Melanie Amaro Is Simon Cowell’s Pick To Be The X Factor Winner

December 22, 2011 01:06 PM by Lisa Princ

Last night on The X Factor, we watched as the remaining three finalists blew us away with their performances. While, we each have our own opinions of who should win the $5 million dollar prize, it is probably no surprise that Simon Cowell thinks that Melanie Amaro should win. More after the jump!

The X Factor will crown a winner tonight, and it comes as no shock that Simon Cowell is rooting for his last lady standing, Melanie Amaro. Ironically, Melanie Amaro was the contestant that Simon Cowell cut from the show at first, but then went to her home to ask her back after chatting with the other judges. Melanie Amaro blew us all away last night with her second performance, but will it be enough to earn her the win, or is Simon about to be disappointed?

After the show, Simon spoke to US Weekly, and he told them: “I was nervous until that very last song by Melanie. If that doesn’t win the competition, I might as well give up,” adding: “But you know, my gut, my heart tells me that Melanie should win after tonight.” Despite the fact that Simon Cowell thinks that Melanie Amaro should win, he admits that the other contestants were great also.

So who does Simon Cowell feel is the greatest threat to Melanie Amaro? He isn’t sure, as he went on to say: “I would have said Josh but then Chris Rene’s second performance, you could feel in the room that people liked him. I know Josh has got a lot of support.” Simon Cowell is preparing himself for anything tonight, as he knows as well as we do that anything can happen, despite what we may think should happen.

As far as we are concerned, all three finalists rocked it last night, and definitely proved to us why they deserved to be there. Did you vote last night? Who are your rooting for to take home the $5 million dollar prize on The X Factor tonight? We want to hear your thoughts! Sound off below and share your comments with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great The X Factor news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The X Factor.

Photos: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, Simon Cowell, The X Factor |

25 Responses to “Melanie Amaro Is Simon Cowell’s Pick To Be The X Factor Winner”

1. lorrie Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Melanie is a fat cow who is not very original. So HOW MANY MARIAHS DO WE NEED ? SHE SOUNDS LIKE ANY NUMBER OF BLACK WOMEN SINGERS. SO WHAT ???????
    Melanie is BORING—BORING—BORING

I voted for Chris Rene, and either he or Josh should win.

2. Jhen Kobran Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Whatever. Rachel Crow was the best of the bunch. Whoever wins now is pointless.

3. rain Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 1:55 pm

She is okay as a singer. I didn’t like the duet with R.kelly. He overshadowed her. I like really like Josh and I hope he wins it. His voice is one of a kind

4. E.R. Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 2:21 pm

For sheer stage presence and voice quality Melanie gets my vote for the big prize. I would put Josh in second and Chris René in third.
    Regardless, all three are very talented and should have no problem landing contracts.

5. Erina H. Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Melanie Amaro!!!! I stand by my girl all the way…I dreamt that she won the $5mil already!!!! GO MELANIE!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!<3 :D

6. Vernial Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Melanie Amaro nailed the competition door shut. She is by far a great singer on the level of Jennifer Hudson and Whitney Houston. Good pitch and range. A pleasure to see and hear perform.

7. cotoro Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 2:59 pm

My vote is on Melanie Amaro she gave me goose bumps like Carrie Underwood from American Idol. Melanie is a very humbling young girl. Lots of love and hope you WIN!

8. Challenger to you Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Melanie Amaro is superb. She SHOULD WIN.

9. Maxwell Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I’ll be okay if Melanie or Josh gets it, and hope they both get record deals.

10. Diana Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Melanie Amaro has the best voice. They’re all great and have careers ahead of them but, based on vocal talent alone, Melanie should win!

11. nancy Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:09 pm

chris Renee all the way:)

12. DeeT Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Melanie is the best of the last 3 standing. A few of those who are no longer in the competition (Stacy Francis & Rachel Crowe)were much better than Chris Rene.

13. Gary M Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Well they all 3 are really good, I’m an old Rocker, so my heart goes with Josh, but Melanie is an incredible singer and I can see where the youger generation would like Chris. Of the 3, Josh is the only one I will buy an album of or even potential buy a concert ticket of. So I’m hoping for Josh.

14. baley Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Melanie is ok, Chris Rene sings off key tough his soul shines through, but Josh has talent, presence and heart and should definitely be the one who takes home the prize..if there is any justice in this world Josh will be the winner!

15. FamilyTreeNut1955 Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:30 pm

This is an answer for Lorrie- Melanie MAY be a person of COLOR, but she is NOT BLACK! She and her family are from the British Virgin Islands…. You need to do more research…. How do I know this? I work with her uncle, who is also from the British Virgin Islands. Your opinion is your own and I respect that, but get your facts straight.

16. Gloria Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:34 pm

all 3 are great but Chris got my vote – he is everything, a songwriter, a performer, a sincere person and a singer – and isn’t that what the X Factor is about?

17. Tami Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Melanie all the way. Josh is also really good. I predicted that these two would be in the top three at the very beginning. But Melanie did blow it out of the water last night. I will be happy if either of them wins tonight. Sorry Chris.

18. maddie Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:37 pm

i think she should win, along with chris rene. I really did like drew and astro though.

19. Jack Habitt Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I’ve learned by watching American Idol the person who should win doesn’t. Chris Rene will win because the entertainment industry believes rehabilitating addicts have a more compelling shelf life. Hot stories going up to fame and even more when he hits rehab. Melanie Amaro is by far the best vocalist. But Nicole’s obvious lust for backing LA and Paula’s gibberish aside signal the fix is in. Take a look at the Pepsi commercial that ran on the show which opens with a shot of Chris and a parting shot of him. Remember Hollywood thinks Americans are stupid.

20. Sabrina Gonzales Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Melaine is going to win!! I am sure of it! She is the best out of all the contestants she actually deserves to be there!! Chris and Josh suck!! Melaine all the way!! :)

21. Bob Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Hey Lorrie, based on your comment we are all voting for you to get a life. Melanie was by far the best. However if America is like you, tone deaf, then one of the other contestants will win.

22. Denise Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Chris Rene? Really? Probably should hurry up and vote some more. I don’t care which of the other two win, but I am partial to Melanie.

23. Jolene Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 6:05 pm

From the moment I saw Melanie’s audition (which gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes) I said she’s going to win this hands down……I still feel the same today. I truly hope she gets enough votes. HOPE YOU WIN MELANIE!!!! GOOD LUCK!!

24. Jolene Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 6:12 pm

MELANIE ALL THE WAY!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

25. jaen-michel Says:
    December 22nd, 2011 at 8:23 pm

congrad melony all respect to you
    god love you
    you going to change the world with your voice merry xm to you and a lot of blessing with your new record deal love you
    from Jen-Michel pembroke pines fl