Kate Gosselin Finishes 26.2 Mile Las Vegas Marathon

December 06, 2011 08:16 AM by Lisa Princ

Kate Gosselin, who has been busy with her coupon blogging gig since TLC cancelled Kate Plus 8, recently finished a 26.2 mile marathon in Las Vegas! Read on for more…

Kate Gosselin is no stranger to running, as she has been doing it for a few years now, but recently the mom of eight took on a marathon in Las Vegas. Kate participated in the Zappos.com Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon, which benefited the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, and she finished it in four hours, 59 minutes and 21 seconds. Not too shabby if we do say so, but Kate Gosselin had hoped she would finish in better time, as she posted to her Twitter page after the event: “A lot slower than I hoped but I finished & I’m happy!”

What was Kate Gosselin’s motivation for running the 26.2 marathon? Her kids, of course! Prior to her participation in the marathon, Kate told People Magazine that she was hoping to set an example for her children, adding: “I’m running this because I want to show that with dedication and determination anything is possible. I want them to remember this moment when their mom completed a marathon, knowing that nothing in life should stop them from attaining their goals.”

The 36-year-old mom, who had been training for weeks near her home in Pennsylvania often in cold temperatures, went to add that while she is a bit sore, she is ready for the next marathon! Kudos to Kate Gosselin for finishing the marathon,  and in great time!

Do you think Kate Gosselin is setting a good example for her kids? Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great Kate Plus 8 news, please feel free to check out SirLinks A Lot: Reality Television.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Image courtesy of WENN

Topics: Kate Gosselin, Kate Plus 8, TLC Reality TV Shows |

50 Responses to “Kate Gosselin Finishes 26.2 Mile Las Vegas Marathon”

1. MN_Mom Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 8:34 am

I think her kids would be better off if Kate would just spend more time being a Mom. IMO, just another way to keep her name out there. Kudos for finishing, but why does there always have to be a photo op. Go away, Kate!

2. thomas Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 8:39 am

WHO FREAKEN CARES!!

3. JAL Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:00 am

BFD!!!! Lots of people run that marathon and finish it. She’s just obnoxious.

4. Has A Clue Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:01 am

Whores usually are on the fast track.

5. Funny Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:02 am

MN_Mom- well at least she is supporting them instead of me and my money.

thomas- you obviously or you wouldn’t have clicked and read AND commented! HA

6. Pontiacwhite Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:07 am

For someone her age and weight, this is not a big deal. It’s barely faster than walking it. As an old man of 50, weighing 180 pounds, I did it in 3 hrs 30 minutes and I don’t consider that a big deal.

7. Tammie Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:08 am

I agree with MN_Mom. Stay at home and be a mother. Why in the world would she have to go to Las Vegas to run a marathon? Really? And, where are the kids while she’s setting an example? Certainly not with their mother. There is no sympathy for Kate. It’s time for her to get off the bandwagon and take responsibility. I’m just tire of hearing about her useless life.

8. absentee_mom Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:26 am

Shouldn’t she be raising her kids? I suppose that isn’t as fun as keeping your name in headlines. Oh well, at least she is helping to continue the legacy as kids without parents are more likely to appear on Celebrity Rehab.

9. 41 today Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:27 am

Kate needs to get a real life. Maybe one that includes her kids.

10. Matt Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:31 am

Nobody cares. Please, PLEASE go away.

11. Carlos Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:40 am

MN_MOM, its hard NOT to have your photo taken when the first thing you see when you go out your front door is the paparazzi lurking on the street in front of your house/hotel. And by the way, could you feed and clothe 8 kids on a nurse’s salary? (Her profession before the show.) I don’t blame her a bit.

12. eddie lynch Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:42 am

yeah right.she found another place where people will take her picture…….

13. Rich Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:44 am

Wow, she’ll do anything to get away from her kids. I wish she had kept running until she was out of all our lives.

14. MI Mom Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:45 am

I agree with MN Mom — she set a better example by getting out of the limelight and being a mom. She’s only teaching them that attention is a good thing, and that it’s ok to have other people raise your children while you run around seeking attention. I’m sick of the whole Kate thing. Get over yourself, get a real job, and pay attention to your children.

15. Michael Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:49 am

One of the most controlling, moronic, and severely overrated-looking women in the history of reality TV.

16. Caryn Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:50 am

Thomas evidently you do because you are reading this!!!

17. Lori Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:00 am

My brother finished this marathon as well. Nobody wants to write an article about him? He’s done several marathons now….???

18. rich bromley Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:09 am

who cares we didnt like the controlling ball busting bitch then why should we care now go away kate ….

19. Lyn Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:12 am

Kate, I think you set a great example for her kids. Does there always have to be a photo op when she does something, I think not. The only reason she ran was for her own self of completion and to teach her kids that hard work pays off. It wouldnt matter what she did there would be photog there. Just because she is Kate Gosselin if she was Jane Doe it wouldnt matter to anyone. Cant this woman get a break. Whether I like her or not doesnt matter why cant she do something she is proud of without someone saying she should be home taking care of her kids. What happened to Child custody and the kids being with their father. She isnt tied to the house 24×7 just because she has kids. The do visit their dad and she does this stuff when they are with him most of the time. Give it a rest and her too.

20. Kate hater Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:12 am

This woman needs to be a mother not a diva of the media. Sorry excuse for a woman IMO

21. amber Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:38 am

WHAT THAT FREAKEN B@#$% IS DOING NOW! Go get a job and support the kids

22. Ralph DeMattia Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:40 am

Who is raising this dames eight children while she’s out on all these 4th rate photo ops? I don’t have anywhere NEAR the free time she does, and I only have two kids. MEDIA; stop making this non-celebrity a celebrity!!!

23. Joe Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:41 am

OHHH PLEASSEEE…for the kids? Where are you kids for the photo op Kate??? NO ONE CARES! Get a real job

24. deanne Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 10:41 am

I don’t understand you negative people…give the woman some credit, i think despite of what everyone thinks of her, she is an incredible mother and is always trying to better her children’s lives. She is strong and determined to bring her children up the best she can and i think she is doing an awesome job.

25. Nate Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:23 am

MN_Mom… just bc she is running in a race doesnt make her a bad Mom. She has the right to do what she likes in her free time.. No one is telling you that you would be better off if you spent more time being a mom bc you did something you like in your free time (like shopping).. Ppl are so judgemental.. get a grip.

26. Jennifer Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:30 am

Kudos kate! You are showing your kids lots of love and that if they put there mind to it they can do anything. I think you are a brave mother of eight and single at that. I am married with three and it was hard for us. I wish you and your kids all the best. I miss your show a lot. I watched your babies grow up and now I missed them. Keep up the good work. You go girl for doing all that running.

27. jo Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:38 am

I’m proud of you Kate! I am cheap but always bought people when you were on the cover! Your a bit like my daughter & she has spunk!

28. Seana Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Kate is a great role model for her kids. Hard work and dedication do eventually pay off. Proud of her!

29. Millie Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I think she does the best she can to provide for her children not only material things but also to inspire and motivate them.

30. Claudia Dintino Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Kate has always been a good example for her children. I t does not surprised me that she continues to do so. I’am a 74 year old great grandmother 0f 10 and she is an example for all young mothers.

31. clmccl Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Rght who cares? She couldn’t go the distance in her
    marriage. It’s all about her. Wait till the children grow up and become adults Kate will hear what they really think!

32. Chau Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Good Job Kate! Btw, Why do you haters keep up with these people when you’re obviously annoyed! If you don’t like her or anyone else, keep it moving. Stop spending your life dissing people, it ain’t gonna get you anywhere, nor would it make them go away. Basically what I’m trying to say is, grow up, stop being negative cause we need more love in this world!

33. alicia Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I agree that her kids need her to be with them more; also she has cried poverty so where is she getting the money to fly and stay in Vegas…or perhaps it is better for her kids for her to be gone, thinking about how she is with them (yelling, etc…)

34. Lee Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Kate…Who??? Who is she, what does she do???

35. sarah Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Way to go Kate!!!!

36. Vettgrl Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I agree with comments 1 & 2! I’m sure if you asked her 8 kids if their Mom was a good role model, all they would care about is giving her attention to THEM!

37. Dale Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Thats great. I’m pretty sure the two previous posters probably couldn’t walk up three flights of steps without being winded, and would kill to have her “frame”.

38. dennis Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 7:41 pm

WHO FINISHED FIRST……..Mary Jo Buttafuuco?

39. Patti Matthews Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 7:56 pm

It is about time she did something other than exploit her children and act as if she were the center of the universe. However, it is a long way from being a good mother and someone who actually contributes someting to the world

40. larry Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Fix your belly button. Its not supposed to be mid chest. LOL!

41. king octopus Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:45 pm

she wants king octopus luv

42. Linder Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 9:55 pm

You dont have to like her, but at least give her credit for showing the kids what tenacity and guts she has. She is and I mean IS the bread winner in the family. SHE and she alone is providing a good life for them. She has reinvented her self everytime she has too. AND.. I would guess she spends a lot of time with her kids since she is fairly protective as to who is around them.
    Leave her alone, ..shes not abusing them or coming home drunk, drugged with losers and blowing smoke in their faces. Nota, nothing, not a word about a lose lazy life.

43. Linda Lee Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Leave her alone, ..shes not abusing them or coming home fallen down drunk, drugged with losers and blowing smoke in their faces. Nota, nothing, not a word about a lose lazy life.

44. Randy Gilchrist Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:26 pm

I’m really cynical with her. I think she’s desperate to stay in the public eye now that her show’s been cancelled, so she looks for whatever media op she can think of to stay remembered in the media, including this marathon. If she was really so concerned about setting a good example for her kids, she’d spend time with the 8 of them vs. training away from them.

45. Centurion Says:
    December 6th, 2011 at 11:30 pm

BREAKING NEWS! Kate Gosselin goes to bathroom.

MORE BREAKING NEWS! Kate Gosselin farted in bathroom…FILM AT 11.

46. Alicia Says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 1:12 am

There are lots of parents who compete in sports. I’m proud of her, and I’m sure her kids are too.

47. Non_fan Says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 8:22 am

Amazing that she finished in 4 hours and 59 minutes and the course time limit was 4 1/2 hours…it is a great accomplishment, but if there’s a rule for all other runners, why is there an exception for her?

48. cp Says:
    December 7th, 2011 at 3:35 pm

was her honeybun/body guard running with her? who is watching her children while she runs? nannies? a sorry excuse for a mother. she does nothing for her children, it is all for her. And she does all this because she can’t make it on a nurse’s salary? What about the millions she has in the bank. Although, her bodyguard costs how much? private schools? new audi? hundreds of dollars for a haircut? tanning 3-4 times a week, and the list goes on and on and on. wish she would just literally disappear. can’t wait to read her childrens’ tell all books in the future!

49. barbee Says:
    December 8th, 2011 at 4:11 am

If she actually ‘did’ the whole marathon she would deserve cudos. Since that is in question… As far as her doing things like this when her kids are with their dad, they weren’t with their dad (yet again). He ‘works’ during the week. Between his salary and what she could earn as a nurse they could support the kids in a regular life style but that isn’t good enough for her. She is ‘entitled’ to the best and if getting it means leaving her kids at every chance to travel the world (with her ‘needed’ bodyguard), well, that is what she will do. THAT is why people dislike her and are disgusted with her parenting. It is her comment that she ran the marathon as an example to her kids but the message on the back of her shirt states it was to shove it in the face of her non-fans. Great example!

50. tulips0424 Says:
    December 11th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I guess you are all full of it..cause every one of ya read about Kate..stop saying you don’t care about her…if you keep reading about her..

Comments