13. Christine Says:
    November 29th, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I would keeping watching DWTS as I enjoy the dancing. This type of entertainment nevers gets old. Maks should have won with partners like Mel B or Laili Ali and Brandy. He does provide great dancing, so yes he should return.

14. Barbara Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 6:48 am

Maks is gorgeous and the only reason I watch the show. I wish the show would treat him fairly and give him a partner (like Derek always seems to have) so that he has a chance to win. He is wonderful in every way!!!! I agree with his comments to the judges.

15. Jeannette Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 7:57 am

Love the show, however, Max should take a break. He has anger and ego issues. I also believe he is a sore loser. Take a break Max. When you can no longer dance, based on your lifetime experience, perhaps you too can become a well informed judge. A young man should never tell an older man that “its time to go”! Think about it Max. If you live, you will get older.

16. Irene Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 8:47 am

Face reality, Maks is an ego centric who loves to bare his chest. He needs a couple of seasons off so that he learns this is not his SHOW. He continues to do theatrics knowing the judge don’t care for them. He doesn’t care about the contestant he cares about showing himself off hoping to become a Star away from DWS. I hope that never happens.

17. CAROL Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 12:18 pm

MAKS MUST BE KEPT AND THE JUDGES MUST SHOW SOME RESPECT TO THE CONTESTANTS

18. Dee Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Maks should be dumped he is nothing but a spoiled brat and letting him back on with his arrogant and disrespectful attitude is sending the wrong message. No one picked on him and Hope Solo – she straight out COULD NOT DANCE! Get over yourself MAKS – you might be a good dancer but you are a terrible instructor!

This country needs to bring respect and manners back into everyday lives and quit tolerating such boorish and asinine behavior!

19. annie Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I rooted for Maks & his partners in previous seasons (particularly #s 5 and 12), but grew really disillusioned with him the last few months. He seemed miserable, disrespectful and uncharactersitically uninvested this past season and, while I doubt Hope was a picnic to work with, his manhandling of her was completely out of line and should’ve lead to his immediate dismissal from the show. Shame on him and ABC for allowing/staging this portrayal. I don’t find this entertaining in the least.

20. Mary Schur Says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Oh by all means Maks should return. The show would not be worth watching without him. Maks is so hot!

21. Max fan Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Max is incredibly hot and adds a lot of sex appeal to the show. The judges were extra critical of Hope. There were worse dances by others that got better scores.

Since we had Chaz this season lets have Alexis Arquette or Candace Kane next season!

22. edie Says:
    December 3rd, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Maks has been robbed a few times of the globe, of course they keep giving Dereck excellent dancers. Hello, what is the matter with these judges carrie ann you can tell doesn’t like Maks. She is nothing but a …. Maks on the other hand is the show! I love him, he’s hot, and he is a great dancer! I cannot blame him for for his actions or words he was treated unfair he and Hope. We need to get rid of carrie ann and derck LOL.

23. annamaria harasym Says:
    December 4th, 2011 at 10:48 am

amazing how people do not liki the truth. maks speeks his mind. i think czttie ann wants maks but she cannot have him. the show is digged. lrt is too critical of makss partners. tgis past season was a joke with all the freeks. jr received sympathy votes. carries david atquette is far far from being sexy. this should allow contastens with entertainmemt backgrounds. go maks you are wonderful. i am also ukranian i know where you are coming from.

24. Murphy Says:
    December 4th, 2011 at 11:21 am

Yes, Maks should definitely return. Worse than controversy that could potentially eliminate a small segment of viewers, would be the YAWN FACTOR! Maks provides spice – real spice, not the type of ridiculousness the current cast of judges provide. Maks did go over the line this season, but so what? I think he learned a bit of a lesson. Carrie Ann irritates the bejeebies out of me and Bruno is a tired joke.

25. susan smith Says:
    December 5th, 2011 at 6:35 am

Although giving Derek Nicole might have seemed like an easy win from the start, I don’t think it would have been obvious that Ricki would have been a better partner than Hope….After all, hope was an athlete and younger than Ricki…Maks is sexy, but he sure knows how to shoot himself in the foot press-wise.

26. Karyn Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 8:20 am

Of course Maks should return. It wouldn’t be the same without him. Isn’t he entitled to speak his mind? Considering how hard they all work, let the man blow off some steam occasionally. Plus, the drama makes for good entertainment, as well as his face, body……

The judges need to let the professional dancers vent occasionally.

I would rather see Maks come back then Derek, if I had to choose between the two. Especially after reading the article about Derek at a dance club staring at himself in the mirror. That was a hoot!

I do miss his sister. She was great when she was on the show.

27. Joan Says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 10:39 am

Maks absolutely should return. He is intense and appears to work hard and requires his season’s partner to take the role just as seriously. Carrie Ann is really brutal on him. What’s up with that????

Maks has to basically take a non dancer and create one. He does a great job at that. He did well with Hope Solo, but she took too long to get girly, girly. Maks has a strong manly personality and works his body to the max (pun intended).

Heck, he better be back. Derek needs the competition.

28. Nan Says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 11:28 am

Max is worthless..yes he can dance but his ego is getting the best of him. Also, Carrie Ann & Bruno are a crack-up but they need to dump Len. He is such a fuddie-duddie…

29. Terri Says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Maks is eye candy on the show – he needs to stay. He and Dereck are reasons enough to watch -they are incredible dancers. The fray between Maks and the judges are just – there appears no reason for certain scores. I love this show, particularly when so much in the world is screwed up it is nice to have mindless entertainment. Maks – make ammends and STAY!!

30. elsonsantana Says:
    December 8th, 2011 at 10:19 am

should not vote and I am very proud of Brazil

31. Cat Says:
    December 8th, 2011 at 10:33 am

I am at odds as to whether or not I want Maks back this next season. He just hasn’t been the same since he and Mel B were in the finals but did not win. I loved him then for his creative choreography and playfulness, but since then he seems to have gotten sullen and resentful. I admit that Hope Solo was a real disappointment to me this season; I do not care if she is an athlete, she does not have a feminine bone in her body. In my younger years I was an athlete and I knew how to point my toes and walk without stomping. Geez Wheez,,,,,,,their problems were not the judges, but Hope’s dancing. However, I hope if Maks does return that I never see him put a rough hand to a contestant as he did with Hope.

32. Crystal Says:
    December 8th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I ablolutely believe that Maks should be back. He is about the only reason I watch the show. Im actually very pleased that he stood up to the judges. They are the ones that need to be replaced. I dont see how the creator of the show allows them to be so nasty. It would still be good tv if they didnt cut people down so bad. I felt sorry for some of the stars when Glen starts opening his mouth. I would love to see him go. I just dont think it takes someone to be so ugly to make for good tv. So leave Maks alone. Or you will lose alot of viewers.

33. Pamela Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 6:42 pm

First I would like to address the behavior of the judges this season: I’m sure if you were to re-view any of the episodes (as I have)the public would pickup on an undercurrent of negativity the judges had for at least two celebs. Take Chaz Bono for instance. There were several comments made by both Len and Bruno that were not only unkind but quite unprofessional as well (the EWOK comment).

In the case of Hope Solo, I noticed very early on that the judges were actually very negative towards her (way before the blow up with Maks). I think they (judges) felt like she was such an accomplished athelete that dancing should be no problem and expected much more of her than they did other dancers this season.

Maks didn’t really get ticked until once again the judges made comments that were quite personal and negative. Maks also seemed to have to contend with the fact that Hope didn’t really want to be there if she couldn’t excel at what she was doing.

After watching Maks over the past few years, I will be the first one to admit that sometimes he comes across as cocky or abrasive, however he also adds a great deal to the show and I can say that I actually do watch the show for him.

We have all said things meaning them one way yet the perception of others takes the meaning way out of context. I believe that is happened with Maks. He was already upset at what he believed to be another personal attack on his partner and was coming to her defense (as he should). When he said this is “my show”, he in no way intended the meaning to be that the show was all about him. He was simply conveying his love and dedication for the show but was emotional at the time. As usual the judges took that moment to pounce on because they use Maks as the proverbial punching bag quite often. I knew what Maks meant when he made the statements he did that night and thing the entire thing was blown totally out of proportion.

The addition of Val was great too, he has a lot of the same attitude and vibe that Maks does but also comes across with his own zing as well. I will not be watching dancing with the stars if Maks does not return. I cannot say the same for the season that Derek took off.

Comments