Rachel Crow Does Not Blame Nicole Scherzinger For Her Elimination

December 09, 2011 07:46 AM by Lisa Princ

Last night on FOX‘s The X Factor, we said goodbye to Rachel Crow after Nicole Scherzinger decided to go into deadlock and let the votes decide who would move on to the semi-finals. After the show, Rachel Crow, along with Simon Cowell, said that neither of them blame Nicole for her decision. More after the jump!

Last night on The X Factor, we all watched as fan favorite, 13-year-old Rachel Crow, fell to her knees on the stage in devastation when she was revealed to have the lowest number of votes between herself and Marcus Canty, who was also in the bottom two. Rachel could have been saved by Nicole Scherzinger, as both Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell wanted to send Marcus Canty home, but Nicole decided that she did not want to be the one to send someone home, and instead she voted to send Rachel Crow home, which meant that it went to deadlock (leaving the actual votes to decide).

We’ve watched Simon Cowell force an elimination into deadlock previously, and it has worked out in his favor. While we may never know if Nicole Scherzinger was being nice and just trying to get the votes to send Marcus Canty home or not, we do know that Nicole was shocked to see Rachel Crow in the bottom two, as she said after the show: “I don’t know. everything happens for a reason. Rachel, it was a surprise to me that she was in he bottom two and now that she’s being sent home.  I had to leave it up to America.”

Meanwhile, Rachel Crow revealed that her reaction last night was more of an unprepared reaction than anything, and she also said she was not “shocked,” but had more of a scared feeling – and understandably so since she is so young. As for Nicole Scherzinger, Rachel Crow is not upset with her, and after the show she told E!: “I feel really bad. Nicole was so sad. I saw her in her room and she was still crying. I hugged her and it was okay. She’s fine. She’s amazing. It was not her fault.”

Rachel Crow is not alone in her feelings either – Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, and L.A. Reid all feel that Nicole made the best decision she could, and that no one really knows what is going to happen when it comes to the votes. Simon Cowell told E! that there were no games being played last night, and then added of Nicole’s decision: “I went to see her afterwards and this is all off-camera stuff. You know when someone’s lying. She was distraught.” Now, before you go off and send Nicole any death threats, Simon Cowell does not approve of that, and feels like those who have done that need to “get a life.”

Stay tuned as we will have an elimination interview with Rachel Crow last this afternoon! Comment and share your thoughts with us on Rachel Crow’s elimination! We were devastated!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The X Factor news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The X Factor.

Photos: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, The X Factor |

28 Responses to “Rachel Crow Does Not Blame Nicole Scherzinger For Her Elimination”

1. Yemi Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 8:38 am

Nicole’s decision to get back to Simon at the expense of Rachel Crow is the worst decision anyone can ever make considering the fact that Marcus had been at the bottom consistently and Rachel nailed the save me song. It should have been easy decision but Nicole used it as pay back time. Nicole you know what they say pay back is? Just because of your ego. You made the little girl unhappy last night which I believe God will use to open so many opportunities for Rachel.

2. Goddess Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 9:08 am

In truth letting the voters decide was the best move. After all, the voters are what makes this show different. I feel that they should have chosen the top 4 totally based on votes.

I feel bad for Rachel because she is so young, She is 14 years old and very mature for her age. Her reaction was that of shock and disappointment. I felt bad for her mom when Rachel said “You promised!” I am sure that the mom was confident that she was going to make it to the semis. As a mom I know that the mother felt awful. The bottom line is that this very talented 14 year old will have a career. NO DOUBT!

3. Monica Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 10:48 am

I hope Nicole isn’t coming back to X-Factor next season.

4. Johnny B. Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:13 am

I’m sure Nicole is just voting against Simon, no matter what talent she sends home ahead of the three remaining no talent guys left.

5. Ron Sullivan Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:17 am

Rachael is going to be a star! Wouldn’t it be nice if Sheryl Crow became her mentor?

6. dj Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:29 am

What is the use of these judges? They are bias to the ones on their team. And the voting is flawed! They should sing their save me song and then let the voting decide. Not take the votes that were decided on the prior day for a different performance. Otherwise, That girl would have stayed. She beat Marcus that night! Lost me as a viewer!

7. Johnny Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:31 am

So it makes sense that Marcus Canty is next, unless the audience is judging on each week’s performance rather than a popularity contest. At this point and probably has always been the case, Amaro is the best singer and if it were Idol, she is hands down the winner. Chris Rene can sell records with his originality and Josh is my darkhorse to win with his powerful sound.

8. Ron Sullivan Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:33 am

Rachael will be a star! Wouldn’t it be great if Sheryl Crow became her mentor!

9. msgeethom Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:39 am

I feel the elimination process needs some tweeking. If the the decision is going to be based on the votes, then the judges should be totally removed from the process. If the judges are going to be a part of the process, then maybe a secret ballot should be done so the judges are basing their votes solely on the artist & their performance.

10. Shelly Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:43 am

Nicole should be blamed for Rachel being eliminated! Rachel killed in the sing off competition and everyone knew it! It is the job of the judges to be fair and not feel like they can just “leave it to America” because she didn’t want the responsibility of doing what she was hired to do. It was a total failure on Nicole’s part as a judge and she should feel responsible for sending the wrong contestant home.

11. Katy Brown Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:47 am

Not to worry – you may not have won the 5 Mil. but you’ll sign a contract – Simon’s gonna see to that…

12. Christine Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:49 am

Rachel’s survival song was better executed than Marcus’. Nicole should have been able to identify that as a judge, and her technical talent therefore, remains questionable. Last evening was also the first time that Rachel reached the bottom. It was Marcus’ third time. The math seem to add up in Rachel’s favor. I don’t know how all of that escaped Nicole. I also don’t understand how a judge can take the easy route out of something like this where the stakes are so high in a life-changing opportunity. I knew that something was wrong with Nicole’s analytical ability when she told Leroy Bell on her house terrace that she was unsure he wanted it enough to go forward in the competition.

13. crystal Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:54 am

what a beautiful little girl, people should learn from this one such elegance and grace, you have alot to look forward to in life. keep singing girl you make all of us singers proud , you made the hair on my arms stand up. thank you for being you. go girl.

14. J Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:55 am

Bring Rachel back! She has proven herself worthy of that opportunity! There is no remaining contestant who comes even close to signing or performing as outstanding as Rachel – she is “the” star! It’s beyond shocking that she even ended up in the bottom two and I believe an outcry for a “re-count” is definitely in order here. It’s either the phone system failed or Rachel’s supporters took for granted that she performed so amazingly well the night before that they assumed she would be voted through. Nicole absolutely let all the viewers of X-Factor down by such an arrogant act of CHOOSING not to do her duty to make a decision for the best performing act, which, of course, was Rachel. Nicole’s facial expression said it all as she had a look of total shock that it was Rachel who had the lowest phone votes. Shame on Nicole for shirking her responsibility to the viewers.

15. MsChica79 Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 11:56 am

If Simon thinks that wasn’t game play, he’s not as smart as I originally thought he was!

16. Keeping It Real Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I watched the show and picked the first two contests correctly to go through. I also had the feeling that Rachel Crow was a should be eliminated,because Marcus performance was better Tuesday. I judge solely by the singing and not so much their showmanship.

I think Simon needs to raise the age by at least 2 years. Based on the melt down of Astro, the 14year old girl that was eliminated a week or so ago and now by Rachel the 13 year old, a clear case can be made, that while they’re definetly talented and some may say gifted, they lack the mental maturity to handle rejection.

17. patrick daly Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I don’t understand how she couldn’t send anyone home this week but last week she sent Drew home without a second thought. She could have sent it to deadlock last week too. Even she said it was Simons choice of song that was bad for Drew. It all seems staged now.

18. diana Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Rachel is a crack “CRY” baby. Melanie holds the golden egg..age limit needs to be reconsidered

19. delia Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:29 pm

nicole, you not a good singer only good for to showoff of your skins in the stage singing wise and voice you have nothing, coz of the group that why you there, but solo wise you dont have nothing talent, your lots of make up to face and that’s it, you cannot even sing the american national anthem

20. Allie Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Nicole should have “manned up” and voted. I am sorry but she should have been safe. She was incredible and will have a long career! You were great Rachael!! and maybe this is for the best, everything happens for a reason and you are right where God has placed you at this moment.

21. Ghassan Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I love you rachel. this is just the beginning..supporter for life ♥.

22. Nick Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:46 pm

A judges job is to judge. When it came down to the finnal two last nite even LA Reid is full of BS. Pricipal he said? He knows just like Nicole knows and Paula said, Rachel blew it out of the park last night. If LA Reid had any principal he would of voted for the best performance of the two, that is the way it was designed by the people that wrote the rules for the show (it wasn’t even close between the two). When you see things like what happen last night you realize that it has nothing to due with honesty or integrity. It is a joke!!!!!

23. Jim D Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Scherzinger demonstrated obama’s leadership skills. She voted “present”.

24. Katie Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I feel so badly for Rachel because she is precious and so talented. Thank God that Simon is her mentor because I think that he has her back. Rachel….darlin…you are awesome!

25. Dauda Ibrahim Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Rachel is going to be the first to land a contract b4 the winner of the X Factor.And L.A., stop fooling Marcus that he is a star.Marcus is a Karaoke star and let him save that if he wants to have a “Star” in the bank.

26. Julie Talent Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 2:00 pm

LA Ried and Nichol votes are bias, there was no doubt Rachel sang superior to Marcus. I do believe Amaro should win.

27. Dianne Says:
    December 9th, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Nicole’s job was to judge the best performance and she didn’t do her job. When it came down to it, we saw what a coward Nicole really is. She didn’t want to hurt Marcus and thought that Rachel was safe, and in the end, she would, come out not hurting anyone and smelling like a rose. Well, that back fired. Now little Rachel is the one to suffer for Nicole’s mistake. Please don’t bring her back next season. She took the easy way out and it cost dearly.

28. Rosewood11 Says:
    December 10th, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I’m sorry to see Rachel Crow leave The X Factor, but let’s face it,people. Someone goes home every week–sometimes more than one. Listen to the present group of contestants, and tell me which one you would choose to send home. I have my favorites, but I would honestly be glad to see any of these people win. Rachel is going to land on her feet, and I believe with Simon that she is going to end up a massive star. It won’t be long before she’s taking Simon,Nicole,Paula and L.A. to see her new bathroom–in her dressing room/trailer!!!

Nicole Scherzinger is getting a bad rap for Rachel’s loss. She didn’t refuse to vote. She sent it to a deadlock, and America’s votes determined who left. No one should blame Nicole for anything–especially if they didn’t pick up the phone and vote for Rachel.

Comments