Property Virgins: Where Is Sandra Rinomato

January 11, 2012 12:36 PM by Christine McDow

Fans of the hit HGTV show, Property Virgins, were shocked to tune into the new season today only to see that their favorite property expert, Sandra Rinomato was missing!  Where did she go and what is next for the real estate queen?   We have done the research for you and have some of the answers.

Property Virgins is the hit reality show filmed in the US and Canada focusing on first time home buyers and their search for the perfect home in their budget.  Sandra Rinomato’s friendly and funny personality helped make the show a huge success.  Viewers loved turning in to watch her take property virgins on a ride trying to find the perfect house that not only fit their needs, but fit their price point.  After waiting months for the new season to begin, viewers were shocked to see Egypt Sherrod, trying to fill Sandra Rinomato’s shoes.  Not everyone is happy with the change.

The Property Virgins facebook page, as well as Sandra Rinomato’s facebook page, immediately lit up with people expressing their displeasure at not seeing Sandra on the show this season.  Many were asking why, others were stating that they would no longer watching the show.  There are some who are saying that they love Egypt Sherrod and are willing to give the show a chance with her as the host.

After researching for our own curiosity the reason why Sandra Rinomato is no longer on the show, this is what we have found.  Sandra quit her position as host of Property Virgins in order to branch out and do her own show, called Buy Herself.  Buy Herself is going to keep Sandra in the business of helping customers find property, only this time it will be only women whom she is helping.

For viewers who are not sure about this switch of hosts you are not alone.  Perhaps HGTV is not sure either?  After all the page on their website for Property Virgins, as of the premiere today, still had Sandra Rinomato listed as the host.  Hmmm….

Tell us what you think!  Have you seen Property Virgins?  Will you watch now that Egypt Sherrod is the host?  Will you be watching Sandra Rinomato on her new show Buy Herself?

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great reality tv news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo Credits: Lifetime

Topics: Property Virgins |

161 Responses to “Property Virgins: Where Is Sandra Rinomato”

1. sgtusmc Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 1:34 pm

No , Will not be watching without Sandra

2. Jan Michael Nace Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I will not be watching Property Virgins anymore after watching nearly all of it last night without Sandra. Not the same at all.

3. Denise J Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I will not be watching. I do not like Egypt. If HGTV had found a host similar to Sandra I would probably still be watching. However Egypt is that loud kind of personality I do not enjoy watching (similar to Niecy Nash, can’t stand her).

4. Margot K Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Who is the new hostess, why didn’t HGTV prepare us for this. There must be a reason.
    I am a native New Yorker and very proprietary about our real estate, Egypt is no native or expert.
    Selling New York should be called Showing New York, they seem to sell very little, but at least the Kleiers are real New Yorkers.

5. Chrissie Kirk Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 6:45 pm

The new Property Virgins is just like House Hunters. So not only have we love our original and favorite host, they’ve dropped the original format and are a copy cat of House Hunters. Did the powers that be at HGTV not notice that??

6. Maya Ayala Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 8:25 pm

This was a tough pill to swallow. My husband and I have been watching this show for a while now. We loved Sandra’s blunt yet kindhearted appeal and no-nonsense approach to first-time home buying.

We tuned in to watch the show with Egypt. While the new PROPERTY VIRGINS was still interesting, we think that the show will need some time to grow on us again. However, we are willing to give Egypt — and the show — a chance.

We’re disappointed that Sandra has moved on, but we are happy that she will try her luck at a show geared solely to women. Of course, that ostracizes about 50% of the population — including my hubby who also enjoys HGTV.

Good luck, Sandra.

Good luck, Egypt.

7. Maya Ayala Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 8:33 pm

By the way, one problem that I did have with the premier was when new host Egypt Sherrod told the prospective first-time homebuyers that they would be lucky to “get 80% of the things that they are looking for” in a home.

This couple was going to spend about $1 Million on a new home in New York City. Sandra used to caution homebuyers to NOT make a decision on a home that they weren’t completely happy with (value-wise) or happy with its potential.

Egypt was wrong in saying that they would be lucky to get 80%. A home is such a huge investment that it should have the potential to include (or be modified to include) nearly everything that you wanted.

8. fred Says:
    January 11th, 2012 at 8:39 pm

no i will not watch the show without sandra

9. Alex H Says:
    January 12th, 2012 at 1:33 pm

No, we will not watch without Sandra Rinomato. Just that little glimpse of Egypt and her grating voice from the previews was enough to make us change the channel. HGTV keeps changing formats and hosts of successful programs. We find ourselves watching HGTV far less often. While they’re at it, they should fire Sabrina Soto, Sofie Allsopp and Genevieve Gorder. All they ever do is make everything beige, chocolate or grey. YAWN. Lisa LaPorta knew how to tone things down a bit without making every room look dull. We also miss Hidden Potential.

10. pdevlin Says:
    January 12th, 2012 at 2:29 pm

The show without Sandra stunk. So boring I switched it off after 10 minutes and won’t be watching again. Ms. Sherrod is obnoxious and seems to have no knowledge of real estate – all she did was showboat. There is really no difference now between this and House Hunters. Hope we get to see Sandra’s new show in the states.

11. notbrokedontfix Says:
    January 12th, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Was very disappointed to watch Property Virgins without Sandra Rinomato. It seems as if the show is a shell of its former self. They made a new show and just used the Property Virgins name. Definitely will NOT watch this new one.

12. Marilyn Says:
    January 12th, 2012 at 5:09 pm

I felt like Sandra was my friend. What an awesome woman she is! Property Virgins will NOT be the same without her and I’m not sure if I’ll continue to watch it or not. The first episode with Egypt was … crappy. Ick. No offense against her because I’m sure she’s a wonderful person but she ain’t Sandra and she simply cannot replace her. :(

13. Maggie Says:
    January 12th, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I totally agree with the comments that the show is just another House Hunters. Sandra Rinomato knew exactly how to guide property virgins, while Egypt Sherrod seems to be just a real estate salesperson (and her voice IS grating). On the first show Sherrod takes a couple with $1M to spend from Soho to Williamsburg – really? I live in NYC all my life & they could have gotten something better than the sketchy area in Wmsburg they bought in. Just call the show House Hunters In Overpriced Neighborhoods. I won’t bother to watch this show again.

14. Walter Says:
    January 13th, 2012 at 9:51 am

I agree that the show just didn’t have as much pizzazz without Sandra.

Sandra Rinomato was an EXPERT in property sales, negotiation and what people really need (and even what they truly want). Because of her expertise, her words carried a lot of weight with potential first-time homebuyers.

I didn’t agree with some of the things that Egypt told this couple. $1 Million is a heck of a lot of money to spend on a home — even in New York.

This couple could have had better options, but it seemed like Egypt Sherrod didn’t understand their needs, desires and actually pushed them into this decision.

I will give it another week or two and then I will come back and write on this article’s comment section. Unfortunately, I don’t have much faith in the show anymore.

Hopefully, Egypt Sherrod will prove that those fears are unfounded.

15. Kathy Says:
    January 13th, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Thank you for letting us know what happened to Sandra. So often someone disappears and we can never find out what happened to them. I don’t know if I will watch without Sandra, because I did hear Egypt’s voice and was turned off by it.

16. Kathy Says:
    January 13th, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I can’t believe Sandra Rinomato is gone from Property Virgins. She WAS the show. I did watch the first new episode but do not think I will be watching any more episodes. Nothing personal but the new host just isn’t the right fit. If I can find Sandra’s new show I will definitely watch it.

17. Tonia Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 11:43 am

I was really disappointed that Sandra is not the host of Property Virgin this season. The new host Egypt is just not cutting it for me. Sandra had that caring spirit and she respected the guest needs and wants. She had that special “something” that tapped into what the guest needs were. I truly dislike Egypt’s voice and she gives off the attitude as if she is rushing the guest so she can move on to the next guest. I would not be surprised if the show started have more than one house search in one episode(meaning working with two separate property virgins in one episode). I really dont think the show will last after this season with Egypt as the host. I don’t believe I am intersted in the show anymore; however, I will be waiting to see Sandra’s show. Maybe the producers at HGTV should change the name of the show to House Hunters 2.

18. Janet m Says:
    January 15th, 2012 at 10:53 am

Sandra please come back. No i will not watch the show any more. I watch the new with Egyt and it is not the same. I turn it off for good.

19. Ernie Says:
    January 15th, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I will not be watching any episodes of PV where SR is not the host. Egypt just doesn’t make the grade. I hope the producers reconsider but then it looks like it wasn’t their decision but Sandra’s decision. I wish her well in her new endeavors.

20. Keith Says:
    January 15th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I also agree with what most are saying on this thread. The new Property Virgins is not the same without Ms. Rinomato. Actually, with Egypt now the new host, there are just two words that come to mind: EPIC FAIL.

I will no longer watch Property Virgins with Egypt as the host, unless she somehow miraculously manages to get an outgoing and friendly personality and demonstrates that she truly does CARE about the people who are looking to purchase their first home, but I’m not holding out too much hope on this actually happening. I wish Sandra all the best in her new show! She is what made Property Virgins the truly great and wonderful show it was and I have no doubt she will do the same with her new show.

21. Tob Says:
    January 15th, 2012 at 1:33 pm

We used to love the show but don’t anymore. We are looking forward to “Buy Herself” so we can get our Rinomato fix.

22. karen Says:
    January 15th, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I agree on Egypt’s irritating voice – same goes for sabrina and the know it all genavieve. Looking forward to sandra’s new show.

23. Sheila Says:
    January 15th, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Let Sandra do both shows. You can’t find anyone to take her place.

24. Wendy Says:
    January 15th, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Extremely disappointed to no see Sandra – she made the show. I’m sure Egypt is a nice person, but I will no longer watch. She does not have Sandra’s talent in dealing with people, property and narration. Greatly missed!!! HGTV needs to bring her back if possible. I will also be looking for her new show.

25. jac neal Says:
    January 15th, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I love Sandra, I will not watch the new property virgins. That’s a fact.

26. Brandi Says:
    January 15th, 2012 at 4:22 pm

The show is definitely not the same. I will not be watching it with the new host. From the comments, I will not be surprised if the show lasts another season.

27. Nicole Says:
    January 15th, 2012 at 4:57 pm

No Sandra = No Show = No Watch!

28. Krista Says:
    January 16th, 2012 at 1:22 am

I’m disappointed to see that Property Virgins has a new hostess. That’s like trying to watch Clean House without Niecy Nash and her crew. HGTV might think it will work, but in the long run it will fail :(

Sandra, if you are reading any of this, I hope you see just how much you mean to the show and the viewers that watch Property Virgins. My husband and I like watching it together and we were shocked to see the commercial with a new hostess. It’s just not the same. Sorry. Good luck with your new show!

HGTV should have just given the show a ‘LAST SHOW’ episode with Sandra and closed the show all together instead of trying to replace the hostess. That’s just my own opinion. I will miss Sandra and will, most likely, not watch the new season.

29. Debbie Says:
    January 16th, 2012 at 11:50 am

Will not be watching unless Sandra comes back.
    Pissed that the viewers were not informed that she would not be on this year except for a stuipid commerical………..

30. Barbara Says:
    January 16th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

My husband and I are upset that Sandra will no longer be on Property Virgin. We can’t stand the obnoxious commercials for the show with the new host. The new person is terrible! We will not watch the show anymore. HGTV is getting worse and worse about making all of their changes in the old show…they are definitely not making changes for better quality and viewing.

31. Vanessa Says:
    January 16th, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I’m watching the first episode without Sandra now, so far not impressed but will try to give it a chance. They should change the name then maybe it would be easier for people to embrace a new host.

32. Donna Says:
    January 16th, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Some things dont need fixing……..this show was one of them. They shouldnt have changed it.

33. Judy Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 1:18 am

I loved Sandra … and will NOT be watching Property Virgins anymore. What a bummer to lose such a perfect hostess. Offer her both jobs. Property Virgins IS Sandra Rinomato.

34. sc Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Nope sorry – but Sandra made the show. I’ll watch her new show – whenever and wherever it’ll be on, but I’m not interested in the new version. It’s probably salary.

35. Bev Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Why oh Why when they change the host/hostess on good tv show don’t they find someone with their own persoanlity and not someone trying to be like the one who made the show a big hit. The one we all really liked.

Egypt is NOT Sandra.

I also hope to be able to see Sandra’s new show here in the states on a satilite connection

36. RWT Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Could the change be due to efforts to achieve diversity, which have increased significantly since Obama was elected?

37. Dennis Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Miss Sandra, it was not the Show but her personality and wonderful charm. Not going to be watching the show without her since there is little sense because I miss seeing her. It’s like the song “I’ve grown accustomed to her face”

38. Bob Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I do not like the new host and will not watch the show. I’m looking forward to seeing Sandra’s new show on HGTV or any other channel that picks it up. Good luck to Sandra!

39. Russ Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Sorry to see Sandra is not on any longer. The new show is not worth watching.
    Hope we get Sandra’s new show in detroit area so we can see Sandra again

40. Elma Bruce Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I will stop watching Propert Virgins if Egypt Sherrod is the new host, I liked watching Property Virgins when Sandra Rinomato was the host. I will start watching “Buy Herself” when it comes to my station. Do you the date that “Buy Herself” will come to HGTV?

41. Natalie Says:
    January 17th, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I closed a deal once with Egypt. She was a licensed Realtor in NJ for a very short period of time. She was by far one of the least favorite agents I have ever worked with on a transaction and I remember our dealings vividly because she had no idea what she was doing, nor was she at all professional in a business setting. She is a wannabe actress/realtiy personality, not a seasoned Real Estate professional. She is not well regarded in our local market. Sometimes I really wonder what these executives are thinking when they hire certain folks.

42. V Shark Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 12:11 am

I watched 1 show too many hosted by new broad don’t like her attitude towards buyers, when and where will I be able too see Sandras new show??

43. Donna Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 6:11 am

I will now watch “Buy Herself”. You had a good thing HGTV. You shouldn’t have let her leave, after all she was the show!

44. Donna Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 6:59 am

I wish Sandra all the luck in the world… but boy did HGTV screw up here! The reason the show was such a great success is because of Sandra (not to say this other lady cannot do the job) BUT she is not Sandra!! You had a good thing HGTV; you shouldn’t have let her leave!

I will now watch “Buy Herself”. PS That other lady, Egypt is a way too overpowering.

45. joyce Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I do not care for Egypt. I don’t care for her voice, mannerisms, and she doesn’t seem as warm. So I’m no longer watching. I loved the show before.

46. Rhonda Says:
    January 19th, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I am so glad that Sandra is gone!
    She smiled in the new buyer’s faces but she talked to them, like she was so superior and they were dummies, just because they were new at purchasing a home. Her main goal was for herself. She made reference to the buyers, if they want to get a decent home, they need to spent their maximum budget. Some of the new buyer even went back to the Finance Co. to see if they could qualify for even more money.

House Hunter worked with the buyers, to get them the best home with the lowest offers.

I’m glad Egypt Sherrod replaced Sandra Rinomato.

47. Alice Kliewer Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 7:29 am

I WILL NOT BE WATCHING PROPERTY VIRGINS. SANDRA MADE THAT SHOW. I WILL WATCH HER NEW SHOW. WILL IT BE ON HGTV.

48. Sandy Says:
    January 21st, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I thought I was the only one that was shocked to see the new host Egypt Sherrod instead of Sandra Rinomato on HGTV’s Property Virgins. I am not very pleased with this new host. Sandra was the best! I certainly hope you will get her new show on your channel as soon as it is available!

49. Sue Lee Says:
    January 21st, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I miss Sandra. I caught 30 seconds of the new show without Sandra and turned it off.

50. Dawn W. Says:
    January 21st, 2012 at 4:01 pm

There will be no more Property Virgins for me without Sandra. The new host is Obnoxious!!!

51. Adele Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Egypt Sherrod is horrible, there are better shows on to fill the void of Sandra. ‘Love it or List it’, and ‘Property Brothers’, are fun to watch, and are now my favorites! I’m done with Property Virgins.

52. Lela Von Schlegal Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 2:06 pm

What? A real estate show about women? How absurd! Women have been buying their own property since prior to us getting the vote! Isabella Stewart Gardner, anyone? Oh, Sandra, I love you, sister, but why you departed PV for this new show is utterly beyond me! Good luck, though, I fear you are going to need it.

Who is this Egyptian everyone is speaking of?

53. Sharon Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I will not continue to watch.

54. Rachel Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Sandra really did MAKE the show. Me and my husband will no longer be watching, since they don’t have a decent host AND changed the format. That new woman is AWFUL. Such a shame. Guess we will look forward to her new show to get our fix, she really does have a spark about her and so Knowledgeable and straight-forward about real estate…sad..

55. Lainie Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Won’t watch new host – we loved Sandra; she made the show. Do not care for the new host – if Sandra won’t come back, please at least try to get someone like her. This was a great show.

56. Moe Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 10:34 pm

No Sandra=Dislike!!! Not the same… Don’t care for this Egypt chic!!!

57. Don Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I really am bummed … Iseriuosly love PV, and Sandra is the success of the program … Sorry, but even the commercial announcing the new host turned me off … This show was built with Sandra as the center piece … I am sorely disappointed …

58. Linda Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I turned on HGTV tonight for my HGTV fix, only to say “What the heck is this”?? Where in the heck is Sandra?? If Sandra is truly starting a new show, HGTV needs to figure out how to dig into their deep pockets & give her a significant raise to have her do both shows. I’ve seen it time and time again, the big wigs don’t get it!! My husband and I will not be watching unless Sandra comes back.

59. Patricia Says:
    January 25th, 2012 at 1:43 am

No one can replace Sandra. HGTV should have just ended Property Virgins. The new host of the show, Egypt does not have the warmth and class that Sandra has. Sorry HGTV, but you lost a good one, when Sandra left and I’m sure a lot of viewers too!!! I hope you have sense enough to pick up her new show.

60. Lisa Holt Says:
    January 25th, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I agree no one can replace Sandra. I started watching Property Virgins while recovering from an illness. Loved Sandra! She made me laugh which was hard to do during this time of my life. I have seen the new host and she is no Sandra. Sorry HGTV but you screwed up big time by letting Sandra leave. Guess I will have to go find something better to watch because property virgins with the new host Egypt STINKS!!!!!

61. Gail Lee Says:
    January 25th, 2012 at 7:41 pm

No, I will not be watching the show anymore. It is not the least bit interesting, and Egypt doesn’t have a warm personality at all.
    It was one of my favorite shows. I am VERY disappointed!

62. Stephanie Says:
    January 25th, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Won’t watch anymore without Sandra. Tried it, didn’t like it.

63. Betty Gatlin Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I have always looked forward to watching Property Virgins. But to my disappointment there was a new emcee. I tried watching and found it very dissatisfying. I have not since watched the program. I understand that Sandra has moved on to another project. Even though I’ll miss the show and Sandra I do wish her all the best.

64. Konnie Barr Says:
    January 27th, 2012 at 7:58 am

I’m sorry; I really liked Property Virgins with Sandra. I am late to the show. Just last year, but I agree. I won’t be watching it with Egypt; she just doesn’t do it for me. I’m sure she’s nice but she just rubs me the wrong way. I don’t enjoy the show with her. I wish HGTV had not messed up like this.

65. Joey Brooks Says:
    January 27th, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I tried to watch with the new host several times.. just do not like her in this role.. I hope they bring back Sandra!!!Thanks..

66. Cindy Kujak Says:
    January 27th, 2012 at 10:08 pm

We really liked Sandra and don’t care for Egypt. Just not a good fit.

67. Ann Says:
    January 28th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

68. Ann Says:
    January 28th, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Regardless of the Egypt is not very good as a host unfortunately. She is nowhere near as good as Sandra was, she’s very pushy with the clients and she keeps showing them homes that are outside of their budget. This was not a change for the better.

69. Greg Says:
    January 28th, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Is HGTV nuts? Sandra made PV the most entertaining
    shows on their lineup…
    The new host will never fill Sandra’s shoes…
    This is a big mistake by HGTV…
    I hope they have enough since to air her new show…

70. M.Schott Says:
    January 29th, 2012 at 11:41 am

Broken-hearted that Sandra decided to bail-will-not be watching!

71. michael Says:
    January 29th, 2012 at 11:59 am

no sandra no me.. so long property virgins

72. michael Says:
    January 29th, 2012 at 12:03 pm

You also might as well remove the G from hgtv.. you have removed almsot all the garden shows, which has made me turn the channel to the create channel to find what i’m looking for and now no sandra.. HGTV come on… is it about the people or is it about what the heads of hgtv want?

73. Ann Fessenden Says:
    January 29th, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Sandra”s warm, sincere and bubbly personality made this show. You always felt she was honestand had the buyers best intrest at heart. I tried to watch a new episode with Egypt and find the show BORING. I wish Sandra well with her new show and hope I will be able to watch, Dear HGTV remember: IF IT’S NOT BROKEN, THEN DON’T FIX IT.

74. John Peel Says:
    January 29th, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I miss Rhino. Please bring back Rhino. I hate these house hunting shows, but my wife loves them. So, I sit there stewing while these shows are on and make the best of it that I can. Rhino made the show and at least made it palatable for me. Now she is gone and now I can’t stand PV either.

75. Edward klos Says:
    January 30th, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Nope wont be watching virgins any more, it is not the same show without Sandra.That cute bubbly girl made the whole show. Good luck to Sandra.

76. Joyce Anders Says:
    January 30th, 2012 at 1:38 pm

will no longer watch did not care for Egypt- sad this was one of my favorite shows

77. Betty Ward Says:
    January 30th, 2012 at 4:12 pm

You took a winning show and made a losing show without Sandra.

78. Ronda Davis Says:
    January 31st, 2012 at 7:02 am

Im not happy about Sandra being gone from property virgins. I do not like the loud mouth woman who took her place so therefore i will not be watching proerty virgins anymore. I will wait until Lisa’s new show aires and i will watch that.

79. Pam Chance Says:
    January 31st, 2012 at 8:01 pm

We Want Sandra back!!!! I can;t stand the newby on the bolck…. I also want Lisa Lapoter and Clive back on Designed to Sell…I will not be watching Property Virgins anymore, unless Sandra comes backm, I agree with other comments let Sandra do both shows! Come on HGTV show her the $$$$$ You can afford it….

80. Roberta Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 9:42 am

Will not watch without Sandra – they should give her a big raise and BEG her to stay!

81. vgs1895 Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I want to give the newby a chance and have watched it a few times. I can’t really get in synch with her. I will try it a few more times, but I love Sandra–she made the show.

82. Ellie Says:
    February 5th, 2012 at 11:26 am

I am one of the many who will not be watching Property Virgins now that Ms. Rinomato is gone. She was the backbone of the show with a genuine personality and a plethora of knowledge. I will be anticipating the debut of her new show and plan on enjoying her in that as much as I did seeing her in Property Virgins.

83. p williams Says:
    February 5th, 2012 at 12:34 pm

She did some of us a favor by leaving. Condencending, self serving, and as a buyer looking, totally unrealistic. People praising her must know nothing about today’s real estate market. Not sure if it is her or the show’s producer but all seem out of touch.

84. Egypt Sherrod Says:
    February 6th, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I will not watch property Virgins until Sandra is hosting the show again!

85. Granof2 Says:
    February 7th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

No..will not watch it…Egypt does not have the same flair

86. Barbara Says:
    February 7th, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Yep I’ve watched it – Nope I won’t be watching it again. Sandra was the reason PV was a success – it’s not the same without her!

87. SM Says:
    February 7th, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I, too, really liked Sandra! But to everyone comparing the new host of PV (Egypt) to Sandra, it’s a little unfair. Sandra’s been with the show for years and grew her fan base; most of you won’t even give Egypt a chance after only a few weeks. And the fact that the new season has homes in the US northeast makes a big difference as well. For those that are familiar with the “up north” culture, Egypt and many of the new property virgins certainly fit the mold. All I’m saying is give it a chance…like we gave Sandra.

88. Jerry Says:
    February 7th, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I’m glad to find this. My partner and I wondered what happened to Sandra. The show kinda stinks without her. We always felt like we’d love Sandra as our realtor; we kinda wish Egypt was our collections agent …

89. shirlie Says:
    February 8th, 2012 at 5:30 am

No I will not watch it.. Haven’t and will just watch the reruns. Hope HGTV was smart enough to give Sandras show Buy Herslef a slot on their schedule. I would waatch that….until you replace Egypt I’ll be reading a book or playing angry birds.

90. Kathleen Says:
    February 8th, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Egypt does an adequate job but she doesn’t have Sandra’s flair or charisma. Last night she was telling a couple in Monroe, NY that their concerns about a raised ranch covered from top to bottom in wallpaper were trivial. Has she never removed wallpaper from a house?! It is a long, tedious and unpleasant job. I wouldn’t have touched that place with someone else’s ten-foot pole.

91. Dorwin Byrd Says:
    February 9th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Why change something when it works? Sandra gave good advice, but also let buyers know that sometimes their dreams may not be what they can afford. I will not be watching the show!

92. Leon Says:
    February 12th, 2012 at 9:27 pm

My wife are crazy about Sandra and have really enjoyed the show with her as the host. We have always taped the show if we couldn’t watch it live. We have watched a few shows with the new host but were not impressed. I talked with a friend who along with his wife have been hugh fans of the show and they have also decided not to watch the show any more. Even as much as we have enjoyed Sandra doing the show, my wife said tonight that she would not watch her only selling to other women. Wish you could get her back Property Virgins, we miss her.

93. Joanie Says:
    February 14th, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Nope. I will not watch Property Virgins without Sandra.

94. diane Says:
    February 15th, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Miss Sandra. My husband and i enjoyed watching the show and sandra’s good advice for first time buyers. Egypt’s too loud. Hoping HGTV USA will pick up Sanddra’s new show intime for her april premiere. Will only watch reruns of property virgins with Sandra

95. J.R. Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 10:22 am

yeah that kind of sucks. I won’t be watching it without her.

96. Judy Tindall Says:
    February 21st, 2012 at 10:23 am

Will not be watching without Sandra

97. Michelle Says:
    February 21st, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Tried watching the new Property Virgins but the style and comments of the new host were lacking in professionalism, and personality. It was one of my favorite HGTV shows but no longer. I’ll miss it and Sandra.

98. Brenda Says:
    March 2nd, 2012 at 1:38 am

I can’t imagine anyone who has enjoyed Property Virgins for the past several years with Sandra as a host embracing Egypt (who is she anyway?). As everyone else has stated, Egypt is loud, fake, and obviously has little knowledge of real estate.

The new show is terrible and I won’t be watching.

99. Beverly Says:
    March 2nd, 2012 at 10:52 am

I have watched Sandra from the day PV was conceived, I believe. I have wondered why and where she was. My DVR was always set for PV new shows and I still watched the reruns. I HAVE given the new host a chance. Sorry, format is all different and name needs to be changed to protect the innocent. Sandra made the show with her personality and straight way of saying this is what it is. I have to agree with the reference of Niecy Nash to the new host. I no longer watch any shows except her reruns.

100. Eddie Says:
    March 4th, 2012 at 10:47 am

I have watched two episodes of the new Property Virgins with Egypt and can not stand her. HGTV has started to suck over the past year and I no longer enjoy it much more!

101. Brenda Says:
    March 10th, 2012 at 9:55 am

NO SANDRA, will not watch, gave it a chance, hate the new show. Why can’t Sandra so both????

102. Vickie Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 12:53 am

Sandra made the show, I tried watching the new person twice. No more. Bummer

103. Greg Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 7:59 am

I like the new host and the new format.

104. DC Says:
    March 18th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Property Virgins definately is not the same. Sandra is and was the best for this show. This other person, Egypt does absolutely nothing for this show. She has no talent whatsoever. I have tried to watch the show with the new person and she just doesn’t have it! There’s no way she can replace Sandra. I will not be watching Property Virgins anymore and my friends say they won’t either! Bring back Sandra.

105. kris Says:
    March 19th, 2012 at 6:27 am

Does anyone know if HGTV picked up the new Sandra Rinomato “BUY HERSELF” show ???
    Can’t stand the “NEW” host. She’s very ROUGH around the edges. YUCK…. Watched 15 min . , and that was more than enough for this Sandra Rinomato fan.
    ANYONE have some info. ???????

106. Bob in Hershey Says:
    March 19th, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I miss SANDRA!!!!I am not impressed with the new host–sorry, but I find her personality annoying. Sandra is warm, classy, and has a good sense of humor– all which added to the success of the show. I wish her much luck in her new endevor but unfortunately she has left alot of viewers behind with the changes. I no longer watch “Property Virgins”, unless it’s a rerun of a show with Sandra as the host.

107. lilkunta Says:
    March 19th, 2012 at 4:27 pm

come on what is the truth? Did HGTV not agree to Sandra’s salary increase? I find it hard to beleive that Sandra really want to focus solely on lady buyers, that is discrimination. ALL GENDERS want to buy a apt and house?

Does Egypt have any real estate experience? I thought she is a radio host in NY?

108. suzie C Says:
    March 19th, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I agree with everyone. I loved Sandra and I miss her personality. I have tried watching PV with the new host but its just not the same without Sandra.Sorry HGTV but I`m gonna have to drop PV from my TV line up.

109. Zeelady Says:
    March 25th, 2012 at 8:47 am

Sorry, I won’t be watching anymore. Egypt’s personality is a little too grating. Sandra had a unique personality for television shows and I totally enjoyed watching her. I HOPE that HGTV runs her new show, “Buy Herself,” although I don’t like the concept as much as “Property Virgins.”

110. Jazel B. Says:
    March 25th, 2012 at 12:40 pm

We will not be watching PV anymore. The new host egypt is horrible and can’t even compare to Sandra. She seems full of herself and not relatable at all. We are sooooo disappointed.

111. Sherloc Says:
    March 26th, 2012 at 9:06 am

It is difficult to replace a host when they have settled in. If a program is successful then do not make major changes. Sandra’s new series might catch on with viewers, but it might not do as well as Property Virgins. I think she should do both.

112. Anita Says:
    March 31st, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I will not be watching Property Virgins anymore without Sandra.
    I will watch her new show.
    Very disappointed!

113. Ann Says:
    April 1st, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I miss Sandra! Property Virgins will never be the same. Won’t she reconsider?

Her fan Ann

114. arlene fenn Says:
    April 3rd, 2012 at 7:09 pm

NO I WILL NOT BE WATCHING!! See if she will reconsider. Where can we watch her new show?

115. Wendy Says:
    April 3rd, 2012 at 8:23 pm

The new Property Virgins debuts here tomorrow, and from I have seen from the runners, I will not be watching. Egypt’s voice for one thing is very annoying, and the way she presents herself, well, looks like it is just that, presenting herself, not the prospective buyers or the houses. You messed up Trading Spaces, and now Property Virgins. Smarten up TLC!!!!

116. Beach Says:
    April 7th, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Did anybody else see Egypt Sherrod talking with her clients while wearing flip flop sandals?! How unprofessional!! And that was just the tip of the iceberg with how she came across…

117. ROBERT Says:
    April 12th, 2012 at 11:24 am

WITHOUT SANDRA, TO MY WIFE AND MY SELF THEIR IS NO SHOW. WILL NOT BE WATCHING.

118. Marie Jones Says:
    April 12th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Egypt is NOT a licensed realtor in NYC which is why it seems as if she doenst have a CLUE about what shes doing.

ALL realtors in NY are licensed by the state and can be looked up through a public search, to ensure they are licensed. Ms. Sherrod is not anywhere to be found. What a fraud! Bring back Sandra!!!

119. ThatGuy Says:
    April 14th, 2012 at 5:17 pm

If anyone saw the Episode this Season with the young couple from Jersey. James and Monica from Jersey. The funny thing is, they got the keys to the house at the end.. But Monica actually cheated on her boyfriend with me, a few months after this show, and they were both living at home, so don’t know how real this show is.

120. Jody Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I won’t be watching anymore. Don’t like Egypt, she came across as criticizing the buyers in the
    episode I saw. Doesn’t even come close to Sandra.
    Not the same show.

121. Pepper Says:
    April 23rd, 2012 at 7:36 am

My husband and I do not like the new host therefore we will not be seeing this show again

122. Ashley Says:
    April 23rd, 2012 at 6:39 pm

We do not like this show without Sandra, we will not be watching this show without her.

123. Alicia Says:
    April 29th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I loved Sandra and the show Property Virgins. It will remain as one of my favorite shows. I just watched the new show and love the youthful, fresh vibe Egypt brings to the show. She seems very personable and has a lot of real estate knowledge. I will continue to watch the show as I am also a first time homebuyer.

124. Mary Ann Says:
    April 29th, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I love the show plain and simple. I didn’t just watch the show for Sandra. I am definitely going to give the new show a try.

125. Nick Says:
    May 1st, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I don’t mind a new host if one is needed but I am not liking the new one. We used to watch the show all the time but with the new host we watched 2 episodes and figured that’s enough.

126. Heather E Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I have watched the new host Egypt and the new season and she just doesn’t have the knowledge and spark of Sandra and the show is very flat. Egypt was not a good choice and I will not continue to watch.

127. Anne Says:
    May 8th, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I miss Sandra. I watch the reruns of Property Virgins and have watched a couple of the new ones with Egypt. I would love to have Sandra back but if not, another host, as I don’t care for Egypt and am not interested in watching PV any longer.

128. Marcie Says:
    May 9th, 2012 at 7:32 pm

No I won’t watch it anymore. It’s boring without Sandra. Her personality made the show fun.

129. robert sprague Says:
    May 14th, 2012 at 9:56 pm

tryed watching the new season just not the same with out sandra dont think i will be watching.

130. ron Says:
    May 26th, 2012 at 9:02 pm

the new show , i gave it a try ,,its not the same,,sorry but sandra has the key for the success, i will not be watching anymore,,the new girl does not have the spark ,,too bad i watched every show , even repeats ,,

131. Alexa Says:
    June 5th, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Don’t know why they choose Egypt to replace Sandra. She’s such an odd choice. There’s nothing really attractive about her and she’s so boring.

132. Gene Holcomb Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 10:39 am

Sandra was great. I wish her well and will look for her new show. I have lost any interest in Property Virgins

133. Gia Says:
    June 17th, 2012 at 3:02 pm

I really like Sandra but have watched the shows with Egypt and I like her too. They both have their own style but both use similar methods and have the same common sense. Someone commented that she is loud and brash. Can’t disagree more. She seems very pleasant and likeable. I would like to also see Sandra’s new show and wish Egypt the best of luck.

134. Sharon Says:
    June 18th, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Really miss Sandra but am watching every rerun available that she’s on. I’ve learned more about house hunting watching her than anyone else!!! I wish her well & hope that I can get her new show when it comes on. I really don’t care for Egypt & don’t enjoy the the show now. Good luck Sandra!!!

135. Dave Says:
    July 3rd, 2012 at 11:52 am

Egypt stinks. I won’t watch Property Virgins without Sandra Rinomato. Sandra always seems like she’s in it to help the first-time homebuyer. Egypt just wants the exposure in front of a camera. I think she’s a self-important bore.

136. jan stacy Says:
    July 12th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I really miss sandra – don’t care for the new lady. But – I really wonder why Sandra left without any warning – was she ill? Wonder why the folks at HGTV haven’ commented about her absence.

137. KA Says:
    August 7th, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I gave the new shows with host, Egypt, a fair try but the show just isn’t the same without Sandra. I really wish Sandra would come back to Property Virgins.

138. Rick Says:
    September 5th, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I have watched several episodes. I actually think the show is about the same as House Hunters. It needs something to make it more interesting and different. I am in the minority in that I was not a big fan of Sandra. I felt she was a scheister. In almost every episode there was either at least one other buyer who the buyers were competing with or their offer was”laughed at” by the sellers who would only accept a much higher price. It was the very rare occasion where a buyer actually purchased the home for the price they offered.

139. Kelly Says:
    October 8th, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Sorry to hear that Sandra is gone. I watched a few new episodes but was not convinced. I’m choosing not to watch anymore. The show worked with Sandra.

140. nathan Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 8:14 am

I dint think that the show will be a hit without Sandra. I hope we get to see her new show in Washington state, if not I guess we will be watching reruns of Property virgins. Sandra gave us a lot of knowlege from the show. she will be missed.

141. Sandra Says:
    December 16th, 2012 at 12:37 am

Sandra is a horrible realtor and even worse in front of the camera. Sandra generated a groundswell of bad
    Reviews from thousands of outraged people who thought she was hideous to watch.
    Thousands of blogs were created all over the United States bringing to light her bully approach, out-right lies and manipulative sales tactics.
    I’m so glad they fired her.
    Most people don’t know this but she was rejected for this show two times and it was only because of some arm twisting and other let’s just call them special favors that the producers against their better judgment folder under the pressure.
    Sandra didn’t quit, she was run off.

142. Alisha Says:
    January 5th, 2013 at 10:42 am

I always enjoy reading the comments because instead of wishing all parties luck you act like true Americans and whine and complain. It’s a show neither is your friend. Sandra and Egypt are from two totally different places. Stop being so negative and pessimistic. Give others the respect you would want if you were in a new position.

143. nancy Says:
    March 15th, 2013 at 1:41 pm

While Egypt is good – Sandra IS Property Virgins. show was good not so much because of format but because of personality.

144. Donna Says:
    April 30th, 2013 at 10:49 am

WHAT a breathe of fresh air!! I’m watching reruns of P-Virgins w/Sandra Rinomato• We have been so bummed since Sandra left P-Virgins & our home• We TRIED to stomach Egypt Sharrod, but she is so obnoxiously phoney and has NO clue about selling homes. We’re thankful for reruns because HGTV (&DIY also) keeps putting on these new shows that have too much drama! PLEASE HGTV…Air Sandra’s new show please???

145. Cheryl Says:
    May 31st, 2013 at 7:19 am

I have watched the new property virgins several times and if I hear Egypt say “who much do you think this property goes for one more time I will die. Her English is terrible and her knowledge seems to be lacking in real estate. For me to watch property virgins again I will have to see a new host. Good luck Sandra!

146. Mimi Says:
    July 7th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I too was very disappointed that Sandra was not the hostess of Property Virgins this year. I find the new hostess very offensive, voice, inadequate command of the English language and lack of empathy for the customer. I was an avid fan while Sandra was the hostess but seldom watch anymore. I know HGTV can find someone more appropriate and less grating and caustic. Sandra is very professional and knowledgeable. If you can’t get Sandra to come back, please replace Ms Sherrod. Will you be picking up Sandra’s Buy Herself show on your network?

147. Christine McDow Says:
    July 7th, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I have asked several people at HGTV about Buy Herself which is aired on HGTV Canada, but not in the USA. The answer is always the same, “Not at this time.” I agree with you! They need to air it!

148. Karen Campbell Says:
    July 13th, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I love Property Virgins. I liked Sandra and I like Egypt. It seems to be working to the majority of viewers – it’s still on the air! Good luck to Sandra in her future endeavors and to Egypt on her many successful endeavors!

149. BJ Says:
    July 23rd, 2013 at 5:30 pm

A bunch of haters maybe? Give her another chance!

150. Stacey Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 9:23 am

Are you people all on crack? Egypt is sooooo much better than Sandra who was frumpy, unpolished and had absolutely no camera presence whatsoever. She never came accross as knowing any more than the average realtor. I rarley tuned in as it was painful to watch her, but did so occasionally because the concept of the show was interesting.

Egypt is dynamic & knowledgable – you get the sense that she fights for the best deal for her clients. Her outgoing personality and excellent sense of style added into the mix, make this new version of the show a home run. If I were a prospective client, I would want someone like her on MY side. I will not miss an episode with Egypt at the helm!

Kudos to you, HGTV!

151. Billy Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:21 am

I love the show I like Sandra hate to see her go but Egypt is doing a Wonderful job!!

152. Keona Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I think Egypt is doing a great job. Truth be told, there’s nothing wrong with her hosting skills, voice or her English language. She’s probably just too “black” for most of the white people who watch the show so instead of admitting that truth, they will just cover it up with these comments and say she’s inadequate. Anyway great job Egypt, you got my vote.

153. Betty D. Says:
    September 3rd, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Really need to air Sandra’s new show in the U.S. Egypt is OK, but very grating voice

154. Racquel. Says:
    September 20th, 2013 at 5:38 am

I love Egypt. Sandra chose to leave. Obviously the network has faith in Egypt to give her the job. Give her a chance. She has a great personality and she is experienced and well qualified. Great job Egypt. I love the show and will continue watching. Change can be good people.

155. Jojo Says:
    October 8th, 2013 at 5:49 am

Egypt is great!!! She is fun, vibrant and very knowledgeable. Luv her!

156. Bobbie Says:
    November 10th, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Sure, Sandra was great, but Egypt is also an expert & equally qualified. There is usually always a bias when one has become FAMILIAR with a certain personality. I love Egypt also & she is long on patience. To tell you the truth, with some of those picky, ‘can’t make up their minds’ buyers, I would have told em off a long time ago.

157. rosemary reed Says:
    November 11th, 2013 at 6:49 am

Egypt is most unprofessional. If she has a “dresser” that person should be fired immediately. Either she should lose 50 pounds or get three more yards of fabric for each outfit.

158. Blanca Says:
    December 29th, 2013 at 7:40 am

Sandra quit….Egypt rocks!! Get over it…
    Bunch of haters, who cares if you don’t watch!!

159. Maria Says:
    February 3rd, 2014 at 10:41 am

Won’t watch it without Sandra. She is the show.

160. Patricia Says:
    February 13th, 2014 at 9:51 am

Egypt is okay on the show but Sandra will be missed. I wish Egypt and Sandra the best!

161. Andrea Says:
    April 15th, 2014 at 8:30 pm

I love Egypt! All the other pessimists were just upset to see Sandra go. We are bratty Americans who stomp our feet when we don’t get what we want. Egypt is beautiful, sweet, and knowledgeable. I liked Sandra,but I won’t miss her car salesman- like ways. She made the price of renovating ridiculously low to make the house more appealing.

Comments