February 08, 2012 11:30 AM by Ashley Lee
Ever since Simon Cowell has decided to clean house at The X Factor by only keeping L.A. Reid and firing both the female judges and the host of the show, Paula Abdul and Steve Jones have expressed their sentiments of the situation while Nicole Scherzinger has remained silent on the matter. The former Pussycat Doll and Dancing With The Stars champion is now speaking out about losing the judging gig on the FOX talent show.
On Access Hollywood, Scherzinger opened up for the first time about her departure from The X Factor.
“What happened? Well, all I know is that I gave 110 percent to that show,” she said. “I know everybody’s talking about it, they’re saying good, bad, they love me or hate me, but the one thing you can’t say is that I didn’t give it my all.
“I had a wonderful experience on the show,” Nicole continued. “I loved being a part of my X Factor family. Nothing could obviously prepare me for everything I had to go through, all the emotions and stuff, but I have no regrets. I’ve always believed in never looking back and just moving forward and I’ve got an amazing year to look forward to.”
The singer seems to be moving on to greener pastures: she is now the new Herbal Essences Global Brand Ambassador, has a role in the anticipated blockbuster, Men in Black 3, and is kicking off her European tour.
“Last year I sang ‘Phantom of the Opera’ for the royal family and for Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, so that reignited me to want to be back in the theater again,” she said. “So I’m gonna get back to theater this year, some more movies and my album [Killer Love] is coming out in the U.S…I’m putting the finishing touches on it.”
Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!
Photo credit: Nikki Nelson / WENN.com