Adam Levine Defends Christina Aguilera’s Weight Gain On Howard Stern

February 22, 2012 03:52 PM by Shayla Perry

Whether it’s sexual tension as Cee Lo Green says, or just playful banter, one thing’s clear: Adam Levine definitely has his Voice co-star Christina Aguilera‘s back! In a recent interview with shock jock and new America’s Got Talent judge Howard Stern, the Maroon 5 front man came to Aguilera’s defense when the conversation turned to her weight. What did he say? Keep reading for all the details.

Christina Aguilera’s weight has been media fodder for many months, but as the Grammy-winning singer says, “As long as I’m happy in my own skin, that’s all I need. I’m happy with where I’m at. I have a boyfriend that loves my body. I love my body.”

But apparently, Howard Stern’s not feeling the love.

During his show, the shock jock asked rocker and fellow NBC reality star Adam Levine about Aguilera’s new, fuller figure, saying, “Why do you think she’s got so heavy, is she upset? She used to be so f**king hot! And her clothes are too tight, am I right?”

Levine responded, “Her clothes are tight, she likes to wear tight clothes,” adding, “She clearly likes to talk about being comfortable with being a woman, and snapping her fingers and doing the whole [diva] thing.”

Stern then declared, “When you’re a plus sized woman, you can’t wear the tight clothes anymore,” but Adam quickly interrupted, “I wouldn’t go that far actually.”

Were Howard Stern’s comments about Christina Aguilera’s weight out of line, or is it to be expected from the controversial radio host? Did Levine do enough to defend Christina, or should he have said more? Share your thoughts below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “Like” us on Facebook! For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Voice Links.

Visit our sister site SheKnows for more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment!

Photo credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Voice |

20 Responses to “Adam Levine Defends Christina Aguilera’s Weight Gain On Howard Stern”

1. Teresa Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Although, I dislike Howard Stern, I think many are shocked that a famous woman of wealth would allow herself to gain weight. She can afford the best chefs, trainers, etc, etc. She was “hot” as Stern said, and now…she looks unkempt.

2. DJ Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 5:53 am

It is not his place to talk about her, her weight or her boyfriend. He doesn’t need to defend her anymore than he did. It is called, NOT GETTING INVOLVED! Something everyone on this planet should practice!

3. Shane Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 5:59 am

Who cares what he thinks!

4. lasgr Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 6:14 am

I thought Howard Stern was dead….

5. Jack Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 6:24 am

Howard Stern conducts on air interviews as if normal everyday folks were just talking amongst themselves. When regular folks see Christina on TV they notice how big she has gotten compared to how she used to look. They talk about it. Is Howard out of line? Not by a long shot. I don’t care how “good” Christina “feels”, overweight people are unhealthy. Period. And their friends should help them in a loving way to get healthy. The problem is women won’t come right out and say it. Men will. So I guess you can put Adam Levine on the ladies side.

6. Yumi Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 6:26 am

Howard likes those tall skinny blonde women with no curves at all. Most guys prefer nice shapely women and not sticks.

7. Kimberly Freeman Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 6:29 am

Are you Serious? I listen to Howard Stern all the time and love him. I also love that he is a great interviewer. The only reason that Howard asks that is because no one else will. Why does that surprise people when it comes to Howard? Anything for an article. As far has Adam Levine defending Christina,I think thats great. I’m sure if he felt the convo was going too far he would put a stop to it. I’m sure he knew what to excpect. Everyone that listens to Howard knows that he
    gets people to talk. Thats what a great interview is! How about next time the article be on a more serious issue other than something Howard Stern says especially when everyone knows thats what he does!!! Keep doin what you do Howard!! Awesome show

8. devlyn Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 6:37 am

i think adam defended her good and for howard stern he needs to realize that not everyone can look like a model and for christina i like her just the way she is. she is still very beutiful in my eyes and she has a heart of gold. christina is right as long as she likes herself then it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. i would go out with her just the way she is.

9. Karen Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:02 am

Look Stern you Ichabod Crane wanna be, I rather be known for my body ( you can always loose weight or gain it) BUT you CANT CHANGE UGLY!…. You my friend are not a SHOCK JOCK ( that is the most ridiculous title, trying to make insulting people sound like a SPORT…. ) You are ugly on the inside and out!!!

10. Bryan Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:19 am

No, Howard wasn’t out of line; and Adam handled the questions correctly. This article is more an attempt to draw people to this site using the Howard Stern name and the issue of celebrities & their weight.

11. BS Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:32 am

I love how all of these websites show pictures of Aguilera’s weight and post pictures of her being heavier, then they get mad when Howard Stern points out the same thing they’ve pointed out for years.

12. ronda hancock Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:34 am

She looks great! She doesn’t have to stay a size three forever, and even if she ever does actually get up to a plus size, She will still look way better than that big nose man with a horrible butt EVER did!

13. TONY Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:41 am

HOWARD STERN IS SO OVERDONE I LIKE HIM BUT THAT NEED TO SHOCK TO BE RELAVANT. DONE DONE!HE MAKES MONEY SO HE STAYS AROUND.LIKE CRACK DEALERS!AMERICA WHEN WILL WE REACH THE POTENTIAL OUR FREEDOMS AFFORD US? MEN WITH OUT A CLUE COMMENTING ON WOMENS WEIGHT,BIRTH CONTROL,THEIR BODIES IN GENERAL.LIKE RACE RELATIONS YOU ONLY ATTEMPT TO MARGINALIGE THAT WHICH YOU ARE AFFRAID OF.WELCOM TO THE THE SANTORUM LEVEL OF REALITY MR. STERN.YOU SHOULD BE BETTER WITH THAT PLATFORM YOU HAVE BY NOW. GOOD LUCK SIR!

14. Ann Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:46 am

Adam could have said more but he didn’t because with Howard Stern it is best not to or he will harp on it all the more. Christina is not a Plus size woman obviously. That’s ridiculous. She looks great. She is beautiful either size she has been.

15. tony clifton Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:50 am

howard likes his woman built like young asian boys

16. howard eatsdick Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:18 am

hey howie u suck so bad that if i ever see u in real life i’m going to beat u so bad ur own mommy won’t recognize u

17. Green Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:19 am

And we should care because?

18. Russ, Ian Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:25 am

I don’t know why Howard had Adam in the first place. He is the most uninteresting and superficial “rock star”.

19. Larry888 Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:44 am

No She is a fat ASS

20. WYAJ Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 8:49 am

I commend Adam for not siding with Howard’s opinion of Christina’s fuller figure. However,I do felt like he could’ve said more. Howard Stern, for some bizarre reason,seems to think that everyone has the same taste or preferences as he, and if they don’t then there’s something wrong with them.

Comments