The Bachelor: Ben Flajnik Explains Why Kacie Boguskie Went Home

February 22, 2012 09:00 AM by Megan Thompson

The Bachelor, on ABC, was all about the hometown dates this week.  Ben Flajnik flew around the country and visited with the final four women’s families.  In the end, Ben decided that Kacie Boguskie wasn’t the one for him and sent her home. In the limo Kacie was crushed and cried out, ”what the f*&k happened?”  Keep reading to find out why Ben sent Kacie B home.

It’s one of the favorite episodes of The Bachelor, the hometown dates.  Each woman gets to bring Ben, who they have all fallen in love with, home to meet their parents.  How can a parent not be skeptical?  It was clear that Ben was most uncomfortable when meeting Kacie B’s family.  Both Kacie’s mom and dad made it clear they have very traditional values.  Have they seen The Bachelor before?  I can’t believe they allowed their daughter on the show.

So is Kacie’s family the reason she didn’t receive a rose? In Ben’s blog for People Magazine he wrote, “Kacie was raised with more traditional values than I was and I felt like that would get between us in regards to her family.  I thought about it so much that it started getting in the way of my feelings growing stronger for her.”  So to answer Kacie’s question of, “What the f*&k happened?” It seems the answer is her family was way too traditional for Ben.  Ben still had feelings for Kacie, but wanted to keep his promise to her dad. The promise was that if he didn’t think she was the one, to let her go sooner rather than later.  But Ben did feel bad watching Kacie cry in the limo, because he tweeted, “ugh. watching these exits is so painful. never want to hurt any of them.”

Do you think Kacie B’s family destroyed her relationship with Ben?  Let us know what you thought of the hometown dates, leave us a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! For other great The Bachelor news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelor.

Photo Courtesy of ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor |

26 Responses to “The Bachelor: Ben Flajnik Explains Why Kacie Boguskie Went Home”

1. Jim Julian Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 10:20 am

Kacie B. was one of our favorites from the outset. I think she and Ben would have made a good pair, but I guess Ben remembered, and we all should, that you marry the whole family, not just your chosen mate. I think the attitude of her dad especially, but also her mom, would have caused many problems for them had Kacie been the chosen one. Sad, though. She is a wonderful girl. Wonder how her parents liked her limo expletives?

2. Marie Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I think I would have been MAD at my parents if I were Kacie. They totally ruined it for her….but then again….I am not so sure they did. It looks like they may have done her a favor….. he seems to be thinking with the wrong tool. It does not look like he wants a serious relationship which is why he likes Courtney so much. Easy on the eyes, but obviously no risk of commiting. Yeah…. I find this season to be a waste.

3. Misty Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 1:35 pm

It seemed like Ben’s primary objection was when Kacie’s Mom requested that they not live together if their relationship progressed. We live in a culture that thinks living together is necessary before marriage. The sad truth is that couples who live together before marriage have a 75% higher divorce rate than couples who do not. The question should not have been the living together issue; it should have been “what are reasonable boundaries between adult children and parents?”. I was sad to see her go, but hope she finds someone amazing!

4. jmh30 Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 1:42 pm

This isn’t the 50s and her parents need to evolve. I do respect traditional values but she isn’t 16 either, and she went on a reality show Ben claims he wasn’t raised in such a traditional family but felt the need to let her go because her parents were old fashioned?

5. Barb Boots Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Kacie was a bit too provincial for Ben. She has led such a sheltered and protected life that I do not think she and Ben would have made if for the long run.

6. Janet Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Sorry jmh, you’re definition of evolve is to disregard their morals. It has nothing to do with being the 50s or old-fashioned. I’m glad her parents brought it up. So many people today feel pressured into moving in. Like another stated, divorce is higher among those who live together before marriage. People need to take time to get to know each other before jumping in the sack and moving in.

7. Susan Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Iwas very sad to see Kacie B leave. I could see she really loved him and they made a good couple..
    I so wanted Ben to send Courtney home… SHe is
    so under handed and Kacie is sweet lovely and Ben should have let her deal with her parents

8. Mafeon Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I feel bad that Ben let a really wonderful woman slip through his hands! At least he still has two beautiful souls left to pick from! I really hope Kacie finds a great person!

9. Sandy Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I am from Maryville which is not too far from where Kacie is from and I love the fact that her parents stuck to their beliefs and told Ben how they feel. Kacie is a smart, beautiful, funny and grounded girl that I would love to have as my daughter in law. I have a son her age that would welcome a girl with her values. These days it’s hard for a young man to find a girl like her. I says Ben gets what he deserves if he ends up with Courtney…

10. Victoria Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 9:30 pm

It is a shame when traditional values are considered as failure to evolve. But, Ben did the right thing in letting Kacie go if he believed that their different upbringings would hinder the relationship.

I hope he continues to do the right thing, and give Courtney the big “heave-ho” this coming week! She is shallow and selfish.

11. Terry Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 10:35 pm

A mixed bag…I agree that her parents were crystal clear in their wishes, but if they are Kacie’s as well, then I also agree that she should be let go ASAP. She seems awfully sweet, especially compared to Ms. Southern California. Hope Ben doesn’t choose her…

12. Sandy Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Having five sons, can not imagine me saying no living together, i know what they would have said, but i will spare ya all the details. If at 24 years old your parents are still calling the shots, it is an issue. She should have said dad i love and respect you, but this is my life. If i want to live with ben i will…period! She has her own life and yes, they ruined it for her.

13. Lisa Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Definitely her parents scared him off, my gosh they barely smiled. He was so much more relaxed and comfortable around the other families. Kacie’s family looked and sounded like the had sticks up their butts, and noses in the air. Ben Is mOre down to earth. It is such a shame, she is my favorite and I am so freaked out that he is going to choose the black widow Courtney. Next best, Lindsey!

14. Lin Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I totally think that Kacie’s parents ruined this for her. They completely disregarded her feelings and acted like she was 16 instead of the age she is. Kacie is an ADULT, and her mother should have kept her ideas to herself, and is is NONE of her business. I got the impression that Kacie’s mother is a very controlling woman. The best thing Kacie could do is move OUT of her parents’ home. If I had been in Kacie’s position, I would have been furious at what my parents said to him.

15. Cindy Says:
    February 22nd, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Kacie was my favorite, but Ben did have to let her go. In laws can ruin your life. Kacie is fortunate her parents ruined this relationship now rather than causing her to be divorced later.
    The batchelor has had such amazing women, talented, smart,funny, energetic ,,, Ben never had this kind of attention in his life..I makes me sad to hear the woman cry as they leave “Why am I not good enough?” “What did I do wrong?”.Ladies we MUST stop thinking our worth comes from a man!! (Especially one that can’t see a conniving witch even when she is point out to him!) He’s just not “all that”, girls.Take heart.

16. Chris Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:00 am

I think Kacie’s parents values may be different from hers but she is a grown woman and it should have been up to her to decide. In today’s world, a lot of people that are engaged live together before marriage. I’m sure when Kacie finds out what her parents told Ben, she might be very angry with them. It is nice to have your parents advice but they also need to let go and let their children make their own mistakes. Her parents are definately responsible for her demise. I do hope that she does find someone.

17. Bec Bau Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:22 am

I think Kacie is adorable and I think Ben truly found her to be a sweetheart. But I don’t think they would’ve been right together. Very different outlooks on life. And until the hometown dates, I was definitely a Courtney hater. But seeing them together away from the other girls, I can see a real connection for them. They were the ones that seemed to have the most ease with each other. There touch was less forced and seemed the most comfortable. I’m not sure it’s a love match but they do seem to really want to explore the possibilities.

18. Richelle Corso-Sbarro Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:52 am

I TOTALLY think Kacie B.’s parents were the reason Ben sent her home. What a shame for this girl to have come so far and fallen in love with Ben only for her PARENTS to mess it up for her in the 11th hour. She is a beautiful, sweet, intelligent girl. I hope she finds her true love. These days, thats not so easy.

19. millie Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Kacie’s parents weren’t thinking about Kacie. They were worried about what the neighbors would say. The subject should have been private between the parents and Kacie. After that Kacie could have then shared her OWN feelings with Ben. Hope her parents learned a lesson. THEY are the reason she has a broken heart.

20. Shelley Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Of course Kacie’s parents influenced Ben. Shame on them; they’re daughter is an adult. Be that as it may, all respect flew out the window the longer Ben has kept Courtney around. She’s like a 7th grader in a school cafeteria.

21. Toady Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Kacie was way too good for Ben from the beginning. For us watching…when Ben said.. “Courtney made her self stand out amoung the other these last few group dates”, it was obvious what her was looking for. A no-class little sleaze that had no problem showing him, the world, and eventually, her parents, he nakedness. Obviously, he’s not really looking for true love and commitment, he’s horny. Period. Yes, they may have a ‘real connection’, but, it’s because they both have the same core values…none! You can blame Kacies parents, but, they are just the excuse he needed to let her go…he knew she would see through him sooner rather than later.

22. MacBob Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I felt really bad for Kacie because her parents should not have imposed old traditional values on Ben. They should have said that to Kacie. Anyone marrying Kacie is going to most likely have problems with her parents…too controlling. Kacie is wonderful and needs to put some space between her and her parents so she can have the life she wants, not what they want. Ben is lucky in that he still has two (not three) good choices left and probably doesn’t deserve them, Ok, not the two of them. Hope he and Courtney end up together but maybe he will surprise us in the end.

23. Brilee Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I have like Kacie from the start and feel that they DID have a connection. I do feel this HOME TOWN DATE screwed everything up. Ifeel as if Kacie didn’t care what her parents felt, she wanted to be with Ben regardless of their thoughts, however, Ben couldn’t go on with Kacie because he knew deep down that things with her parents wouldn’t have worked out and he did the best thing he had to at that moment, and that was to let her go. I am very sad about the situation, but It’s VERY hard to NOT get along with the In-laws…puts a damper and strain on the relationship they would have been creating and adjusting to. Good luck to the noth of them AND I HOPE KACIE B. is the NEXT bachelorette AFTER EMILY!!!!

24. C. Says:
    February 24th, 2012 at 10:03 am

Traditional/conservative parent types only choose appear that way. Too bad Ben didn’t realize that they would have worked things through because her parents loved Kacie more than they loved their “moral safeguards” for her.
    Odd that Courtney’s family didn’t treat her…or even give any clues that they know she how manipulative she is. Nearly every move she makes, bodily and facially, is affected and calulated for its effect. She thinks in terms of still photographs. I doubt she is anywhere near being ready for the letting go of her controlling ways in order to really be in love.

25. Susanne Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 10:33 am

Kacie was my favorite! She obviously was able to go against her parents control by going on the show, so I think she would have kept a good space with the parents, had she married Ben! But she had to bring him home for the show! I think her parents let her down! They should have trusted that Kacie! Kacie, if you are reading this, I hope you find someone who really deserves you! And I do think Ben thought a lot of you! I think your parents scared him off…I think he was afraid you would be hurt more if he didn’t choose you in the end. I feel sorry for Ben choosing Courtney over someone as fine as you. I think he will sick when the drama of this show is over and he realizes how dumb he was!

26. Bonnie Says:
    March 26th, 2012 at 5:53 am

No. He realized the sugary-sweetness was phoney act!

Comments