January 27, 2012 04:00 PM by Lisa Princ
Pyrotechnic cakes may not have been Megan Hart’s forte on Next Great Baker on TLC, as she failed to impress with hers last week. Despite not making it into the final four, Megan Hart will no longer be in paramedics, as she was offered a new job as a head baker! Read on for more…
Last week on Next Great Baker we watched as both Megan Hart and Melo were eliminated after the pyrotechnic cakes were disastrous. Luckily for Megan Hart, she will no longer be going back to the world of Paramedics though. Megan revealed to TLC after the show, that after suffering in the hospital for a month with pneumonia: “I was offered an amazing opportunity to be THE head baker for Dozen Bake Shop in Pittsburgh. My husband does not wish to go through seeing me ever again exposed to some of the things paramedics are exposed to, so he wants me to do it. Maybe I’ll be Pittsburgh’s very own Cake Boss?”
Megan Hart is thrilled to have gotten this opportunity, and though she said it will be hard to walk away from helping people as a paramedic, she also said: “being a paramedic takes its toll, like most public safety jobs. I no longer want to be a part of someone’s death or the death of someone’s loved one. I want to be there to see people’s faces light up at celebrations and milestones celebrated by CAKE! Talk about opposite ends of the rainbow for me!”
Wow, congratulations to Megan Hart! For more on Megan Hart’s thoughts, check out TLC’s elimination blog, which can be found here. Be sure to check out TLC’s official Next Great Baker site for more information on the season two contestants, and contestant videos. Tune in Monday evening for the season finale on TLC!
Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!
Photos courtesy of TLC