The Bachelor’s Courtney Robertson: Evil Or Editing?

January 24, 2012 07:33 AM by Megan Thompson

The Bachelor aired last night on ABC and it was another evening of roses and catfights. As the group of ladies gets smaller, tensions rise among the group.  Ben seems to be focusing his attention on a few girls, especially the model Courtney Robertson.  Keep reading and let us know if you think they are purposely editing Courtney to look like the bad girl?

Last night Ben Flajnik gave Courtney Robertson a rose on the group date and it shocked the girls.  Courtney is definitely the outcast among the ladies, so they were hoping Ben would notice on the group fishing date.  “These girls need to step up their game,” Courtney tells the cameras.  There is no doubt Courtney knows how to attract a man and she is playing the game well.

The real drama came when another girl, Emily, was sick and tired of Courtney’s attitude.  Emily wanted to warn Ben that she didn’t think Courtney was the same person around him that she was around the girls.  Emily seemed genuinely concerned for Ben’s feelings, but her attempt to warn him backfired on her.  Ben didn’t take Emily’s warning very well telling her, “You’re going to go crazy if you try to read into this. I  have watched this and I have seen it happen. It is probably going to end up being your own demise.” Ouch!  Emily probably didn’t articulate her point very well, she came off judgmental and not caring.  When Courtney learned that Emily talked to Ben, she was less than pleased.  In somewhat of an evil manor Courtney said, “I almost want to rip her head off and verbally assault her, or shave her eyebrows in the middle of the night.  I don’t start fights, I finish them.”

It’s rumored that Courtney Robertson is the girl that receives Ben’s final rose.  So do you think ABC is just editing Courtney as the evil girl to throw everyone off?  Let us know if you think Courtney is the “mean girl”or if it’s just editing.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great The Bachelor news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelor.

Photo Courtesy of ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor |

40 Responses to “The Bachelor’s Courtney Robertson: Evil Or Editing?”

1. smile7 Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 11:21 am

EVIL on so many levels!!!!! I am not sure I am going to even watch it anymore because she is on there! Such a waste of time to watch her play him like she is! It’s flat out sad that he is falling for it and looks like such a fool doing so!

2. CJ Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 11:38 am

I do not like Courtney. She seems phony and self-centered. There are a couple of more down-to-earth women that I feel are much more suited for Ben and they are also more genuine. Courtney is not the one for Ben. She needs to go!!

3. susie brown Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 12:17 pm

wonder what would happen if at the rose ceremony all the other girls refused the rose & left him with just Courtney…game strategy..

4. steff Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Whether it’s editing or not, she’s saying awful things. And there’s been one too many for it to be taken out of context. She’s ugly on every level and I don’t feel bad for him if he couldn’t see that!

I’d be embarrassed if I were Ben and that’s what I got for a finance.

5. gayle Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 1:36 pm

All I know is that if he should choose this VAIN, Self-Absorbed B…. I’m making a pledge to only watch the Bachlorette. At least they actually are there searching for a life-time partner. The Bachelors…ex Jake etc. choose the hot-vixens.
    I only hope Ben will choose with the Brain in his HEAD, not the other.

6. bernice Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Courtney is manipulative and self centered. She is something like Vienna with Jake from the past. I thing Jennifer is lovely and I love her red hair. She is very sweet. I liked her from the start.

7. BRENDA Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I THINK SHE IS A SELF CENETERED THIS SHE SO HOT BITCH. SHE TRIED GETTING CLOSE FISHING BUT IF YOU WATCHED HE SAID HIS MIND WAS ON ANOTHER WOMAN THAT HE WANTED TO KISS.. I FORGET HER NAME…SO THAT SHOWS YOU MAYBE HIS FEELINGS ARE NOT SO STRONG FOR COURTNEY..SHE NEEDS TO GO AND GROW UP COME BACK IN 10 YEARS..

8. ester almojuela Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 3:01 pm

For my own opinion Courtney is not a good person. She thinks she is better than anybody else. She is not the typical daughter in law that you want and surely not an ideal woman to be a wife. She don’t processed the total essence of a beautiful woman which is the inside and outside appearance. She is very toxic to be with.
    On the other hand, this might be scripted, so this is how the director wants her to act.. She is stupid to do it because it ruined her reputation.

9. columbia93 Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I sort of liked her in the first episode but she is coming off a bit differently in the past two… I’ve no doubt she’s a very difficult and high-maintenance girl but, knowing the “Bachelor” people and the way they like to manipulate the show, creative editing is also likely. Courtney is playing a game and is very good at it. Geniune? No. Self-centered, childish, a bit on the wacky side? Definitely. Evil? That’s a pretty strong word for such a silly show.

10. SJT Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

courtney is just plain evil!! what must ben think now after seeing how she truly is? still want to marry her….

11. Patricia Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

this is truly a case of “love is blind”, she is not competing for love but simply to be the best as she continuously repeats, winning, winning. I think if she is his final choice, he will regret it.

12. Pat Forno Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 3:53 pm

this is a true case of love is blind. She is not there competing for love but rather to win as she continuously repeats it, winning… winning… If he does choose her at the end of this process, he will realize he has wasted his time and could have been brewing some good wine. No whining after this Ben…

13. Laura Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Because of Courtney, I am no longer interested in watching the show. She is playing Ben with everything she has, and next week they go skinny-dipping, which is a huge disappointment to me. I think that crosses the line, and it shows me that Ben isn’t the nice guy I thought he was. Perhaps they deserve each other. Good riddens!

14. Beth Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I’m not a fan of Courtney either, I don’t think they are editing it, bc you can see it on her face that she thinks she hotter and better than all the other girls. I hope Ben doesn’t pick her, I personally would like to see him with Kaci B.

15. lola Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

JUST PLAIN SKANKY AND NASTY!!! The other girls need to revolt because both Ben and Courtney are disgusting. The other girls should get down on their knees and thank GOD that they don’t get stuck with this loser and Skank and Ben deserve one another. UGH cannot even watch this show anymore!!!

16. carol Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 4:29 pm

She’s EVIL!!!! i really hope Ben won’t choose her as a wife! she’s mean!!!!

17. courtney Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I am that evil and he does offer me the final rose and then I throw it in his stupid face! He is a big Dork!
    Ha Ha Ha Ha

18. tami Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 5:12 pm

i do not like the little tramp courtney,situation reminds me of jake & vienna all over again. ben is sweet, great looking hunk, i can’t understand why he needs to go on such a show anyway. the overly skinny slut is playing him with all the bull….she can get away with because he is to gullible to believe she is a conniving bitch. too bad, he will probably pick her in the end since she will put out for him like she probably has for every other poor sap till someone better comes along. what a waste, there are really some girls there for all the right reasons if one he would think with his big head instead of his little one

19. Tara Munlow Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Loved this program in the past but now I think it is mostly staged and edited…sad but true.

20. getreal Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Courtney is terrible and if I was the other girls similar to the previous comment, I would tell Ben I am leaving if she is someone he is interested in.. He definetly is not worth it and if he really skinny dips with her would walk out on him! He’s not worth it1

21. D Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I believe bachelor series is known for editing to the point of shifting our opinions of the candidates to throw us off. They have done that in the past. She appears to have two personalities, which is causing a stir in the house. Too bad Ben won’t find this out till after the fact. Very sad spoiler to know that she is his final pick. Shame on her for being such a fake to ruin his chances of finding a genuine match.

22. Doug Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Shades of Vienna! Ben is blind. Courtney is a Narcissit and very manipulative. Makes no bones about it. Ben is taken in by superficialities and will probably pick Courtney.

23. Bev Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I agree with Tara. There’s so much scripting that it’s nauseating. But then every season has to do something more dramatic than the last. How far can it go. I’ve had about enough.

24. p yarpat Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I think it would be a shock to her if he gets wise and no rose next time. If he is truelly looking for a lifetime partner he certainly needs to look in another direction. She has a potty mouth and can’t you just see her getting mad at him and using this kind of language. She is so phony,she is so sweet to his face and showing true colors when with girls.Lord help him he will have another broken heart.

25. Francesca Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I can’t stand that bitch. She isn’t even pretty and rude as hell. Where did she come from? After all if she is a model one would never know it. She is sloppy and ungroomed and if she is successful why hasn’t someone caught her yet. If Ben picks her I wish him luck – because until she is gone – I am tuning the Bachelor out.

26. S. ,Alex Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 9:03 pm

If it is just editing….then…the other girls would not hate her so!

27. Elizabeth Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I think she’s evil, but think they are a match in heaven. Ben is a jerk. He has not shown compassion for any emotion someone shares with him, and actually he is intolerant and repulsed by displays of emotion. Can’t stand both of them.

28. aviva Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

she is just plain weird- definitely has social issues.. do i think shes a mean person? no shes prob not but shes definitely socially inept and its totally strange that ben doesnt realize it.. i mean i guess hes too distracted by her looks but honestly i think she has like aspergers or something..she says the weirdest things..winninngggg…oo i can reach my glass the tallest…shes just kooky!

29. TBJoey Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Courtney is mean and evil. If Ben can’t see how evil she is then they deserve each other and a life of misery together. Courtney is not as pretty as she thinks she is and her shallow conceitedness makes her even uglier.

30. button Says:
    January 24th, 2012 at 9:39 pm

if she indeed said these things of her own volition, she is mean-spirited, at least in part. even if editing was in place, there is no kind person who would ever verbalize such things. if she was fed these lines by the production staff, or prompted to “create good tv” . . . that’s a different story. then, shame on production. this is not “reality tv” as advertised, then. it is a concoction for the purpose of entertainment and drama. i say, don’t judge unless you know what is actually happening. use her behavior to learn something about how horrible it comes across to be mean-spirited in real life.

31. Rod Says:
    January 25th, 2012 at 11:04 am

When she gets to Hell Satan better watch his back!

32. KB Says:
    January 25th, 2012 at 11:20 am

Ben’s too busy not thinking with the head with no brain. As for this Courtney hag, she’s just that, a hag and a publicity whore. She’s only in it for screen time and to win it. Much like the new bachelorette, Emily Maynard. Can they get anyone more fake? This show has degraded into a shameful snark fest and really sheds a very negative light on the participants. I watched a few minutes of the last episode and was totally turned off by this Courtney and her “win at any cost” attitude. Won’t be tuning in again for this or fake Emily.

33. te tuna tar tar Says:
    January 25th, 2012 at 5:09 pm

After watching last night I am sure Courtney has Asperger Syndrome… flat effect, clomping way of walking (strange for a model), unusual facial expressions, socially inappropriate… appearing rude, uncaring, and tactless… doesn’t do well in group situations but seems to function okay one on one… and this is what was shown despite editing. Look up Asperger Syndrome and you will see what I mean…

34. Barbara Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 11:23 am

They are all a bunch of pathetic losers.
    Why would a woman with any self respect go on this show and kiss all over a man they just met knowing in 5 minutes he will be kissing all over some other girl he just met. Come on 5 minutes into the show these womwn say they have real feelings for some one they don’t even know.The guy is a freaking horn dog and these women are just candy for him.Only one of these couples have lasted.That should tell you something. WAKE UP women and show a little respect for family if not for yourself.

35. Donnell Says:
    January 30th, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Asperger Syndrome it is for Courtney – Did anyone catch that she’s “a maaaadel.” Really with that weird mouth It’s very difficult to have any respect for what’s his name, when he’s cluelss that he’s being played and very well played by Courtney.

It’s a wonder they don’t all come down with the same cold the way they all share saliva. ?

36. Pili Says:
    January 30th, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Courtney is disgusting!!!!!! Evil!!! That’s what she is…

37. Louise Bland Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Ben, did the wrong thing when he took Courtney up on her naked skinny dipping. Also they spent the night together. Yeah, they ony sleep together???
    Well, he’s out of the game, now.

Others will turn their back on Ben. And rightly so.

38. Amelia Says:
    February 14th, 2012 at 7:03 am

Ben should have said no to the skinny dipping.It makes him look like a slut too.I hate double standards so I’ll say both lack in their morals.I wouldn’t be staying if I was aware of the skinny dipping.I like guys that are modest and have morals.Ben should be concerned about her lack of morals.The show is a sad case where the evil people win.So sad.

39. John Says:
    June 16th, 2012 at 1:35 am

I think Cortney has Aspergers. That’s why she doesn’t get along with the other girl.

40. Allie Says:
    May 12th, 2013 at 1:27 am

I actually didn’t mind her. She exuded the confidence because that’s what she is; she’s a model! She freaking loves herself! She thought she had no competition and that came out in her words and actions. She is in front of a camera with people looking at her all day?? She loves herself, why wouldn’t you though she’s naturally gorgeous (apart from the weird facial expressions lol)
    Ben had her pinned from day one; he was so attracted to her and just wanted to bang her. I wanted to see him with Kacie but she was a little safe, you could tell he needed a challenge and obviously Courtney was just that.

They won’t last, probably the worst couple but her motives are to promote herself and she is only interested in ‘winning’

Manipulative? Try strategic.