Kim Richards Gets Emotional About Her Addiction Struggle On Reunion Show

February 09, 2012 01:00 PM by Lisa Princ

Bravo‘s Real Housewives of Beverly Hills ended the season without Kim Richards, who recently spent time in rehab to treat her alcohol addiction. On the upcoming reunion show, Kim Richards gets emotional and will share her tale of struggling with the addiction with us. More after the jump!

We may have to wait until February 13 to see the reunion show of The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills, where Kim Richards will talk about her struggles with alcohol addiction, but we have a sneak peek into what we can expect from Kim. According to Life & Style Magazine, Kim Richards will get emotional, telling Andy: “I just didn’t like me anymore. I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror,” adding, “I had so much guilt and shame for my behavior…then I drank to cover the guilt and shame and make it go away. It’s a vicious cycle.”

Kim Richards also reveals that yes, she knows that she has had failed attempts in the past, but assures Andy that she is really trying this time. Meanwhile, Kim’s sister Kyle said: “I know it was difficult for Kim to leave her family and get help. I admire her for having the courage to admit she had a problem and to seek treatment.” We wish her all the best, and can’t wait to see what else she had to say on the reunion show.

Do you think that Kim Richards will finally stay sober? Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Photo Source: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills |

33 Responses to “Kim Richards Gets Emotional About Her Addiction Struggle On Reunion Show”

1. Shieroc Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 2:07 am

All she can do is try. That’s all anyone can do with an addiction. She must just take it one day at a time. Good luck Kim, stay strong, it won’t be easy.

2. David Chase Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 2:38 am

I sincerely hope she can, as it’s very hard to do, when it’s been an integral part of ones’ life for so long. Saying that, it CAN be done, but only if she does the steps, gets a GREAT sponsor, and goes to meetings, whenever she senses a “slide” coming-on. Good luck, Kim….All of us with good hearts are pulling for you!

3. mch8545 Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 5:09 am

Why are people spending ANY TIME on the worthless house wives??? No one cares. Another no-talent reality BOMB.

4. LisaH Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 5:12 am

DUMB QUESTION! Give her some encouragement for pete sake! Will she finally stay sober? It’s addiction. It’s a battle. Kim…we are praying for you, and believe the very thing that made you successful, is what can help. We know it’s not a matter of will power, or you wouldn’t struggle. Whatever “it” is that makes people well, and lay down this poison for good, we hope that you are able to tap into. Love you sweetie!

5. susan preefer Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 6:41 am

Kim Richards has as good of a chance as staying sober as any person struggling with alcoholism or addiction does. It’s a day to day struggle and as we have seen this past weekend, it often can be fatal. I’m pretty sure Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger…. all didn’t wake up in the morning and say to themselves “today, I think I’m going to die”. So instead of taking polls on whether Kim Richards will or will not stay sober “this time”, how about just say a prayer that this time she has the willingness to do so. A Day at a Time Kim. That’s all you have to do.

6. Lolly Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 7:07 am

She was so cute in Hello Larry. It’s a shame that she went down the same path as her D’ffrent Strokes co-stars. Money and fame doesn’t make you a healthy or good person.

7. Vicki LaCoppola Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 7:14 am

I wish her the best of luck. This will be an ongoing battle for her and I hope and pray she can do this. I believe in her because she is such a family person that she will come through this and be better in the long run.
    Best of luck to you Kim@@@:)

8. VICKIE Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 7:16 am

KIM,
    COME BACK.
    YOU’LL BE OK.
    WE’LL MISS YOU.
    LOVE
    VICKIE

9. JacksonT Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 7:47 am

Here’s a thought. Just don’t pick up alcohol and pour it down your throat?

I’m tired of people calling these addictions a “disease”. In my opinion, this is disrespectful to all those out there who have actual diseases like cancer, etc…

My friend has ALS. It’s not a choice… Drinking is…

10. gwendolyn olmsted Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 8:23 am

To Kim: I admired you soooooo much from your Disney days. Now, every time I see or think of you, my jaw drops in disgust, like a little kid dropping his shorts in public and taking a dump in the middle of the grocery store. You’re shit Kim, IN A BAD WAY!

11. Brenda Simmins Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 8:42 am

Booze isn’t all that woman is addicted to. She is a pill popper as well! If she don’t own that she will not recover. She clearly looks like she’s on xanax in every interview!

12. kaen Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 8:52 am

She is addicted to drugs AND alcohol…..went to rehab for drugs….

get well Kim, we are rooting for you! :)

13. Q Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 9:05 am

Worthless drama queen.

14. JonbGood Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 9:12 am

She is going to be the next Whitney Houston, but less famous!

15. Mhohda99 Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 9:12 am

No she will not be able to stay sober. She is a weak person. She will end up like the rest of them DEAD somewhere NO BIG LOSS. I am sick and tired of these people who have everthing and make of mess of their lives.

16. Bob Rob Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 9:35 am

She is just an old bitch–the way she treated Brandi this year was horrible –just grow up- stop drinking-admit you’re and old has been–and be nice to Brandi this year

17. Rachel Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 9:45 am

I only wish she would distance herself from her sister. Her sister behaves as though she is an expert and has the right to impose her beliefs about other’s lives. She doesn’t just do it with her sister she does it to everyone. This suffocating behavior just brings people around her down instead of uplifting them.

Kyle seems to want to impose that things be done her way.

If Kyle REALLY cares about her sister, giver Kim their mother’s house. it is such a small thing.

Think about it, what is more important the house or her sister’s well-being?

Kim, I hope you can get your mother’s house back.

Also I love your spirit. You come across as such a fun and passionate person. You have a lot to offer and deserve to be happy.

18. MDD Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 9:48 am

know 5 people who are & haved tried over the years to defeat their addictions. The only one of the 5 who has remained sober is the person I would have scoffed at for even trying due to the severity & length of addiction. One day at a time is all you can do.

19. mori Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 9:54 am

I remember her from television, wasn’t she an actress? Okay Addiction (be it alcohol or drugs) is a disease, and I commend her for trying to get help and overcome it. Having $ doesn’t make for a happy life. I wish her luck in getting and staying clean and sober.

20. The Professor Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 9:59 am

Maybe Phoebe Figalilly can run an intervention? Just saying!

21. andy bravo Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 10:44 am

Hey, anyone that is brave enough to check themselves into rehab should be commended. it’s not easy to do…..she has nothinhg to lose and everything to gain…..

22. HPH Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 11:31 am

She went to rehab for like a month. What kind of recovery does she expect? She went on vacation is more like the truth. Its all a show folks. I’ll believe its real when she can sit somewhere for at least 6 months.

23. Jennifer Williams Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 11:59 am

What I find interesting is her willingness to admit to her struggles with alcohol but not to what seems to be her obvious issues with either prescription or illicit drugs. I, too, am in recovery and it is amazing how the fear of being labeled a “druggie” keeps people from being completely honest with themselves. I think if she shared her whole truth she could possibly help more people.

That is not to say that that is what her job is. In fact she should only worry about herself. However, so many “celebrities” declare that they finally shared their story in hopes of “helping others”. It’s just a thought.

24. Sean Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I don’t think she will stay sober. Main reason… she is still lying about the symptoms. She is only admitting the convenient truth but dismissing her obvious abuse of drugs. I would bet that she’s taking benzos and who knows what she was snorting in the bathroom. It’s all about being honest. Everyone already knows and she is the only one living in a delusion.

25. rhp Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Personally, I am tired of this woman. With her it is all about ME, ME, ME. A “poor me”, “victim” self-centered kind of person. We all have problems, Kim. Get over yourself.

26. Kate Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I don’t know who this person is but I hope she gets herself straight.

27. Emilyb Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

No, I do not think Kim will stay sober, she has not accepted responsibility for her addiction to alcohol yet. Kim says in her interview with Andy (Bravo) that she will not forgive Brandi for what she said, that Brandi caused her family pain and humiliation. KIM, caused her family the pain, worry, humiliation and yes, anger that they felt; not Brandi. They may all want to blame Brandi because it is easier to blame someone outside the family then to “blame” Kim. Ultimately there is no blame to go around, Kim has an illness. Finally, Kim’s family and friends knew she was out of control and did not want to address it, they were wrong to even let her be seen on camera and to turn a blind eye to her addiction!

28. Dan Duffy Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Kims perscription drug use should be addressed, the alcohol yes, but the drugs she takes at 2 pm everyday for depression along with alcohol is the equation to her problem. Lets hear her come out and reveal that. I lived with her in Indian Wells I know her all to well. She is still the same!

29. Rick Lines Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 1:20 pm

No matter how much money you have or how much fame you have achieved, we are all human. Poor or rich, famous or not, we all struggle. It doesn’t go away when you have a mansion, nice car, or money in the bank. In some ways it’s worse.

As for Kim, I have watched the show and all I can say is that she is not someone I care for.
    She has many personality problems that cannot be all explained away by an addiction. She’s not a nice person or an honest person in my opinion.

30. Kim D Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I think she can do it, she needs to get real first, if alcohol was all she did, I’ll eat her shoe. Alcoholics do not run to the restroom every few minutes. Coke heads hide. I dont think Brandy was right with the meth. Coke. Defninitely. Coke. Coming from a recovered addict – drinking to take the edge off alcoholic yes, that I believe. She can do it! Maybe it all being so public is just what she needs to stay true to her commitment to sobriety.

31. lindeej Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

“Poor Kim”, give me a break. She is a nasty, spiteful, no-class person. The way she behaved all season was dispicable. She took her problems out on everyone else on the show, and the way she treated Brandy was contemptable. All the while she was acting so superior, she should have been looking at herself and her awful behavior. I have absolutely no pity or respect for her, and would rather not see her face and nasty personality next season.

32. mercymercymercy Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Um, 1 – i hope she is kicking her DRUG habit too!
    2 – i hope she ditched that druggie/junkie boyfriend of hers.
    3 – she’s the flakiest out of all the flakes – just add milk and you have another overrated cereal production.

33. Eddie Says:
    February 13th, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I hope she gets better. She was my second celebrity crush (after Olivia Hussy).

Comments