Ghost Hunters Shocker: Grant Wilson Quits!

February 15, 2012 10:53 PM by Ryan Haidet

Tears flowed on Wednesday night’s episode of Ghost Hunters as Grant Wilson announced he is quitting!  If you’re a fan of the show, this news likely came as a major shock because Grant has been an integral part of the TAPS team for years.  How did it all go down and what is the reason he’s leaving?  Read on to find out!

The episode, which featured two different investigations, started with Steve filling in for Grant as he took care of some “personal business.”  Grant came in for the second half of the show as the team investigated paranormal activity at a family home.  By the end of that investigation, Jason and Grant asked the entire team to meet up so they could discuss some “private stuff.”

Here’s how Grant delivered his decision to Amy, Adam, Steve, Tango and Britt with Jason by his side.  “Eight years has put stress on us in various ways and over the course of a while.  Jay and I have been talking, and it’s been a very difficult decision to make, (pause) but I’m going to be leaving Ghost Hunters.  So it’s just time for me to back off, step aside and uh (fights back tears).  No one has done anything wrong to push me there by any means.  It’s a tough decision to make, but it’s not the end.  It’s not goodbye, still have a few more cases that I’ll be working with you and I appreciate the support.”

They all exchanged hugs and wiped tears from their faces as they soaked in the shocking decision.  Personally, I’m actually quite unclear as to what Grant’s actual reasons are for leaving Ghost Hunters.  I know he mentioned stress, but what was causing it?  Were Jason and Grant not getting along?  Was there a problem with filming schedules?  Is something bigger happening in his personal life?  What’s the real story here?

Within minutes of the episode ending, fans turned to Facebook to express their sadness while wishing Grant the best.  One thing is certain, it will be odd watching the show without hearing Grant’s infamous line whenever something spooky happened: “What the frig?!?!”

Grant’s final investigations will air on SyFy when Ghost Hunters returns with new episodes this April.

What is your reaction to this news?  Were you surprised by Grant’s decision to quit?  Did you shed a tear?  Do you think the show will feel the same without him?  Do you think Steve will be promoted to Grant’s post as Jason’s right-hand man?  Do you think Grant will still be involved in the live Halloween specials?  What is your favorite memory of Grant on the show?  Sound off and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! For other great reality television news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot.

For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!

Photos courtesy of SyFy.

Topics: Ghost Hunters, SCI-FI Reality TV Shows |

89 Responses to “Ghost Hunters Shocker: Grant Wilson Quits!”

1. Mari T Says:
    February 15th, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I think Jason’s daughter will become a regular. I am not sure Grant’s leaving is due to stress.

2. Z.Goth Says:
    February 15th, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Meet up to discuss some “private stuff” in front of the cameras and thousands of viewers. Drama…gotta love it.

3. Jacki Handt Says:
    February 15th, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I am so sad Grant is leaving the show, he will be greatly missed. Either Jason or Grant not being there would be hard to take. They have been friends for a very long time, and their friendship, and comradery is very obvious. One of the things I love the most about the show, along with their integrity. I am so hooked on all the series, GH, and GHI, never miss an episode. I love all of the team memebers. I wish the show continued success. Grant, I wish you and your family the very best.

4. Laura La Fleur Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 12:31 am

Well, I’m a bit relieved actually, because I was afraid someone was terribly ill and was going to have to leave due to major, even possibly fatal, health issues. Of course, that may remain to be seen. Stress can cause, and exacerbate, so many things! I actually had fallen asleep on my sofa while watching the show and missed the announcement; so I Yahoo’d to find out what had happened and here I am. This is the first place I came, and found out just what the big news was. Cry? I probably would have, just watching all of them cry. But then, life is all about changes, and being in my 50′s I’ve learned to roll with the proverbial punches. Thanks for the informative article.

5. Karmen Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 12:39 am

I want to know why the frig he is leaving. Yeah, I was tearing a little. I think they have a great crew, but it won’t be the same without Grant. If you can come back, please do man!

6. Hawesome really sucks Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 12:53 am

You know what I think something about this entire thing stinks. Jason big head hawes didn t seem very upset over the so called announcement. Which makes me wonder if he isnt to blame in effort to make way for Haley. However, if you even dream of replacing Grant with your daughter I’ll never be able to respect a word you say again. And that being said, I will never contribute to your shows ratings again by being a viewer. I hope enough fans suppoelrt this post. You do not control us Hawes. We control the ratings! Therefore, we are always in control! Furthermore we already have seen your elitest attitude in full force with other former members. So i bet just like any other corrupt Business Grant was asked to step down. Whats that you say? Im blowing this entire thing wide open! Your right i am. I bet those big wigs at SyFy helped you do it. Well knowledge is power, and now everyone knows the truth. Evil is not the only force still on the move in this world. So prepare to be moved to Friday nights where tv goes to die.

7. I Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 3:14 am

The show hasn’t been in top form for a little while now. Without Grant, it’s going to be tough to continue watching much longer.

Good Luck Grant in whatever is next for you!

8. DS Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 4:32 am

I’ve noticed over all the episodes in this season that Grant has become increasingly tired-looking – like something VERY heavy has been weighing on him. If you’ll notice, the ever-present wedding ring he always wore has been absent. I think he and Reanna are having major problems. Bless them both. While this is very sad for friends and fans, you’ve got prioritize the important things in your life and sometimes make difficult choices. That’s apparently what Grant had to do. While he will be missed, I highly respect him for what he’s doing. He’s a good man.

9. Stefani Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 4:54 am

Grant was not wearing his wedding ring during last night’s show. He has always worn his ring in the past. He’s wearing it in the above picture as well. Last night there was no wedding ring. Perhaps that may be part of the personal stuff he has going on. Sad. I will miss seeing him.

10. Ed Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 5:12 am

Grant is a founding member of T.A.P.S. and will be missed! Clearly the reason is personal and should be left alone. Family is important and Grant is clearly a family man. I wish him all the luck in the world with his decision.

Not seeing him on the show will be strange at first, but things will go on. It would be wonderful seeing him again on the Halloween special and during other key investigations. His personality blended perfectly with Jason’s, making the show very watchable.

He will be missed.

11. Jan Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 5:42 am

Anyone notice Grant NOT wearing his WIDE wedding band?

12. GH Fan Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 6:18 am

Too bad he’s leaving. I’ve been watching since the first season. He and Jason make a great team. One thing I did notice after his announcement is that he is no longer wearing his wedding ring. You can see him wearing it in the pics above. Wonder if this was a factor in his leaving the show.

13. deborah Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 6:21 am

I’m sad Grant is leaving the show, as I’ve loved the interaction between him and Jason during investigations. I just hope this doesn’t effect the show’s future. I hope the series will return for a ninth season.

14. Tom Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 6:37 am

I’m going to miss Grant on the show. It’s a bummer. He’s the NICE one. The voice of reason AND the “what the frig’ guy. Personally, I think this is the begining of the end for the show. I believe it won’t be long before Jason hits the bricks. I know it’s his baby…but they have both hinted around about pulling the plug in the past. If Jason leaves, I don’t think the show could stay on. As much as I like the other hunters, Jason & Grant give the show its’ credibility.
    You’ll be miss Grant. Hope whatever it is that’s causeing you to make this decision will work out wonderfully for you.

15. Pj Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 7:21 am

I noticed in the past few episodes that Grant was no
    Longer wearing his wedding ring!!! I would guess that may be a clue

16. joe grinstead Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 7:55 am

IM FUCKIN PISSED.

17. Jan Alverson Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 8:28 am

I was upset about Grant’s leaving the show, and yes, I shed a tear or 2. I really don’t think it’s anybody on the show that caused a problem; I would bet he is having marriage problems & that is the reason. He & Jason are such a great duo. I watch virtually all of the paranormal shows, but have always felt Ghost Hunters is the very best. I wonder about the Spaulding Inn he & Jason bought together, and also if he is still with Roto-Rooter along with Jason. I hope Steve does get the promotion because he has been with the team the longest

18. Mori Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 8:33 am

Such sad news, I am sorry to see him leave, he and Jason are like brothers. Whatever his reasons I am sure it is what he feels he has to do. I wish Grant Luck in whatever he does from here on out, good health, happiness and long life to Grant and his family, he will be missed.

19. ruff Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 8:38 am

Come on!!

Why is he ditching the show!! He’s giving up all that bread …for what!!

How ’bout some reporting here!!

DO SOME DIGGING PEOPLE

20. Ana Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 8:57 am

I wasn’t aware of Grant’s departure till now and it truly has come as a shock. Lately I’ve converted over to watching Ghost Adventures for over a year now, so I can’t recall the last time I fully saw an episode of Ghost Hunters. But I used to be a huge fan many years back.

I believe that the show will undoubtedly be different because Grant added his own unique kick to the show. He was the sweeter out of the other investigators, and now that he’s leaving I’m not sure what persona the show will incorporate now. Don’t get me wrong, I care for each of the investigators in their own way, but someone like Jason or Steve (who both play a large role in the show – some more than others) both have this tough-guy persona that will just overshadow everyone else, whereas Grant softened things a bit.

Anyway, I wish Grant and the rest of the GH crew all the best in the future. Even though we may not know his reason for leaving as of yet, it is Grant’s business to know, and we should respect it and wish him luck either way. Best of luck Grant Wilson! :)

21. MK Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 9:34 am

Who cares! The show is fake anyway. nuff said.

22. MikeG Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 9:53 am

The show is terrific and Grant, to me, was the center of it all. He wit and expressions will be missed. I hope that he will make guest visits to future shows. It would be great to be able to see him in future episodes. My youngest daughter teared up so he should know that he’ll be missed for certain! Best wishes to a great guy!

23. Tony G. Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 10:17 am

Sorry to hear Grant is leaving. I believe he and Jay are too close for it to be anything between them.They still own the resort together and TAPS is a close knit team. Hope it isn’t anything very seriuos.
    BEST OF LUCK GRANT–HOPE ALL IS WELL.

24. OceanBlue Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 10:33 am

While EVERY “reality” show contains acting and staging of scenes it’s my opinion that of the “paranormal-type” show offerings on various networks GH cast & crew really tried to produce a show that viewers would find more “believable” when compared (for example) to the Travel Channel’s offering (GA). I too am sorry to see Grant’s character leave the show. He developed a down-to-earth, soft-spoken, likeable character that we could all relate to or wanted helping us – one which we believed, really cared about the “clients”. Grant’s character was EXACTLY the kind of guy we would want repairing our toilets. (I’m sure we’ve all called Roto-Router or other plumber at one time or another and were disappointed that the individual stepping out of the van was NOTHING like the character Grant created for us. LOL) As with everything in the magic world of TV, the show must go on . . . Maybe GH will be successful in writing-in a replacement in the style of Ashton Kutcher in Two and a Half Men. Perhaps, as opposed to being another Roto-Router type, the back story on Grant’s replacement could be that of a billionaire who has committed his life & fortune to helping those less fortunate who are troubled by “ghosts” in their life !!!

25. scott Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

To be honest Im sure everyone who watched the show will miss him, but to leave the fans without giving a decent explanation thats a little hard to swallow.

26. maya Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Very sad news! I think it has to do with his wife (he hasn’t been wearing his wedding ring). I’d snap him up in a New York minute – ghosts and all if she doesn’t want him!!! Grant has always said that he got into the business to help others, after his own paranormal experience. I hope that he is making the right decision. I doubt it’s anything to do w/ Jason (they own that inn together).

Steve is great – w/ Tango. Not big on him w/ Jay, especially since his (Steve’s) fear of heights, spiders, and other things (flying) prevents him from giving 100%. Don’t get me wrong, Steve does give all of what he is able to give, but Jason needs someone who will go toe to toe with him as lead investigators. Keep Steve with Tango and put someone else in with Jay. Grant – please rethink this and stay!!!

27. Deah Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I sure am going to miss Grant — seems like a heck of a nice person. I will say I was a bit suspicious quite awhile back that Chris got moved to GHI. It would be pretty hard not to like Grant — hope it had nothing to do with her. Been reading lots of rumors on the forums at Sci-Fi website. Whatever it is I hope it works out for his family — that is what is most important.

28. AJ Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Both men and women watched the program for the intellectual content. The show initially seemed interesting and sober then adding the clad of young women took it down a few notches to a “B movie sci fi plot” going more into the direction of cheesey.

29. Just a Thought Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Just a thought…something I’ve notice for awhile now…Grant has been looking very pale and thinner. Is he suffering an illness or addiction?

30. jf willis Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I’m sure he got sick of Jason’s bossy, bullying personality in all aspects of his life.
    If anyone had to leave, I wish it had been Jason or Steve, who is a know-it-all and will probably be promoted into Grant’s shoes. This show has been removed from my DVR list.

31. Michele Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I have been watching GH since the very first episode, many years ago. Jason, Grant, Steve and Tango have come to feel like “family” to me. Their integrity, compassion, and heart offered something that other TV show could not. That is why I was deeply saddened to hear the news of Grants departure. Whatever he may be dealing with in his personal life, I hope he finds swift resolution and lasting happiness. Thank you Grant for being an inspiration to us all. God Bless.

32. D whitehead Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I am the only who noticed he wasn’t wearing his wedding ring??

33. Martin Burns Says:
    February 16th, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Grant Wilson has probably done more to sway my beliefs toward being a believer than most of the other paranormal researchers on TV, even though I am still somewhat skeptical.

34. Sandra Tucker Says:
    February 17th, 2012 at 10:32 am

I wish Grant was not leaving. He is my favorite Ghost hunter and I will miss him a lot. Good luck Grant in whatever choices you make. Your a special person and your fans love you!!!!!!!!!!

35. MJ Says:
    February 17th, 2012 at 11:17 am

I always thought that Grant looked ‘unwell’. Hope all works out for him, his family and the remaining great crew of Ghost Hunters. My favorite is Steve. He seems very sincere, as does Jason. Good luck!

36. Angie Says:
    February 17th, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Grant is HOT! I will miss him on the show.

37. Elizabeth Says:
    February 17th, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Grant leaving, there goes Ghost Hunters. BUT now get rid of Jason and Steve, bring back Grant with the rest of the super team and you will go to the top. They are the best. Thanks for your terrific smile Grant.

38. Kathy Says:
    February 17th, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I’m not sure why Grant would quit, but I don’t think it has anything to do with Jason’s daughter nor Jason. I could guess that maybe because they are traveling so much that is could be possibly putting a stress on his family life, I noticed he wasn’t wearing his wedding ring in the last episode. I hope I’m wrong, he is a great investigator and the show will not be the same without him. Maybe one day he could return, my hopes anyways. Regardless of why he’s leaving, I wish him nothing but the best, you’ll be missed:(

39. Marty Says:
    February 17th, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Grant said he was leaving for personal reasons. He was not wearing his wedding ring on the final episode, so my guess is he is leaving for, well, personal reasons. I will miss him. Grant is my favorite.

40. Delta Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 6:23 am

Not Rocket science here!

It’s his wife and marriage.

When doing a show like that and seminars your away from home a lot.
    It takes a toll on any relationship.
    Being married with kids makes it even harder.

41. kymom13 Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 7:37 am

I was shocked! It so didn’t surprsie me that Jay didn’t show emotion at the announcement as he hits me as the type of guy who doesn’t show emotion. I’m sure he knew it was coming too. I think with the guys being away from home a lot, doing ghost hunts, there is stress at home and on their marriages. Sad. I hope it all works out well for Grant! He will be missed!!

42. Dr. Hardy Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

The only reason to watch this crap was kris williams new boobs and you know it.

43. littlechip Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I missed the show and couldn’t wait to get home so I could see what we had recorded, unfortunatly that show was erased! I’m so glad no one was ill or there was fighting amoung the hunters. Grant will surely be missed in our household. I am so sad he has decided to leave the show, but wish him and his family all the best in the future. Gook luck Grant!

44. Gadyhen Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:43 am

It is pure folly to speculate why Grant is leaving GH…only a few people know the real reason. And I am sure we will eventually get that story courtesy of the worldwide web when details leak out. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors and, I for one, believe some things are not on a “need-to-know” basis. I will miss Grant. I was shocked and saddened to hear he won’t be on the show anymore. He’s probably the biggest reason I watch the show. “What the frig…?”

45. Wildrat Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:40 pm

The show was a fraud from the beginning. Septic tank divers hunting ghost. They had made in the shade. SYFY has made a mockery of science fiction with their reality shows and some of the worst original movies since Roswell.
    Good riddance. Now get rid of the of the 3rd grade entertainment.

46. Christina lee Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 11:55 pm

I know 1st hand what it’s like to have a husband that works a schedule that’s not fitted for family in any way-and it’s hard-the $$ is super friggin great( not what Grant pulls or even close) BUT- as hard as it is I know I’ll get him back someday and maybe even a beach house in Costa Rica-I’m just saying that I hope Grant’s wife hasn’t given him an ultimatum or separation god forbid divorce-he’s a great guy and I would miss him like crazy as I do my own husband, but it’s all for the greater good of the family & he loves what he does SO IF U LOVE HIM & UR KIDS GET A HOBBY BEEOTCH! luv ya grant!

47. Marie Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I am completely sad and feel this is probably the beginning of the end…. It’s just a matter of time. What personal reasons would make you stop being a part of the #1 Paranormal show on TV? I don’t get it. Don’t leave Grant, Keep the GH family together and strong. Change your mind. I hate it when someone has to screw up a good thing!! We want to know the truth!!! What is really making you leave?

48. Teresa Says:
    March 27th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Rock on brother!! Good luck and god speed with everything you will do in your life now :) Ok people, lets quit digging into the poor man’s life and just let him go do what he has to do next in his life. We need no more answers then what he gave the public on the show! Love ya Grant and you will be missed alot!!!!!

49. Johnny Says:
    March 30th, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Grant Has cancer, thats why he is leaving the show.

50. Ny-Mary Says:
    April 3rd, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Grant,Jason,Steve,Tango are all great. They all make the show. I will miss Grant terriably. The show is strong enough to go on without Grant. The rest of the team is still great to watch.
    Best of luck with your life Grant. Get the chance stop in an visit
    The show.

51. Jo Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 6:33 pm

My hubby travels a lot for work and we have 2 young kids. It is hard. Grant’s travel schedule is even busier. I think he is choosing family over TV. If that is the case, he is a good man!

52. Chris Says:
    April 6th, 2012 at 10:10 am

God damn…. I’m going to kill myself now.

53. DG Says:
    April 11th, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Grant looked so sad. I felt like he had an ultimatum. To choose one or the other. I just feel for his wife. He surely will be sad and anchious for awhile. Hopefully he will be a better man than to hold a grudge if the choices were show or family. It was very clear to me he didn’t want to make the choice he did.

54. connie Says:
    April 11th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I, like everyone else, would like to know the real reason he is leaving. For personal reasons doesn’t tell us anything. We all want him back. We love him on the show. I love him on the show. Usually when something like this happens on a show, it is the end of the show. I sincerely hope it is not the end of the show. This is the only show I look forward to watching every week. It is the only one I keep up with faithfully. Please come back Grant!!!!!!!

55. connie Says:
    April 11th, 2012 at 7:31 pm

P.S. Do you and Jason still have the haunted house/restraunt together?

56. JohnK Says:
    April 12th, 2012 at 11:31 am

I believe Grant is married with children so I assumed he was leaving to spend more time with them. Jason mentioned once that being away was putting some stress on his family as well. I’m kind of surprised that he decided to completely leave though instead of just cutting back on investigations, but maybe he felt that it wasn’t fair to the others to cut back while still being in TAPS. Who knows maybe he’ll be back once he gets things worked out with his family.

57. Sue Says:
    April 18th, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I agree with those who think Grant is leaving because of marital problems. The show isn’t going to last much longer anyway; it has become phony, scripted and over-produced.

58. john adams Says:
    April 26th, 2012 at 8:43 am

jason slept with grants wife. He had to finish his contract or get sued. He has enough problems

59. Beth Says:
    May 1st, 2012 at 6:13 am

I think he could have been asked to leave after he was caught staging some of the paranormal activity. It obviously damaged the integrity of the show. I know it damaged my perspective of the show…and I am a die-hard fan. He could have gotten a nice pay-off to leave so Jason and the others can try to reestablish trust with the audience. But that is just my opinion.

60. Belinda G. Says:
    May 1st, 2012 at 7:43 am

I have noticed that Grant hasn’t looked so well the past couple of seasons. I don’t know if he is sick, stressed and tired, or on drugs, but I have noticed his eyes are always red and tired looking, and he kinda stares off sometimes. I hope he can be well again and come back to GH!

61. Dick Wang Says:
    May 1st, 2012 at 11:23 am

An evil spirit is following Grant and it’s making his life miserable. It’s affecting his marriage and family mentally and physically. An evil entity has attached itsef to Grant and he needs to seek help from a priest or a poltergeist specialist such as Lorrie Warren.

62. Linda White Says:
    May 1st, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Don’t know if I will continue to watch without Grant……..wrong move, wrong time.

63. Rose Garcia Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I read somewhere that Grant will going back to school to study graphic design and spend time with his family. This isn’t too far fetched since he mentioned on the show that he was a web designer previously. Don’t know if I’ll continue watching. Grant is a handsome, charismatic and personable team co-leader An obvious balance to the sometimes rough, distant and rude Jason. I wish him well in all his future endeavors. I will miss you grant

64. Angelo LoCastro Says:
    May 6th, 2012 at 6:37 am

He stopped wearing his wedding ring. Maybe that’s the problem.

65. AL Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Grant , you cannot leave now , this program needs you , if you ask me when is a good time to leave GH ? i will answer you 50 years later ……..

66. Bill Says:
    May 13th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

They can all go away. I never see what they are seeing as the cameras are never focused on anything but all of a sudden whoa did you hear that or whoa did you see that. No I didn’t see it nor did I hear it such phoney baloney. Good bye Grant but be smart and keep your shares in TAPS don’t let the other turd chaser grab your gold. I really wonder how a plumber can become such experts in doing nothing. Good luck

67. Tom Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 11:36 am

Bring back Brian and Andy.

68. Susie Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I am so sad to see you go Grant. It’s almost like you’ve been a part of my family all these years along with the rest of the crew. I’ve been a fan since the first episode. I too am interested in the paranormal, i.e. spirits. My favorite moment of Grant was when you were investigating a house and you were changing the film in a camera and the table you were sitting next to jumped into the air and slammed back down onto the floor. What makes this so memorable, is that it’s the first time I’ve ever heard anyone say, “What the “fedge?”" For me that tops “What the frig” any day! I wish you all the best for your future. Don’t ever forget your days with Ghost Hunters, because “you” will always be remembered.

69. Jason Phillips Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I’m a diehard paranormal investigator and i made sure I’ve watched every episode of ghost hunters. Its allways been my favorite show for years. Jason and especially Grant made the show. Grant had a unique way of investigating and a way of his thoughts on the paranormal world. My favorite ghost hunters episode is when taps did an investigation at FORT DELAWARE in DELAWARE CITY, DELAWARE. In that episode Grant’s jacket got tugged on. I briefly met him as he was departing for the boat to the island. Grant, you will deff be missed on the show. Good luck with your future plans. Keep up the good work even off of the show. -JASON PHILLIPS (from EDGEWOOD, MARYLAND)

70. bob&lisa keeler Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 8:59 am

me and my wife both enjoy watching every paranormal shows out there. our dvr is loaded with episodes in case we miss any, our favorites are ghost hunters and ghost adventures. As for Grant leaving, i believe it must be important or he would just take a little time off. But Grant being off the show would be like Nick leaving Ghost Adventures. They both have great teams and it’s a shame grants got to leave. We’ll still be watching though, so the show must go on like they say in the business. good luck guys, lisa&bob

71. Becca Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I agree it’s sad that Grant is leaving, and leaving a huge hole in the show. However, I don’t think he owes fans an explanation for his departure. Think how tiring it would be if all of YOUR personal issues were broadcast for all to see.
    Take care of yourself and family, and good luck with whatever it is you will pursue next!

72. Ratt Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Yea ok ring thing was pointed out but Here is what you missed in News Article right before he announced He was leaving . The demand on Grants time to be Away is same as others including Jason but Jason’s Kids are older where as Grant has younger kids he pointed out was bit stressful being away all the time .Also Grant and Jason have few business ventures. Grants wife puts lot of time into the Inn (which im sure you all know is in NH) Someone pointed in an interview his wife gave last year she wanted to move to NH to be more involved with the Inn. So them clues may be part of decision

73. Joe Says:
    May 17th, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Grant’s leaving has made me not care if I tune in or miss the show.

74. Danelle Says:
    May 19th, 2012 at 9:31 am

Growing up knowing that there’s something there that you can’t see is tough. Having everyone around you tell you it’s your imagination is worse. Thank you Grant and the entire TAPS team for bringing the paranormal into the mainstream, and making it OK for people like me to be able to share that knowledge and experience without being treated like a nut! You are awesome at what you do, and I wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors. You will be missed for certain!

75. Morgan Says:
    June 9th, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I have nothing to add, really, but the wish that all involved in the show continue to make the best decisions possible, both for themselves and the shows’ viewers. You guys started it all. Thank you Grant and Jason. May you both have great outcomes.

76. Judy Says:
    June 28th, 2012 at 7:32 pm

All I know is….I am so sad that Grant is gone, and would like to know the reason…I, as well as others, have noticed that he looked increasingly tired, but I didn’t notice anything with the wedding ring being gone…I pray and hope that his health is okay and that his marriage is sound. I told myself I wouldn’t watch anymore without him, as Grant is my favorite, but I still will…I am too hooked on the paranormal…best wishes to you Grant…I HOPE everything is okay!

77. Rubik's Cube Says:
    July 18th, 2012 at 6:07 am

So long, you fake sonofabitch.

78. JudyBlueEyes Says:
    August 11th, 2012 at 6:40 pm

That was very sad to hear Grant say he was leaving GH. I was in shock and shed a few tears as he is also my favorite. He seems the most honest. My favorite “Grant” moment was when the entity called his name (if I remember correctly, I think it was some sort of a boys reform school or something like that). God Bless you, Grant. May you be “hugged” by Peace, Love, and Happiness!

79. supergirl1210 Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 4:20 pm

One down now the whole crew needs to go. Better yet the fake show should discontinue. GH is turning into a soap opera. After season 1 I stopped watching the boring show. Grant and the bald headed guy are brainwashing the audience with their trickery. The girls on the show belong on the Jerry Springer show. Tango and Steve giggle like little girls during a ghost investigation. Stupid waste of air time.

80. A Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Do you know what is sad? Grant and Jason are tricking people with their fake investigations. Just look it up on You tube. They have so many people fooled. How ridiculous! What is wrong with people. So easily fooled by this fake show. Wake up people! Grant is leaving because he can’t handle it anymore for getting caught on live TV in 2009 for pretending a ghost tugged his jacket. He had a wire of somekind in his jacket and he sneakily placed his hand in his pocket to pull himself back. It’s so obvious.

81. erik Says:
    September 10th, 2012 at 4:52 am

This is so stupid. Grant quit because he got caught faking things on the show.

82. Lindsey Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Im just sad and shocked, the show definitely will not be the same… It sucks you wont be on here anymore… Best wishes to you

83. Brad Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 12:51 am

The REAL reason is his wife. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Obviously this has caused major stress with his marriage. Jason’s wife tried to get after Jason in one early episode and Jason nipped that in the bud quickly. Grant is too nice. He bowed to his wife’s will. PERIOD. He will be stuck with Rotor Rotor and running their (Jason) Haunted Bed And Breakfast. “Yoko Ono” has broken another group. How sad.

84. Sergio Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 12:24 am

I believe it has to do with a contract that Grant had enough with, and a lawsuit is going on against NBC /Universal…

85. Americo Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Day late, dollar short, but remembering past episodes, I do remember Jason and Grant having a somewhat heated conversation, where Jason and Grant got a call to investigate someplace, at the last minute. The conversation consisted of the stress and problems arising with family. Grant especially, if memory serves me right, was most adamant about not wanting to be away from his family so much.

86. Qwerty Says:
    August 17th, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Ga rules gh drools
    As bad as gh is right now @ least I got ga to go on.

87. thor Says:
    March 3rd, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I think Grant made the show as he was an honest and sincere man with no strings. He made the true victims of hauntings feel comfortable and at ease as did Jason but with more compassion. You have to keep in mind that these men were effected and perhaps traumatized by the supernatural at a younger age that most can only imagine. May God bless you Grant and continue to guide you.

88. rach Says:
    March 13th, 2014 at 4:24 pm

He is missed but his family is more important and if his wife was not behind him unless he left he made the correct choice. Selfishly he will be missed.

89. Rick Says:
    May 6th, 2014 at 1:42 am

Don’t know if you will ever read this but your cool common sense and equilibrium and obvious empathy for the human condition will be something I will miss
    I wish you well and hope you continue to take strength from your friends
    Your face has lately had a sad shadow and I feel for you but whatever is going on be reassured everything is as it should be at this moment in time
    Take care rick