December 01, 2011 08:00 AM by Ryan Haidet

Moments after last night’s episode of Survivor: South Pacific started, host Jeff Probst responded to a Tweet that was critical of the way he offers commentary at challenges.  “I really wish you would shut up during challenges,” the person Tweeted.  But this wasn’t one of those messages that Probst just let disappear in the mix of all the posts he gets on Wednesday nights.  Oh, no.  “Kiss my ass — how’s that?  :)” Probst responded.  But that’s not the only way Probst answered the Tweet.  He also turned to his Tout twice to offer his responses — and it was pretty funny.  Read on to see how Jeff handled this criticism and to watch both of his Tout responses!

Probst’s initial “Kiss my ass — how about that? :)” response was also posted on his Facebook account, which brought tons of supportive comments.  One person wrote, “You tell him, Jeff!”  Another wrote, “That’s his job, what do they expect him to do? I love the commenting.  Makes me laugh sometimes.”  One other person posted, “The guy is just jealous because he doesn’t have your abilities, Jeff.”

To make things even funnier, Probst then posted a pair of Touts (watch both below) in which he commented on the way he offers commentary during the challenges.  The first Tout response came during the three-way duel at Redemption Island with Ozzy, Dawn and Whitney.  “This is a special Tout to all of you who hate that I talk during challenges.  I’m now gonna talk while watching me talking during a challenge.  ‘Oooh, there goes a light blue plate.  Dawn, this is a million dollar challenge.’  He’s good!

Then he posted the second Tout response during the Reward/Immunity challenge.  “OK, I’m gonna comment a little more on my commentary.  ‘Probst doing a great job of commenting right now.  He’s quiet.  Now he’s talking, it’s really good!  And he’s talking some more!”

I know there are a lot of Survivor fans who are very critical of the way Jeff hosts the show.  My response?  Get over it!  Jeff is an essential element to the success of the show whether you want to admit it or not.  He’s worked hard to interact with all of us fans through his blogs, Tweets and Touts — but it always seems like there are a few who are too fast to jump down his throat when he does one thing they disagree with.  Like him or not, Jeff is a major part of Survivor.  You guys should be thanking him for being so willing to communicate with fans.  You don’t see that from many other television hosts!  Go Jeff!

What do you think?  Do you like how Probst offers commentary during the challenges?  Why or why not?  Do you think the fan was being too critical?  What do you think of Probst’s responses?  Sound off and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Survivor: South Pacific news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Survivor: South Pacific.

Photos courtesy: CBS

Topics: CBS Reality TV Shows, Survivor |

9 Responses to “Survivor: South Pacific — Jeff Probst’s Response To Critical Tweet: ‘Kiss My Ass’”

1. Ellen Says:
    December 1st, 2011 at 10:36 am

I’ll admit that Jeff has made Survivor what it is – a success. However, I will also admit that sometimes, during challenges, I wish he would say LESS … I’m in the “moment” of the event and his on-going comments sometimes do distract me. I often wonder if his comments distract the challengers?

2. Cisco Says:
    December 1st, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I like him commenting while I am watching the show, it definately adds to it. However, if I were a contestant trying to concentrate on the dishes at the end of my stick, I would probably not like it much.

If Jeff is reading this, when I get on the show I will just learn to deal with
    it.

3. Jennifer Baker Says:
    December 1st, 2011 at 6:18 pm

My problem is that it seems the producers are going way out to help either Ozzie or Coach win. For example, have you noticed you haven’t seen a puzzle challenge in a LONG time? Reason, neither Ozzy or Coach Benjamin or good at puzzles. Matter of fact I’m not sure WHAT Coach Benjamin is good for!!! Ozzie is good in strength, dexterity and endurance challengers but looks to others when the task is cerebral. You compare this season with last season’s and Boston Rob finally won. Why? Almost every feat or challenge ended with a puzzle–which Boston Rob was extremely good at solving.
    Methinks had Ozzie faced a puzzle his first time on Redemption island he would have lost to the lady!!! It will be interesting seeing if and how many puzzle challenges will be presented the next 10 days. Because of the manipulation I don’t want Coach or Ozzie to win. If you’re going to bring back players who’ve played before put them in an All-Star Survivor. Anybody out there agree?

4. Breeze Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I don’t care what they do not everyone will be happy. You cannot please all of the people all of the time in fact you can’t even please some of the people some of the time. So you don’t like Ozzy and don’t want him to win. So no matter what he was good or not good at you wouldn’t like it.

5. Lynda Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I love you, Jeff Probst!!!

6. Boot Says:
    December 3rd, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I like JP. But I have to mute the TV during challenges.

7. justin Says:
    December 3rd, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Oscar is very much good in puzzles aswell. Conspiracy theories can be stupid or clever. This time around I’d call it stupid. I trust in the production until proven otherwise. Your prooves seem to be a false accusation on Ozzy being bad with puzzles, which u based on nothing but some shallow idea.

8. Ryan Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:47 am

Hey justin… how did your Ozzy comment end up here on this story about Jeff Probst’s Tweet? Which story were you trying to comment on?

9. RENAYLE Says:
    December 20th, 2011 at 2:34 pm

BRING OZZIE BACK. WITH ALL THE CRAP IN THE WORLD WE NEED A PERSON LIKE OZZIE AROUND.

Comments