The Biggest Loser Cassandra Sturos Exclusive Blog: Week Seven

February 21, 2012 11:07 AM by Cassandra Sturos

As we approach week eight on The Biggest Loser, the drama surrounding several contestants, including Cassandra Sturos, promises to heat up.  Before tonight’s big show Cassandra Sturos blogged about last weeks episode of The Biggest Loser.  Keep reading because we guarantee that you want to read what she has to say before tonight’s show.

Check out this video preview of tonight’s show!

I hope you all had a splendid Valentine’s Day! Even though my favorite valentine, one Mr. Bob Harper was away for the week making sure we pulled in a win with Daphne, black team most definitely was not slacking off.

We compiled a list of every Bob workout we had learned, even the most grueling circuits and put together our own version. We even got a healthy dose of competition going amongst ourselves trying to beat each other’s times on the rower to really push for that extra one pound advantage to help ensure a win.

Read Cassandra’s other exclusive blogs: Week 4Week 5

Being Valentine’s week, it couldn’t have been a more appropriate time for us to receive letters from family. We had another beach challenge to compete for just that—digging our way under telephone poles in the sand! Okay, I cannot even describe to you how terrified I was at the prospect of doing this. I am incredibly claustrophobic and the thought of wedging myself underneath a pole to get to the other side sounded like a version of my worst nightmare. I bet you’re wondering why I didn’t just sit out then? Well, there’s this little thing with my stubbornness and competitive nature that just wouldn’t allow me to give into my fears. Time after time I was finding that the more I faced my fears here the stronger I was becoming.

And I wanted those letters. Badly. So under the sand I would go. Despite an amazing collaborative effort on my team’s behalf we got bogged down in that darn sand only to lose another challenge to the reds. And I got stuck under the last pole, much to my chagrin. It wasn’t even being trapped by the pole or losing the letters that felt the most nauseating, it was the fact that my extra weight quite literally felt like it was holding me back. I was suddenly so frustrated with all the ways it had been holding me back all my life. I wanted to scream.

I decided to take out that anger at my body in the gym, however and power through with another goal in mind. I wanted into the 180’s and I knew despite being sans Bob for the week I would do everything in my capabilities to make that happen. So when the scale flashed that beautiful number—189 and I knew I’d done it, lost 6 pounds, gotten into the 180’s and hit the magic 50 pound loss mark, I only felt pride for how far I’d come on this journey. And not only that but we won the weigh-in, even without getting two extra pounds for Daphne! Score on all counts!

So leading into this next week at the ranch I’d like to impart a little of my wisdom onto you. I have been learning so much here and thought it’s only fair to share right? In the spirit of love, here’s a fun fitness tip from me.

Try and go on a forty-five to hour long walk in the morning before breakfast. It is a great way to get your metabolism going before you even start your day. Then by the time you eat breakfast your body is already tuned up and ready to go. Besides all that greatness, you feel accomplished having started out your day with fresh air.

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

13 Responses to “The Biggest Loser Cassandra Sturos Exclusive Blog: Week Seven”

1. EricaD Says:
    February 21st, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Question, why are all of the black people voted off first?

Second comment, the black team are full of weak, angry overweight, unhappy, and spiteful women with low self esteem and they will still be that even if they loose weight.

Conda!!!!!!! perhaps your daughter should spend more time with her dad because you are not a positive role model! Just a spiteful, mean, fat kid.

2. Glenn Says:
    February 21st, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Tonight’s show made me say, LAST SHOW!

I used to enjoy watching people work out and weighing in. Then I wondered how people could gain weight? Now I know.

Good bye, Biggest Loser. And I do mean LOSER.

3. Shirley Says:
    February 21st, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I wonder when everyone gets the message that Conda
    needs to leave.. She is a trouble maker. This years theme is “No Excuses” and all the black team did was make excuses and were talked in to eating bread etc. and it hurt each of them and they can thank Conda. Sorry but this is wrong.

4. Gail Says:
    February 21st, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I watched the show tonight and am inspired by you so just had to let you know. You shine brighter then
    everyone there. Your smile is so beautiful & even more beautiful is your heart that shows through. I
    cried when you cried knowing the pain such a full heart can fell. You make me smile when you laugh
    because its easy to see you are genuine. I am 60 years old & see you like a daughter anyone would be proud to have. You ARE beautiful so never forget
    that. I cheer you on. Thanks for adding warmth to our world.

5. angela Says:
    February 21st, 2012 at 8:58 pm

This season. It looks like there is an issue..It is obvious that Daphne and her brother were ostracized because they are “different”. What a shame in this day and age. As for Condi, she needs to do some serious soul searching..the girl’s got issues..I cannot believe that the others are actually listening to her sorry self..And deliberately not losing weight..What a shame!!

6. Felicia and Chris Says:
    February 21st, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I HATE CONDA!!!!!!

7. Jesus Sola Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 10:00 am

Yes could say it will be last time i will watch the show .The producer could go make some other clown like Dolvent the star of the show like what right did he have to screen across the room at Daphne ?.

8. Gene's Girl Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 10:55 am

I have never been so disappointed as I have been with this seasons BL contestants and their childishness. From the moment Adrian and Daphne arrived, the plotting to send them back home began. They didn’t make the rules about having an opportunity to come back, but they worked hard to earn that chance to be on the ranch. Why was that a problem for so many of the other contestants? And the fact that the only black contestants were treated so badly really makes me question what happened. I wonder, since Conda seems to be the ring leader and the real drama queen, and since her daughter is obviously bi-racial, perhaps she has something against blacks…perhaps her daughter’s daddy treated her badly and her treatment of Adrian and Daphne reflects that? Conda needs therapy and the others need to start thinking for themselves instead of following after her. Like Daphne said, she came to lose weight and gain her life/health back….she wasn’t there to play the game.

9. Sara Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:56 am

Cassandra, are you Greek? If so, my Greek friends told me to tell you that they are sending a huge virtual spittoon to your face! Shame on you to side with AnaConda, the racist bully, stressing out a person with a heart condition, not to mention the rest of the contestants and America! That makes you exactly like your Cobra frenemy!

10. nolongerafan Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I have lost so much respect for you since you sided with Conda against Daphne. Conda! The one who accused you of cheating! The one who got kicked out of the gym because she got into a fight with Dolvett!

Such a disappointment. I was hoping you would win, but no longer.

11. NotaCondaFan Says:
    February 25th, 2012 at 1:10 am

Your one of my favorite contestants. I was disappointed that you sided with Anaconda in plotting against Daphne. She had as much right to be there and be healthy as any other contestant. It was mean and spiteful that ya’ll had to throw the weigh-in just to vote Daphne Off.

12. Ryan Says:
    February 25th, 2012 at 1:29 am

Its okay, stay strong! You are so amazing!

13. Get Rid Of Conda & Kim Says:
    March 1st, 2012 at 11:17 am

Cassandra don’t side with Conda!
    To the Biggest Loser Producers I hope you have ears to hear you are Losing your fan base by continuing to have bullies Conda and Kim on the show. If any of these bullies win I WILL NEVER WATCH THIS SHOW AGAIN!! AND I guarantee I will have the backup of Thousands who feel the same. In my opinion the ONLY ones who should win this are Adrian, Daphne and yes you Cassandra. The rest FORGET IT! SHAMEFUL how Daphne and Adrain were treated!

Comments