Paula Deen Has Type 2 Diabetes?

January 14, 2012 07:56 AM by Megan Thompson

Paula Deen, guest judge on Food Network Star, is known for her down-home cooking and using lots of butter in her recipes.  But now the buzz is that the Food Network chef will reveal she has type 2 diabetes.  Keep reading to find out the latest scoop on Paula Deen.

Who doesn’t love Paula Deen?  Paula’s southern accent, southern cooking and hospitality have made her a superstar in the cooking world.  You can find Paula’s name on recipes, shows, movies and even furniture lines. It’s no secret that Paula was a single mom that found success by starting a small brown-bag lunch business with only $200.  But now has her unhealthy cooking, which made her famous, caught up with her?  Since Type 2 diabetes is usually brought on due to obesity and a high cholesterol diet.

Fans of Paula Deen can tune in Tuesday, January 17th, to the Today show to find out.  It’s rumored that Paula will sit down with Al Roker for an exclusive interview about all the buzz about her health.

The southern chef hasn’t fed much into the rumors, but is tweeting about a healthier lifestyle.  Paula is working out and recently tweeted, “They say Southern girls don’t sweat, but honey I’m willing to argue that after my workout today!”  She even included a picture of herself on the treadmill.  Plus, her son Bobby has been making the talk show circuit promoting his new show “Not My Mama’s Meals.”  Bobby is taking Paula’s high caloric meals and cutting out the fat.

Will you tune in to the Today show to find out what Paula Deen has to say about all the diabetes rumors?   Let us know if you are a fan of Paula Deen, leave a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Next Food Network Star.

Photo Credit: Food Network

Topics: Food Network Reality TV Shows, The Next Food Network Star |

16 Responses to “Paula Deen Has Type 2 Diabetes?”

1. Cheryl Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 8:08 am

I live in Savannah and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Miss Paula’s delicious cooking, especially her butter cake but, y’all, her accent gets thicker every year.
    Miss Paula is a darling woman but she also knows that y’all love the southern accent and she gets more southern all the time.

2. Jennifer Bacon Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 8:14 am

Oh for Heaven´s Sake! Is this all people can find to talk about?! After everything else she has had to go through in her life, I´m sure diabetes is just another thing she will fight like hell to overcome! I´m actually surprised. Usually, as long as you are pretty in this society it doesn´t matter if you´re sick. I bet if she was sticking her finger down her throat and having ¨work¨ done on a regular basis there wouldn´t be a story to write. She´s 65 years old y´all. Maybe some changes in lifestyle are necessary for this next stage in her life but I bet there aren´t many.

3. Joanna Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 8:37 am

She will have to change her diet, maybe not her cooking show meals, but definitely her eating habits.

4. Sandra Goddard Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 8:59 am

Paula has conquered every challenge that has been put in front of her. If she has type II diabetes she will change what needs to be changed in her cooking and her day to day activities and as she makes changes she will share it with others just like she has shared her cooking, and her special personality which is GEORGIA trait. Best of luck Paula!

5. Michelle Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 9:00 am

I am a fan of Paula Deen and hope that she will take this opportunity to promote healthy eating. I wish her well in her fight, she is definitely not alone.

6. Anna Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 9:02 am

I urge Paula to get the filmmaker’s Specialized diabetes diet and do not take the medications

The Anti Obesity drug makers and diabetes drug makers take in 10 billion$$$$ every year with no cure!!

Food Chemicals are the cause of the diabetes and obesity crisis The FDA and Drug makers know this and are laughing to the Billionaire$$$ bank

The food chemicals break the gut(insulin) and this is the cause of the diabetes and obesity crisis A filmmaker has been reversing diabetes and Obesity WITHOUT MEDICATIONS in now 10 countries and the drug makers do not promote the story

just google SPIRIT HAPPY DIET

7. Clare MacLen Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 9:05 am

I have never liked Paula Deen! Her southern accent is so phony and her FOOD!!!!! Nothing short of trying to kill (by over doing all the things that are bad) us.

8. Caitlyn Z Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 9:13 am

I’ve always admired miss Paula, having two small boys myself and wanting to make the best life for them. I love her cooking, but it’s bound to catch up to a person one day! Sorry Miss Paula!

9. Phyllis Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 9:15 am

I’m surprised its taken this long to get Type 2 diabetes as she’s lived a very unhealthy lifestyle for her entire adult life. I’ll be interested to hear what she has to say on the subject.

10. Carol Moll Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 9:46 am

I think Paula Deen is awesome and the sweetest southern cook, recently went to Savannah, Georgia just to go to LADY AND SONS to eat, and was not disapointed with lthe place, also bought a pink cap from paulas store, I love her and her sons, they are all great, and her husband Michael. Love Carol Moll

11. Barbara C. Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 10:40 am

Claire in the previous comment that Paula has a phony southern accent is probably a phoney herself, Paula seems very sincere in all that she does. I admire her for all she has been thru, I know that she will defeat this,just as she has defeated all of the other obstacles. Power To Paula

12. Jim Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 10:58 am

Maybe now she will stop saying YALL all the time grosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

13. ellie jennings Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 11:01 am

as you get old you will end up with something.

14. Michele Kouzis Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 11:13 am

Paula Deen is a beautiful vivacious woman. I watch her shows when I am able. Paula is probably around my age and I too have Type 2 diabetes. My Dad age 94, also has Type 2 diabetes since he was age 40. Love Paula’s dishes, but must admit that I trade the butter for a more healthy substitute that tastes like butter. My son-in-law met Paula at an Airport and she was very gracious and took a picture with him Wishing Paula health and Blessings. Best wishes. Michele

15. nancy Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 11:17 am

This comes as absolutely no surprise to me!!! Her recipes are the epitome of unhealthy eating and she practically gloats about the amount of butter she adds to them while each year she gets bigger and bigger. About time to wake up and shape up!!!

16. Carol Phillips Says:
    January 14th, 2012 at 11:34 am

What else is she going to do to make money off of. Who could not see this coming? She needs to start thinking about enjoying what she has instead
    of how much more money she csn get. Enough of this woman and her fake family.

Comments