The Bachelor’s Emily O’Brien Is ‘Relieved’ To Be Away From Ben Flajnik

February 17, 2012 01:00 PM by Lisa Princ

This week on ABC‘s The Bachelor, we watched as Ben Flajnik sent Emily O’Brien home, despite having a great date with the blonde beauty. Whether it was due to her trying to warn Ben about Courtney Robertson, or not, Emily O’Brien revealed that she is relieved to be away from Ben Flajnik and the drama! Read on for more of Emily’s thoughts.

While Emily O’Brien’s elimination this week on The Bachelor came as a shock to some of us, Emily spoke in a press conference after the show, where she revealed that she is actually relieved to be away from Ben and the drama. Why? According to Emily O’Brien: “The most bothersome thing is this double standard in terms of speaking with Ben. He asked for openness and honesty and that’s the only reason I trusted him to talk about Courtney. I think it would have been a mistake to bring him home knowing what I know now. He is not the type of guy that I would want to bring home to my family. So, I’m relieved.”

And when asked about Courtney Robertson, Emily O’Brien replied with: “It’s sad that she had a hard time and that she’s having a hard time now with all the fall out. But I’d encourage her to take this as a lesson. If you want people to like you, you have to change your attitude and be nice.” Somehow, we doubt Courtney will take the lesson, as she appears to not give a hoot what anyone thinks of her, as long as she wins.

Emily O’Brien wishes that Ben would have supported her a bit more, when it came down to Courtney’s drama, but in the end she is fine with it all, and hopes that she will find an encouraging, and supportive man in the future – one that cares about her feelings, unlike Ben. Who would you like to see win Ben’s heart? Share your thoughts by commenting below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great The Bachelor news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelor.

Photo Courtesy of ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor |

10 Responses to “The Bachelor’s Emily O’Brien Is ‘Relieved’ To Be Away From Ben Flajnik”

1. donna s Says:
    February 17th, 2012 at 7:22 pm

emily should be the next bachelorette or maybe cassie

2. RT Says:
    February 17th, 2012 at 11:49 pm

She says she’s relieved to be away from Ben ?? More like she’s humiliated for being dumped.

3. RT Says:
    February 17th, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Come on folks, he dumped her. She’s not relieved… she’s humiliated and angry.

4. Lori Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Courtney is a skank! She deserves what she gets
    from Ben in the future.
    Neither one of them have ethics. Going skinny dipping with that slut showed me what kind of a
    guy Ben is. I am sick of the show allowing this
    kind of stuff to go on, without warning the girls who have given precious time in their life to try to find happiness. Somebody in the crew should have told the other ladies what was going on behind the scenes (in the water). I did not watch the latest episode because I am so disgusted.

5. john brown Says:
    February 19th, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I’m glad Emily didn’t wind up with Ben – she’s far too good for him. I think in the end he was intimidated by her intelligence.
    Stupid men don’t want brainy women, they want someone shallow like Courtney. I hope he chooses her – and that she dumps him a week later!

6. linda Says:
    February 19th, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I think that if Courtney loses she should be the next bachelorette! and see what happens to HER then!

7. Eliza Says:
    February 19th, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I love her, and I’m so glad she’s honest yet classy in this interview. She should be the new Bachelorette, not the old Emily from Brad’s season:(

8. MA Says:
    February 21st, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Emily and Kacie should be relieved that they were protected from Ben. Someday Kacie will thank her parents for sticking to their values. There is a saying: ‘why buy the cow when the milk is free’. Girls these days give their all to guys and wonder why there is no marriage proposal. Why? Well, ‘why buy the cow when the milk is free’. Come on girls wake up and don’t give everything to guys. They are just using you! Wait for marriage!!!! Make THE MEN commit!!!!
    Ben and Courtney deserve each other – both are narcissists and dysfunctional. It is being reported that Courtney has had the hardest time of her life. Yes, I am sure it is difficult for her. She is now realizing that all of her manipulating, scheming and lying were recorded on video for all America to see. There cannot be any touch ups on what came out of her mouth and ultimately her heart.
    As far as excuses go for Courtney’s nasty tongue. Her cruel words and lies just revealed a depraved character – that she will do whatever she has to do to win. Life to her is apparently just about her-winning. I’m sure Ben will find this out very soon. She is attractive outside because of her makeup which covers her facial flaws. Unfortunately there is no cover for her character flaws. Courtney is at best a spoiled narcissist. What comes out of our mouths when we are shaken is what was in us to start out with.
    Hmmmm, she said something about never forgiving anyone who hurts her. Maybe she needs to take some of her own medicine now? Knowing the other girls though I am sure they will not be like Courtney. They will most likely take the higher road. I’m so relieved that Ben got Courtney and the other girls are safe!

9. LK Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Wow Kacie will be so Thankful in time to come that she was sent home. She needs to be the next Bachelorette and bring this show back to a Season worth Watching.
    This has been The Worst Season Ever!!!! Ben is so deserving of the Spider that has woven her way into his Web. That’s the only good outcome of this season Ben & Courtney are two of kind. Well hopefully he keeps his black widow………..
    As for the Bachelor they shouldn’t even make the girls come back for a Bachelor Tells All Episode.
    REALLY Who wants to Watch a Episode of the Ben & Courtney Journey?????
    How disquesting is that!!!!! Save the shows ratings and don’t air it.

10. AN Says:
    March 8th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I’m all for Emily being the next Bachelorette! She would just bring so much views to the show with her wits, beauty, and keen sense of judgement, what else can you ask for? Shes the total package, the IDEAL Bachelorette! All my friends who watches this show agrees with Emily as the next Bachelorette!

Comments